[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Legacy servers is pretty much coming in just a matter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: nostalrius.jpg (132 KB, 970x342) Image search: [Google]
nostalrius.jpg
132 KB, 970x342
Now that Legacy servers is pretty much coming in just a matter of time. What do you want to see and ideas that would benefit the game?

>Just rename it to World of Warcraft 2 and go with a HEAVY vanilla/TBC/WOTLK Theme. You get the old WoW this way but get to remove the things retail did wrong and add the things retail did right. Also it don't have to strictly follow the lore of WoW and you will get to add new bosses that wasen't present at the time to keep content pumped into a original game without severly altering it.

>Keep it community based, that means no LFR/LFD, Arena, Flying mounts and PVP gear.

>Drop 40 man raids down to 25-30. Managing 40 people is hell, 1 healer DC or leave you got to find another, praying that idiots don't troll and pull mobs was annoying.

>Remove arena gear and keep the game based around world PVP

>Remove flying mounts. This will a update that i enjoyed i remember spending days farming the gold just to get flying but the reality is, it hurt the immersive aspect of World PVP.

>Make epics gear actually epic and not a common drop
>>
>Now that Legacy servers is pretty much coming in just a matter of time.
Dream on. They will never come, all you'll get are Pristine Realms, and that's it.
>>
>>336316754

what are pristine realms?
>>
>>336317390
Realms without xp acceleration items. Probably more but I don't care to pull up the blue post again.
>>
>>336318464
even without XP items or a guild, the quest XP is fucked up, you outlevel the zones and it's all super easy

so if they do pristine servers they should rebalance all the quest/mob XP so that you level at the proper rate

but then again the quests are fucked up and linear now so they should really just copy/paste the vanilla zones back and admit cata was a mistake
>>
>>336316117
>>Drop 40 man raids down to 25-30

You need to fuck off.
>>
What is with these fucking people who don't understand that WE (WE being the Nostalrius and vanilla fans) do NOT want a modified vanilla experience.

It's called vanilla for a fucking reason.
>>
>>336318464
>>336320265

Pristine realms sound pretty fucking lame senpai
>>
>>336316117
For Vanilla:

-AOE loot
-Disabled Addons for everyone, maybe implement a built in damage meter in the Default UI
-Maybe give a possibility of using updated graphics
-Fix quest bugs and such
-Use current retail UI so that you can move target frames around
-MAYBE implement dynamic spawn rate for mobs in the starting zones (level 1-5) since it's full cancer on launch and every mob is camped by 10 people at all times

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
>>
>>336316117
Doing anything with Legacy servers besides a straight 1:1 of Vanilla, flaws included, would be retarded.
>>
>>336320265
No, in the blue post they say they'd also remove the level squish, so you wouldn't outlevel zones anymore.
>>
>>336316117
It should be just vanilla. There should be bug fixing, obviously, but thats it.

If they are feeling generous having another version of vanilla that is progressive and goes to TBC and onward would also be good. They should allow people to opt in or out of moving their character to the new expansions as they come about.
>>
You're not going to get them.

Ever.
>>
>>336316117
If you give Blizzard room to make changes, they will turn vanilla back into modern WoW

You either get 100% vanilla, or modern WoW. There is no in-between.
>>
>>336321515
i'd be fine with something new, bc or wotlk classes, backported monk/dk/dh, everything ilvl crunched down to level 60 power
>>
>>336321681
Blizzard would ruin it
>>
>>336321681
the skillset of the new classes is too powerful in vanilla where stuff like death grip would be god tier utility
>>
Vanilla servers aren't coming. The announcement by the Nost devs was that they wouldn't be releasing the source code and everyone could go get bent.
>>
>>336321819
they'd need to alter/remove a lot of spells from the newer classes
>>
>>336316117
OP

You misunderstand why Vanilla/TBC/(and debatably early WOTLK)

Gettings things was hard. Doing things was hard. There were processes that weren't always fun, but were necessary, much like real life. If I wanted a blacksmithing weapon, I had to go through an atrocious process to level up blacksmithing to get it, and I needed to raid, and I was rewarded for it greatly.

And a good deal of quests had ridiculous things attached to them. Traveling all over the world, bringing in outside elements like items you could buy off the AH or had to get from somewhere completely unrelated.

The thing that makes games fun is hard things that eventually have minor/decent payoff. There need to be things that emulate reality in a sense that not everything is right there for you.

I'm trying to remember, but I think there was a quest that stood out to me in Hinterlands that needed me to kill wildkin. At the time I couldn't find wildkin there because the spawn rate was so bad, so I went to Feralas to farm them because it also dropped from the wildkin there
>>
>>336321681
monk/dk/dh don't fit. Their abilties and playstyle are for a different game. You can't just say "crunch down their power", you're talking about going back to square 1 and then building it into a WoW2.
>>
>>336320582
>>336321201
>>336321365
Your opinions are retarded vanilla wow is and was shit and you certainly do not speak for all the of "vanilla wow and nostalrius fans"

if they dont release achievements on release along with quest patches and adding some tempoary system for shared non party mob tagging the release is going to be shit

Blizzard needs to do poll booth in all the major cities/inns like old school runescape did for community driven content otherwise the game is just going to become stagnant and the hardcore players are going to wipe their ass with naxx and summon rag on week 3 exaggerated and have nothing to play

Also about addons. Fuck you.
Blizzard needs to just scale up the games difficulty around the existance of addons or just put build in ones into the game like dbm/recount and add more randomness to mechanics to make fights more chaotic.
>>
>>336321978
I knew that shit would happen.
And it's not because "They want to be in good standing with Blizzard on the discussion."
It's because "If you release it, we'll sue you" from Blizzard.

Their statement that "If we release parts, people will sue us to release it all!" is a hint that Blizzard is going to sue them. You can't sue someone to release source code to something that's illegal, nor is there any stipulation to release anything beyond what they want.

Blizzard told them to go fuck themselves.

I'm willing to bet that they ALSO threatened them with legal action if they mentioned that Blizzard told them to go fuck themselves, under the claim that revenue lost because of it is their fault for doing something illegal. Which is quite honestly completely reasonable of them to fear and do.
>>
I'd be interested in supporting legacy servers if retards like kern and kungen weren't the voice of the community
>>
>>336322793

>achievements

no one fucking cares about your virtual acheevables anon.
>>
>>336322667
just change all active mitigation to +threat and nerf aoe abilities into the ground
>>
>>336323093
shitting on virtual achievements yet playing for virtual achievements? are you retarded?
>>
>>336323030
>I'm willing to bet that they ALSO threatened them with legal action if they mentioned that Blizzard told them to go fuck themselves

I suspect Blizzard forced them to sign an NDA, yeah.
>>
File: 1358826354148.jpg (17 KB, 300x181) Image search: [Google]
1358826354148.jpg
17 KB, 300x181
>>336323172

Way to completely misunderstand my point you fucking moron.

