[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing fallout 3 for the first time, what are the best weapons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 51pARaPN42L.jpg (40 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
51pARaPN42L.jpg
40 KB, 500x281
Playing fallout 3 for the first time, what are the best weapons?
>>
>>336305393
The uninstall launcher
>>
the New Vegas portal gun
>>
>>336305728
>>336305785
Both of which aren't real weapons.
>>
>>336305728
>>336305785
Is there a Fallout 4 thread you obsidiots can shitpost in?
>>
Small guns + sneak 4 lyf. Hope you maxed INT, scrublord
>>
I never liked lincolns repeater
Mainly used that unique chinese assault rifle and the unique plasma rifle
New vegas has best weapons
>>
Real answer: Fawkes is the best weapon. Super mutants were designed to be the ultimate living weapons, so canonically having one by your side is the best weapon.
>>
>>336306484
Yeah, I know that. I'm just trying to get a list of weapons for fallout 3.
>>
Gauss Rifle
>>
>>336306551
Fawkes is only good in Broken Steel when his health bugs out and makes him immortal
>>
>>336305393
the BB gun.
>>
>>336307490
My companion won't enter the chamber.
>>
Unique weapons. That was my favorite part of 3/NV, finding/using all the unique weapons, which is why I hated FO4 for making them generic legendary enemy drop bullshit
>>
Literally only weapon I remember is MIRV and that lightning launcher in Broken Steel.

MIRV is a Fatman Launcher that shoots 8 nukes at a time and is mostly there for shits and giggles as you'll never feasibly get enough ammo for it or launch it at a far enough distance without get yourself hurt. The lightning launcher is alright, I think it one shots Vertibirds

Honestly I just used the Riot Shotgun and never let go.
>>
>>336305393
The Terrible Shotgun, I'm serious. That and the Lincoln Repeater.
>>
>>336307872
These, and the Xuanlong assault rifle
>>
>>336305393
Hunting rifle is fantastic for the the majority of your needs
>>
>>336305393
Energy weapons are the best IMO. There is a sidequest where you have to track down a synth. It nets you a plasma gun that has a huge crit chance and a 60% on crit chance to instakill people. Stack luck and that perk where killing someone in VATS restores all your ap and you will be able to take down armies.
>>
File: fuck you buddy.jpg (44 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fuck you buddy.jpg
44 KB, 800x600
>>336307581
But it's your destiny to die in that tube
>>
>>336307972
>Ol' painless
>>
>>336308057
Well, He may say it is.

But i choose not to.
>>
The real answer is to get the mod that combines new vegas and fallout 3 so you can get the items from both games in a single playthrough
>>
>>336308287
Well. No and Yes.

That isn't really the best weapons from fallout 3 is it?
>>
>>336305393
Don't forget to grab yourself the Chinese sneaking suit and electrified sword.

>>336307984
I love luck builds. Are there any other RPGs where luck builds are fun and viable?
>>
>>336305393
Lincolns repeater is the only real way to go. It's GOAT. But really any unique weapon you find aside from melee weapons are good and fun to use. Plus it's fun to find them.
>>
>>336308157
Then you are a selfish, evil man for forcing that poor woman into the tube to melt in your stead
>>
>>336305393
The Hunting Rifle can carry you through the entire game and can be found just out the school in the starting town.
>>336308447
If it counts I had a pretty fun reverse-luck build in Fallout 2, 1 luck with Jinxed, only used unarmed weapons so I wouldn't drop them, meanwhile just about every enemy would drop their gun, hit an ally, themselves, or destroy their ammo. Only downside was I accidentally crippled myself fairly often in the early game.
>>
I always bolt to the Republic of Dave and grab Ol Painless. Great early game weapon.
>>
>>336307581

>not having RL-3

commie
>>
>>336305393
that plasma rifle you get from the quest where you give that android a face is fucking broke.
>>
>>336307737
Most unique weapons in FO3 don't even have unique model and texture.
>>
hunting rifle is pretty good for awhile, combat shotgun too. best gun i think is the magnum rifle which i forget the name of.

F3 has a lot of shit guns in it which kinda sucked.
>>
ol'painless

any other answer is wrong
>>
>>336305393
Don't use weapons, speech your way through the entire game like a cool guy pacifist
>>
>>336309105
>being neutral

More effort than it's worth
>>
do you have DLC? I'm a fan of the Infiltrator/Perferator from The Pitt.
>>
File: ReqYmRE.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ReqYmRE.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>336309912

>not getting him while neutral and becoming good later
>>
File: cry.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>>336308157
>Forcing Sarah into it
DON'T DO THIS
>>
>>336310292

I crawled my ass through Super Mutant Central and slaughtered everyone in the Enclave's HQ, so it's her turn to take on certain death. Hope she's as good at it as I am!
>>
>>336310785
But how can she die in there if its my destiny to die in there?

How can two people have the same destiny?
>>
>>336305393
I forget what it's called, but that gun that shoots railroad spikes.
>>
>>336310887
Agree to step in and then when Destiny isn't looking just sort of, shove her in
>>
File: 1451521507203.png (603 KB, 600x716) Image search: [Google]
1451521507203.png
603 KB, 600x716
The shitposting in these threads is constant and ever present. What could be simple discussion of an old game is baited with posts trying to get exposure of a game that constantly gets 500 poss threads for no good reason all the time.

F3 > NV and it's really that simple
>>
>>336308057
Just think. Somebody got paid to write that.
>>
>>336311472
Why'd he have to do it, anon? He was meant to be different. He was meant to be setting an example.
>>
>>336310909
Railway Rifle
>>
>>336311586

Not only that, he was given a "Best Writing" award for it too.
>>
>>336305393

Small guns for early game, big guns for late game. Energy weapons for specific edge-case scenarios involving DLC.

There's no other path that's nearly as effective. Make sure to tag repair and sneak as well, and have 9 or 10 int, depending if you want to grab the int bobblehead early. You can also skip about 1/3 of the main plot when you go to grab it, so that's a bonus too.
>>
>>336311831
The only Big Gun in 3 worth a damn is Fat Man and you don't really need Big Guns to use it.
>>
>Rivet City suddenly decides to get pissy for whatever reason still unknown
>End up murdering everyone on the ship save for the few essential faggots
I wish I could've killed them too. I don't even know what the fuck I did, I was just in the middle of that tiny ass market.
>>
>>336311901

Vengeance in vanilla and both tesla cannon and heavy incinerators in Broken Steel are excellent. Vengeance especially is enough to just casually walk through any endgame content without having to care what you're up against.
>>
>>336312164
Okay, I guess you're right. I tried using Missile Launcher and it sucked dick.
>>
>>336311831
Melee
>>
>>336312259

Yeah, they really do. The unique variant is even worse. That's why I said big guns only for late game, because beyond the ones I specified they all suck too hard to bother with. Plus, going to big guns only in late game means you can have stocked up on a lot of ammo, and not have to worry about getting fairly rare weapons to repair them with all game. Lets you use them much more freely.
>>
>>336312430

Melee is always sub optimal compared to other options. It's workable if you build for it, but then again so is basically every possible build.

Small guns, sneak, and repair is just so much simpler and easier for the early-to-mid game, there's just no comparison. *Every* other playstyle sucks in comparison. Only ever bother to do anything else if you're deliberately restricting yourself for roleplaying reasons.
>>
>>336311991
you were that the wrong time of day most likely anon, happened to me and i reacted the same way. Just reload one your saves that you make every 5 minutes in order to avoid dilemmas like this.
>>
>>336313403
>reloading when there's no consequences to his actions

He's not missing anything important by slaughtering those rubes
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.