[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do people hate CS:GO again? Is /v/ just that terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16
File: CSGo.png (519 KB, 940x400) Image search: [Google]
CSGo.png
519 KB, 940x400
So why do people hate CS:GO again?
Is /v/ just that terrible at games they can't expand past Cawodote?
>>
>>336280432
>playing any valve game after 2010
>>
A recoil and movement system that penalizes accuracy in a rather abstruse manner + HitReg issues that crop up in a fraction of a percent of cases, but make for great rage videos when they do = Lots of scrubs with lots of excuses
>>
>>336280432
Things I feel are wrong with CS:GO
>RNG elements even on first shot
>No visual representation of what the game mechanics actually employ, making for a jarring experience where very little of what you see in game is indicative of what's actually happening
>Tons of stupid mechanics that can give players stupid advantages like one sided smokes
>Even more stupid shit that ruins skillful plays like grenades getting huge damage blocks due to map geometry even on a perfect nade throw
>Despite so many iterations still fails at producing a solid weapon balance

It's not a bad game, but it's overplayed and praised to shit.
>>
>>336280432
>end up 3° deatmach going only knife while laffin like a retard along others
>go to casul and get fucked because a guy shot me on the foot and registered a headshot while getting flammed for 10 mins straight
?????
Game is fun just like old cs, e-sport and tryhards ruined it
>>
because they are COD fags who get mad that guns actually have recoil
>>
>>336280937
Not sure why moving and shooting/spraying shouldn't reduce accuracy, anon
>>
It's literally worse than COD.
Insurgency is what CSGO should be.
But I'll take RO2 over that.

I really hate the WOW-grip CSGO has, it's an awful fucking game.
>>
>>336280432
Had this thread hundreds of times OP. /v/ can not into csgo. This is not the place to talk about csgo, maybe go to /vg/.
>>
>>336281551
He's not saying it shouldn't, he's saying it is done in a really poor way, and as I posted here >>336281038 I certainly agree with him.

Where your gun is aimed, the crosshair, and even with a dynamic crosshair the spread and aiming relative to what you see are not at all the same. This is a fucking stupid way of doing it.

The proper way would be to model the visual recoil with where the bullets would actually be landing, letting a player know HOW to adjust their weapon.

This is the worst part of CSGO. Almost all of the small little mechanics that really add up are things you -can not- learn in game because there's nothing to actually let the player learn. Instead it simply gives you an end result of which you cannot fathom unless you've spent hours digging through wikis and youtube videos trying to understand the backwards logic bullshit of this game.
>>
>>336280432
>Is /v/ just that terrible at games
Have you seen the Star Fox Zero threads?

/v/ is fucking terrible at even children games

Not liking CSGO is understandable (it's definitely not Quake), but hating on CSGO is usually just autistic kids who get's mad at playing video games.
>>
>>336280432
maybe if the guns would shoot where you aim it'd be good.
>>
>>336282238
>it is done in a really poor way,
that must be why there are 330,000 people playing it right now
>>
>>336283189
popularity =/= quality

LoL, Hearthstone, Naruto, Twilight, etc.
>>
>>336283189
Oh look! It's Argumentum ad populum again! Good to see you! You haven't changed a bit, have you old friend?
>>
>>336283290
>popularity = always bad
>stop liking what i dont like
you're a little insecure, arent you?
>>
>>33628330
great desu, owning kids worldwide
>>
>>336280432
I personally hate it because it promotes unregulated gambling to children who have barely developed impulse control. The worst part is that it's the worst type of gambling because opening a case doesn't mean you have a 1/16(however many guns are in the cases) chance of getting a weapon. I have heard some stories from the 12 year old faggots that play the game. Hell even if someone is an adult, it can send them down the path of gambling. I honestly have no problem with other aspects of the game because most of it are present in other online games(smurfs/hackers/laggers etc.).
>>
>>336283471
CS:GO's popularity doesn't concern me at all. I'm just saying your argumentum ad populum is shit.

Apart from "muh recoil means it takes skill" I've yet to see an actual argument for CS:GO having quality ITT.
>>
>>336282238
The recoil is visual, look at the bullets coming out of your gun.
>>
>>336283760
Recoil is the least skill-based part of CSGO. It's all about knowing how to handle situations.
>>
>>336283839
Which you won't notice at longer ranges or locations involving multiple distances and surfaces that make it difficult to notice the decals. You especially will have no way to adjust in the middle of a fucking firefight.