The little badges you get when you do something in modern games? Yeah. No one gives a shit. You can do the thing without getting a virtual pat on the back for it, anon.

But no seriously congratulations on being the stupidest fuck in the thread.
>>
>>336321363
they didn't say that, why make shit up?
Pristine servers are still just being talked about and ideas being tossed around, but they definitely did not offer that possibility yet.

Even with reduced xp, increased monster dmg, blah blah, all the modifications you want to make, it's still just WoD minus some quality of life stuff. The server community may be stronger (maybe even makes up for everything else? who knows) but it's nowhere near what vanilla was. It's more a watered down ironman than anything else. WoD kind of harder mode.
The good part is any response at all and talking with the nostdev faggots. The pristine server part was poop and you're poop.
>>
I picture it will be sort of like Old School Runescape. I have a feeling vanilla servers don't exist for WoW yet purely because of potential lost profits on expansions. Capitalism is the greatest
>>
>>336323416
>purely because of potential lost profits on expansions

Why the fuck would anyone with half a brain buy Legion and pay for WoD if you could just play vanilla or TBC instead? Blizz would be stupid to set up legacy realms. WoW is already dying as it is and opening up a better version of the very same game would completly kill it.
>>
>>336321117
>Disabled Addons for everyone
Stop.
>>
>>336323528

>opening up a better version of the very same game would completely kill it

It's their own fault for making the game into a shit pile, no?
>>
>>336323610
Sure it is, would still be a pretty bad idea from a business perspective.
>>
>>336323416
It won't happen before Legion, and will likely be announced as "soon" and be bundled with legion purchase and sub. Odds are they'd come out a 6 months or so after Legion, if not slightly sooner.
A reason for hope to be alive outside of them talking to the private server guys is that legion hype is abysmal compared to warlords, and while there will still be a big sub jump, it won't be nearly what warlords got them and the dropoff will be steeper as well. legacy servers only make sense when subs reach a certain point and it's nearing that point now.
Precedent is there and i'd expect a progression style server.
>>
>>336316117
>>Make epics gear actually epic and not a common drop

why do people complain about this? epics used to be the cool rare powerful gear, now its mythic warforged socketed gear. do people really get this uppity about an icons border color?

im colorblind and can barely tell the difference between the shade of green wow equipment has and epics anyway. i never got the point of why people complained so much. do you all really like the color purple or what
>>
>>336323705
legion hype is abysmal compared to the nostalrius shitstorm
>>
>>336323758

Epic loot isn't epic if literally every player has it, is the point I think that was being made. Could be wrong, though.
>>
>>336323705
>that legion hype is abysmal compared to warlords
Noticed this as well. Five of my friends came back for WoD. Of course they dropped their sub again in an instant because the current game is a steaming pile of shit. None of them even cares about Legion, two of them play vanilla on Kronos and the others are pretty much done with WoW.
>>
>>336323261
>what is world first
achivements arent just a pat on the back it adds a competitive atmosphere to the game and more things to work towards adding achievements literally adds more content and makes more obsolete content a bit less obsolete

also shame on you for being insecure about having a validation seeking mindset
>>
>>336323924
>achivements are content

And yet some people wonder why wow became the bag of shit it currently is.
>>
>>336323795
That's a good point and also points towards eventual/soonish legacy servers. Far smarter for them to ride that and make money rather than spend time/money on litigation.
>>
>>336323835
right, and mythic warforged socketed gear is still extremely rare. the new "rare thing" constantly changes. people need to get with the times instead of complaining that the old shit isnt rare anymore.
>>
>>336323416
you are retarded. all the have to do is tie vanilla to the latest expac.
>>
>>336324049
you honestly think your vanilla is too precious to have its virginity taken by adding content that objectively makes wow what it is? enjoy your stagant piece of shit game
>>
File: 1461050343940.jpg (189 KB, 923x679) Image search: [Google]
1461050343940.jpg
189 KB, 923x679
>"people" are going to pay 49€ for this

I could not even make this up if I tried.
>>
>>336323919
Yep, i had several buddies who resubbed for WoD and then quit a couple months later but have barely any idea about Legion. One of them only found out about it recently from reading an article on the nostalrius shutdown. Unless you're a huge wow junkie it's just not as big of a deal as WoD was. Maybe that will change with more marketing or the movie or something, but it just feels way less hyped.
>>
>>336324049
not that guy but achievements are still technically content even if you dont like them. they are also already in the game, so it work take extra work to code them out.
>>
>>336316117
>>336321117
>>336321681
>>336322793
>yes blizzard make vanilla servers!
>but make it like retail

my fucking face when
>>
>>336324232
>didnt even read my post
>thinks i want anything like retail

Im for bc, dont care about wrath. would prefer not cata, and nothing past cata.
the game just needs to have the community poll any major changes. 70% to pass.
>>
>>336324192
>>336324229
>vanilla
>in need of achievements

You wear your achievements in vanilla. There is no need for a box to pop up and tell you how great you are.
>>
>>336324372
terrible idea
the whining idiots on the wow forums got us into this mess in the first place
>>
>>336324386
>achievements have a date on completion
>butthurt because he never actually played before draenor so he has no memories to look back on
>>
>>336324386
ok? if you dont like achievements you can actively not pursue them and try your hardest to be a super cool hipster low achievement score kid while other people do whatever they want as well.
>>
>>336323610
Only a msall amount of people want legacy and thing older version were better when compaired to the WoD and upcomming legion playerbase.

As with most things in wow, the vocal minority is exteremly vocal but also very minor.
>>
>>336324727
what else caused the sharp decline in subs after WoTLK?
>>
>>336324801
the decline started mid-wotlk
>>
File: Wow.jpg (42 KB, 1191x408) Image search: [Google]
Wow.jpg
42 KB, 1191x408
>>336324880
uwot?
>>
>>336316117
Nostfags are literally Goobergate 2.0

Please, enough is enough. You're not getting your legacy servers.
>>
>>336324801
>>336325016
Actual decline in long term players started in patch 3.2, however, at that point the hype train was still going strong, so new players were replacing them. Then came Cataclysm, which the tremendously negative word of mouth after patch 4.2. New players stopped coming, old players kept leaving.
>>
>>336325094
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>336325094
do you even know what decline means? the numbers didn't decline, neither subs nor player activity
>>
>>336325194
Do you know what Semantics means?
>>
>>336325194
the rate of growth declined, wotlk sent it negative
>>
>>336325297
do you know what being factually incorrect means?

