[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You all know it's just gonna be more modern war stuff like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: maxresdefault.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
You all know it's just gonna be more modern war stuff like 3 and 4 right?
>>
Good I like that setting especially the way it is in BF4 and hope they improve on it.

They need to add way more factions than just fucking US vs. Russia and China

needs EU forces again, Royal Marines, JGSDF, etc

needs maps set in European cities, Chinese artificial islands etc

needs less premium and battlepack shit, less unlocks and useless weapons and camos
>>
Thought they were doing World War 1
>>
File: 1352641795525.png (5 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
1352641795525.png
5 KB, 191x234
No, it's going to be 2143 and it's going to be fucking awesome.

Battlefield 4's DLC's all had big shoutouts to 2142. It has to be 2143!
>>
>>336319294

This. The press I was reading 2-3 months ago was World War 1. Has this changed?
>>
>>336319517
>>336319294
the gameplay wouldn't work well. you can't run and gun. the guns aren't advanced enough and you have to sit in the trench and get gassed.
>>
>>336319410
This

Old wars are played out.
Modern war is played out.
All that's left is sci-fi.
>>
>>336320050
Please no, infinity warfare looks like fucking Halo.

I don't want this. Not for Battlefield as well.
>>
File: Bergmann_MP18.1 (1).jpg (869 KB, 2400x924) Image search: [Google]
Bergmann_MP18.1 (1).jpg
869 KB, 2400x924
>>336319857

I have to disagree. You can certainly run and gun with bolt action rifles and some of the automatic weapons of the era (Pic related: Bergmann MP18 Submachine gun). Verdun has proved that a World War 1 game is possible without being a completely boring shitfest. The real grandaddy of challenge is the American Civil War. Nothing except for "War of Rights" by Campfire Games is touching that because there are no good civil war games aside from Sid Meier's Gettysburg.
>>
>>336319294

Correct.

Also God damn the list showing the amount of DLC planned is atrocious
>>
>>336320369
Don't worry they will get there in BF6 or atleast BF7, it's just slowly becoming the same shit.
>>
>>336320369
2142 is scifi but it's not a space shooter.

Anyway
>mfw dudebros like you get 10 unending years of modern warfare cods and battlefields
>mfw the MOMENT that cod and battlefield become slightly futuristic, you get triggered and demand more modern warfare games again

you guys are addicted to that setting. every cod (Except Waw) from cod4 to cod:ghosts was muh 16 muh acog scope and so was battlefield 2 -bad company - bad company 2- battlefield 3- battlefield 4.

how many fucking modern warfare games can you guys play, lmao. sci fi is fun. and 2143 isn't going to be science fantasy like star wars or halo.
>>
File: 1462166033982.png (382 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462166033982.png
382 KB, 640x480
>>336319294
>>336319517

Do you plebs actually believe this?

They would never risk doing a Battlefield game set in WWI. It's not that it couldn't be good, Verdun's a great game, but its just not happening in today's industry. Them and COD wont even risk going back to WWII.

If I had to guess it'll just me another semi modern/futuristic setting ala BF3and4.

I will be shocked if it's set in WWI.
>>
>>336321027
+1
>>
>>336321027
*muh m16 muh acog scope
>>
>>336318453
You all know its gonna have a lot of strong independent warrior womyn and other tumblr bullshit
>>
>>336321063

The prevailing pessimist in me says it's misinformation, but the optimist says they want a new challenge and, from a game design perspective, World War 1 is very difficult to make fun.

I am not that naive, but I can hope. Much like I can hope taylor swift bursts into my room, trips, and falls face-first onto my erect cock.
>>
>>336318453
Please be 2143.
>>
What's the point anymore /v/ all shooters are just the same game on a 1 - 2 year sequel cycle, nothing changes, whats the point?
>>
>>336321250
>What's the point anymore /v/ all shooters are just the same game on a 1 - 2 year sequel cycle
time flies anon. battlefield 4 was 3 years ago.

CURRENT YEAR
2016!
>>
>>336321245
Yes. More lock-ons and built in cheese. That's exactly what we need.

Or are you one of those retards that think the idiot masses will accept WWII-like weapons in a futuristic setting?
>>
>>336321440
>Yes. More lock-ons and built in cheese.

You'd get that in modern setting as well.

2143 would be a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>336321027
I like the modern warfare theme. However I agree that there should be some variety for those who are absolutely sick of it.
>>
>>336321559
No it wouldn't. We've had futuristic shit for years. CoD has done 2 "near future" settings, Titanfall exists and Titanfall 2 is coming out, Star Citizen is still making huge buzz, now we got CoD Infinity Wars which is future.

Future shooters have been the WWII shooter for at good couple of years now.

Modern settings can go to hell too. Give me WWII. Give me Korea.
>>
>>336321689
>Give me WWII Give me Korea.
You got Battlefield 1943/Heroes play it ;^)
There Bad company Vietnam too.
>>
>>336321836
Played the fuck out of 1943 when it was active. Heroes is shit P2W. Vietnam is dead.

I played a lot of Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm. Not a great substitute but it's better than nothing.

You can take you future setting and shove it straight up where you boyfriend fucks you every night. It's an unimaginative and uninspired setting that promotes horrible gameplay mechanics. It's cancer and it's turning people away from gaming.
>>
>>336321836
Also, If you played 2142 you'd know it's nothing like what you listed.
>>
Can we just get 2143? I need more Titan mode.
>>
>>336321974
>It's an unimaginative and uninspired setting
He said while defending WW2
>>
>>336322035
Titan mode does not work with proper infantry gunplay. Assaulting the titan is too difficult when you can actually hit the shit you're aiming at. Hallways become death. There is no proper FPS gameplay in a point blank CQC setting.
>>
>>336321974
You're an idiot.
>>
>>336322094
WWII is unimaginative as hell, but it at least allows for fun gameplay mechanics that are not ruled by a meta of cheese and bullshit.

You just sound like a shitter that need lock-ons. Aiming is too difficult for modern gamers. You all grew up with aim-assist with controllers.
>>
>>336321176

Well I agree. I don't see it happening but id like it to.
>>
>>336322221
>I don't have a response so I'll just call him an idiot
>>
>>336322234
And you sound like a moron that is either fishing for (you)s or completely retarded.
>>
>>336322446
So what's your favorite platform. Xbox One or PS4?
>>
>>336322479
your mom pussy,
>>
>>336320515
Jesus Christ.
I'm trying to imagine how a good civil war fps would work but all I can see are people running around spamming revolvers at close range so they don't have to deal with the reload times for rifles.
>>
>>336322585
Xbox One then.
>>
>>336322630
See Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars.

