[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A non-biased look at the advantages of both the Playstation 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: xbro vs psbore.png (136 KB, 1000x971) Image search: [Google]
xbro vs psbore.png
136 KB, 1000x971
A non-biased look at the advantages of both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One
>>
Didn't lionhead close?
>>
>>336290548
Of course, PC is excluded because it would be unfair
>>
>>336290548
No mention of the backcompat for bone and that you can literally plug an ssd or hdd into the bone and use it from there with no needed software
>>
>>336290892
And you can also use Netflix and shit without an xbl subscription
>>
>>336290858
Not really, there are plenty of advantages consoles have over PC.
>>
>>336290548
>anything not related to video games

>advantage
>>
>ability to stream listed as a pro

Nobody but the most autistic kids will watch some random ass fool stream a game.

One day, they may outnumber the non-autistic, and streaming will be a slightly bigger deal, but we are not there yet.

Fuck your streams. Literally no one cares.
>>
The Sony streaming service is called PS Now.
PS Plus is the subscription needed to access multiplayer but you get a few free games monthly (for PS4, PS3 and Vita). Xbox Live is the same thing but $10 more.
>>
>one is titled "advantages" while the other is "pros"
Take your subtle trickery somewhere else you <console>drone.
>>
>>336291132
>price

>ease of use

>games often optimized for console with pc ports as an afterthought

That is it. The first one is debatable when you consider the specs of the console vs a pc of the same price.

The third is subjective since the person in question may or may not like console/pc games.

That leaves you with ease of use. Hope your proud of your simplified babby computer.
>>
>>336290548
The PS4 had twitch streaming before the Xbox One did, it also has Youtube gaming and Ustream which last I checked the Xbone doesn't have.
You can't stream PS1 or PS2 games to any Sony platform. You can download SOME PS2 games on PS4.

Xbox Live Gold is no longer required to use media apps on Xbox.
Lionhead doesn't exist anymore
Integration with live tv is hardly seamless, it stutters if you snap a media app and play a game, including the HDMI input
>>
>>336290548
You can use external HDD on the Xbone

The Xbone is now cheaper

This seems to be a very launch 2013 list
>>
>>336291132
Like? Let's make a list for PC
> Exclusive games from literally hundreds of indies, and exclusives from big publishers too such as Take-2
> Seamless integration with the internet and all work programs
> Use any controller
> Stream and upload to Youtube AND Twitch at the same time and even smaller sites
> Literally thousands of exclusives old and new
> Steam never ever goes down for more than a few minutes, it's free and gets regular huge sales
> Multimedia integration with EVERYTHING
> Want power? You got it. Want to be able to play indie games and classics from 1995? That'll be $200.
> Removeable/upgradeable EVERYTHING
>>
>>336291634
>This seems to be a very launch 2013 list
it's not accurate at all though, even for launch
>>
>>336291672
emulation would count too right?
>>
>>336291719
it's all accurate execept the price you dumb fuck. if one service ALSO has something it doesn't make the other one false.
>>
>>336291872
No it's not

PS4 did not have PS1 or PS2 game support at launch, it STILL doesn't have PS1 support.
Xbox One didn't have Twitch streaming support at launch, while the PS4 did. Despite this, Twitch is listed as an Xbox One advantage.
If you've ever used snap on the Xbox One, it's hardly seamless. Every media app I've ever tried lags if you're playing a game.
>>
>>336291872
not the same anon, but its so obviously linked around the goodwill and negativity sony was getting

>TIMED EXCLUSIVE DLC FOR XBONE
>FREE BONUS CONTENT FOR PLAYSTATION!!!