>HURR DURR SEMANTICS
>>
>>336325297
yes?
and?
>>
>>336325318
no the rate of growth didn't decline, it rose
it only declined with cataclysm
AFTER wrath
>>
>>336325536
he never said the growth declined he said the rate of growth declined, it certainly plateaued a bit. but still rose
>>
>>336325649
if you mean it didn't grow as fast as it used to before, yeah, but it still grew so what the fuck is your point? of course it first needs to slow down before it goes back
"subs only grew slightly" isn't a good criticism of Wrath when WoD manages to cut subs in half or even worse
cataclysm is when it started to fall
>>
For vanilla servers:

>fix druid and paladin tanks
>fix other specs for pvp/pve too
>add dual spec
>add achievements
>give mounts at 20 and reduce the price
>add tbc version of lfg and make meeting stones summon
>fix stats on gear (spirit on rogue gear)
>give alliance shamans and horde paladins

;^)
>>
Things vanilla could use that modern WoW has, without fucking up the vanilla experience:

>AoE looting
Should have been in the game from the start
>Barbershop
In a game with magic and resurrection and demons and shit, I don't think it's that much to ask for the ability to change my fucking hairstyle
>Guild banks
One of the few additions in the games that actually bolstered the sense of community rather than detracting from it
>Group finder tool
NOT THE INSTANT-DUNGEON/RAID TOOL
You would still have to send a message to the group's leader, the group leader would still have to determine who to invite, etc. It would basically just make it so that Trade Chat wouldn't be spammed with LFG all the time.

I can't really think of anything else.
>>
>>336325934
No
>>
>>336325934
i disagree but half with the shit you said but that doesnt matter.

>LFG

you have me triggered beyond belief
>>
>>336326093
>>336326168
did you play TBC? that's literally what TBC LFG is and it's nothing like LFD
>>
File: nope_525.jpg (184 KB, 525x358) Image search: [Google]
nope_525.jpg
184 KB, 525x358
>>336326265
>>
>>336325934
I know you're trolling but I'm responding anyway because dumbasses have seriously suggested these things before

>fix druid and paladin tanks
They should make them so that they're more viable in dungeons, but raids should be warriors
>fix other specs for pvp/pve too
Nah. Some specs will be better for PvP, some better for PvE. This is good.
>add dual spec
MAYBE. But for a shitload of money. Like, 5x epic mount money.
>add achievements
I actually have no problem with this, just so long as:
-Achievements can't be linked
-Achievements can't be inspected
It's just a nice way to keep track of progress. Also could be handy for titles, which I also have no problem with.
>give mounts at 20 and reduce the price
Fuck no
>add tbc version of lfg and make meeting stones summon
Fuck no
>fix stats on gear (spirit on rogue gear)
Fuck no, "fixing stats" just made it so that items are either useless or brilliant - variety is the spice of life. It also just makes the game more interesting.
>give alliance shamans and horde paladins
I actually think having blood elves/draenei would be good, since there'd be a better balance of cancerous players amongst horde/alliance, and shamans were usually far more useful in PvP than Paladins (especially in WSG)
>>
>>336316117
>What do you want to see and ideas that would benefit the game?
Make changes to certain abilities happen at the start of the game. Pre-nerf windfury was fucking broken in pvp. It's what made shamans pvp gods. Also, the Paladin patch and warlock patch need to be there at launch.
>>
>>336326265
The TBC LFG is nowhere near as useful/good as the current WoD LFG tool (not the insta-dungeon/raid one, the manual one)
>>
>>336316117
Make a poll that allows changes to the game similar to the RS07 one

However, make it so that being able to cast a vote requires a level 60 - or maybe just keep it to some of the more knowledgable people who played Vanilla
>>
>>336326765
it had more categories or something? don't really remember, other than it can't be xrealm that's fine, it accomplishes the same thing
>>
Cant'y ou put this shit on /vg/ already?
>>
Never forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM40cK5tu7w
>>
>>336326663
whats wrong with linking and inspecting achievements?

I get annoyed when people do shit like this in trade chat

ANAL [achievement]
etc
but they can still do ANAL [REND] or whatever a skill is.
I have no problem with people who brag i just usually stay away from those people.
>>
You morons will never get these servers.

You'll never be able to agree on exactly what features you want.
>>
>>336327303
need 19 more for molten core link AQ achiev + ilvl for invite
>>
>>336326663
They're already viable in dungeons, and Druids become somewhat viable in later raids. I've done 5-mans with plenty of Druids and Paladins tanking, and even some Shaman on my Horde alts.
>>
Are people really that deluded? Blizzard will never make legacy servers because of the logistics involved with such a thing. This is only possible with private servers like Nostalrius since you never paid and left your expectations at the door.

Do they just release last patch servers? People are going to tire of them real quick and they would be deader than dead in a few months, not to mention the fucking integration that is going to require into the current system that's in place.

Do they release patches in sequence? Then people are going to jump in for their favorite patch and leave for ones they don't like and you'd still have population problems. How do you manage guilds like that? Furthermore, what happens when they reach the final patch? Do they roll back to a starting point or? You'd have a huge divide between people wanting to keep their characters, people that want a new 'season' and people wanting to progress further. Again, just imagine the logistics.

Not. Happening.
>>
File: 1460023570107.jpg (29 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1460023570107.jpg
29 KB, 495x700
WoW is shit
>>
>>336327553
None of these people seem to have any insight into programming or hosting
>>
File: 1462132397733.jpg (403 KB, 1914x939) Image search: [Google]
1462132397733.jpg
403 KB, 1914x939
>>336316117
>Now that Legacy servers is pretty much coming
>>
>>336327456
ah you have a really fucking strong point. i dont like it, but you might be right.

