[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's not just nostalgia, 2004 to 2010 WoW was the golden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1462230293733.jpg (166 KB, 751x346) Image search: [Google]
1462230293733.jpg
166 KB, 751x346
It's not just nostalgia, 2004 to 2010 WoW was the golden times in not only WoW, but all of MMORPG history.

I would pay a $100/monthly subscription for a official vanilla server.
>>
>>336293169
>It's not just nostalgia
Sorry but it is anon.
>>
>>336293219
top shit post , no op is right and your a cunt.
>>
File: 1283060700997.jpg (304 KB, 670x509) Image search: [Google]
1283060700997.jpg
304 KB, 670x509
It'll never happen because you fags could never agree on what it should contain:

- Vanilla, BC, or Wrath?
- LFG enabled?
- Flying mounts, or no?
- Vanilla, BC, or Wrath skill trees?
- Which raid lockout model?
>>
>>336293169
>paying $1200/year for unbalanced as all fuck vanilla WoW

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff I'd love to bring back from those days, but...
>>
>>336293169
idk when people say they want to bring the community back, the community that was created because the game's mechanics forced you to do these things, it sounds like they just want to relive the good times when they first started. The game's fine right now as a singleplayer game. It's just people wanting to TALK to other people that's the problem.
>>
File: 1360461078537.gif (582 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
1360461078537.gif
582 KB, 500x293
>Tfw WoW was a trilogy
Shit sucks man, I was ready to play that game for the rest of my life.

Also a little sad the good parts of the story were always just finishing up Warcraft 3. I was ready to see how the plot would progress further than just finishing story arcs from the previous games, then it ended up being all Pandas and Time Travel.
>>
>>336293219
It's not.

I want the shittyness back.

I want the cancerous annoyance of walking 10 hours at level 32 to the other-side of the world to finish a quest line.

I want the inconvenience of not being able to learn certain spells because Im too poor at the time.

I want the epicness of collecting gear to come back.

I want the harshness of the world to come back.

I want the old MMORPG simple adventurer back, not the "HURR IM A HERO N.1 WORLD REVOLVES ROUND ME" crap.
>>
>>336293337
Vanilla
No LFG/LFR
No flying
Vanilla talent tree
Vanilla lock out model
40man raids
NO Cross-server realms or BGs.

Pretty fucking god damn simple.
>>
>>336293337
Start with vanilla as it started, maybe a few bugfix patches in, have the content patches come out with the same spacing they had before. Through the end of Lich King, probably minus the pre-cataclysm patch. When TBC first releases, release several more vanilla realms. When Wrath happens, release several more vanilla realms. After the proper amount of time of ICC and the Ruby Sanctum shut the server down with the option to transfer your characters to retail.
>>
>>336293169

>I would pay a $100/monthly subscription for a official vanilla server.

Delete this, if Actijewvision sees it, they're gonna go into maximum overjew mode.
>>
>>336293721
>Vanilla lock out model
The game aged like milk.
>>
>>336293169
You think you want it, but you don't.
>>
>>336293721
People just want this. Content as it was at it's peak, each expansion or at least progression that slowly adds those features over the course of months.
>>
>>336295398
Yeah, I'm glad I actually tried out a couple private servers already. Gave myself the reality check I needed.

I couldn't wait to get started in Vanilla all over again, and for the first 24 levels I was having a blast.
but then.....
>even with a decent community the world still felt empty in leveling zones
>leveling in Vanilla took 500 years, which is something I actually had forgot about before. All my memories were of already being max level.
Having to grind for hours just to go to from 23 to 24 may have been a badge of honor in the past but it hasn't aged well, and gets tediously boring quickly.

>you've played the content to death already
Its just hard to get excited from something you can still remember every nook and cranny of. The sense of wonder and excitement that made Vanilla WoW possibly the best experience in MMO history is gone and you can't get it back.
>everything about it is clearly dated which is something your brain will process now.

I could go on but I don't want to make a TL;DR post.
however
TL;DR: Go play a private server right now and break yourself of your nostalgia so you don't get tricked by Blizzard again.
>>
>>336296618
played on nostalrius for over a year, though i was getting bored of it
>>
>>336296618
No you're just a normal-faggot who wants all the Quality of Life changes.

You act as if we don't fucking remember the inconvenience and frustration. I am fucking sick of faggots like you acting all high and mighty acting AS IF WE DONT FUCKING REMEMBER.

Private servers are always are a horrible example you stupid fuck, they're not the official game like it was back then. You can go on a fucking WOD private server right now and it'll be trash compared to live WOD. PRIVATE SERVERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SHIT REGARDLESS OF THE GAME. Emulations are just flat out horrible. The only emulation I'd ever play would be a fucking gameboy game from the 90s, and even then, those emulations are still not perfect.

My fucking lord how I hate people like you.
>>
>>336296789
The only way I would pay Blizzard is if they made a progressive sever that started with Vanilla and progressed to WOTLK over the span of a few years.

A Dynamic server could be interesting. But even then I realize ultimately its just trying to re-live former glory and would likely end up a disappointment for everyone.

