[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: 2.jpg (33 KB, 265x375) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
33 KB, 265x375
What went right?
>>
I made a kawaii pandaren waifu mage.
That's what went right~ :3
>>
Good thread.
>>
File: tumbleweed3.jpg (252 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
tumbleweed3.jpg
252 KB, 960x720
>>
Some semblance of non-instanced content.
>>
Wilstar > wow
>>
>>336283947
I guess the zones looked nice.
>>
>>336287213
That's why it's dead, right?
>>
>Daily quest rep grinds
>"rare" spawn hunting islands
>a year of orcs
>forgettable zones, except for the ones that were jammed down your throat from daily grinding
>excessive ilvl gating

Only good thing was green fire, the rest was shit
>>
>>336283947
Battle pets
flying disabled areas where both factions were forced to compete
Raids were above average
the way world bosses worked(i literally did not know world bosses existed in WoD for over 2 months)
Farmville if you liked that kind of thing(I did)
The way cooking worked with the different specs
The way you, at first, bought recipies with BoP items, and then later learned them randomly by crafting
Tons of daily content
Best beast race ever with the klaxxi(they loved you, and begged you to join them)
>>
>>336287213
wildstar's core gameplay was pretty bad, every class was builder/finisher/proc, the only choices you had were different shape techs that didn't really matter because one always did more damage
>>
Isle of Thunder - Zone which you fight against the other faction, complete daily objectives, hunt rares, hunt treasure around the island.

This was the pinnacle of WoW in MoP.
>>
File: 1457227528780.jpg (32 KB, 640x466) Image search: [Google]
1457227528780.jpg
32 KB, 640x466
>there will never be a Warcraft IV
>>
>>336286239
>tfw a solo event in MoP created more world community than anything since lfg
>>
Throne of Thunder and Pandaren.
>>
With the whole free WoD thing would it be worth subbing for a month or so and just seeing how levelling content is these days? Haven't played since maybe WOTLK so I'm curious to see what things are like now, maybe get a character ready in case Legion is worthwhile
>>
nothing. hang yourself blizzdrone
>>
World bosses were a nice gimmick
>>
>>336291935
If you pick a tank class, the fastest way you can level 1-60 is by soloing dungeons. I'm not kidding. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>336291935
No.
>>
>>336283947
The music was good
>>
I like a lot of the mounts added in Mist and enjoyed Timeless Isles with guildmates on our previous, pvp, realm.

Doesn't make up for the least enjoyable dungeons and raids, save Siege.
>>
>>336292512
And after that TBC and Wrath queues are instant and a face roll. Tank is by far the fastest role to level.
>>
>>336294969
Until you hit fucking Cata and Mist dungeons and it's the same 2 dungeons for 3 levels.
>>
>>336283947
Raids were decent. SoO isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.
If only it didn't last as long as it did.

Music was pretty nice, albeit a bit generic.

Monks were fun as fuck to play, even though they were slightly more powerful than other classes in pvp.

It wasn't a super awesome expansion, but it was surely much better than Cata and WoD.
>>
>>336295309
Thankfully at that point you only have to complete a zone and 1/2 to move on.
>>
Music, comfortable setting and despite LFR and LFG you still had incentive to get out into the world a bit.

Also challenge modes were fun as fuck, especially carrying 9/9 silver oqueue groups to 9/9 gold and seeing how happy they got.
>>
>>336283947
Cute male pandas.
>>
Post your qt panda :3
>>
File: 1461423332979.png (317 KB, 568x637) Image search: [Google]
1461423332979.png
317 KB, 568x637
>>336300039
Why?
>>
>>336300615
Why not?
>>
>>336287784
You were a disposable tool for the klaxxi. That's what most of Dread Wastes was about: you knew all along that you were helping future villains, even if it was necessary for the current conflict (the sha of fear and the mantid empress).
>>
>>336301215
Of course we knew. They always said if their god returned, they would have to follow him.

They still however begged you to join them, they still loved you.
>>
>>336283947

Raids(Lei Shen 25hc was amazing)
Challenge mode boosts
Monks(brm is the most fun I've had tanking a long time)
>>
>>336295874
Visual design wise, Throne of Thunder is the best WoW raid along with Ulduar.
Everything else about it was great too.
>>
The environment was really nice. Jade forest was fucking beautiful as shit. Quests were nice, not great, but nice. Even though I hate playing as Monks, their starting zone was a fun experience, the only zone that tops it is DK zone.

Panadas should have never existed.

otherwise i don't know. I didn't play during mop
>>
File: Blizzard Profits.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard Profits.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
I want a Panda wife for my human paladin
>>
>good raids
>shit to do in the world itself
>Brawler's Guild

I liked the expansion.
>>
>>336283947

Music
Art
Achitecture
Colors
Quests
Raids
Patch islands
Challenge Modes
>>
MoP is the first time i almost gave up and resubbed,it looked so good and comfy, i don't get the hate, maybe some day i'll understand when a private server pops up.
Also i really dig the new models WoD introduced.
>>
i liked arms warriors. shame blizz didnt
>>
>>336291935
what free wod thing u talkin bout
>>
>>336283947
I absolutely loved the art style and music.

Every class felt unique and had multiple abilities to use in different situations.

The story line (while admittedly I was hesitant and skeptical of at first) was well thought out, engaging, and created an interesting scenario that wasnt just "ORCS AND DEMONS REEE"

Doing the Cloud serpent dailies were comfy and I absolutely loved listening to music and searching for eggs, while feeling nostalgic for the netherwing questline.

The only reason MoP wasnt regarded as one of the best expacs ever was the infamous SoO content drought and no one thought it could get worse.
>>
>>336303387

Retards that didn't like pandas and avoided it just for that.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.