I'm seriously not trying to start a console warrior fight here (really, you want to fight about DLC?) but you can tell how this has played out in the year 2016.
>>
>>336290548
Why doesn't the ps4 have reliable servers and a huge community via playstation plus?
>>
>>336293615
because the image is stupid and gets multiple things wrong on both sides
>>
>Lionhead
kek
>>
>>
>>336291572
price is more on consoles. you need to pay a $60 subscription to play your games, an games are overpriced. plus you have to rebuy all your games each gen (HD remakes)
>>
>>336293615
ps4 servers aren't as reliable.
>>
>>336293615
because psn is a pile of garbage. it's seriously a fucking joke. i have both systems and the playstation store and download speed have been 1999-tier for me lately. #4theplayers
>>
>>336294093
this isn't accurate, Xbox Live has had a lot of issues over the last year. The days of 360 stability are gone.
>>
CONSOLES:
+can play on TV
+more confortable
+controllers are made for gaming, Keyboards arent
+you dont have to spend $1000's to run new games
+you dont have so upgrade every year
+couch gaming is more social
+you cant get a virus
+it just feels right
>>
>>336294176
But it runs on linux, don't it?
>>
>>336293981
I do keyboard/mouse at desk and controller games on the couch.

My setup is nicely done. I have a program where I hit a keybind and it switches everything to the TV and stereo. Another keybind switches it back to the desk and desktop speakers.

Also a wireless keyboard and mouse for the couch so I can still alt+tab and use Skype or shitpost on /v/ from the couch.

If you can manage to get a desk and a TV in the same room, PC gaming is really nice for couch gaming too. Or you can just do exclusive couch gaming with it, but not every PC game supports controllers. The majority do now, though, as long as you don't want to play strategy or management games.
>>
when they factor price on ' ps4 is cheaper' statements, they mean new right? Cause I can't seem to find a used ps4 cheaper then a used xbone.
>>
>>336294241
(you)
>>
How long until Xbox One Slim?
>>
>>336294460
they're referring to their launch prices, PS4 was $399 and Xbox One was $499
>>
>>336294092
Don't forget that everyone has a computer anyway. Combine the price of a console with the price of their laptop versus just buying one machine that does both better.
>>
>>336290548
I by my consoles for:
>television
nope
>streaming
no again
>dlc
nuh ah
>multimedia
no
>kinect
big fat no
>social networking
NO
>touchpads on the controller
fuck no
>uploading youtube videos
naw
>free "content"
uhhh nope
>ps plus
>free
that's not how money works
>multimedia
no again
>power
>consoles
lol
>cheaper
it's not.
>removable/upgradable hdd
because i want to sink more money into these nogames machines. no thanks.
>>
>>336294241
>CONSOLES:
>+can play on TV
so can a PC
>+more confortable
same shit as a PC
>+controllers are made for gaming, Keyboards arent
on a PC you can use what ever controller you want
>+you dont have to spend $1000's to run new games
false
>+you dont have so upgrade every year
nice meme
>+couch gaming is more social
so I can't sit on a couch with my PC either?
>+you cant get a virus
why would you get a virus on PC?
>+it just feels right
what ever this shit means
>>
>>336292073
>it STILL doesn't have PS1 support.
Probably cuz they want the PS3 to have it's own speshul feature. When they kill the PS3 off like m$ did with three shitty, it'll probably become available to PS4 users, and since it's tied to PS account all PS3 shit will transfer over. Only a matter of time.
>>
>>336294241
>CONSOLES:
>+can play on TV
typing this in front of a TV
>+more confortable
didn't realize we wear our game systems now
and you can use both on PC, friendo
i pirate whatever on this $700 shitbox i built 8 years ago. still playing current games at console resolution for free.
last thing I put in this was a $100 2gb graphics card. (what you paid for a special edition of a game) keep graspin.
i have a couch behind me and a nice sized tv. stay poor.
>+you cant get a virus
no, instead your info gets breached
>+it just feels right
if you say so.
>>
>>336294750
>Probably cuz they want the PS3 to have it's own speshul feature
So why does the Xbox One not support original Xbox games?