It works pretty well when you only have one life per round.
>>
>>336318453
Why don't people set a game in a fictional era where recently developed firearms are too crude or expensive to be used commonly in war, and infantry uses complex repeating crossbows and horrifying chemical weapons instead?
It could have little cloth fuse bomb grenades, various chemical canisters, bayonets, swords, primitive leather gas masks, blunderbusses, etc.
All shit you could customize or be rewarded with for good performance.
>>
File: 1459216324735.jpg (132 KB, 652x573) Image search: [Google]
1459216324735.jpg
132 KB, 652x573
>>336318453
sci fi/fantasy shooters are the future and EA knows it
>>
>>336322630
>>336322778

This is war of rights, from their (successful) kickstarter some months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5snMNkXdoo

It looks like it's trying to accomplish too much. You can basically pick from a hundred different ranks from within the chain of command with orders coming down from the top. I've seen this tried before in games like Battlefield 2, but without incentive to follow it's not going to matter. Arma 2 had a decent idea needing to have a player rank of LTC to fly jets.

The whole concept of a civil war FPS is going to rely on hardcore cheese. Things like major buffs for acting as a unit or getting shot for advancing past your lines like in Verdun. I mean, a developer would have to really grab players by the throat and force them into some gameplay boundaries. Maybe they can solve the reload time issue by letting your player level up from muskets to carbines.

I'll still try War of Rights but I feel like it's going to fall flat on its face. Hope not, but it's just way too ambitious for a small team to pull off.
>>
>>336325067
Yeah I can't see average people getting in formation for volley fire and shit.
>>
>>336325596

I agree. Maybe AI or something... I don't know. There's no reason there hasn't been a good RTS since Gettysburg though. I'm disappointed about that. I wish there was a Civil War RTS on the Total War or Company of Heroes engines.
>>
>>336325907
Me too
>>
>>336318453
>You all know it's just gonna be more modern war stuff like 3 and 4 right?

That's what I'm hoping for.

Fuck WW2 and fuck future shit, I'll skip if it's either of those.

If it's more modern war stuff, DICE, I'll be getting the $120 preorder season pass everything and upgrading my computer accordingly.
>>
>>336320050
>All that's left is sci-fi.

Sci-fi is played out too. Call of Duty has already done it, Halo, Battlefront, Planetside 2, sci fi's already been done out too.
>>
>>336321027
>how many fucking modern warfare games can you guys play

A shit ton of them, since it's the best setting, and I'm still having tons of fun, which I wouldn't be with a shitty sci-fi shooter with black spraypainted nerf guns.
>>
>Make 1943, spiritual successor to 1942, the PC exclusive game that catapulted DICE into relevance
>Make it a console exclusive, promise inevitable PC port with 64 player cap and even take preorder money, end up cancelling it

Fuck DICE, dead to me.
>>
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-starts-the-hype-teases-pascal-with-order-of-10-puzzle.html

Pascal will most likely be shown alongside battlefield 5.

G E T H Y P E
E
T

H
Y
P
E
>>
>>336318453
Man, I could beat the shit out of EA for not being smart.
After BF3, I always said it would be a great idea for them to return to the Battlefield 2142 series with a release of 2143. But nooo, they didn't fucking listen...And now it's too late for them to do future warfare without looking like posers, copycats, or just general faggots. I mean seriously, a giant fucking video game mogul and they can't figure this shit out?
>>
Millennials want the halo setting and the PC ports of a game from 10 years ago.
>>
File: 131246754385.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
131246754385.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>>336318453
NOOOOOOO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SHUT UP
DELETE THIS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>336319048
>Less Jewing
>EA
Battlefield was dead the moment they released 2142 and went all-in on pushing unlock progression in a multiplayer game.
>>
Well I think that's it for me and shooters. It was a fun genre for a while.
>>
>>336321027
It's the airsofter teenagers. Thousands of Oxide wannabes that want to make-believe they are 'operators' with WW2/Cold War/Modern settings.

No, they'll never get fucking tired of it, because there will never not be teenagers buying the bulk of the sales of these kinds of games. To them it will always be 'fresh' because they are new to it.

Anyone that's been playing video games for more than 4 years doesn't give a shit about historical/modern copy-pasted garbage.
>>
>>336321063
It's not even a matter of it potentially being done well.

There'll never be a WW1 BF game because that's fucking retarded. The whole 'gimmick' of BF is being an FPS with a heavy vehicle focus, and there are almost no fucking vehicles to speak of in WW1 until late war with tanks that could only move 5 MPH and only have rudimentary weapons.

It just wouldn't fucking work without becoming another Farcry Primal. It's meme-ish as fuck.
>>
>>336318453
>not 2143 after the last BF4 expansion all but confirmed it
it's going to be 2143
praise allah, I cannot wait for new titan gamemode
>>
>>336321689
>A hand full of games
>Scam Citizen amongst them
Wowee totally comparable to the list of hundreds of shitty modern/cold war/ww2 shit we've gotten over the last two decades

Shit nigger ArmA/Flashpoint was cold war for 13 fucking years.
>>
>>336323686
Horrible boring gameplay.
>>
File: M240B.jpg (26 KB, 494x224) Image search: [Google]
M240B.jpg
26 KB, 494x224
>>336318453
I sure hope so, need to go back to marines shreking the shit out of snackbars again.
>>
>>336320050
You're right. It looks fucking ridiculous too, like Terminator mixed with Tron.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
I just want to fuck shit up and wreck things with my trusty Lambert again
>>
>>336327830
Yep BF5 is there to push new nvidia GPUs.

You'll see why.
>>
>>336328290
I remember when 2142 you had to unlock grenades and the defib, and I was like, "What the bleeding fuck, you don't get them at the start? That's retarded."