But how would you get into a new guild? how do you show the members how good you are? there wasnt even ilvl in vanilla right? are you just going to link all your gear pieces and have them wowwiki what bosses they drop from?
>>
>>336321117
I 100% agree with disabled addons. Bosses were becoming a joke about midway to late vanilla when Decurse came onto the scene. Druids and Priests that couldn't land a decurse to save their lives before that addon suddenly became gods and a bit of the game died. I'll miss perlui and titanbar, but it'd be worth it to lose those to make raiding more fun.
>>
>>336326663
>shamans more useful than pallies in WSG
are you fucking serious
>>
>>336327725
ah nvm theres gearscore anyways

>>336327739
healing in 40 mans is really gay without addons. i dont mean healbot or anything i just mean the raidframes are bad imo. the only addons i really want is just ui customization and recount. but i do believe that addons that make boss fights easier is unhealthy for the game and pvp buff timers and shit
>>
>>336327739
They broke decursive in late vanilla anyways. Pretty much any smart casting addon was killed.
>>
>>336327478
paladins are total crap unless you seriously outgear the content, druids could use minor QoL changes

>>336327553
blizzard seems to be fine with content droughts and cyclical subs

i think you'd have to do a reboot, but keep the old characters on the armory so people can see them and give returning players an ng+ where they get to keep their name, some starting gold, etc
>>
>>336327786
Pre-nerf shamans were a force of fucking nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w

Nothing a paladin could do besides bubble and wait for Stromstrike+WF+WF+WF+ES=ded
>>
>>336328054
i dont think there is much they can do about content droughts. as long as they dont do that 400 day shit
>>
>>336328196
Bitch Shamans didn't have stormstrike.
>>
File: confused chirping.jpg (54 KB, 434x484) Image search: [Google]
confused chirping.jpg
54 KB, 434x484
>>336326663
>shamans were usually far more useful in PvP than Paladins (especially in WSG)

Spot the guy who only watched Unbreakable as his vanilla pvp experience.
>>
>>336328314
To be fair as a Warrior, I loved Shamans. WF+Sword Spec. Beautiful when the stars aligned.
>>
>>336323528

I think that it would actually keep the money coming to Blizzard. Right now when people are waiting for the next expansion, there's what's called an unsubscribe season. What if legacy servers were around and people kept paying to play WoW on those while they wait for the new expansion? It's not complicated.
>>
>>336328304
Ok yeah, some did some didn't. I preferred NS but some did roll with it. It could proc WF bro.
>>
>>336327635
Shouldn't matter, it should take any person with more than 80 IQ a total of 10 seconds to figure out why that guy saying 'you think you do but you don't' is a cunt but is right in a way. Nobody should want Blizzard doing legacy servers.

The best way to go about this is for Blizzard to license private servers like Nostalrius, have them comply to certain rules like 'no profiting', 'ban xiao gold sellers' or some other bullshit and just let it be free.

>>336328054
Blizzard doesn't seem fine with content droughts and cyclical subs, don't kid yourself. There's a huge difference between an 'end of expansion 9-12 months content drought' and 'you're never getting anything new' content drought and while nostalgia goggles do help in that regard, it's not panacea. As for cyclical subs - what a load of bullshit. It's a blatant lie that was made up on the spot in order to save face and you poor bastards gobbled it up along with the 'we're not showing subs anymore :^)' pill.
>>
>>336328376
That is the dream, but fighting a smart warrior+paladin pair was impossible in Vanilla if you didn't have a priest or shaman closeby. Permanent Sacrifice and Freedom was absurd.
>>
Just look at this thread. Anons here having a great time recalling old memories. Legacy servers need to happen.
>>
>>336328426
>The best way to go about this is for Blizzard to license private servers like Nostalrius

The fuck? You really think they're going to license out their product to some shady russians?

You're a moron.
>>
>>336328314
What do you have against Unbreakable? Was a pretty good pvp video m8.
>>
>>336328553
Nothing on my main man Laintime.
>>
>>336328526
you took the bait man hes obviously a retail shill
>>
>>336328605
FUCK. I forgot about Laintime. I'm going to watch that shit right now.
>>
>>336328553
It's a fun video, but it's a highlight reel of an overgeared shaman hitting the lottery on blue geared clothies. It's not close at all the the realities of regular enhance shaman pvp in vanilla.

You might as well say all warrior pvp is Maydie when he made his video after having bugged talent points, every consumable and a team of healers shoved up his asshole, while selecting clips of him popping Recklessness.
>>
>>336328054
Paladins could tank 5 and 10 (and 15) mans at gear level because there is actually gear which supports them, and their biggest flaws don't come into play in a pre-raid environment.
>>
>>336328738
I could say the same thing about Pat but goddamn their videos were entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBnjELkgok
>>
>>336328196
>Pre-nerf shamans were a force of fucking nature.
I guess this is what happens when your knowledge of vanilla comes from PvP videos.
>>
>wotlk kids talk about vanilla
Embarrassing
Can't wait for the hot memes like MC is the only raid, Priests were the only worthy healer, BRD was a good dungeon
>>
>>336328881
Maybe he got owned by said shaman?

That would make me bretty salty.
>>
>>336328526
Yeah buddy, because contractors are a brand new concept that has never been done before. Certainly I am the moron here, not the cretin that keeps airing out his knee-jerk reactions like 'MUH LEGACY SERVERS' and 'YOURE AN IDORT' for everyone to see.

Blizzard set a number of rules you have to abide by, your shit is screened by their team before you get to touch any of the IP and you get buttfucked by their legal team if you break the contract. But I digress, the question at hand is how fucking stupid you are.

>>336328638
Yeah, I'm such a retail shill I'm saying outright that Blizzard can't handle the heat of maintaining legacy servers and if they try their hand at it, everyone is going to get a nice big plate of ABORTION like we do every time they comply with loudmouths. You got me there, bub. I'm the most beaten of wives.
>>
>>336323528
Because vanilla was trash. It was great for it's time but fuck, when I tried nost to relive the glory days it just destroyed those old memories as I realized just how tedious and boring vanilla really was.
>>
>>336320582
Yeah no fuck off. Your the same kind of people that bitched when Jagex started updating Oldschool Runescape. For a game to survive past the nostalgia phase it needs fucking content. And the way OSRS handles new content is fleshing out the lower levels and not increasing the power creep. Just adding more depth.
>>
>>336328196
Yeah they were, when WF proc'd.
If you actually played then you'd know that the other 90% of the time Enh Shaman suck. Elem and Resto were the best PvP specs.
>>
File: dense mother fucker.jpg (137 KB, 852x756) Image search: [Google]
dense mother fucker.jpg
137 KB, 852x756
>>336328196

>It's a "links that literally ONE shaman video of the shaman who had Sulfuras" epsiode
>>
>>336328385

wow, you just made me realize that Blizzard is totally going to figure out how to jew back those lost subs, while still keeping theyre shit expacs rolling

what a time to be alive
>>
The biggest problem of all is welfare gear and normalization of stats, into fucking ilvl.

The end of Wrath was cancer because everyone wanted you to outgear the dungeons they were doing.

This shit still persisted into Cataclysm, yet with everyone not swimming in welfare gear it consisted more of troll kicking people out of dungeons for not out gearing it so the tank could get their ez badges.

