[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i bought the first dark souls since /v/ always drones on about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1460277221759.jpg (59 KB, 456x600) Image search: [Google]
1460277221759.jpg
59 KB, 456x600
so i bought the first dark souls since /v/ always drones on about how good it is. im playing the game but i dont understand alot of the mechanics and i feel like im missing alot of things as i go along. should i play with a guide as i go or do a run through and then go through it again?
>>
You don't need a guide:
>go through undead burg first
>use weaker enemies at the start to practice parries
>never put points into resistance
>watch out for black knight
>plunging attacks work well even on extremely strong foes
>talk to npcs multiple times for extra dialogue
>killing npcs is unadvised
>summons are for casuals
>>
>>336327780
Don't play with a guide, it'll ruin the experience. The mechanics are pretty cryptic, though, so if you have any specific questions about something you don't understand you can ask.
>>
>>336328476
how the fuck do i know where to go and what bosses to bypass or kill? it seems like i keep going to places where i do like 5 damage
>>
>>336327780
is you use summons, magic or shields then you're a casual piece of shit and should kill yourself.
>>
>>336328981
There isn't really a set place to go until later in the game. In fact, using a certain starting gift, you can fight seven bosses as your first boss after you leave the asylum.

However, the generally accepted path for beginners is to go from Firelink Shrine to the Undead Burg, then kill Taurus Demon and shortly thereafter Bell Gargoyles. The Bell Gargoyles guard the first bell of awakening, and Quelaag down in Blighttown guards the second (both of these are required).
>>
>>336329420
bell gargoyles? i think i fucked up. im already in the darkroot gardens
>>
>>336328981
You're supposed to leave Firelink at the start by walking up some stairs into a tunnel that leads to the Undead Burg, generally you want to fight bosses as you come across them
>>
>>336329505
Darkroot is an optional area that you can take on now if you want, the boss of the area sucks dick though. The gargoyles are at the top of the church right before the blacksmith
>>
>>336329297
>>336328395
Summons are fine for new players, on a second playthrough if you do one maybe ween yourself off of them.
>>
>>336329505
Don't worry about it, just do whatever. Darkroot is not overly difficult. Dark Souls is more or less cut in two, with a single challenging area cutting off the latter parts of the game. You should be able to tackle any of the early game areas with a little determination. Just know that ringing both bells is required to advance, but don't worry about going out of your way to rush to them.
>>
>>336329648
ohh. right before the blacksmith. maybe i missed some stairs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.