Now every game's a unlock treadmill.
>>
why don't they just make a good battlefield game this time

instead of 3/4/other shit
>>
I hope its something like 2142.
>dat completely plausible future tech without being over the top
>weapons felt beefy as fuck
>dat Baur H-AR
>dat Zeller-H for fucking up infantry and vehicle drivers
>>
>>336329152
Unlocks exist in BF2
>>
>>336328681
>The whole 'gimmick' of BF is being an FPS with a heavy vehicle focus, and there are almost no fucking vehicles to speak of in WW1

Didn't stop Hardline from existing.
>>
Hardline has like 6 weapons pre-1918 and some melee ones that could exist back then.
Also it has even more pre-1945 weapoons.
Maybe that means something.
>>
N-no Battlefield 1982 for me? ;_;
>>
>>336319517
>fuck, they have that trench line locked down and artillery isn't tickling it...

Get me a tank!

>which one sir?

Whatever one can get here ASAP!

>FT-7 on the way! ETA, 3 hours!
>>
>>336329236
It was way, way less obnoxious in BF2. You were basically unlocking reskins of factional weapons for like 80% of the unlock roster.

Not shit you need to perform your kit's assigned role. Not 9820943842 attachments. Not 70 guns that fuck with the balance and break the aesthetic of your assigned faction. Not basic functionality for vehicles like smoke launchers and flares.

But even then, yeah, unlocks were still stupid as shit in BF2 and should have never been there. BF has no business having weapons outside of a faction's intended armaments. It's fucking stupid and detracts from the themes and aesthetic of the game. Unlocks were the death of multiplayer gaming for anyone but the most easily jewed casuals.

>>336329256
And look how that turned out.
>>
>>336329236
You only got an extra gun per class (two if you bought Special Forces) and they took so long to grind for that you were basically stuck with the defaults. Aside from that, your soldiers were fully kitted and you could start contributing to the team as soon as you join your first server.

Now? Basic shit like the ammo box and defibs needed to be grinded for. Vehicles have it the worst, where equipment necessary for basic survivability like Reactive Armor and ECM are at the ass end of the grind tree.

DICE's boner for unlocks is even bleeding into Mirror's Edge, it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>336329585

>what is gas concealment

Also it's almost like you had to mindlessly charge trenches and hope for the best in the first world war, if you didn't have pioneers digging mine blast tunnels under their lines.
>>
>>336329174
4 was good, after they unfucked it
>>
>>336329197
>dat completely plausible future tech without being over the top
>literal invisibility cloaks
c'mon m8
>>
What if they made a new battlefield based on futuristic soldiers time traveling to different wars/times in history where important things happened. One side is for it and the other against it. And you get the destructible environment from bf4?or at least an improved version? And in this game you get to choose weapons/technology from the future and past.
>>
>>336329759
I like unlocks
>>
>>336329628
>magnum ammo
>>
>>336328458
>Anyone that's been playing video games for more than 4 years doesn't give a shit about historical/modern copy-pasted garbage.

I've been playing games for well over 20 years now, and I'd still prefer modern combat based FPS games over any other setting.

And I'm hoping BF5 is modern combat again. Battlefield's best game was BF2, which was modern combat, and I spent more time playing Desert Combat than 1942 overall.
>>
File: lewis gun.png (603 KB, 1268x401) Image search: [Google]
lewis gun.png
603 KB, 1268x401
>>
>>336329887
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_camouflage
>>
>>336329814
Let's be honest, with DICE Sweden back in the Battlefield staddle, BF5 will come out retarded, and it'll be DICE LA's job to unretard it one year after launch.

Again.
>>
>>336330117
I like how Alan Kertz promised future games won't have magnum ammo or body armor back, then reintroduced body armor as a perk for BF4.
>>
Unlocks are the fucking worst.

I remember playing hours and hours of Call of Duty UO and Battlefield 1942, sure as hell wasn't playing it for the unlocks or the grind, no just to have fun, enjoy the chaos of war from the infantry scale to combined arms, the gameplay is whats supposed to keep ypu playing, not the unlock treadmill.

Its been 1 year since I got BF4, got Premium for cheap, opened up shitloads of gold and normal battlepacks, and have yet to recieve PLA Desert uniform camo in a battlepack, not to mention many scopes and attachments for my favorite to use guns.

This sort of shit makes me less likely to keep playing a game instead of more, because I think how much I will have to play to keep unlocking more shit and become annoyed at having to grind in a multiplayer FPS when I should just be having fun and enjoying the chaos around me and doing my best with all assets at my disposal.

Unlocks and battlepacks killed Battlefield.
>>
File: none of this matters.jpg (27 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
none of this matters.jpg
27 KB, 500x281
>>336329887
Technically that's plenty doable, just not in the weird ass way 2142 handled it.

Besides, 2142 was dogshit anyway despite all the nostalgia fags wanking off to it, and it wasn't because of the setting. The setting was actually pretty cool. It was shit because:

>Pocket rocket spam
>Shitty netcode even by BF4 standards
>Titan mode was complete dogshit because of the lag and collision glitching when boarding a Titan(Especially if it was in motion)
>Basically started the shitty unlock progression cancer in the form we know it as today that is force-fed down our throats in almost every single multiplayer game now.
>Poor support and was abandoned rather quickly
>Started this stupid as fuck trend in BF of saying 'fuck teamwork' by reducing the number of kits and starting the one man army bullshit, making the game boring and repetitive as fuck; Somehow making a 32-man team feel lonely as fuck because you never needed anyone for anything.
>Map design was complete and utter garbage
>>
>>336329939
That's way too ambitious for DICE to handle and EA to sell.
>>
>>336329939
> Oh yeah, I'm sure thar crossbow will do just fine against their puny, inch-thick body armor. I'm not afraid of their so-called "Gauss rifle" or "Rocket launchers", they won't get past my leather jacket!
> Sacrebleu, they have enormous flying machines! But it's no match for our glorious catapult!
Maybe I could convince a soldier to go in the past and tell your father to become a monk?
>>
>>336330374

I honestly don't mind the unlock system as a concept, although making it less grindy, especially for vehicles would be good.