Again, the only way to be even remotely sufficient in this game is to spend time OUTSIDE of the game. That's just a stupid fucking way to let players enjoy your game.
>>
>>336281038
>RNG on first shot
Nah man, only if you are moving you would incur that penalty.

>No visual representation of what the game mechanics actually employ, making for a jarring experience where very little of what you see in game is indicative of what's actually happening
Explain. Patterns are learned after you realize that bullets don't go where you are point at any time. Also there is a simple tutorial that explains that shit as well.

>Tons of stupid mechanics that can give players stupid advantages like one sided smokes
>Tons
>lists one
1 way smokes are not that hard to counter. They all have people standing at very specific spots, and even then it only works once.

>Even more stupid shit that ruins skillful plays like grenades getting huge damage blocks due to map geometry even on a perfect nade throw
Physics engine isn't perfect. This issue is very very non-existent in that there are very specific places for this to occur, it isn't something that'll happen out in the open like how usual games progress.

>Despite so many iterations still fails at producing a solid weapon balance
This is a progress that has been at work for a long time. Sure it's not perfect, but it isn't broken and it gives weapons their own strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>336280432
The community is retarded, the average player base is 15, you have to pay a monthly subscription if you don't want to be matched with retards half the time. I could go on.
>>
>>336284209
>Patterns are learned after
Again, that's my fucking point. You cannot adapt to your play while actually fucking playing. Everything is learned OUTSIDE of the game. This is just fucking stupid. Let a player learn his skills while he plays. CSGO just lets you play, and either rewards you or punishes you and you're never 100% sure as to why.

>They're easy to counter
I never said it was "OP plz nerf". It's just fucking stupid. Why should there ever be a mechanic that literally obstructs one player's view, but not another's? Shit is fucking dumb.

>It's not perfect
Yet games from like a fucking decade ago have had no problems modeling grenades without being 100% countered by the fucking map geometry. This isn't the case in CSGO where a fucking stair can make a point blank grenade in the face do no/minimal at best damage.

>Th-th-they'll fix it eventually!
Glad we're in agreement that the game has been out for ages and still can't even get fucking balance done even remotely well and if anything has been going fucking backwards.
>>
>>336284563
You play Deathmatch to learn some weapons and how they shoot in different situations, then you play casual so you don't die instatly.
It's a simple progression that you're complaining takes too long.
>>
>>336284883
Again, you won't actually see the decals of the shots in 90% of scenarios, much less during a fucking firefight between players.

The only way to understand the game's recoil is outside of the fucking game.
>>
>>336280432
the community is LoL tier now

shit was fun in 1.6 but now its just full of ego stroking shitters who think their rank matters
>>
>>336284968
That's not true, you just think that way because either you read it somewhere or it worked for you.
If you're talking about competitive level shot perfection, then yeah of course you're going to have to learn by repetition.
What the fuck are you even on about?
>>
File: slack_for_ios_upload-640x480.jpg (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
slack_for_ios_upload-640x480.jpg
85 KB, 640x480
>65% of the player base hacks
>99% of the player base cares more about skins than gameplay
>game isn't about good aim, it's about RNG and memorizing spray patterns or smokes
>>
>>336280432
Its the same phenomena you see with Smash Melee.

>muh 1.6

Fuck off
>>
>>336280432
I don't like shooters much but if I play them I prefer arena shooters. If I want to be competitive I prefer 1v1, I hate relying on other people to get stuff done.

I don't love the recoil system in CS but the number one issue I have with it is how much teamwork it requires. High level strategy involves running in knowing you might die but it will set up your ally.

Fuck that. Fuck having to rely on some random dude to know what he's doing.
>>
>>336283928
so preaiming slightly different corners at head levels on slightly different bomb sites on different maps
>>
Is this going to be yet another CSGO thread blaming RNG and then posting the same shitty 20 webms every time when only one of them is valid, At least it used to be but they fixed the fucking car on Banana.
>>
File: thats wrong jay.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thats wrong jay.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>was LEM
>log in recently
>now gold nova one

It's literally an MMO. You have to keep playing or they erase any progress you made.
>>
>>336285216
>of player base hacks

dont remind me. i only play casuals and they still feel the need to cheat.

game is normie tier and is now full of bronies and children, along with attention whore sluts
>>
File: 1411754138477.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1411754138477.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>336284209
GOtard defence force in action
>>
>>336285176
>What are you on about?
Uh, perhaps the fact it's twenty fucking sixteen and games can easily model visual recoil to let a player know how their weapon is fucking handling?

