[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/48104 /vivendi-buys-6-ubisoft-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1460591992816.jpg (123 KB, 614x1230) Image search: [Google]
1460591992816.jpg
123 KB, 614x1230
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/48104/vivendi-buys-6-ubisoft-stock-boss-unwelcome/index.html

>in your lifetime Ubisoft will be absorbed into Activision/Blizzard by Vivendi
>>
>>336302036
Would that be a good or a bad thing? I honestly can't tell
>>
>>336302903
Ubi still has some good games every now and then
>>
>>336302903

The 6.6% stock acquisition was done in a way that suggests an intent to conduct a hostile take over of Ubisoft.

>take current Ubisoft IPs
>rape them harder

Which probably doesn't really matter, since Ubisoft does that anyway; but my guess is that Vivendi wants a piece of the Assassin's Creed movie profits, so it wants to take over the company if the first movie ends up being a stellar success--as future successive movies will liekly do just as well.

Further, if Assassin's Creed succeeds, then this opens the door to Far Cry movies (remade and better), then eventually The Division being made into a film as well. Ubisoft has several IPs that if made correctly, in movie form, are a gold mine even larger than the games themselves.

Oh yeah, Prince of Persia; they can bring that back and make that into another game and movie--if successful, even more profits.
>>
>>336303221
Such as?

>>336303379
>take current Ubisoft IPs
>rape them harder
How can they even hope to accomplish that?
>>
File: Kbrad2.jpg (8 KB, 210x278) Image search: [Google]
Kbrad2.jpg
8 KB, 210x278
>>336303221
>still has some good games
>>
File: 1453492009058.jpg (70 KB, 436x600) Image search: [Google]
1453492009058.jpg
70 KB, 436x600
>ActiBlizzoft
>>
>>336303615

Take the Paradox route of DLCing the shit. But imagine the scenario where EA would DLC you a magazine in the heat of battle. Except Vivendi would enforce it as a reality, where EA only considered it as a fleeting hypothetical idea.
>>
>>336302036
Meh. Activision loves raping them wallets but the games aren't all that bad. But I'm pretty sure Vivendi doesn't own Activision anymore. So if they buy Ubisoft they'll turn into old rehash Activision not the new slightly more based Activision.
>>
>>336302036
>He doesnt know

Acti/Blizz buought themself outta that shit
>>
>>336303379
Game movies aren't a thing and will never be a thing. Capeshit is shit, yeah. But it had some creative people behind it. We aren't there yet. This movie projects are just left to die. Ratchet and Clank is bombing so hard.

If they're acquiring them is for that yearly AC rehash.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.