I'd still want BF5 to have the metric fuck ton of guns that you have in BF4, let everyone have their raifus all customed out.
>>
>>336329939
How? It's not even possible. Literally BF1942 maps for BF4
>>
>>336330535
No one would care if it were just shit like camos

But unlocks for gameplay shit needs to fuck right the hell off because it's jewy cancer and a fucking scam to peddle DLC/Season passes while fluffing out a shallow game.
>>
File: skinner box.jpg (150 KB, 584x337) Image search: [Google]
skinner box.jpg
150 KB, 584x337
>>336330374
Unlocks are an inevitable part of the gaming landscape so long as they give morons feelings of accomplishment.
>>
>tfw no 1944 or 2144
At least go for something like Vietnam 2
>>
>>336321027
I wouldn't call BF4 modern warfare, its near future. And I love its theme the most, maybe even more than WWII because there is a lot of possibilities for maps, imagination is the limit.

Things can be high tech and slightly futuristic without being completely so like 2142. The WWIII theme means you can have maps in modern NYC, Warsaw, Berlin, Geneva, Kyiv, Chinese artifical islands, Shanghai, Sydney, Geneva, Zurich, Paris, London, San Francisco, etc with factions like Bundeswehr, Royal Army, JGSDF, French army, ANZACs, Polish army, Norwegian army, Finnish army, etc.

Not too many games let you do that, Battlefield 4 (and hopefully 5) theme is perfect for this, hopefully Battlefield 5 has more creative modern maps, no singleplayer campaign shit, and more factions to choose from besides US Army or Marines all the damn time.
>>
Why do historyfags constantly delude themselves over a [new game] being potentially set in WW1 or WW2?

Why are people even tired of sci-fi? Futuristic and fantasy settings are the best places to include the most variety and innovation in gameplay. Even alternate history games like Wolfenstein TNO do better with sci-fi elements than just being another contemporary military shooter. ARMA and VBS are for anal people and those two are more than enough.

BF2143 before any tired WW2 shooter again. WW1 just isn't good mainstream game material. I'd take Call of Moe: Magical Warfare over shooting one more goddamn Nazi.
>>
File: alice7.jpg (90 KB, 463x463) Image search: [Google]
alice7.jpg
90 KB, 463x463
The last BF4 map pack was literally a 2142 prequel with 2142 factions teased, prototype walkers/hover tanks and a rail gun and the one before that had reskinned Titan mode with aircraft carriers.

It's blatantly obvious what it's going to be.
>>
>>336331047
They could be just testing the waters.
>>
I hope for 2143 and a refinement of some of the sore points in 2142.

A return to a reasonable looking sci-fi setting like 2142 had allows for more creativity in vehicles, maps and soldier abilities/equipment. I hope they reintroduce fixed wing jet aircraft, redesign the Titans so that the have less bottlenecks filled with grenade spam and give us some awesome map variety with baller visuals/sound thanks to Frostbite.

Perhaps this can be the point BF actually goes into space with levels set on the Moon/other planets. 2142 was set in the middle of an Ice Age and resources crisis, so this gives a story excuse to have some levels set on some space mining stations (though space stations would be very infantry focused i.e Close Quarters, admittedly one of my favorite BF3 DLC) and moon bases, with physics behaving differently as gravity or atmosphere varies in certain areas. Throw in some Levolution and we can have some more fun with it. Fighting in a vacuum can be hand waved by the soldiers wearing enclosed exo-suits.

Also some more variety in the walker units. Actually have several types per faction, like an anti-armor, anti-infantry, anti-air and some funky experimental version that does something interesting to show off the Frostbite engine, like a walking weather manipulator that functions as an ECM/counter-Intel device while having point defense against air and infantry.
>>
>>336330885
>Never any maps set in Murica

A-Atleast there's hope Squad wont go full Afghanistan-wankfest.

Who am I kidding they can't even get large buildings to work on their engine, they'll never do any serious urban environment with enterable buildings.
>>
>new Battlefield fight set in Cyberpunk setting
>have to jump around between tall ass building Titanfall style
>no tank since everything can fly at this point
>muh exosuit is an in-door vehicle
Would you play it /v/?
>>
>>336330463
Well the idea is that just the soldiers are from the future and carry around future tech but if they want to use vehicles/helicopters/large equipment they have to be from that time they're in. And I dunno balance shit like crossbows or other shit so it seems plausible. Or at least give some bullshit reason why you can't time travel using future armor or that they use clothes from those time periods to blend into them.
>>
>>336331221
There's Highway Tampa and a second one I can't remember.
>>
>>336331226
Maybe if it's anything like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldr2s9T9Tg
>>
>>336331047
>>336331161
Nigga they had hover tanks in that dlc, I'm pretty sure it's going to be 2143
>>
>>336331306
I meant in any new games. I highly doubt we'll ever seen Murican maps in BF again. Which is a shame, the Armored Fury maps were actually my favorite. Especially the Alaska one at night time.
>>
>>336331335
War from BF4 basically ended with Russia forming the Pan-Asian Coalition.
>>
Eastern Front
>>
>>336330906

WW2 has been beat to death, its climax being Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

WW1 has almost never been touched.

>Why are people even tired of sci-fi

Because every single game before you were born was sci-fi. If it wasn't full blown aliens, it was at least space. Seriously, Sci-Fi was the "tired" genre before WW2 was, and it was like that for many years. At least 30.

>Futuristic and fantasy settings are the best places to include the most variety and innovation in gameplay

I'll name you a game that was futuristic, fantasy, and featured tons of variety and innovation in gameplay: Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa. Remember that? No, because it was an MMO that closed after Garriott got from back from space because nobody was playing it.
>>
>POST-APOCALYPSE BF
>>
>>336331221
>A-Atleast there's hope Squad wont go full Afghanistan-wankfest.
Where would you realistically see large scale firefights, else than the Zergistan?
>>
>>336331461
That's what 2142 was.
>>
File: 5k22YHM.png (65 KB, 732x840) Image search: [Google]
5k22YHM.png
65 KB, 732x840
>yfw dice tricks everyone and it's bad company 3

I'd cry
>>
I want more modern war stuff like BC and BC2
>>
>>336331479
Brussels in 2025.
>>
>>336330207
the only feasible active camo systems are in the non-visible spectrum
>>
Last DLC for battlefiend 4 had big ass hints that the next game will be a battlefield 2142 remake/prequel.
And with CoD being a sci-fi shooter nowadays i really doubt EA will risk doing something different.
>>
>>336331401
It won't be called 2143 but it'll pretty much be a prequel to it
>>
>>336331520
If it has same polish and innovation as the first in the series - I'll fucking pre-order it.
>>336331549
So, alternative history, huh?
>>
>>336331439
WW1 done in a realistic fashion is awful video game material.
>>
>>336331558

>guys check out this shirt made out of Radio waves that I bought

Admitting clinical retardation: the post
>>
>>336331479
Considering PR basically adopted the whole WW3 setting BF2 had, it could go that route. In fact it is basically that route, as there's US vs RU maps(In the middle east for some fucking reason.)

