[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ feel about the Uncharted series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: U4.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
U4.webm
3 MB, 640x360
How does /v/ feel about the Uncharted series?
>>
>>336324524
Generic dude raider.
>>
Indifference.
Naughty Dog died after the PS2.
>>
cinematic 3rd person cansur
>>
File: 1439461820020.jpg (230 KB, 626x1410) Image search: [Google]
1439461820020.jpg
230 KB, 626x1410
looks like an amazing game
>>
I enjoy them.
They have never pretended to be anything more than they are, which is "fairly competent, heavily scripted shooters with minor platforming/puzzle elements", and they're easily the best at what they do.
Complaining that a game like Uncharted relies on its scripting and setpieces is like complaining that a game like Zelda relies on its dungeon structure. You're free to do so, but it begs the question of why you're playing those games in the first place.
>>
I think they're ok. They are basically the video game equivalent of the summer blockbusters they so carefully try to recreate.

Basically they're just dumb fun. Nothing about them is particularly memorable outside of the occasional setpiece in each game but I feel like the games achieve what they set out to do.
>>
>>336325412
hahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>336324524
they're dumb fun, feels like playing an Indiana Jones movie
>>
Scripted as fuck
>>
>>336325412

>Character clearly gets hit
>lolshitpostmoviescript

Never seen someone so assblasted about a good game.
>>
Basically this >>336326760
And I really liked playing the cooperative missions with my friends and my brother in splitscreen + online. I even got the last coop arena map
The competitive like Ranked, Deathmatch and others, on the other hand, not really. Uncharted3 felt like it was pay to win in those modes. Uncharted2 was mediocre third person shooter in the competitive multiplayer and really entertaining on the cooperative one.

Uncharted4 not having cooperative modes or not confirming the splitscreen until at least autumn means I'll wait until then to see if I'll ever get the game before the "Complete version" is sold really cheap in a few years.
>>
The mud physics look like they're pulled right out of motorstorm
>>
>>336324524
ok games, once playthrough only.
characters are unmemorable as are the stories, nate and sully are the only interesting characters because of their banter.
multiplayer is generic crap but some people really like it.

i will pick up 4 in a few years when its cheap
>>
>>336324524
I like it.

Uncharted 3 was what everybody here shitposted about 1 and 2 though. It was a restrictive excuse for large set pieces before it was a good game.
>>
So I watched that webm.

And I'm pretty sure not a single thing in it actually required controller input.
>>
>>336329118

Maybe if you actually played video games instead of shit posting constantly.

>lol it's a movie like the last of us
>what's that? it has competitive online multiplayer? competitive online movie watching :)))))

Seriously you faggots are unbearable.
>>
File: SpiritedValuableBrownbear.webm (1 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
SpiritedValuableBrownbear.webm
1 MB, 700x394
DOWNGRADE
>>
>>336324524
Looks quite nice, would play, if Sony released it on pc that is. But since they won't, whatever.
>>
>>336329118
Uncharted 2 had a similar level. It wasn't scripted in the way you're implying either.
>>
>>336329371
Bullshit
>>
>>336329371
>Unchartedlands
>>
>>336329517
yep its real

its a filter option you can turn on for a cell shaded look
>>
>>336324524
They're not really games. Just Awesome McCool simulators which are really glorified Skinner Boxes (press control stick forward at right moment, receive explosions)
>>
I don't care for them.

They hardly constitute as games.
Definitely not system sellers
>>
>>336329719
Stupidest post I've seen in a while. Great job.
>>
>>336329820

He's right though. Modern Naughty Dog games are more story and cutscenes than the actual gameplay.
>>
>>336329661
I assumed as much. Uncharted loves its gimmick filters.
>>
Based Rich Evans pretty much sums up every Naughty Dog game perfectly.

https://youtu.be/_VfOQ9rgdbc?t=6m33s
>>
>>336329371
I actually like the cel shading
>>
Literally real life, in fact I think it might be even more real than real life.
>>
File: nightclub kid.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
nightclub kid.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>336324524
More like Unsharted.
>>
>>336329719
It's nor a game because you press a button and receive visual feedback as the game reacts in relation to your input.

Press grenade button, receive explosion. HOW QUAINT.

>>336329915
Didn't even mention cutscenes in his post. The longest of which in Uncharted 2 is only 5 minutes long.
>>
>>336330154
Rich is an idiot. Just because he's a human meme doesn't mean his opinions are worth anything.
>>
>>336330529
What parts of his complaints about game developers putting gameplay as a complete afterthought behind their incredibly shitty and uninspired scripts isn't valid?
>>
Incredibly overrated. While the games do have great graphics, good voice acting and decent dialog, they're incredibly mediocre in the gameplay department.