When gear is rare, everyone tries to get it, if its given to you with little effort, then people expect you to outgear the forced grind content, like dungeon finder badges.

And thats why the game is shit now, everyone wants gear and to see the 'end of the game' content, but they don't want to be challenged to actually do anything.
>>
>i want vanilla but with the qol features of retail

Holy shit, this thread literally just proved the "you think you do, but you don't."
>>
>>336328859
Ha, I actually had Pat's video in mind when I made that description. Seriously, watch the video and look at his buffs. Fucking pots, flasks and about every fucking heal from priests, shamans and druids coming down on him and he has Recklessness(30m cd) up so damn often.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqx1CFomKMI

To date I still think this is still the best warcraft movie to date.
>>
>>336316117
>remove the things retail did wrong and add the things retail did right
This is the dumbest fucking idea because it's subjective as shit.
In Blizzard's opinion all their decisions have been right.
>>
>>336322793

>everyone wants vanilla

a guy says doing anything instead of vanilla would be a mistake

>you then say his opinions are retarded

you realize what vanilla means right?

define that word for me, then realize that, that is what everyone wants. do that for me k?

now you can fuck off in shame
>>
>>336329137
if you say so. those people are retarded

I just want the original game but with some balance changes. Make the useless specs not useless.
>>
>>336327786
>The ability to ininitely kite people
>AOE slow totems
>AOE fear resist totems

Meanwhile paladins
>hope for crits
>60 second long CD stun
>Manually casted anything but seal/judge
>>
>>336329210
So you don't want the original. "you think you do, but you don't" prevails again.
>>
>>336329239
Blessing of freedom and Sacrifice
>>
>>336329170
its weird that you think you speak for everyone
its also weird that you think just plain vanilla servers is what more than 1% of the people want. most people want legacy progression servers and maybe with new different content after a few years
>>
>>336327254
This makes me depressed.
>>
>>336320582
These threads are falseflags started by the "Nostcucks" autist.
>>
>>336329239
>ignore blessing of freedom, sacrifice, judgement of freedom and the ability to convert healed damage into mana
>>
File: 1360256380267.png (72 KB, 394x397) Image search: [Google]
1360256380267.png
72 KB, 394x397
>>336329271

Yeah I do. Minute changes like what I'm asking change the core game for the worse...how?

Your original post was talking about "quality of life" bullshit and I seriously fail to see the connection.

Are you being facetious?
>>
File: this is what v has come to.jpg (14 KB, 418x354) Image search: [Google]
this is what v has come to.jpg
14 KB, 418x354
vanillafags are actually the worst things to happen to wow so far i think

>'please bring it back to when it was nostalgic for me! god forbid anything change!'

>'make everything as terrible and archaic as i remember it! ten hour rep grinds? no problem! i loved being camped at the barrens when i was 10!'
>>
>>336329271

>legitimately being so stupid that you want warriors to be the only tanks and most dps specs being shit
>>
>>336329447
He's not even me.
>>
>>336320265
>but then again the quests are fucked up and linear now so they should really just copy/paste the vanilla zones back and admit cata was a mistake
In Vanilla 30-40 had really few quests to do so you'd just fucking grind it on mobs more or less. How the hell is that a good thing?

>Quest
>Ever not linear
Wow.
>>
>>336324072
no, because by accepting that we are allowing and telling blizzard we approve of regurgitated, reflavored,reskinned trash
>>
>>336329506
>>336329447
>I want vanilla!
>actually, can you make it cherry chocolate vanilla

You think you do, but you don't.
>>
>>336329506
Sure, if I can have windfury back

Or my rogue isn't pure garbage

Or my warlock plays different from a mage

Or where my hunter isn't benched for not being BiS DPS for our mythic raids.
>>
>>336329614

Vanilla was great. Not perfect, but great.

You can keep spamming that sentence all you want, but I'm just talking about something pretty fucking simple at the end of the day. Can you actually make a coherent argument as to why that's a bad thing?

Slippery slope aside, what is so bad about it?
>>
>>336329117
>normalization of stats, into fucking ilvl.
What the fuck are you saying? That doesn't make any sense, especially when ilvl was always there, it was just a hidden value until people figured that shit out and then they made it visible.

What does normalisation of stats mean then? Having shit make actually sense and not "dude just pick all stats lmao"?

>And thats why the game is shit now, everyone wants gear and to see the 'end of the game' content, but they don't want to be challenged to actually do anything.
And to you it was fine when you had to gear 40 people with 3 drops per boss for months on end hoping that people don't quit (also having to gear other people) tier after tier after tier? Ew.
>>
>>336329068
seeing him land full WFs on raid geared rogues and prot warriors triggers me, that's rare as fuck

>>336329614
mostly want druids to be able to use potions while shapeshifted
>>
>>336321365
>There should be bug fixing, obviously, but thats it

No, no bug fixing, no balance passes, no fucking nothing.

You faggots wanted Vanilla, you take your vanilla server, you shut the fuck up, and you sit the fuck down. If you want ANYTHING changed that wasn't part of 1.12, you can fuck right off.
>>
>>336316117
This is why legacy servers are never going to work out. People won't stop crying even if they get them.

Vanilla as it is. End of the discussion.
>>
>>336329724
Because it literally is the slippery slope. Why do you think current WoW is the way it is. I started playing in 05 and played until 3 months after WoD launch.

There was never some conspiracy to make WoW worse, it was always incremental changes of "ok we'll make this more convenient"
>>
>>336329468
>I have no argument so I'll just meme about nostalgia

Played Nost and retail at the same time.

Nost was better than WoD. Sorry chief, an MMO is better than a facebook garrison.
>>
>>336329724
Everyone claims Vanilla was great because "community". That's fucking it.

I don't even get why the community was supposedly so great.

They'd have to redo tons of gear and specs and shit to make it something with more appeal in.
>>
>>336329794
>mostly want druids to be able to use potions while shapeshifted
Druids couldn't do it in the BC too, and were great OT in the raids
git gud, faggot
>>
File: WarCraft_Samwise038b.jpg (45 KB, 550x421) Image search: [Google]
WarCraft_Samwise038b.jpg
45 KB, 550x421
>>336329506
>DPS specs
>DPS SPECS

There were no prescribed "DPS spec" in the game

Your class was your kit, your role was your class.

Talents augmented them, and yes, while there were best in slot talents, your class role was still what defined your class.