The real reason we'll never see any not-the-middle-of-fucking-nowhere maps is because the dev are a bunch of inexperienced modders that don't want the challenge of an urban environment outside of a small assembly of mud-huts. The current maps are boring as fuck.
>>
File: a7f2a0ac384b28ff9e8a12f70ae822a7.jpg (310 KB, 1600x2260) Image search: [Google]
a7f2a0ac384b28ff9e8a12f70ae822a7.jpg
310 KB, 1600x2260
>>336331520
So would I, but out of despair.
>>
>>336331221
Oh man fuck Squad and PR I can't handle all that milsim autism when all I want is Battlefield like gameplay.

But then I go play BF4 and its full of shit too like battlepacks, knife kills, useless mess of attachments and camo, infinite ammo tanks and helis instead of having them pull back to rearm at base, dorito spotting, badly designed maps especially for Rush, lock on spam, jet faggotry and heli rape because of infinite ammo.

If only Battlefield 4 had mod tools I'm sure we would've seen a mod that takes it one step closer to PR without going all the way and removing all the chaotic fun, and with lota of new factions and maps to play on.

Sadly never ever.

And yeah I want to see more Battlefield maps in the US, especially NYC, got so hyped when I heard it might be in BF4 and then nothing. Hell even the BF2 map with the modern highway and American small town was great. And I think highways could be put to good use to make for some really fucking large maps this time.

God I hope BF5 is still near-future WWIII themed, at least then theres some slight chance of us getting US maps, or EU factions.
>>
>>336331652
>what is infrared
>what is camouflage for things that aren't infantry
kill yourself, you fucking moron
>>
>>336331650

That's what lots of people said until Verdun came out. Suddenly it's possible to make a realistic world war 1 game that plenty of people enjoy.

Besides, don't move goalposts just to delude yourself. Sci-Fi games aren't fucking "realistic" by their very definition. The same creative license can be applied to past periods in time. You can't tell me you wouldn't be psyched to play a World War 1 alt-history where you run around in huge Tesla-style mechas laced in electricity and steam engines during gritty trench warfare pulling the spines out of hopeless conscripts. There's no reason why you can't apply creative license to historical periods for the purpose of video games. See: Wolfenstein.
>>
>>336331742
I know I'll get some shit on me for this, but maybe new Homefront will manage to pull something off.
>>
>>336331872
>Verdun
Literally what? Sure, "plenty of people" enjoy piles of shit.
>The same creative license can be applied to past periods in time.
Okay, well, if I can do some rocket-jumping in WW1, then sign me up
But if it's anything like other Battlefield games set in particular time periods (1942, Vietnam, etc.), it'll be more realistic.
>>
I want 2143 so I can play as EU.
>>
>>336332013
>I don't play it, that means it's not popular

Alright.

>1942
>realistic

I too remember that time in history that british soldiers stood on the wings of bomber aircraft during El Alamein and shot at germans below.
>>
>>336331742
It doesnt have to be major urban city maps, just having a small Scandinavian village, a modern train terminal, some outskirts of Netherlands in the polder fields, with EU factions fighting Russia/whoever would be what I would want.

I'm so sick of US Army/Marines fighting Russia/Sandniggers in bumfuckistan with the same looking brown cities and hilly outskirts.

Give us something new and fresh for a change like Europe and America, even if they're small towns or country maps its still better than Tajikistan.

I'm holding off on buying Squad until I see they have more ambition for factions and maps than what we already had plenty enough of with PR, Arma 2, and Battlefield 2, BC2, and 3.
>>
>>336330906
>ARMA and VBS are for anal people and those two are more than enough.

Bullshit man, especially since most people can't even get VBS proper. That's like saying "Street Fighter 2 and 3 is all you need for fighting games."

We've got more than enough sci fi games. COD AW and BO3, Halo, Doom in a few weeks, Titanfall, Battlefront, Planetside 2, Overwatch, there's sci fi shooters all over the place if you want it.

Battlefield delivers the modern day combined arms that isn't done very often.

Key word, combined arms, not just shooting, but also including vehicles and air support for a much greater game, and the combined arms thing just isn't done very often, so yeah, we could use more of it.
>>
>>336332173
It's not that I haven't played it, I literally have not even heard of it. Looked up though.
playing now
today's peak
all-time peak

sounds like an extremely popular game, easily on par with Battlefield
>>
File: disappointment.png (428 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.png
428 KB, 600x450
>>336331910
I've watched the gameplay videos. It's garbage.

>More one man army bullshit in a game that's supposed to be about guerilla warfare
>Player is overpowered as fuck engine of destruction levelling the entire Korean military and 1v50'ing patrols.
>mechanized patrols completely knackered just by an RC car with some C4 strapped to it
>Enemy troops are just blind stormtroopers with shit AI that have no remote hope of defending themselves
>You're extremely well supplied and basically have no weaknesses despite being up against a 'superior' force.
>>
>>336332268
BF3/BF4 basically has everything you listed there as maps already.
>>
File: 1416187305096.png (4 MB, 1507x1547) Image search: [Google]
1416187305096.png
4 MB, 1507x1547
I fucking swear, if it's 2143, I'll preorder it day-one, even if preordering is against my values.
I may or may not suffer from the nostalgia syndrome though
>>
>>336332563
>Mecha only servers
I want this
>>
>>336332525
It really doesn't as there are few maps set in Western Europe in BF4 and neither games have EU military factions. And there are no maps set in the United States.

Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>336332428
There goes another neat concept, then.
Maybe never they will make a game about someone who has 23 rounds in his magazine and needs to take someone out, get their gear and carry on resisting.
>>
>>336332268
my biggest problem with open, flat maps is there's just no tactical diversity to them. It's a boring pixel-sniping scope-fest that takes no teamwork and just boils down to who-sees-who-first. There's very little in the way of flanking, assaulting, etc.