It's because Sony and MS know there's not much money in it.
>>
>>336294842
>So why does the Xbox One not support original Xbox games?
two reasons

1. they can rehash those games and charge you again for them

2. hardware architecture limits porting or compatibility
>>
>>336291672
DELETE THIS!1!!!
>>
>>336294241
>Autism the post

>+can play on TV
What is an HDMI cable for $300, Alex.
>+more confortable
Learn to fucking spell, you can use your PC anywhere you can use your console. Fuck.
Then plug a controller in you fucking dunce?
Tell that to the PS Neo and PS VR. To have full access to the Sony library this gen you'll be investing $1400 after all peripherals for a -single- player and default HDD.
PS Neo says otherwise.
Plug your PC into your TV. Damn that's hard. Or stream it wirelessly to your TV. Wow magical.
+you cant get a virus
This isn't the 90s.
+it just feels right
If you're a massive faggot, I'm sure it does.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 1000x170) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 1000x170
Fixed it.
Xbox One has some old games too you didn't include that.
>>
>>336294931
>2. hardware architecture limits porting or compatibility
not likely, the PSP, PS3, and Vita were able to emulate the PS1 easily. There's no reason the PS4 couldn't do it too.

The Xbox One is literally x86 with DirectX 11 class graphics hardware. All DX revisions are backwards compatible, so making original Xbox games could easily be made to run on the Xbox One if Microsoft cared. They don't though because compared to the 360, the original Xbox was not popular.
>>
>>336295415
If it isn't COD then the fans don't care about backwards compatibility
>>
>>336295415
even though the original Xbox was x86, it didn't have the same functionality and instruction sets as a modern processor neither now nor at the time
>>
>>336295217
PS1 and PS2 games are available on PC. Remove that.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (114 KB, 873x491) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
114 KB, 873x491
Imagine being so butthurt over the "I like to game on a couch so I go console" meme that you take a picture of yourself playing a PC game on a TV with a controller
>>
>>336294842
probably because it's not worth the effort. there's not as much interest for it as some of those ps2 games people get all rose tinted glasses with.

>>336295217
xbox one plays many 360 games without having to pay for them like sonyjew makes you do with even older games.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 1000x137) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 1000x137
>>336295564
Shit dude this is close.
>>
>>336295628
>I like to game on a couch so I go console
imagine being so retarded that you actually use this as an argument. i can't even image. maybe you can.
>>
>PCucks ruin yet another thread
>b-b-but emulation!
Every single time.
>>
>>336295525
>it didn't have the same functionality and instruction sets as a modern processor neither now nor at the time
So what? That doesn't matter at all.

Every x86 processor in existence includes all of the old x86 instructions as well as new ones. Any instruction the original Xbox supported, the Xbox One's CPU supports.
>>
File: 1442613726544.jpg (54 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1442613726544.jpg
54 KB, 395x401
>>336295671
>ps4
>games
>>
>>336295860
>So what? That doesn't matter at all.
It does

When an Xbox processor can't run the same instruction sets, the game isn't designed around that compatibility. It means emulation isn't just magically able because you have similar architectures.
>>
>>336290548
xbox live and PSN are both equally garbage
>>
>>336296031
you're an idiot

every new x86 processor supports every instruction of previous gen x86 processors.
>>
>>336296102
How?
>>
>>336295921
It has two.
>>
>>336296230
They do literally nothing yet you pay for it.
>>
>>336296132
Actually they don't. The original Xbox used a custom Pentium 3 at some 755mhz.

What exactly was custom about this Xbox I don't really know but I bet its some kind of custom make with a certain amount of cache or even as far as a unique instruction set to it.

an AMD-8350 (while not a jaguar CPU) can't do IA-32 which the original P3 can do. It can't do i386 so if there are any processes or things that revolve around this. You're stuck waiting for an emulator or some kind of compatible thing.
>>
>>336296556
Microsoft would have no trouble getting original Xbox games to run on the Xbox One, they got 360 games to run on the x86 and it was a PowerPC platform that was vastly more powerful than the original Xbox.
>>
>>336297156
>they got 360 games to run
Because they either ported it like they did with old 360 and PC games or they actually have an emulator in software or some kind of virtual set up
>>
>>336295196
>>336294835
>>336294730
Why do you faggots always take such obvious bait?
>>336294567
And you're the biggest faggot, typing (You) doesn't mean you didn't get baited.
>>
>>336290548
that image needs to be updated, on both sides.
>>
>>336290548
>bone pros
>games from """"rare,"""" 343, closed, literally who
sounds like cons OP
>>
>Accelerometers on controller triggers

What the fuck? Does this even have a purpose in any video games? I can't think of a single reason why a game might care about whether or not you smashed those triggers or simply pulled them gently.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.