Holy shit the autism of people who picked paladin, who was based entirely off the god damn WC3 unit who had nothing but support abilities, and expected to do big damage.
>>
>>336329560
>In Vanilla 30-40 had really few quests to do
What is STV, Desolace, Shimmering Flats, Dustwallow Marsh, Alterac, Arathi, SoS, Badlands.
>>
File: 1460050674984.gif (262 KB, 325x347) Image search: [Google]
1460050674984.gif
262 KB, 325x347
>>336329959
>OT
>>
>>336329950
>They'd have to redo tons of gear and specs and shit to make it something with more appeal in.
Oh no, they would have to do some actual work

faggot
>>
Would need to remove xmog from pristine, there's a reason why people were like oh shit that guy has a full tier set back in the day. Now everyone looks like a fucking badass/fag
>>
>>336329773
>What does normalisation of stats mean then? Having shit make actually sense and not "dude just pick all stats lmao"?

Maybe anon means stuff like weapon speed normalization
>>
>>336329924

>why do you think current WoW is the way it is
>ok we'll make this more convenient

You're going to have to explain the intricacies behind your thought process here. How are small balance changes that would only breathe life into the original game and give people a reason to enjoy all the classes going to lead to LFG and flying mounts and facebook games?
>>
What I hope is that classic servers will be a huge success, forcing them to rethink their design decisions for the current game.
>>
>>336329724
Not him, but he's not arguing with you. He's making a correct observation. You either want vanilla as it was in all its glory and its flaws or you don't. And it seems that you don't.

If you begin changing things for the player base's comfort you don't only corrupt the game as it should be, but you're opening to door to accomodations and listening to whiny brats which is exactly what Blizzard did to end up with WoD.
>>
>>336329614
no you dont get it.

he said that because he thought we wanted vanilla.
no one wanted vanilla. we wanted cherry chocolate vanilla all along.
>>
>>336330040
>Literally forcing you into specific specs
>Said possible heal gear or tank gear won't help you with grinding your shitty mats at all
>40+ people - 3-4 epox per boss
>Several tiers
>Vanillafags actually think this is good design
>>
File: 1452521471424s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452521471424s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>336327254
was that a special event on nost? come on, nost wasn't such populated 100% of its uptime
>>
File: 1462236070084.gif (1008 KB, 255x160) Image search: [Google]
1462236070084.gif
1008 KB, 255x160
>>336329928
this is always the same argument with nost cucks

always the garrison trash like anyone actually defends that shit. pure delusion. riding on the coattails of nostalgia while blindly ignoring everything that was bad about vanilla and bc completely cemented you as a stupid drone that can't take any other opinion other than some stupid nost monkey clinging to the past

don't even reply to this post.
>>
>>336330141

I mean on the base level you're both not wrong.

I just fail to see how making some classes viable is a bad thing.
>>
>>336329959
it's the quickest band-aid to bear tanking, assuming we're not going for pure vanilla
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>336330159
>Everyone can do everything, WoW works off the Trinity system, so no
>So? Effort = reward
>Good
>This is bad how?
Yes considering until the end og LK WoW Boomed with all these "bad designs"
>>
>>336330224
It would also require gear tuning and shit to make it happen desu.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>336330224
Every class was viable.

Not every class had to be the same flavor of "Sit on the bosses ass and hit 123"
>>
>>336324204
Already preordered the collectors edition m8, feels good not being in poverty.
>>
>>336330303
It's not
The only reason why druids couldn't tank raids wasn't even gear(like most people say) but their inability to survive crushing strikes in the row
Potions wouldn't help it at all
>>
>>336330385

>every class was viable

confirmed for not playing vanilla. I was always kicked out for being this or that until I just decided I'd be a warrior tank.
>>
>>336330459
Well maybe you were shit at anything that wasn't a warrior.
>>
>>336330385
vanilla paladins
shamans

why are you even talking dude just stop

combat has always been pressing buttons and standing on a boss

you've probably never raided your life past bc so you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>336330459
Just because you carry a cross for the days of getting invites to LF1M groups and going "im fury" doesn't mean everything was busted.

You just want to be a DPS with quick invites, don't give us this bullshit of every spec must be viable.
>>
>>336330318
>It's a bad thing if Shaman could be elemental, Paladin could tank or DPS, Druid could do more than heal or provide an aura and do fuckall else or Mage to be Arcane without gimping himself to hell and back.

You're a fucking idiot.

>So? Effort = reward
Except that the bosses were 'piss easy' and the only "effort" there ever was enduring the obscene grind between tiers.

>>336330515
Show me some pally tanks familio
>>
>>336330459
>warrior tank
>needed in any not shit tier guild
lol
>>
>>336330141
Pretty much /thread.
It's either 100% authentic vanilla, maybe with a few extremely small QoL changes like potions/ore stacking to 20, or a completely different "Pristine" vanilla bullshit.
>>
File: noep.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
noep.gif
2 MB, 286x210
>>336330605
>Paladins
>Shamans
>>
>>336330697
Show me dem ebin Retardin PvE pallies and protadins
>>
>>336330224
Because it's WoW Vanilla. The game has its problems, but it's part of its charm: don't touch it. You open the door to changes, you're screwed. As soon as Blizzard sees a slight player base decline, a forum drama from a big guild or a disgruntled new employee find it too clunky and you'll start seeing more and more of those slight changes.

You want Vanilla ? Have Vanilla. Locked, as it was. This is the only way for it to stay good.
>>
File: giphy.gif (43 KB, 359x339) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
43 KB, 359x339
Alright guys. do you agree this is almost precisely the announcement we want coming from blizzard after their kern/nostalrius meeting?

"We have heard you, and we are listening. We are going to be bringing vanilla back! But it seems like some of you dont want a "pure" vanilla. We are going to be running many polls over the next few weeks to figure out exactly what it is you want."

What do you think my fellow /v/irgins?
>>
>>336330385
Every class had it's own niche(except elem shamans), not every class was viable in the end game pve
Unfortuanally wotlk kids want every class to being able tank or dps as good as others classes
They can only think with 3 roles in mind
>>
>>336316117
>Also it don't have to strictly follow the lore of WoW and you will get to add new bosses that wasen't present at the time to keep content pumped into a original game without severly altering it.
>Drop 40 man raids down to 25-30

That sounds fucking retarded, why would you change it so much like that?
>>
>>336330767
No one dumb enough to raid as a ret paladin had enough brains to Unregistered Hypercam2 their gameplay.
>>
>>336330841
40 man raids are fucking awful.
>>
>>336330826
You sound like someone straight out of reddit.

Go back.
>>
>>336330826
They should do polls in-game a few months after lauching, similar to old school Runescape. I would be happy with that though, yeah.
>>
>>336330841
Because he is wotlk kid who only heard about MC and how no one did anything there
>>
>>336330832
>Unfortuanally wotlk kids want every class to being able tank or dps as good as others classes
Yes, it would be such a shame that you could actually play any of the three specs to some degree in end game instead of being shoe horned into that one spec because the game says so.