That perhaps intuitive, proper mechanics are still entirely skillful, but also allow the players to adapt and learn DURING play?

Every other FPS since the last decade has had zero problem doing proper gunplay. Why can't CS?
>>
Point at feet to get headshots: the game

It's a pretty fucking stupid mechanic.
Also the game has nothing strategic or tactical in the guns. It's either AK47 or M4 until SCAR or AWP and then that's it.

It has no real strategy and it's a twitch shooter without the twitching responsiveness. It's a mess of a design game.

R6Siege is a round based game that does everything infnite times better than this one.
>>
>>336284563
>Patterns are learned after
No, you learn them as you go. You practice to actually get good at maintaining them. You notice them while you start playing then try out different guns in DM and Casual, while also looking into aim maps.
If you are really dedicated to CSGO, you would be looking up this shit anyways.
Darksouls doesn't tell you shit CSGO can do the same. "comp" is just structured matchmaking you get to use to play against people who are as good as you are.

>Shit is fucking dumb.
Yes. They were never intended. It's like you have never heard of bugs or glitches before? It's an exploit that is very difficult to patch since it has to do with how smoke works.

>This isn't the case in CSGO where a fucking stair can make a point blank grenade in the face do no/minimal at best damage.
Again very specific conditions are to be met to take lessened damage. I've seen the videos that cover this. I have not once had grenade damage covered off from me. You don't encounter grenades at those places unless you force them there.

>Th-th-they'll fix it eventually!
Yeah it's been a WIP for a while now, it always has been. The balance is pretty ok along the line. There are not any stupid outliers other than pistols being a bit too strong in penetration values. Post what your balance changes are if you think you have better ideas.

>>336284968
After getting killed or killing someone you can clearly see the bullet holes behind them and can tell if you are pulling too hard or too little.
>>
>>336280432
Because it's the lowest skill ceiling shooter on the market.

Most popular FPS != Skillful
>>
>>336285831
yo
>>
>>336285493
>discussion is bad
Here is your reply.
>>
>>336285475
They "fixed" the rankings which took most people a couple of ranks down and made it more difficult to rank up, there's also normal rank decay if you don't play for weeks.
>>
>>336285773
>It's difficult to patch
Maybe if you didn't use an outdated, fucking garbage engine in twenty fucking sixteen that wouldn't be a problem? Again, other games that don't use the shitty engine have zero problem.

>I-it-it just doesn't happen! Even though it clearly does and can!

Welp, glad I just wasted my time yet again with a CS autist.
>>
>>336285831
>no accuracy while moving
>no accuracy while firing
>no accuracy from a certain distance
>"WHY DOES EVERYONE USE THE AWP?"
>>
>>336280937
>A recoil and movement system that penalizes accuracy in a rather abstruse manner
How?
The pattern makes it more of a challenge to control and maintain recoil, and more rewarding the more you kill with it

>>336281038
>RNG elements even on first shot
There is no RNG is CS:GO
Quit this meme
>>
>>336285475
they redid the ranks since it was getting really top heavy

doubt they'll do it again any time soon

and this is coming from someone who hates counterstrike
>>
>>336286062
And even the AWP has a 50% chance to veer to the right on first shot.

It's no wonder people are starting to realize this meme game is garbage.
>>
File: Eyebrows.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Eyebrows.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>336285831
>kissy snake
>think its gonna be some kawaii animal shit
>they actually kiss
>but then
>mfw
>>
>>336286089
The RNG spread kills it though.
>>
>>336286089
>There is no RNG is CS:GO
There is slight RNG, but nothing major like people here keep shitting out.
>>
>>336286530
>RNG is fine as long as it's not massive

CS:BLOW everyone.
>>
File: 1355552838746.jpg (34 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
1355552838746.jpg
34 KB, 200x201
>casualization of a casualization of a casualization, the cancer of the fps genre touted as le epic tactical skill shooter
>>
>>336285831
>download game-breaking hack
>game breaks
Another reason to be thankful for hacker purges
>>
>>336286029
>outdated, fucking garbage engine
It's still fucking good though. The engine is fickle and I don't see a problem with that.

