[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's been a shitton of zombie games released in the past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Ipg62jA[1].jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ipg62jA[1].jpg
367 KB, 1920x1080
There's been a shitton of zombie games released in the past years, but they're all multiplayer shooters.
Are there any single player games where you have to manage a group of survivors and either try to get to a destination or build up a base? The only games I know that are like this are flash games.
>>
>>336267951
Don't Open, Dead Inside? What the fuck does that mean.
>>
Dont dead, open inside? what kind of retarded shit
>>
>>336267951

why are there no chains on the handles? shitty fucking picture rip from TWD.
>>
>>336268081
No, no, no, you're reading it wrong. It's "Dont dead, open inside."
>>
>>336267951
>whenever this the cliches neverending happens are
>>
Dead State is precisely that.
>>
>>336267951
>Are there any single player games where you have to manage a group of survivors and either try to get to a destination or build up a base?
Well there is Dead State, but it's in early access and franky it's shit.
>>
I'd like a single player zombie game with character customization.
For now I just play Dying Light and Dead Rising 3, which aren't really shooters and are fine without multiplayer
>>
>>336267951
State of decay was almost good. Then done faggot producer told the devs they had to include "special infected"
>>
>>336267951
I wish there was basically The Sims except its a zombie apocalypse and you can move locations and you manage a party and its rated M
>>
File: splash_title[1].png (258 KB, 797x549) Image search: [Google]
splash_title[1].png
258 KB, 797x549
Has anyone played the third one?
>>
>>336267951
State of Decay
The first time I booted the game I played for a while, looked up and it was 8 hours later.

Its really good. the expansions are really worth. Lifeline is way harder than vanilla and its a good thing
>>
>>336268394
dda cataclysm

>>336268629
yeah it's rubbish
>>
>>336268774
>dda cataclysm
I'm far too stupid to play those kinds of games but thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>336268913
Cata is easy. You look for a pasta in /vg/ roguelike general.
>>
>>336267951
Fucking resident evil outbreak? Jesus how young are you people now?
>>
>>336269351

Don't worry they gave us Operation Raccoon City it's pretty much the same : ^ )
>>
>>336268158
I think it's japanese for "Dead Dont, Inside Open"
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>336270593
>Stay welcome to Vaultout22!!
and they say New Vegas has good writing, what a mess
>>
>>336270593
>Stay Vauout! the plants kill!
Who's Vauout?
>>
File: dead state steam.jpg (637 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dead state steam.jpg
637 KB, 1600x1200
Dead State is everything you described. This game is fucking merciless. It's like Jagged Alliance, but with zombies, and dickhead looters. Prepare to die a lot and get your buddies murdered from incompetence. There's also this mode where if you or your mates get bitten, you will turn into a zombie in few days unless you keep eating the antibiotics which will slow down the process, and those antibiotics are scarce and will not be enough for your whole team.

>traveling to town to get some supplies
>walk through a looter camp, they're fighting against zombies
>5 looters with their rusty shotguns and machetes vs. 20+ zombies
>sneak behind the zombies, take everything from their tents and backbags
>start to run back to the road
>zombies obviously have absolutely annihilated the camp and the looters
>one of the zombies spot me and makes noise
>all the zombies are after me
>run like a little girl and get my team chewed on their way to the exit point

Luckily nobody got infected, but my team members health levels were so low I had to cancel the supply gathering trip.
>>
>>336267951
I want a zombie game set around the 80's or 90's.

Like Land of the Dead.
>>
>>336271415
Is it ok if you're a farmer
>>
>>336271645
I've played this, had a lot of fun but this game was pretty bad.
>>
>>336268629
Gotta love how flash artists became greedy, turned to crowdfunding, and lost all of their credibility in the process. It was bad enough when most of them were making side versions as Apple apps, but now interest is just dead.
>>
>>336271645
>Land of the road to fiddler's dead green

Wat
>>
>>336272003
It's "Land Road of the to Fiddler's Dead Green".
>>
>>336267951
Not building but you helping survivors in dying light game looks pretty and the following is great got the whole thing for 20 bongs great purchase don't know if sale is on
>>
>>336272240
Also Dead Island and DI: Riptide is similar and you can choose from 4 characters. Not as good as Dying Light, but it has zombies and is cheap.
>>
>>336271645
This game was pretty alright. Not the best, but there really weren't that many zombie games other than Resident Evil at the time so it fit the niche quite nicely. It was like slow version of singleplayer Left 4 Dead.
>>
>>336271415
Project Zomboid is set in the 90s. I don't know what you expect. Besides a lack of tablets and HDTVs it's the same as if it was set in 2016.
>>
>>336272701

I liked Dead Island more than dying light because it was actually nice to look at.
At first it's boring but when you open up more areas it's pretty cool.
I played Dying Light for a bit and it just looked so grim and ugly.
>>
>>336273196

Did that game ever go anywhere?
>>
>>336273196
That's been in early-access purgatory for years.
>>
>>336271645
>redneck dude trash talks zombies while you kung fu them

YES
>>
>>336273358
It's not in purgatory. It gets updates frequently. Well worth the 15 dollars for the multiplayer alone. But I understand if you're itching for the NPCs.
>>
>>336273575
I am hoping silently for other Human survivors still.
>>
Dead State, but it's shit
State of Decay, but the devs are jews
7 Days to Die, but it's EA and Telltale is publishing the game now out of nowhere
>>
>>336273254
Yeah Dead Island had a better variety of areas. I just didn't like it as much because I found Jin to be irritating and the side quests not as fulfilling.

Dying Light, not so many areas, but it felt good to drive around in that buggy gotta go fast. I also liked the side quests more, especially those asshole brothers. Felt like Crane was actually doing something, and the changes you saw in his room (learning to play the theme song, kids drawings on the walls, all the random shit he collects) was a nice feeling.
>>
File: 1461962480335.jpg (48 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1461962480335.jpg
48 KB, 500x384
>No special infected
>No sprinting
>One bite = Countdown to death
Is it that hard to make? I want a game like that styled after State of Decay but more in-depth.
>>
>>336274526
Sounds boring as hell. Easy to make, but nobody will play it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.