With urban environments, you get verticallity, room clearing, covering each other while moving, a lot more weapons are viable and fun to use like grenade launchers, flamethrowers, etc., and it gives you generally more varied gameplay than just sitting in a vehicle or behind a scope staring at a horizon and zapping someone that can't really retaliate. Long range combat is fucking dull, especially when it usually involves a 10-minute walking simulator prior to shooting/getting shot.
>>
File: KrylovFA-37.jpg (85 KB, 1024x429) Image search: [Google]
KrylovFA-37.jpg
85 KB, 1024x429
>>336318453
>cleans rifle

My Body is Ready
>>
File: 866275.jpg (706 KB, 1000x799) Image search: [Google]
866275.jpg
706 KB, 1000x799
>>336332752
>mfw you can switch to shotgun mode
>>
>>336332690
Far Cry 2 was the closest I think we've ever gotten, and maybe the insurgency campaigns in older ArmA games.

They just cannot resist the fucking urge to casual up a game just because it's an FPS. I want a challenge, punishing FPS that makes it actually feel like you're against a superior force.

Fucking Far Cry 4. What a fucking waste of potential that dogshit was.
>>
>>336332729

I'm not that guy, but open/flat maps don't necessarily have to characterize a Europe/America map. Both regions of the word have plenty of diversity in that regard. Doesn't have to be in Kansas. I for one think an Arctic focus might be cool, or even more Jungle. I'm a sucker for playing Farcry 3 and pretending I'm in the opening scenes of Predator.
>>
>>336332729
Agreed, I hate that most PR and all the Squad maps are like you described. Thats what I like about BF4 especially, all the urban city maps, good mix of long, mid and close range battles, even Caspian Border in BF4 has a whole new underground tunnels section for close range battles.

But these kinds of maps can be really retarded too if they are like Metro or Locker.

Still for the WWIII theme of fighting in civilized modern urban cities and locations that aren't afghaniturkistan, BF4 is great

Just wish it was slightly more realistic, limited sprint, more focus on classes, limited vehicle ammo etc.
>>
>>336332752
>Of all the weapons in the vast PAC arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Krylov model of 37. More commonly known as the FA-37, or Krylov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and ultra light metal parts. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The PAC put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Krylov has become the Coalition people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their APCs.
>>
File: battlefield-2143-leaked-01jpg.jpg (80 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
battlefield-2143-leaked-01jpg.jpg
80 KB, 1600x1200
Pic was fake but I hope it will happen in the end.
>>
>>336332940

>FarCry 4: Eagle Attack Simulator

I agree it fell short. Unfortunately it seems like game developers have learned that putting in only the lowest common denominators for games is what makes them sell. A casual, unremarkable, unchallenging blow-ass-fest seems to do far better than something more complex. Look at Elder Scrolls. Every iteration it gets less and less complex and sells way better. I bet TES 6 is going to be in Valenwood and you're forced to play a human who can choose between swords and bows only, and it'll sell like fucking hotcakes.

I've noticed the difficulty has gone down too. I've been out of the country with an older laptop, so I bought some older games like GOG and my God were older games way WAY fucking harder. Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Caesar III are fucking crazy hard now despite being my bread and butter back in the day.
>>
I want futuristic Ka-52 and AH-64
>>
Maybe they'll add climate changes like we had in BF4, a snow blizzard coming up ect.
>>
File: 1zefloy.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1zefloy.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>>336318453
I JUST WANT BAD COMPANY 3
>>
>>336332173
>I too remember that time in history that british soldiers stood on the wings of bomber aircraft during El Alamein and shot at germans below.

>Mfw
Top fucking kek.
>>
>>336332752

Who in the fuck thinks these guns look good?

It looks like a nerf gun you dipped in olive drab paint.
>>
>>336333378
fuck off, consolebabby
>>
>>336332940
>>336333245
I still have hope for few FPS. While I am sure not all of them will be good or even get released, I am waiting for:

Ground Branch
Escape from Tarkov
Insurgency: Sandstorm

>>336333378
If it is anything like the first one.

Shitposting post of the day goes to... >>336333517 Congratulations!
>>
>>336320369
>see the Infinite Warfare trailer
>far more dislikes than likes
kek

IW should just stop making games.
>>
I just want BF5 to be a general upgrade to BF4.

What BF4 was to BF3, I'd want BF5 to be to BF4. If DICE provides that, I'd preorder with season pass ASAP and start upgrading my PC as soon as the specs come out.
>>
>>336333606
>wanting a sequel to the console-fied Battlefield spinoffs
>not a consolebabby
>>
Post yfw they release 2143 on 2142 10th birthday, October 17th
>>
>>336333657
So? What's your problem? Too poor to afford a console with BC1 at the time?

It was a god tier game.
>>
>>336333657
Dude, if you never played the game just say so. No need to get all buttblasted about it.
And the game was good. SP at least. Never tried the MP because of controls.
>>
>>336333620
>I just want BF5 to be a general upgrade to BF4.
>What BF4 was to BF3

So you want a fucking rehash with minimal improvement and buggy launch issue?
>>
File: 1276741018143.gif (6 KB, 446x361) Image search: [Google]
1276741018143.gif
6 KB, 446x361
>>336333713
>too poor to spend $200 on a shitty console to play a shitty game
Yes, of course.
>>
>>336318453
I'm like 90% sure it'll be WW2. They're gonna want to use the jungle tech they tried in Battlefront. In fact Battlefront did pretty much all diffferent kinds of environments, just like WW2 could.

Also notice, how the pic for 1942 on the BF timeline is much more like the modern BF artstyle. It's not the old cover, like other BFs have.
>>
>>336333606
Escape from Tarkov is the only FPS I have any remote hope for in 2016 so far.
>>
>>336333778
Well shit. I guess you're very unlucky there mate.

>>336333854
>a russian F2P P2W fps
>good
>>
>>336333903
>man who unironically enjoys one of the shittiest BF games calling anyone else out on their taste
>>
>>336333854
>>336333606
looks alright, but also basically identical to battlefield.

What do you guys really like about it? I only watched one video.
>>
>>336333832
>They're gonna want to use the jungle tech they tried in Battlefront

Man, if their next game is as pretty as battlefront but with actual gameplay, I'll preorder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA
>>
I'm calling it. Treyarchs next game will be set in WWII with futuristic weapons.