>I-it-it just doesn't happen! Even though it clearly does and can!
You need to explain what you are talking about. Not actually quoting something I fucking said doesn't make a point.

>>336286170
This is false.
Awp shoots straight if you stand still and give time for the scope crosshairs to turn clear.

>>336286150
Also prime match making is making it's debut soon. Will solve the hacker and smurfing problem if you actually play this game to play with people your rank.

>>336286640
Here's your reply.
>>
>>336286640
How do pros play so well if RNG is a major issue?
>>
>>336286836
Because their own "competitive" players use fucking cheats?

>Making a shooter so shit your pro players literally can only aim consistently with hacks

Nice game faggots.
>>
>>336286836
HACKSSSSS
and blind luck
>>
File: 1437253793267.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437253793267.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336286530
>RNG
>nothing major

T O P K E K
>>
>>336283717
>M rated game
>letting your child play it
>letting them play it unsupervised and buying shit

Honestly it isn't valve's job to raise your kids.
>>
>>336283471
This is a shit post.
1.) Le call someone out for le interweb argument :DD
2.) Literally Defending your tastes: the post
3.) Le HYPERBOLE did he ever use the word always? You're shit

Get off /v/ bud.
>>
>YOU'RE GOING HOME, FAGGOT
>>
>Is /v/ just that terrible at games they can't expand past Cawodote?
That's ironic considering CS:GO replaced CoD as the go-to online FPS for the little kids, "girl gamers" and US GAMERS XD crowd
>>
I like CS:GO, I think it's a blast to play. It raises my confidence and I feel good playing with cool kids from the block.

That said, FUCK micspammers.
>>
>>336286989
>>336287030
>DUDE HACKS LMAO
Never change, /v/

>>336287081
>webmfag
Welcome back
>>
File: 14223352246.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14223352246.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336286836
They literally don't.

Esports for CSGO is manufactured, just like Riot does with LoL.
>>
>>336287631
Holy shit. Why did that happen?
>>
>>336287454
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufb3oEZHEXM

Yup, so legit. Just constantly putting sights on/shooting at players across the map. Some snaps being done in one fucking frame.
>>
>>336285876
>fps
>skill ceiling
Way to a retarded idiot. If there was a team in a FPS like counter-strike that hit a "skill ceiling" they would win 100% of their games, but that haven't happened. Don't compare this to WoW or some shitty drawn out crap where skill ceiling is actually relevant.
>>
Playing with four of your friends, doing set executes, smokes and absolutely trashing the other team.

It's pretty fun.
>>
File: 1461974429814.jpg (2 MB, 1446x2046) Image search: [Google]
1461974429814.jpg
2 MB, 1446x2046
>>336287454
so many faggots from MAJOR teams have been caught cheating, it's a matter of time before more big shots get caught
>>
>>336287724
RNG spread on every shot in the game except for shotguns.
>>
>>336287741
>Way to a retarded idiot
>If there was a team in a FPS like counter-strike that hit a "skill ceiling" they would win 100% of their games

You don't know what a skill ceiling is. Please go back to your containment game.
>>
>>336287081
>Bullet hole is right behind the target head
Netcode/lag/shitcomputer
Literally online issues. Most likely on a server with brs or russians.
>>
>>336287724
Because the Desert Eagle has one of the longest reset times for accuracy after moving and so it was moving accuracy.

I think
>>
>>336280432
CS:GO IS ALMOST EVERYTHING WRONG WITH VIDEO GAMES AND OUR ENTIRE SOCIETY.
IT IS A SYMBOL OF CANCER AND LIES.
I could LITERALLY perfectly describe everything wrong with the game and you'd just parrot stupid bullshit because it has nothing to do with the quality of the game. you're LITERALLY a Droid that plays this game for faggot reasons that aren't gameplay.
>>
>>336287724
He jumped and the deage has a fucklong time for it to become accurate again.
The breakdown is he jumps over and starts firing. Every time he shoots it makes his accuracy low. Firing that fast keeps the accuracy recoil from resetting until he got lucky on that last shot combined with actually waiting like you're supposed to do with the deage.
>>
>>336288034
You can't seriously think there's anyone who has hit a skill ceiling in CS, ever. Just out of curiosity, if you do think so, who?
>>
>>336288436
>>336288213
Thanks for clearing it up.
>>
File: ThreeHundredBigBoys.jpg (63 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
ThreeHundredBigBoys.jpg
63 KB, 576x432
>We live in a world where TF2 handled it's hackers better then CS:GO
>>
>>336283996
Not really, you can get decent at spraying just playing death match and not headshotting

