[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Hitman thread since the last one reached the limit. Get in here!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Hitman.jpg (40 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Hitman.jpg
40 KB, 700x500
New Hitman thread since the last one reached the limit. Get in here!
>>
>>336285609
first for good game but dead series
>>
>>336286527
I'll wait for them to stop talking about season 2 before I believe it's dead
>>
>"Although the game is notorious with its DRM feature, I've only been disconnected during gameplay three times"
>"Each episode/level is set to release monthly. I personally feel the game was released in an "unfinished" state, although post-release updates have fixed certain bugs"
>"recommended"

I love how even the positive reviews make it sound like this game is a complete trainwreck
>>
>>336286527
>dead series
this tbqh
i want hitman style game but it must be something new
>>
File: 1456998241124.png (7 KB, 424x424) Image search: [Google]
1456998241124.png
7 KB, 424x424
>>336287464
>but it must be something new

Open world Hitman?
>>
>>336287924
I think he means that we need more social stealth games in general, which I agree with.

Stuff like Death To Spies and Yandere Simulator is a start, but we really need more.
>>
>>336287924
A Hitmanlike set in a single open world instead of separate individual levels might actually work pretty well, depending on how well the world was built. Something where every NPC is a character with a routine, not like most open world games where it spawns in randomized pedestrian NPCs that despawn later. Probably couldn't be quite as large as most open world games. I imagine the character would probably be not nearly as much of a dramatic world-class assassin as 47, just some local yokel schmuck doing hits in one city.

I'd want to see someone else do it, though. It's not something I'd like the actual Hitman games to do.
>>
>>336285609
Didn't the newest one release recently or something?
>>
>>336285609

missed the last thread.

how is the game on offline mode? i heard that they have essentially buttfucked the save system and i'd prefer to skip the online bullshit

also, i heard that the graphics settings were fucked
>>
>>336289029
The game works fine in offline mode, but you have no access to unlocked items. That means no sniper rifles at all, no poison unless you find it on the level, no remote bombs unless there's one to find in the level. Takes a lot out of it, but it is playable.
>>
File: 17891.png (214 KB, 488x391) Image search: [Google]
17891.png
214 KB, 488x391
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GnEFC-CnY

I put 47 spices in the pasta still tastes like ashes in my mouth
I hang my head and cry when I think of spaghetti bolognese that you've made for us both
that summer night in Napoli with the alleycats serenading our love
Now I prowl the streets around your house like a beast in the night you are all that I'm thinking of
>AH, AH, AH...
I stand outside your window pleading
>AH, AH, AH...
Won't you hear me, won't you see

RITORNARE I'm begging you come back to me
RITORNARE I follow you, I'm watching you
RITORNARE Come back to me or I will find 47 ways to make you mine

The taste of wine turns bitter on my tongue
There were candles burning when we made love
I see you lighting candles now as you feed the peasant whose dirty hands soil the table cloth
>AH, AH, AH...
I watched that swine drink to his fill
>AH, AH, AH...
Get rid of him or I swear I will

RITORNARE I'm begging you come back to me
RITORNARE I follow you, I'm watching you
RITORNARE I'm seeking you, thinking of 47 ways to make you pay
>>
WHY IS IT SO BADLY OPTIMIZED? IT RUNS ON A 1.6GHZ TABLET CPU AND AN R7 260!
>>
I got an extra code ill post when i get off work if this threads still alive
>>
>>336289353
thats pretty fucking gay tbqh
>>
>>336289725
>IT RUNS ON A 1.6GHZ TABLET CPU AND AN R7 260!

At 25fps.

Lock the fps to 30 and see how much better it feels.
>>
>>336290920
whoa.... so THIS............
>>
>>336287464
>>336287924
>>336288469
>>336288532
I know it's autistic, but I actually have a text file lying around of all sorts of ideas for alternative Hitman/social stealth game ideas. Besides the obligatory open-world/single map, some (very brief summaries, the character limit's gonna stop me from explaining them in-depth) others I've had:
*Procedurally generated/randomized maps (probably impossible; pic related was something I was tossing around for it)
*As an extension of this, maps that can only be played legit once, but you can 'case' them in advance. Imagine knowing in a month there's going to be an event at a stadium with the target, so you go to shows there by shitty bands. Only some of the guards spawn for these smaller events, but by going to multiple events you can start to assemble a picture of what the complete guard setup might look like. Instead of just selecting a drop-off point in the level, you yourself can hide items in advance for later use.
*Multiple characters (imagine arranging a distraction with one character, then swapping to another to snipe the target while the other continues to distract)
*Co-op (as above, but with another player instead of swapping to a new character)
*Character customization (upgrade lock picking skill, use of costumes, use of standard stealth, unlock things like homemade suppressors) (imagine, with multiple chars, speccing one guy to be a Suit Only splinter cell-style stealth infiltrator, another to be a costume guy, and a third to be your sniper, while your friend does an explosives expert and a poison expert (imagine permadeath with this, and having to choose who to sacrifice when a mission starts to go wrong, and then later having to pick between some initial recruits with some randomized starting stats to see who might best be groomed into a replacement)

Never gonna anything with these, but it's fun to think about.

If anybody has their own ideas they'd like to talk about, I'm really interested in hearing them.
>>
>>336291910
not reading all that shit u fag
>>
>>336290361
>>336289353
Imagine when the servers get taken down for good.
>>
>>336293296
They'll probably add mastery levels to offline mode once the full game is out.
>>
>>336290920
>>336291039
It's almost solidly at 30fps the entire rest if the video, and decently above that without the cap.

Horrible PC optimization.
>>
>>336293640
I imagine, given the amount of complaint they've gotten, they probably would have said something about it to try and calm people down. I'm not saying they won't but I'm not sure it's a safe bet either.
>>
>>336294268
They already made it so losing a connection doesn't automatically boot you from the level you were playing. Hopefully SE release its a retarded idea.
>>
>>336293640
I sincearly doubt that
>>
>#KillBusey
>if new Hitman could play its cards right there might be a (marginally small) chance of #KillDanielCraig someday

https://youtu.be/elooAlXOJbI
>>
>>336289589
kek
>>
>>336294268
that would undermine any premise under which they would justify the soft DRM of online locked content in the meantime.
>>
Just realized the USA target is likely going to be a movie star name Eno B something.
There is a convo in Paris of the two news agency people where a guy mentions his films, I would bet that's world building for a Hollywood target.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.