They teased it in blops3 and it just felt like they wanted to make a game of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault-5.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-5.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
If they make a 2143, they better fucking stick to the 2142 aesthetic.

Shit was clean as fuck and still looks great.
>>
>>336333983
>looks alright, but also basically identical to battlefield.
You haven't seen too much videos of it, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJfcaCmMy7c
>>
>>336334070
well, if they have a chance to reuse assets/art, you know they'll want to
>>
>>336333903
>P2W in a down to earth Stalker-esque game
Won't happen can't happen. Shoot boolet in head and even Tough Ivan will go down.

I really want to know what kind of secret is supposed to be hidden in the city. They say there will be no paranormal aspects to the game but what else could cause an entire city to get cordoned off? No one creates a medical quarantine without announcing exactly why.

The only downside I can see with Tarkov is that the player can't play as a cheeky breeki.
>>
>>336328681
Except battlefield is excellent and the vehicles are by far the worst part and ruin matches.
>>
>>336333757
>So you want a fucking rehash with minimal improvement and buggy launch issue?

If they just do pretty mcuh BF4 with updated graphics, more weapons, vehicles and new maps, and with all the netcode issues fixed that they learned from BF4, I'd be pretty fucking happy, yeah.

I want another modern warfare Battlefield, I don't want WW1, WW2, or future sci fi nerf gun shit.
>>
But.....what about Levelution? What do you think they will go for this time?

>You know they will include that shit.
>>
>>336334172
I thought the same thing, so I preordered Hardline with the Jew Pass for all the DLC.
Turns out, the game kinda sucks dick without decent vehicles to play around with.
>>
>>336334106
Cool video, thanks anon.
>>
>>336334248
>>336333353

For destruction, who knows.
>>
Better than the faggy near-future jetpack bullshit streak CoD is on at the moment
>>
>>336333903
>F2P
You might want to learn what the actual game is before talking about it.
>>
>>336318453
DELETE
>>
>>336334248
I'm sure all the lelvolution stuff will just be trailer fodder.
>>
Nope, it's going to have multiple time periods, maybe 3 maps each

>WW1
>WW2
>Vietnam
>Modern
>Future
>>
>>336334272
You can try and see related videos too. There was one more dev diary and a livestream. Some tubers have some weird info on the RPG systems, but it is yet to be somewhere confirmed.
>>
>>336334172
>Except battlefield is excellent and the vehicles are by far the worst part and ruin matches.

Fuck you. Go play COD or something without vehicles. Battlefield is better with the vehicles, it's one of the few combined arms games around, and should stay that way you fucking faggot.
>>
It will be WW1.
>>
>>336334172
Then play CoD. Combined arms is fun as shit.
>>
I would like WWII with a lot of factions spread across all theaters of the war.
>>
>>336334172
>>336334256
It wouldn't be Battlefield without vehicles.
>>
>>336334313
Found the Oxide-fag.
>>
>>336332685
You didn't say anything about the US. It does however have maps in europe and china with everything you listed including not one but two train station maps.
>>
>BF4 feature Mech factory, railgun, hover tank and everything in its Final Stand DLC
>Somehow some people think it won't be 2143
>>
File: 1457805648800.png (418 KB, 404x479) Image search: [Google]
1457805648800.png
418 KB, 404x479
>>336318453
>BF was supposed to have 100+ players since BF2

>over ten years later and there still isn't 100+ players
>>
>>336333984
Of course it will be. That's the whole point. Battlefront was nothing but a tech demo. Endor could literally be Okinawa or some shit.
>>
>>336335053
Consoles can't handle 64 players.
What did you expect.
>>
File: ChhNF4TWwAAKygT.jpg (68 KB, 1018x573) Image search: [Google]
ChhNF4TWwAAKygT.jpg
68 KB, 1018x573
c:
>>
>>336334128
Are you serious, anon? Did you at least see the gameplays of this game? It's guys with worn AKs without the dust cover and with Saiga 10rd mags against guys who have a clean AK with a 45rd mag and american optics. There's a lot of room for P2W shit.
>>
>>336335053
It's sound fun only on paper. Same as full power BC2 tier destruction.
>>
>>336334172
I don't think this is true, but I really did enjoy the CQ maps in BF3.

>>336334248
If they go for WW2 setting then there's more than plenty of things that could be up for levolution. An entire Berlin or Stalingrad map for example. Holy fuck bringing down the brandenburg gate or the nazi eagle with Katyushas would be the shit.
>>
>>336335276
It would be with proper map design, which Dice seems to be incapable of.
>>
>>336334389
>Battlefield: Black Ops
That... wouldn't be bad actually.
>>
>>336335256
>March 2017
Nigga the release is planned for October 2016.
>>
>>336334602
da fuck's an oxide?
>>
>>336335053
It does though. There's been multiple servers that ran 128 players (or even more I think) for BF2, FH2, PR
>>
>>336320515
darkest days was pretty good
>>
>>336335494
Airsofter teenager e-celeb.

Think a slavboo pewdiepie that's half war thunder, half go-pro airsoft shit.
>>
File: 1461931883892.gif (292 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1461931883892.gif
292 KB, 500x335
>>336318453
We can hope for a WW2 setting, which will severely limit the cancer from the modern games.
>>
File: 1445474868934.gif (31 KB, 258x375) Image search: [Google]
1445474868934.gif
31 KB, 258x375
>>336330339
I like how DICE said that they would never charge for maps.
>>
>>336335395
Yeah, but sadly like all the levolutions, it would get old really fast. Remember when everyone thought the Seige building collapsing was cool? Then a few months later, everyone hates it going down.
>>
File: chortling slavs.jpg (46 KB, 604x377) Image search: [Google]
chortling slavs.jpg
46 KB, 604x377
>>336335664
>WW2
>Limiting cancer.
>>
>>336335265
It's also being sold on a B2P model, so this line of argument is pointless. That's the old school base game + expansions - subscription system, by the way.
>>
>>336335664

WW2 games WERE the cancer 10 years ago. We may see a resurgence, but the average gamer has already killed more Germans than the whole of the Red Army. Shit got boring being rehashed 100 different times, which brings us to modern/slightly-after-modern cancer we have now.
>>
>>336335772
Yeah because it takes away part of the level that's the most fun thing. If Levolution is done right, like it is on the other maps, it will actually not take away part of the map, but it will alter it in a non-annoying way. It's possible desu.
>>
>>336330339
Demize99 is a huge faggot who should be executed for crimes against video games.
>>
>>336335805
We're in 2016 anon. Even B2P games are using the P2W model. Especially when it comes to russian games and even more so in case of shooter mmos.
>>
>>336335929
WW2 will never get boring you dumb boring pleb.

