[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this game for $9, what am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Final-Fantasy-XIII.jpg (866 KB, 1000x1416) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-XIII.jpg
866 KB, 1000x1416
Just bought this game for $9, what am I in for?
>>
Generic millennial garbage
>>
A sinking feeling when you realize you've overpaid
>>
File: 1460207379076.jpg (2 MB, 1625x1625) Image search: [Google]
1460207379076.jpg
2 MB, 1625x1625
Best waifu
>>
>>336271141
Good graphics/setting/art
Good ost
Good combat
Story requires that you read its encyclopedia to understand certain terms they tend to throw at you.
It is linear till later, there are bosses that require some strats/thought.
Characters a seperated in pairs of 2 to better understand each character for the first 20 or 30 ish hours or so.
>>
20+ hours of hallways.
>>
20 hour tutorial
>>
>>336271141
The combat is literally control lightning and spam L1 the entire time which paradigm shifts to control the two other party members via A.I and hope you survive the next hallway of enemies.
Yeah it's that retarded.
>>
File: inigo-1.png (154 KB, 498x280) Image search: [Google]
inigo-1.png
154 KB, 498x280
>>336271331
>millennial
>>
>>336271141
>what am I in for?

A refund LMAO
>>
>>336272224
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
>>
>>336272158
>Dark souls
>Spam Roll and Attack
Yeah its that retarded.
/v/ will simplify anything and suck DS cock like its second coming of christ. Sit the fuck down, all I do when I play games is press buttons.
>>
>>336271141
If you're looking forward to traditional FF features such as world exploration and freedom, you're in for one hell of a surprise.
>>
>>336271605
You're the only person in this thread who played the game. This is correct, OP.

It's worth mentioning that some of the writing is kinda shit, and you'll probably hate a few of the party members until you fall in love with them.

Also, the open world portion of the game trades the "hallway" simulator for a "get your shit pushed in repeatedly by nature" simulator. It's fun.
>>
>>336272512
except the game can literally play itself, there's no reason not to use auto-battle after you libra each enemies
>>
>>336272512
What the fuck are you rambling about here? You need to get off the internet for a few days. Let it go elsa
>>
>>336271141
It's a solid 6 or even 7 out of 10 game. Very disappointing when it came out because of the series' pedigree but still enjoyable. The biggest issues are the linearity, the hours and hours of hand-holding for the combat, and the reliance on the in-game encyclopedia to fill you in on things that should have been explained in the game proper. The sequels get progressively better, but due to lower budgets are also less polished with each one. Lightning Returns in particular is great but rums like shit on consoles.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47YPs-qwNQU
>>
>>336273460
>linking to e-celebs
Fuck off neo /v/.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.