Also you full sprays are useless unless they are eco rushing
>>
>>336285773
You know what? You can actually have fun playing dark souls.
Not sure if your 16 years old shitstain game full of cheaters,kids and retards can do the same.
>>
File: hs-2014-31-b-full_jpg.jpg (523 KB, 1102x1102) Image search: [Google]
hs-2014-31-b-full_jpg.jpg
523 KB, 1102x1102
>>336288761
Too bad TF2 is shit and you can spend money to get better weapons
>>
A game of Accuracy, reactions, teamwork and strategic thinking.

Accuracy
>Lol you have to stand still in a arcadey shooter, first shot inaccuracy, recoil patterns that are hailed as revolutionary, but every big shooting game requires input by the player, cs is just different in that the crosshair means fuck all.

Reaction
>The fastest player 'should' win... In a game with lag compensation, interpolation out the ass 'mah 128 tick', and high pings > low ping. Google CSGO 150 ping peeker.

Teamwork
>Lets match you up with complete shut cunts in you rank up game, or nay, lets match you with a Smurf on your 3rd game.

>If playing with mates, it's still a gamble if the other points I highlighted don't fuck you and your team over.

Strategic thinking
>Push one of two sights through a mere 3/4 routes. Limited cover so use of grenades is needed to push, combine these clusterfuck routes with lag comp, dice roll first shots and ping issues, you have yourself a total snooze fest meat grind.

Game was dead, Valve went full damage control by adding faggot autism hat/skins, the 'pros' (The same shitters who dose up on Redbull and Ritalin) dropped the game in early days and now its a scene of memes, twitch streaming, skins and pro circuit match fixing and hacking.

Only faggots who rate this sub average shooter above a 5/10 have a deep set investment in skins etc.

Rant/Blog over, debate me Valvedrones
>>
>>336289035
>you can spend money to get better weapons
how?
>>
>>336288884
I'm having fun just fine anon. I accept the game with it's flaws and find ways to work around them. The only times I have not had fun in CSGO are when hackers/smurfs are being tricky or when teammates are the ones not in the mindset to have a good game.
>>
>>336285475
They just rebalanced the skill levels.
>>
>>336288194
Nope. It's RNG spread.

Bullet decals are not accurate btw.

I find it incredibly sad that the ones who spend 1500 hours on this game are the ones that know the least about it.
>>
Time to go home from work and play some CSGO. See you fags online.
>>
>>336288539
Literally anyone can hit the skill ceiling. From there, it's all RNG, positioning and trades.
>>
>>336289287
btw on a lan server there's 110 ms delay between all movements.
that's WHY peekers can actually win against campers because you have psychic vision!
the game is literally rock paper scissors with engagement ranges and it's all hidden behind this gay esoteric shit that you have to learn for no reason.
it's the OPPOSITE of good game design. I seriously can't even put into words the amount of hopelessness that this game being popular gives me.
seriously? this piece of shit? this is what the people chose?
>>
>>336289035
But stock is better 90% of the time nigga.
>>
>>336289395
Not even gonna start. Fuck off with your misinformation.
>>
>>336289289

why do you lie anon?
>>
>>336289578
Educate yourself, Valvedrone.
>>
>>336289538
Peekers advantage exists in any modern game with lag compensation.
>>
ITT: Gold novas explaining why CSGO sucks
love me some armchair game design
>>
>>336289520
No, a skill ceiling in CS would be the same as lets say a decent player with aimbot and no wallhack, to make it more fair the aimbot would only help him if he was already aiming within a 10 degree angle of his enemy. He would still shit on every single pro-player in CS. You don't realize how unrealistic that skill ceiling would be, so there is none that can be reached in this game.
>>
>kerfuffle realistic/semi-realistic wargames
Enjoy being brainwashed to go die for nothing in the military, dumb kid.
>>
>>336285736
>Point at feet to get headshots: the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1NnzaKGARo

