[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4K and upgraded Xbone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ps4k.jpg (49 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
ps4k.jpg
49 KB, 630x354
have developers said anything about disliking those upgraded consoles?

They only have to make 3 versions of multiplats, but with the new hardware they'll have to tweak 2 more versions.
>>
you sure these aren't revisions and not upgrades
>>
as a developer myself, im glad that console retards are going to rebuy my games for a new console
>>
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/04/19/ps4-5-neo-sony-playstation-4/

>it seems Sony’s all-but-confirmed PS4.5/PS4K is already causing headaches for “most” developers.

>That’s according to a “trusted source” cited by Kinda Funny Co-Founder Colin Moriarty, who took to Twitter to reveal that the “extra cost” and development planning involved with the alleged hardware upgrade has irked some creators.
>>
The market is contracting [maybe back down to 5th gen levels] and the budgets have done nothing but go up. They are going to try and sell the all-in neofaggots incremental systems at a profit even though the pace of hardware improvement [for the stuff that goes into game consoles anyway] is actually slowing down.
>>
>>336321776
No one will re-buy shit

Any game will work on both a PS4 and PS4K, its up to you if you want to make PS4K's version perform better.
>>
>>336323753
Gta5 is like the second best selling game on the ps4 and yet you're saying no-one rebuys shit
>>
>>336324160
man, as a developer you sure are retarded

PS4K is a PS4. It has been stated that every game must be compatible with both
PS4 remasters of PS3 games are a whole other matter.

I didn't say people don't re-buy shit, I say they don't have to with the PS4K. Say I get GTA 6 on my base PS4 and 6 months later I get a PS4K. I don't need to get the game again, that same game will simply run better on the PS4K

Just like it works with the new3DS. I have 3DSXL and monster hunter 4. If I were to buy a new3DS now I could use that same game and it would run closer to 60fps rather than 30fps
>>
>>336321776
Fuck off with your indieshit you faggot
>>
I don't care about this PS4k shit but the only reason a developer could be against it is:
- they can't sell 2 copies of the same game anymore (PS3 + PS4)
- improved hardware means they actually have to optimize their games and make them not run like dogshit
>>
>>336318923
It's probably not going to be that bad unless Sony forces dev to make graphical improvements.
Considering how bad most ps4 games run, having them run at a solid 60fps and real 1080p resolutions would be more than enough.
What I'm really worried about is that it'll make devs even lazier and ps4 games will start running like a slideshow.
>>
>>336322015
>Colin Moriarty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP5_YKu0
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.