Best just to leave WoW as a memory and move on.
>>
File: 1336963238919.jpg (322 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
1336963238919.jpg
322 KB, 792x825
>>336296618
>Go back to vanilla
>Had previously gotten the explorer achievement, have seen every nook and cranny of the world
>Walking around on foot, going all over the world for quests, and having to actually go to the instances opened up the world to me all over again after years of flying over everything in retail
>Run into people all the time to group up for quests with on not even the populated of the two Kronos servers, though IDK if that will keep up levels 30+

>Grinding for hours just to get to 24 from 23
Maybe you are just bad? I got to 23 on my Kronos mage in a day and a half of game time, including keeping up with my professions and a bit of fucking around in PvP. I'm already a good 1/4 of the way through 23/ easy. I could have been mistaking in thinking Kronos was x1 but I dont think I am.

The joy of coordinating WC and RFC with some strangers trumped any experience i have had in WoW since Wrath. It was so refreshing after dungeons got turned into a boring easy chore by LFD. The mechanics are a bit rusty compared to modern WoW, but WoW was never about the mechanics, it was about the whole experience coming together. Which at this point I feel confident in saying that it's pretty timeless.

In the first 5 levels where I couldn't use chat channels I communicated with players more than I did 90-100 in WoD.
>>
>>336297015
You are fucking retarded, I probably shouldn't even waste my time replying but its clear you've never actually tried a good private server.
There is not much difference between a well managed private server and a Blizzard live server.
The main difference is: there are more people on a live server.
But do you actually believe tons of people want to play Vanilla WoW in 2016? LOL

>we don't remember
Im not saying you don't remember them, Im saying you aren't going to have fun playing a game that has 1/4th the community + those same inconveniences. You're going to see Vanilla in a new light, the rawest light. A light in which the game ISN'T popular. What your nostalgia is forgetting a big reason Vanilla was "good" is because it was fairly popular and the community was good.

If you think a legacy server has a lot of interest you're wrong. Its mostly the same few faggots (such as yourself) who cry for it. Maybe 100,000 people (if you're lucky) would play Vanilla live again, and half of those would get bored in 6 months. That ain't shit, and trying to find groups and raids is going to be hell depending on your play times.

>my fucking lord how I hate people like you
yeah I know, it sucks when someone has to ruin your nostalgia based naivety with logical thinking.
RAWR!
>>
People not understanding that they have aged out of this game, as opposed to the game becoming shit, let it go you're what 30 now?
>>
>>336297513
Like sure, you remember the Barrens, it's the barrens right? Open plains, Zvhera Hooves, Mankirk, the cross roads.

But do you remember how pretty the wailing caverns looks? The treacherous feeling that going up Dreadmist Peak has? Or how awesome the sun setting on the pines of the Mor'shan Rampart in the distance looks? The game being sped up so much makes us completely lose these things.

Vanilla's pacing and game design makes you look at the game's world and fall in love with it in a way that no other iteration of WoW does.
>>
>>336297812
>The same Blizzfag astroturfing spheal as usual
>"RAWR!"
Commit suicide
>>
Playing on private servers right now is a waste of time now that Blizzard finally give in and release own Legacy servers
>>
>>336298235
>blizzfag
I don't play any Blizzard games. I clearly advocated not giving any money to Blizzard in the first place.

You're advocating to pay Blizzard for legacy servers.
>he won't play it for free right now on a private server because it doesn't have Blizzard on it.
lel

You are reaching levels of stupidity and ignorance that shouldn't be possible. The perfect customer for a Blizzard product! Enjoy your dead legacy server, only $25 per month!
It will be way different if you pay for it!
>>
File: 1362194864229.png (135 KB, 334x428) Image search: [Google]
1362194864229.png
135 KB, 334x428
>>336298530
>I don't play any Blizzard games, but trust my authoritative tone on the subject
>Also earlier mentions playing vanilla
>assuming with all the multiple replies your b8 has been getting that I am the same person
>>
>>336297812
You make a good point, but 50000 people playing would make four filled servers.
Isnt that enough?
>rawr
Kill yourself with all due haste you fucking nigger.
>>
>>336298775
>grasping at straws
>being this retarded
You got BTFO, deal with it.

As someone said, what are you like 30? How can you be this pathetic.
You're clearly being as devoid of logic as possible as a defense mechanism, but its just funny. Enjoy your wizardry, and diabetes you miserable cunt.
>>
>>336299082
>19c has been deposited into your account
>>
>>336298920
>>336298235
>doesn't understand mockery
why are Vanilla players so stupid?

Im going to monitor this thread just for amusement of how clueless your average neckbeard is.
Guess thats why you guys still play the same outdated video game eh?
Not very clever, a special brand of autism.
>>
>>336298920
>but 50000 people playing would make four filled servers.
>Isnt that enough?
Its more full servers than retail wow has right now :^)
>>
>>336299171
>I know you said not to give money to Blizzard
>thats why you're a Blizzdrone!
>oh yeah, well if you don't play Blizzard games how did you play Vanilla on a private server!
>hah gotcha!
lol, you are easily the stupidest person ive ever met. Keep posting.
>>
>>336299548
__________>19c has been deposited into your account_______
>>
>>336297513
Iktfb

I got the Explorer achievement solo when it was just released as a level 1. I gained xp through discovery so I can't remember what level I was when I finished, but it was still one of the most tedious but rewarding thing I've ever done. Good times.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.