>It's either AK47 or M4 until SCAR or AWP and then that's it.
Except all the times people buy SMGs/Shotguns/Scout/Famas/Galil/Pistol forcebuy depending on their economy, the enemy's economy, where they're holding, and whether or not they need grenades, but you'd actually have to play the game to encounter situations like that. People also almost never buy the SCAR unless they have a fuck-ton of cash or really need to switch it up.
>>
>>336280432
Been playing for 14 years. 13 years on 1.5 trough 1.6.
>Loved 1.5
>Hated 1.6, every single aspect; most people tend to forget there was a fucking shield and the way too broken FAMAS.
>Hated source, 1 update per year just doesn't cut it.
>Hate GO. Every single aspect, community, skins, fucking bizon and TEC 9 on eco's... except the artic speed debuff, that's some good player feedback

I still play it, I grew with it, it's deep in my bones, like cancer, and I love my fucking cancer.

Remember eco wins? They happened like once or twice in a map...
>>
>>336289767
>Modern Game
Anon pls.... CSGO is a step backwards in skill, it was what... Almost 10 year ago that we had S&D on cod4 with some intense banter and plays. (inb4 codfag, I only like cod4) and today we as a PC community are stuck playing a 'skill shooter' which is slow as fuck, has dice rolls to spice it up.

>Lag Comp
Now I know every online game needs some form of compensation. But CS is true cancer. If lets say every player has 40/50 ping 1/4th human reaction time!!!, why does cs throw another ton of delay from player>server>client?? It's the current fucking year and CS' networking feels like 1999
>>
>>336290142
>skill ceiling
>aimbot

Just stop.
>>
>>336280432
For me, it's just that I don't like a lot of the game's central mechanics.

Spray patterns make shooting unintuitive and dissatisfying. Aiming at someone's feet to hit their head is just something I couldn't get used to.

All tactics are based around meta knowledge of maps, which, while not necessarily a bad thing, leaves little room for on-the-fly thinking/plays (the exception being the occasional sick one-dink from across the map).

Honestly, if CS:GO was more methodical and slower-paced and had more satisfying/natural gunplay, I'd probably enjoy it a lot. It's probably no coincidence that I enjoy SWAT 4 and Insurgency more.
>>
>>336289520
>positioning and trades.
>Properly positioning yourself so you don't get prefired, mollyed out, and can stay alive as long as possible while doing as much damage as possible
>Properly trading with your teammates so you don't give the enemy team easy man advantages and multiple 1v1s

This is literally the most basic shit that you have to be able to properly do in order to even think of hitting the skill ceiling in CS. Have you even played the game?
>>
>>336291549
from that distance he should be aiming at his own feet
>>
>>336291830
I'm not even defending CS, I'm just stating that peekers advantage exists in any game with lag compensation.

CSGO is actually a slight step ahead in skill because there is only one recoil pattern vs several that were chosen at random in CS. Still, CS is the lowest skill ceiling FPS series on PC.
>>
>>336291884
>aiming at someone's feet to hit their head is just something I couldn't get used to.

tapping

>leaves little room for on-the-fly thinking/plays

just watch nico, or fallen.

>if CS:GO was more methodical and slower-paced

stop, CS was always a split second decision and skill shot game, not a methodical slow paced shooter like the awesome Swat 4. Different shit with different flavors.
>>
>>336292045
>This is literally the most basic shit that you have to be able to properly do in order to even think of hitting the skill ceiling in CS

And that's why CS is the lowest skill ceiling shooter on PC.

Other FPS not only have more strategical depth and a faster move speed, but reward those who can aim and land projectiles while requiring the player to execute actions quickly or die.

CS literally dumbs all of that down with shallow strategical depth, slowing movement, punishing players for movement, adding random spread on nearly every weapon in the game, having no projectiles aside from grenades. It is quite literally the original casual fisher price FPS game for babies who couldn't cut it at arena.
>>
>>336291870
The point of the post was that you can still improve precision into perfection which no one has, but I guess that went over your head.

