[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the biggest steam greenlight scams out there /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2345245.jpg (218 KB, 1285x731) Image search: [Google]
2345245.jpg
218 KB, 1285x731
What are some of the biggest steam greenlight scams out there /v/?
>>
all of them

>yfw garry and that faggot who made Day Z are already making other Early Access games while they haven't even finished other ones.

Honestly if you buy EA shit at this point you deserve it.
>>
>>336315705
>garry
You mean Rust?
>>
starbound isn't a greenlight game but it's a scam
>>
>>336315705
>garry
Rust is pretty enjoyable, you can do some comfy shit in that game. Rust has 1000x times more potential than Dayz. Dayz fucked up by removing zombies and putting in 1000+ shitty buildings that will lag the game.

Dayz was a scam.

Rust is way ahead of Dayz and may become a complete game in a few years/months.
>>
Cubeworld will still remain one of the largest scams in the indie scene.
>>
>>336316404
>Cube world
>nice looking game
>alot of people buy it
>dev goes dark
>no update since june 201x

Why?
It was looking really good, why the fuck did he give up on his succesive game?
>>
File: Capture.png (877 KB, 1025x760) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
877 KB, 1025x760
>>336315827
>>336316159
Rust isn't even done and they are already pumping out this shovelware.

Also Rust is a shit game filled with 12 year old autists but to be fair thats what it was always going to be.
>>
>>336317560
I think the pressure either got to him or he got greedy. But if it was greed, the dumb faggot should have known that more updates would have given him more. Especially since he was a /v/irgin and spammed cubeworld for a year or two.
>>
>>336318157
>Rust is a shit game filled with 12 year old autists
>Implying not every single game out there is filled with these kinds of people

I also don't see your problem in 12 year old autists. Game literally gets 10x times better when you kill some random bitchy 12 year old and hear him scream and use as many bad words he can.
It also heavily depends on what kind of server you play on. If you play on modded servers the majority of players will be around 13 - 17 years old while on official servers/community servers it's usually 16 - 18+.
12 year olds don't want to work for anything so that's why they play on modded servers so they can have their x1000 gather and shit, just avoid that and you can have a pretty good time.

It's a shit solo game though, you have to play with other people or with your friends. I have a couple of friends I play with so it makes the game more fun and enjoyable.

>pic related
I mean, I can't blame them. Wouldn't you ride on the coat of VR to get some extra $$$? It's not like you're gonna buy it anyways right?
>>
>>336316159
You know what is the problem with Rust? the people, same with minecraft.

For some reason, 99% of people who play Rust just want some shitty mod servers for pvp only, same with minecraft.

IF THEY ONLY WANT TO SHOOT PEOPLE AND DONT WANT TO CRAFT SHIT WHY ARE THEY PLAYING RUST IN FIRST PLACE?
>>
>>336318695
His game leaked right as he released it. Everyone pirated it and realized it had no content and fucked level scaling. The amount of butthurt was too much for him.
>>
>>336318985
>You know what is the problem with Rust? the people, same with minecraft.

Yeah I guess you're right but that can easily be avoided. Just don't play on shitty 1000x gather or modded servers, play official or community and you will filter out most of the underage/cancer.

All 12 year olds want everything handed to them or fast so they can have their epic cewl xD vidya moments. Sometimes I join autismo servers like that just to befriend a 12 year old and then betray him/make him scream profanity.

As I said before, problem can easily be solved by joining non retarded modded servers where all the 12 year olds unite.
>>
So why did people rebuy the standalone when the original mod and a basic version of Arma 2 was free? Better graphics or what?
>>
>>336319585
When I bought it, I was expecting a more fleshed out game over time. I liked the original mod enough to where I wanted to support the standalone. Now I simply won't touch either out of disgust.
>>
>>336319381
Agreed. Dont play modded (except for battle royale for PvP training)

The thing i like about Rust is that of all the early access games i have been involved with, Rust has been the only one so far to make real, impactful changes to the game itself.

Day-z jsut adds in a clothing item or a back of zucchinis.

i have honestly had some of the funnest and most off the wall moments of my entire gaming career in Rust.
>>
>>336320242
So did they stop working on the mod to work on the standalone, and have even stopped working on that? I totally forgot I had arma 2 sitting in my library for years and finally started playing the mod, online seems kinda dead unless you join an overpoch server whatever that mod is.
>>
>>336320489
no its wierd, because they add stuff to the mod but not the standalone im pretty sure.
>>
>>336320524
That's a bit rich considering how expensive the standalone is.
>>
killing floor 2.

It's been in EA for an entire year, they've added four maps and three player classes. That's like, one reasonably sized DLC for any other game studio. But instead of focusing on actual content, they implemented some bullshit microtransaction skin system so you can pay money to unlock crates that can make your guns look all pretty.

Fucking Tripwire shit the bed on this one. I'm glad I only paid $15 or whatever so I'll never have to give this studio the full $60, they don't fucking deserve it.
>>
File: 1457118449908.jpg (29 KB, 197x190) Image search: [Google]
1457118449908.jpg
29 KB, 197x190
>>336320262
>impactful changes to the game
>you can now be a fully nude black woman
>random penis size/random breast size

Just kidding, I agree with you.

I wish they added some sort of hairstyle though, looks weird when everyone is running around bald. Doesn't even have to be good, just some hair to cover that bald head.

Almost nothing beats Rust in comfyness. I love sitting in my wood/stone lodge out in the forest with a warm cozy fire.
The night time + campfire = maximum comfyness.
>>
>>336320262
This. I haven't played since they went experimental though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.