At that point, why the fuck would you even have three skill trees instead of 1?
>>
>>336330623
>paladins
>Tanking

Gee, considering that paladins weren't supposed to be and were never expected to tank until mid BC, how about no?

Instead let me point out that in PVE paladins were the best raid healer of their faction, same goes for shamans.

And in PVP paladins just didn't die until he ran out of mana, and shamans were gods with frostshock and windfury.

Apply yourself, the rigid trinity did not exist in vanilla, each class fulfilled a role, the problem was that every encounter didn't revolve around each class, so class stacking was the norm once shit got hard in AQ40 and Naxx, but internally each raid was designed to have 5 of each class.

But of course you're going to point out shit like 4 horsemen where it was easier to do with 8 geared warrior tanks and doing a 2 man rotation rather then having 5 and doing a 5 man rotation.
>>
>>336330456
a pseudo dr/health cd with armor/healing pots would be a modest improvement
>>
>>336330938
A plain and stagnant vanilla isnt sustainable and theres no way blizzard is going to do that because it will objectively make less money than legacy progression servers,
>>
>>336330962
>wotlk kids i swer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHRlgczmk

>>336330983
>Gee, considering that paladins weren't supposed to be and were never expected to tank until mid BC, how about no?
LITERALLY A FUCKING PROTECTION TALENT TREE YOU DUMBFUCK

I don't give a fucking rat's ass if they were the best healer or not, my point is that they only had fucking one forced role for them.
>>
>>336330027
None of those places had quests enough to level. Did you even play back then?
>>
>>336330623
You chose to hybrid, why should you be as viable in a role as a purist class?
>Muh useless specs
iirc specs were also labelled by players as PvP/PvE/Utility at launch - why should Ultility be as viable as PvE in PvE?
Fucking moron
>>
File: Paladins0gf[1].jpg (147 KB, 990x553) Image search: [Google]
Paladins0gf[1].jpg
147 KB, 990x553
>>
>>336330027
>STV
One level possibly

>Shimmering Flats
Barely enough for half a level

>Dustwallow Marsh
Again only around half a level

>Alterac
???

>Arathi
Maybe enough for one level or so

>SoS
I don't think it had a single quest for Alliance. Can't remember any at any rate.

>Badlands
Possibly one level gained.
>>
>>336330916
Your mom is fucking awful lmao

But really, I liked 40 man raids
>>
>>336331108
And no where in the entire game did it say "Protection spec is only for keeping the attention of monsters"

This was before the holy trinity of roles, protection just ment you could take more damage then someone who didn't spec it, which yes, was bad design since you never needed to be a tanky paladin.

I will agree, making paladins the AOE tanks in vanilla was a good move, but really though, you're stupid if you think "protection" ment tanking in vanilla, not even warriors spec'd protection, except maybe for a few talents like last stand
>>
>>336331119
>None of those places had quests enough to level.
>8 zones
Are you retarded or something? Those zones had enough quests for you to level 30-40. Or you could run SM and RFD once and even skip some of the quests in those zones.
I played back then, I played on Nost, I played on Kronos, and I never had to grind EVER.
>>
red pill me on kornos. Is it as good as Nost?
>>
>>336331372
>protection" ment tanking in vanilla, not even warriors spec'd protection, except maybe for a few talents like last stand

Christ.
>>
>>336331384
He thinks that one zone should offer 10 levels for 5 quests.
>>
>>336331215
So why is Shaman a viable Enhancement 2h swinger & healer but Paladin is only a viable Healer?

Druid had 4 possible roles but only one real role assigned to it.

It's not even about doing exactly the same shit but the fact that they're not viable at all.
>>
>>336331384
>Those zones had enough quests for you to level 30-40
LMAO its so obvious you never played vanilla. Stop talking now kid.
>>
>>336329239
Earthbind is useful, but Tremor is pulse-based and very easy to wand/hit/shoot unless you happened to drop it down the second before your party got feared. The pulse is every 3 seconds, so even if left alone you could still be running around for that long, and sometimes you'll even run out of its meager range before the pulse. Shaman were good in PvP but you failed to touch upon an actual reason for that, such as Purge, Nature's Swiftness or Elemental Mastery Chain Lightning, R1 Earth Shock, etc.
>>
>>336331297
>Alterac - ???
>SoS - dont think it had a single quest for Alliance
You can fuck right off then, buddy. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>336331435
Dont speak for me you sociopath.
>>
>>336330979
>Yes, it would be such a shame that you could actually play any of the three specs
Again
The only specs that weren't welcomed in naxx were elem and ench shamans, surv hunters and afl warlocks (Can't talk about alliance side, but heard they had ret paladins here just fine)
People took balance and feral druids here not for their dps, same was with shadow priests.
Stop thinking with 3 roles in mind, most of specs had their niche
>>
File: 1462041314064.png (141 KB, 296x317) Image search: [Google]
1462041314064.png
141 KB, 296x317
>>
File: 1457611120417.jpg (141 KB, 586x614) Image search: [Google]
1457611120417.jpg
141 KB, 586x614
>>336331297
>STV
>One level possibly
>>
File: 1372957948770.gif (1 MB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
1372957948770.gif
1 MB, 300x166
>>336330826
Pure only. Anyone who says they want qol upgrades should just play retail, because that's the most streamlined and most balanced version of the game possible.

Vanilla is a broken turd and I want it to stay that way. It made mundane moments feel triumphant, and the collaberative effort to overcome these tasks were ten times anything you find in retail today. I get the feeling people who want modified vanilla are either the types who actually pay private servers to get ridiculous perks or are in denial that they don't want to play retail. It's like saying "I want to climb that mountain, but I want to stay in the comfort of my recliner at the same time".
>>
>>336330826
No. Why do you think Nost was so popular ? Do you think it was due to nostalgia ? Was it their clever manipulation of WoW code ?

No, it was authenticity. It was the closest they could do to recreate Vanilla exactly as it was. This is what people want to play.

If you want to change anything, you either shouldn't be playing Vanilla or won't be playing long enough for it to matter.
>>
>>336331513
Not my fault you're stupid and don't understand the concept of "Quests"

They're not some arbitrary mechanic for you to blow through for fast EXP, they're supposed to be something that rewards you for doing something.
>>
>>336331384
30-45 could be a bitch, it was doable without grinding, even skipping many dungeons and quests, but you'd be doing orange quests

>>336331442
enh and ret are equally bad pve and decent for pvp
>>
>>336331491
Name some Swamp of Sorrow quests for Alliance then. It didn't even have a fucking hub for Alliance before TBC I think.
>>
>>336331442
In what universe did you trick yourself into believing that shamans were anything but resto while raiding?