It's a repetitive, highly scripted, linear, average cover based third person shooter and nothing more. Platforming and puzzles are pretty bad also.
>>
generic third person shooter with shit gunplay and waist high cover everywhere.

i do enjoy the platforming parts and set pieces though and melee isn't too bad. rest of the game is shit. i only liked uncharted 3.
>>
>>336330626
because they dont, just because their are cutscenes mean that gameplay was a afterthought , the gameplay is solid with tight controls
>>
>>336324524

too linear
>>
Only played the first game. It was meh. Saw no reason to play the others.
>>
>>336324524
Jack of all trades, master of none. The story is fine, the shooting is fine, the puzzles are braindead easy but fine if only because they're not annoying. Nothing about it stands out. Which means the game isn't bad but it's not some masterpiece or anything.
>>
>>336324524
Nothing to like, nothing to hate seems like a normal 3rd person shooter mostly played by casuals i wouldn't mind to play it but i wouldn't buy it either
>>
>>336330626
They write the story around action set-pieces, if anything, it's not a story-driven game. Story is just an excuse for whatever they wanna do.
>>
>>336329371

oh god, you retards are going to be posting webms recorded with the 640x480 shader running and claim "lol muh 1080p!" like the cockends you are.
>>
>>336324524
Wow what the fuck, there's a scene just like that in Tomb Raider Legend.
>>
>>336330751
>the gameplay is solid with tight controls
>gameplay
>every other room is just a lazily designed shithole with a couple enemies and some waste high cover sprinkled around
>walking expository dialogue in the next room
>repeat
>gameplay
k

>>336330945
>Story is just an excuse for whatever they wanna do.
They should do something creative and interesting instead of making bad action movies written by wannabe script writers.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (38 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
38 KB, 640x472
>>336330728
>only liking the worst game in the series
>>
>>336331050
Ayo hol up hol up, there's a scene just like that in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade too, how deep does this rabbit hole go!?
>>
>>336330751
The gameplay is a bunch of scripted sequences that might as well not even be interactive. Any time the combat actually has to shine on its own without any pretty spectacle to back it up, it becomes immediately apparent that ever enemy is a bullet sponge and the gunplay is boring and bland as fuck. It's like Gears of War but even more generic and bland.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>336324524
Fun series with ligh hearted story.
>>
>>336331134
>They should do something creative and interesting instead of making bad action movies written by wannabe script writers.
So you want them to focus on the story now? Make up your mind.
It's a simple Indiana Jones derived adventure story, not Faust. They write interesting locations into the game.
>>
>>336331181

As someone who got the collection on PS4, and never played the games, they get progressively better, with a big jump in quality from the first to the second, and the third being a refinement of the second, so you shut your whore mouth.

I'd say the second one is my favourite though.
>>
>>336331134
>i didnt play it: the post
>>
>>336324524
They're a cinematic action series with high production value. Not for everyone read /v/ gameplay purists but it seems to be the best at what it does
>>
>>336331397
I don't acknowledge the opinions of people who never played the games.
>>
>>336331134
>Move forward
>Kill enemies
>Move forward
>Kill enemies
Pssht. Gameplay? Gimmie a break.

But which game made in the last 20 years am I talking about?
>>
>>336331357
>So you want them to focus on the story now? Make up your mind.
Literally when did I say or imply that?
>>
>>336331604
Apocalypse?
>>
>>336331474
I played U1 and TLoU, enough to know every Naughty Dog and Naughty Doglite developer is shitting out the same awful games with barebones afterthought gameplay and awful stories written by people that take themselves way too seriously for what they produce.

>>336331604
>buy food
>eat food
WOAH GIMMIE A BREAK WHAT MEAL MADE IN THE LAST 20 YEARS AM I TALKING ABOUT
>>
>>336331769
>Buy food
>Eat it
>Food is gone
WOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW
>>
for what they set out to do their fine, but iv always fucking hated how the combat felt in all of them. its never tight and theyve always lacks good feedback. 4 looks a little better in this regarcd, but im also hearing the controls are kinda fucked for shooting still so i guess ill wait and see.
>>
I enjoy playing them because I've pretty much played everything Naughty Dog have put out since Crash Bandicoot.
I just wish they'd make more of a game.
>>
>>336324524
It doesnt, no matter how much NeoGaf projects that it does.
>>
Representative of everything that's wrong with the industry

>style over substance "cinematic" experience
>linear, corridor-based gameplay
>focus on QTEs
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.