Lets take a game where skill ceiling is actually relevant. World of Warcraft PvP arena, you can design a bot that plays perfectly and it would still lose against a player because the match-up was unfavorable for the bot. This is impossible in CS. You stop, retard.
>>
>>336292558
> you can still improve precision into perfection which no one has

An aimbot breaks the mechanics to obtain that accuracy, dipshit. Last I checked, players who don't cheat still have to abide by CSs anti-skill mechanics like RNG spread.
>>
>>336289943
Nah, man, CSGO is fucking awful and has literally the lowest skill ceiling of any shooter because, uh, m-muh RNG and no intuitive mechanics. How can it possibly be skillful if you're not rocketing around the map?

For all the talk of how it has such a low skill ceiling that anybody can hit, I guarantee that almost everybody in this thread would get shit on at any respectable level of play.
>>
I don't find the game itself unlikable but I had to stop playing because it attracts quite honestly the worst types of people. The autismos and bronies and memers I strongly dislike, but the worst is the internet tough guy tryhard types who all think they are hot shit and try to act like they are about to throw down over an online video game.

tf2 is a comparatively much more tolerable community, which is saying something.
>>
cs go has the user base equivalent of call of duty

retarded try hards that pretend to be so much better than everyone else
>>
>>336292843
A decent player with an aimbot without the 100% breaking mechanics accuracy would still be able to one tap HS without using more than 3 bullets if he had perfect precision.

The RNG isn't that high as you seem to think it is.
>>
makes me laugh when people try to suggest csgo is some sort of high IQ game compared to cod. there's no tactics involved in counterstrike, outside of memorising a whopping 3 map routes and tactically fighting against the games retarded recoil mechanics

it's not a deep game. It's literally rock paper scissors. and ultimately it just boils down to who has spent more hours learning the idiotic shooting mechanics. its nothing to do with outsmarting your opponent or having superior tactical awareness. its just SHIT
>>
>>336293039
Funny you say that.

I've completely shit on CSGO nerds who advertise their Global Elite status and ESEA profiles in BO3 and every Valvedrone would have you believe CoD has a lower skill cap.
>>
All the arguments against this game in the thread seem pedantic and about very minor things that any normal player wouldn't give a shit about.
>>
File: 1437253873755.webm (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1437253873755.webm
2 MB, 1440x900
>>336293508
You can keep coming up with retarded arguments, but it doesn't change the facts.
>>
>>336292136
>Different shit with different flavors.

Exactly, all I'm saying is that I don't like this flavor of shit.
>>
File: 1449518500663.gif (4 MB, 357x285) Image search: [Google]
1449518500663.gif
4 MB, 357x285
>>336280432
literally "memorizing gun sprays and playing de_dust2 exclusively with autistic $99 gun skins" the game

fuck off already
>>
>>336292556
>"That just proves that CS is the lowest skill ceiling shooter on PC because of basic shit that my retarded ass didn't even realize would be required of any decent player at the game"

You're a fucking idiot who's never played CS at any decent level. In fact, you've probably never played any shooter at a respectable level.
>>
>>336280432
hackers
>>
>>336293762
The fact is that no one has reached a skill ceiling in CSGO, nor will anyone ever do either because it's unrealistic as I've argued.
>>
File: 1444607769820.jpg (974 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1444607769820.jpg
974 KB, 2000x2000
>>336283189
>McDonald's has the most customers therefore McDonald's is the best restaurant in the world

LMAO
>>
>>336293985
I love you-
>>
>>336294796
>aim perfectly at head
>random chance to completely miss because of spread algorithm

And this is why CS has the lowest skill cap of any FPS on the market.
>>
>>336294621
What's next? Are you going to tell me that slot machines have a high skill ceiling because I've never played in a slot machine tournament?

Go home, you autist.
>>
>>336295108
>skill cap
What is it that you do not understand? You're way above your head in this argument, I guess that's why you resort to this bait-tier style of posting. Anyway I'm done with you.
>>
>>336280432
i played it for two days straight for the first time
and my main issue with it, is the snipers... snipers everywhere, i never got into the quick-scope meme so my patience for csgo didn't last long
other than the snipers its fine
>>
>>336294823
dumb frogposter
>>
>it's a "/v/ posters pretend to be masters of competitive games" thread
lol

dont you have a fighting game thread to cry about special move motions in?
>>
>>336295683
There was never an argument, just my facts and ramblings in broken english from you.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.