Also It would be smart of DICE, since nostalgia is a hell of a buyers drug, and everyone knows that the golden age of vidya was back in early 2000, where the surge of WW2 games came up.
>>
File: 1462191511969.gif (2 MB, 175x185) Image search: [Google]
1462191511969.gif
2 MB, 175x185
>>336335664
>ww2
>no shitty perks
>just pure fun

Sign me up
>>
I'd prefer futuristic for a number of reasons, but I wouldn't hate WW2 if it was done properly.

I would really love to see a modern Battle of the Bulge map.
>>
>>336336050
It's not even the nostalgia. We're all fed up with the sci-fi and modern, so the only way is to go back. And since there haven't been any decent WW2 games in a while, and we're now far advanced in the tech and graphics, it's obvious that that's the era they should go for.

Yes, I know about RO2 and RS, but those are old niche games that don't even do vehicles.
>>
>>336336170
>I would really love to see a modern Battle of the Bulge map.
Your mum saw a battle on my bulge last night m8o.
>>
>>336336005
>Especially when it comes to russian games and even more so in case of shooter mmos
Actually Tarkov seems pretty safe. No any ties with cancer russian mmo companies.
>>
>>336336050
>WW2 will never get boring you dumb boring pleb.

It already did, about a decade ago. The market was completely saturated and there has been a huge dropoff of AAA WWII titles since then. Same thing just happened with "modern" shooters; everyone has been switching to "modern+30-50 years."
>>
>>336319857
t. someone who knows jack shit about how WWI was fought other than watching Blackadder
>>
>>336336183
>We're all fed up with the sci-fi
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>336336050
>Also It would be smart of DICE, since nostalgia is a hell of a buyers drug

Well guess what, 2142 is 10 years old, a good time for some nostalgia.
>>
>>336336309
I bet you clapped your fat little hands when you were about to play gears of war on your newly bought 360.
>>
>>336336360
2142 was one of their worst battlefields though.
>>
File: fuck you.png (29 KB, 945x287) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
29 KB, 945x287
>>336336351
You sure about that?
>>
>>336336412

>hurr durr

Nevermind, you're right. WWII games never dropped in popularity and there are just as many today as there were in 2006.
>>
>>336335451
1942 Secret Weapons and BF2 Special Forces were fuckin rad
>>
>>336336507
Infinite warfare is the only CoD that looks appealing since fucking CoD 4.

Shit eaters wants their yearly shit dose, so when something remotely good show up they hate it.

You can be sure this will sell a lot.
>>
>>336330885
Did you call the British Army the Royal Army?
>>
>>336336708
Nobody wants sci-fi anymore. It's a fact. The market got saturated with it more than WW2 back in the day.
>>
>>336318453
Honestly its not even the setting thats killing yhese games. Its the push to present all these grand spectacles that mean nothing, youre aware they mean nothing, and are ultimately just something completely out of control. I honestly think CoD4 was the last modern shooter to pull it off right because of how grounded it all was. The mission where youre protecting the disabled tank didnt need toppling buildings and large scale destruction to feel visceral. Even when they nuked a city it still managed to deliver some intense pacing. And even though there wasnt much deviation gameplay wise, the missions were able to push you along without you feeling like youre just going through the motions.

These games just start off ramping it up to 10 either through mass destruction or showing off all the cool shit they mocapped that you cant do outside of button prompts, and spend the rest of the game trying to 1 up everything before that it just feels so boring.

Keeping the player engaged through gameplay has become a lost art to AAA studios.
>>
>>336331650
Any war done in a realistic fashion is terrible videogame material. War is fucking boring, anyone who's been to Afghan or Iraq will tell you
>>
>>336336708
but the only good call of duty is CoD1 since it's the only one without regen health
>>
>>336336708
CoD hate is mainstream.
>>
>>336336507
COD kids are known for not liking complex movement systems and preferring "realistic" camping simulators. They have been whining about futuristic CODs since the first one to break the mold.

Are you sure you want to be associated that group?
>>
File: bf2142-titan-1.jpg (47 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
bf2142-titan-1.jpg
47 KB, 700x525
I just want a good massive scaled game.

Planetside 2 would be good if Indar and Esamir weren't the only good maps and if it didnt feel so barebones in content. I had lots of fun on PS1.

I just want more like that with lots of content and variety.
>>
>>336321063
pretty much this, when cod did world at war they barely got away with it and that was like 8 years back

its either gonna be current time with some more modern shit or even more in the future maybe with mechs and shit because loads of people wanted those back
>>
File: angry_asian_1312764953.jpg (22 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
angry_asian_1312764953.jpg
22 KB, 400x398
>>336336507
>subskrybu
>>
So quick question i haven't played bf4 or hardline but they are both on sale right now. Which one do you guys recommend?
>>
Why can't we get a "Cold War escalating" setting? there's like only two I remember and that was Operation Flashpoint and World in Conflict.

That setting was amazing and a load of fun, it was neither to far advanced and neither to far back in time.
>>
>>336337274
Platform?
>>
>>336329939
I pretty sure I saw a post just like a year ago but the concept was the Bad Company gang was like time traveling and shit and they like showed up in 2143.
>>
>>336320050
Sci fi was the first one played out.
All that's left is growing up.
>>
>>336337376
Xbox one pls no bully
>>
>>336337274
Battlefield 4, of course. Hardline is a shitstain on the underwear of gaming.
>>
>>336337318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-oUOlNySY0
>>
>>336337467
Battlefield 4 by a longshot, its more populated.
>>
>>336337468
Is it really that bad? The gameplay i saw looked pretty good. Or is bf4 just way better
>>
Whatever it is for DICEs sake it better be good or all those DICE employees calling out Infinite Warfare for being shit are going to have egg on their face.
>>
>>336337559
The gameplay isnt necessarily bad, but bf4 is just better game. Plus theres some free DLC maps in there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.