[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new Battlefront became a more like Call of Duty >new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 26774054495_db8d2fded5_b.jpg (270 KB, 829x1024) Image search: [Google]
26774054495_db8d2fded5_b.jpg
270 KB, 829x1024
>new Battlefront became a more like Call of Duty
>new Call of Duty became a more like Battlefront

the fuck
>>
>caring about either abortion
>>
What's the deal with the whole pseudo-halo direction the series has gone in?
>>
>can only get CoD4 remaster by buying the special edition
Thanks Activision way to kill any interest I had in Shitfinite Warfare
>>
>>336318893
People wanted the series to move from modern shit and that's exactly what you get.
Please don't even mention WW2 shit.
>>
Homogenization of features. soon all the top titles in a genre will look and play exactly the same.
>>
File: 1454771929452.gif (137 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1454771929452.gif
137 KB, 320x200
>>336319296
Everything is feeling like its fucking the same.

I am actually excited about the new DOOM, I don't care if it isn't true to Doom or not. It feels like its going to be different.
>>
I just want the Call of Duty 4 remaster desu famiry
>>
>>336319235
Even though the actual modern shut and pre modern shit were he best (I.e. was, mw2, bo1.) I'm tired of seeing shit that isn't even feasably foreseeable. Mw3 and beyond, in the timeline, threw me off.
>>
>>336319296
that was always the case with every genre
>>
>>336322316
This is blatantly false.
>>
>>336318893
>WW2 era lasted four games, plus World at War.
>Modern era lasted four games.
>Near-future era lasted two games.
>Future era is on its third game.

What's the problem? Instead of complaining, you should get ready for Advanced Warfare 2 to be the last game of the future era, followed by Treyarch starting the Dinosaur Era.
>>
>>336319047
it's not even a big deal. it was only half the game anyway. cod4 had 20 maps, the remaster only has 10. literally $80 to play half of a decade old game
>>
>>336318228
>new Battlefront became a more like Call of Duty

But that's wrong you fucking shill.
>>
>>336323179
I'm sure they'll release the other maps in four different installments of 15 dollars each.
>>
You guys are just dumb. Battlefront wasn't great but it plays nothing like Cod.

And why are you so triggered by future cod? Cod's scifi is barely even scifi, it's only supposed to be like 20 years in the future. They're still flying F-35s and stuff for fucks sake. There's no crazy laser guns or future tech or anything. Cod's take on future is the tamest, most generic scifi in the world and yet you memers are like "whoa dude! where's like the muslim terrorists and sheeit? what is that, a robot? sheeit man this be like star wars or something man it's too trippy for me dawg".

HOW MANY MODERN WARFARE SHOOTERS CAN YOU FREAKS STAND?

Reposting a comment from a different thread that sums this up:

'
>mfw dudebros like you get 10 unending years of modern warfare cods and battlefields
>mfw the MOMENT that cod and battlefield become slightly futuristic, you get triggered and demand more modern warfare games again

you guys are addicted to that setting. every cod (Except Waw) from cod4 to cod:ghosts was muh m16 muh acog scope and so was battlefield 2 -bad company - bad company 2- battlefield 3- battlefield 4.

how many fucking modern warfare games can you guys play, lmao. sci fi is fun. and 2143 isn't going to be science fantasy like star wars or halo.
"
>>
>>336323245
>>336323179
If nothing else, giving you both IW and CoD4 maps in the season pass would be a nice gesture.

I can't believe that's how far the bar has fallen.
>>
>>336323179
>literally $80 to play half of a decade old game
*literally $80 to play a not ded version of a half of a decade old game
ftfy
>>
>>336323453
it's not a nice gesture because those are cod4 maps so they should come with the cod4 remaster.
>>
>>336323016
>>WW2 era lasted four games

Call of Duty
United Offensive
Finest Hour
Big Red One
Roads to Victory
World at War

I don't know dude, I think that's more than four
>>
>>336323793
I counted CoD, CoD2, CoD3 and WaW. I kinda assumed UO and the rest were just expansion packs, were they full games?
>>
>>336323896
RtV is a shitty psp game, but the others are fair game
>>
>Announces cod4 remastered
>forces you to buy shit warfare

way to go you moneygrabbing cunts
>>
>>336323990
Okay, seven games.

Point stands, the series has three distinct eras and one kinda inbetween one. The future era will probably last two more games (IW and AW2), then Treyarch will do something else. I don't see them making BO4.
>>
>>336323793
for perspective:

WWII
>Call of Duty
>Call of Duty: United Offensive
>Call of Duty: Finest Hour
>Call of Duty 2
>Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
>Call of Duty 3
>Call of Duty: Road to Victory
>Call of Duty: World at War

Vietnam/Cold War
>Call of Duty: Black Ops

Modern setting:
>Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
>Call of Duty: Ghosts

Future setting:
>Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
>Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
>Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
>Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Miscellaneous:
>Call of Duty Online
>Call of Duty Heroes
>>
>>336324567
Technically you could put BO2 in Vietnam/Cold War and Future positions because of flashback missions. Wasn't there also that one other Black Ops game? Like a handheld one or some shit? I think it was Declassified.
>>
cod4 have online?
>>
Why is the setting fatigue for future warfare games so much more prevalent than it was for historical warfare games? I started with Medal of Honor on the PS1 and WW2 games were practically the ONLY setting for about the next 10 years as far as shooters were concerned. Than CoD4 comes out for PS3/X360/PC and the modern setting stuck around for about 5 years.

Then Black Ops 2 comes out in 2012, ushering in DA FUTURE, and after a measly 4 years, people are already sick of future games.

What gives? Why does everyone want WW2 back?
>>
>>336324934
>Why does everyone want WW2 back?
It's mostly just edgy /pol/tards and stormweenies that want it back because le epic nazis and jew killing because they need some way to feel like they aren't the most pathetic humans in the world
>>
>>336324567
Black Ops and Ghosts are kinda in a weird in between era in my opinion. They have ostensibly futuristic settings and BO2 gets some mileage out of it in its campaign with a buncha future gadgets, but their weapons and streaks, especially in multiplayer, aren't really particularly futuristic.
>>
Garbage game will buy second hand or torrent for the MW shit so sick of future shit battlefield starting to look good
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.