You could have a lot of dead weight in raids until Naxx, but shamans spammed chain heal just like paladins spammed flash heal.
>>
>>336331560
>surv hunters

wat, surv hunters by the time naxx was out had the best damage scaling out of all the specs
>>
>>336331603
Again you are putting words in my mouth. Seek psychiatric care immediately.
>>
>>336331581
oh yes i agree, vanilla servers are very popular. but i think a progression server would be more popular, maybe even 5x more popular for an official one.
>>
>>336331679
Here's your (You)
>>
>>336331560
>but heard they had ret paladins here just fine)
Doing what? Since supposedly Ret and Enhancement are just as bad.

What niche did Protection Paladin fill?

What did BM hunters do?

Disc priests?
>>
>>336331741
No argument? Good. Kill yourself crazy.
>>
>>336316117
LFG is fine, the issue with the LFG/LFR was that it was cross realm. If it was exclusively your realm then you still have the opportunity to make
>>
>>336331641
Alright so that's one less spec down the drain.

>>336331747
Oh and I forgot Arcane mage.
>>
File: 1326337119724.jpg (24 KB, 396x360) Image search: [Google]
1326337119724.jpg
24 KB, 396x360
>>
>>336331747
>What niche did Protection Paladin fill?
5-10ppl dungeons tank
Pretty nice
>What did BM hunters do?
Same as dem warlock, they could suvive little more shit than others specs, and that actually helped a lot on the not dps race bosses
>Disc priests?
Good healer, we had one or two. I doubt there were raids who wanted holy on the horsemen and patchwerk
>>
>>336331827
>not raiding as fire after BWL

Enjoy the bench, mage.
>>
>>336331108
The most cruel joke of Vanilla WoW is that Shaman made better tanks than Paladins. Paladins that actually wanted to generate acceptable threat went Ret over Prot, and their need for stats like spell damage and mp5 in addition to defensive ones meant they were actually taking more damage than their mail-wearing Horde equivalents with the appropriate gear/spec.

Given Naxx level gear, maybe even Rogues would be better.
>>
>>336331949
protection had reckoning talent for pvp
>>
>>336331709
Based on what ? Your own opinion ?

There is clear definite proof that what over 125k people want is an authentic vanilla server. This was until now a "myth" coming from both the devs saying that people don't want it and other WoW players claiming Vanilla was shit and it was purely nostalgia.

Now all of it comes out, there's talk of official legacy servers and you're saying your balance and revisions of the game would be 5 times more popular.

Ok.
>>
>>336331949
>5-10ppl dungeons tank
????
>>
>>336316117
Legacy servers as in real legacy servers, give Blizzard no control over it.
Wich means no "balance" patches and no "community" fixes, leave it the way it was and never ever touch it again.
>>
>>336331963
hahaha shaman better tank then pally in vanilla wow. thats just a fucking joke kid
>>
File: 1452614583129s.jpg (6 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1452614583129s.jpg
6 KB, 180x192
>>336332001
noob detected.
you could enter "5man instances" in raid mode in vanilla
>>
>>336331998
people said the exact same thing about oldschool runescape. but they were wrong. "KEEP IT THE EXACT SAME AS 2006 OMG..."
then people were like oh wait lets get cool updates!

we need it polled.
>>
>>336332001
so you dont even know what your arguing about. thats a common theme in these threads

paladins ma
>>
>>336332001
You could 10man 5mans in vanilla buddy. Paladins were the best tank for it because they actually had AoE threat in some form.
>>
>>336331963
Shamans actually had better tools for tanking, no joke.

Shamans can and occasionally did tank 5 mans. Raid tanking was basically out, but raids essentially required a warrior.

I tanked a few. Mostly the kinda lower-tier 60 instances like BRD and shit where you didn't ahve to really fight 62 elites who could nail crushings on you.
>>
>>336332043
Never played WoW but here's a retarded idea that just might work.
Update the game following the exact same schedule as the original release. Start on vanilla vanilla, update it, patch it just as it did back in 2004, add on TBC when that relatively releases and keep doing that until we hit legion again, then start over.
>>
>>336331619
Encroaching Wildlife
The Lost Caravan
Mazen's Behest
Draenethyst Crystals
Galen's Escape
>>
>>336332001
Tbc babies incoming.
>>
>>336332097
Hate to be that guy, but even I wouldn't compare runescape players to wow players. If you chose rs over wow during the mid 00's, then something was obviously wrong with you.
>>
>>336332321
ya thats true, we'll see i guess
>>
>>336332097
Yes but keeping aside the fact tha classic runescape is a shitty browser game ripoff of UO and that WoW Vanilla was its very own complete experience from the glory days of Blizzard, we have solid hard statistical proof that people wants an untouched vanilla experience.

There was no voice nor a sizeable amount players for a Vanilla Cherry Nostalrius. Don't touch it.
>>
>>336332213
There's no way they've got the original files for every version of the old updates, it would already a miracle if they could rebuild a vanilla server.
>>
>>336332536
There is going to be an absolute fucking explosion of players for official vanilla servers. then its going to decline if they let it become stagnant. they need to add content you might not want to believe it but that's the truth.
>>
>>336332581
Games should be preserved, in all forms.
Otherwise you get a KH:HD situation where you essentially have to remake the entire game.
>>
>>336332581
>A bunch of French amateurs can do it
>Blizzard can't
>>
>>336332050
You could spec a Pally Prot and give him non-tier Warrior gear and have him OT a raid mob, but they'd still be a bigger liability than a Warrior or a Druid because they lack the defensive cooldowns and active uncrushability of Warriors or the health pool and armor of a Druid to offset those things.

Shaman can just stack Agility and Stamina and invest in their few tanking talents, barely even deviating from a standard Enhancement DPS build, while still generating tons of threat. You're far better off having a lighter tank on a starting target who can actually hold it off meter-humping DPS and then provide damage/healing and support when it's dead than a gimped, crushable Warrior on a mob that's not expected to be touched for the majority of a fight.

They also made far better FR/FrR/NR tanks too thanks to FR/grounding totem and Elemental Warding (arguably as good as Warriors, they could progression FR tank in MC and they were much easier to reach 315 with).
>>
File: 1462040329294.png (38 KB, 595x197) Image search: [Google]
1462040329294.png
38 KB, 595x197
>>336332714
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.