[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had to summon a phantom for a boss, you didn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1462051172301.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1462051172301.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
If you had to summon a phantom for a boss, you didn't really beat the game.
>>
>>336267669
Convince me not to summon on the souls of tinder, havent done any summons throughout the game but I am losing my willpower
>>
Trophy says otherwise, but thanks!
>>
Yeah I like dark souls coop but I try to beat the game first time without any help
>>
>not pirating the games
>>
>>336267773
You will feel the crushing weight of dissapointment in yourself afterwards, because deep down, in your newly casualized soul there will be the echoes; the smouldering remnants of your former hardcore self will send sharp whispers eternally through your heart, beckoning the realization that had been on the tip of your subconsciousness' tongue all along:

git gud
>>
File: emem.png (905 KB, 900x837) Image search: [Google]
emem.png
905 KB, 900x837
>>
>>336267669
If you used a shield, you didn't really beat the game.
>>
>not summoning for literally everything
>not putting down summon signs all the time purely for the sake of helping people

You're not very jolly
>>
>>336268183
This.
I spent a good 2 hours helping people on Abyss Watchers because I felt like playing that boss some more after I did it myself.
>>
File: 1462104349295.jpg (294 KB, 963x926) Image search: [Google]
1462104349295.jpg
294 KB, 963x926
>>336268183
This is how I play and enjoy the game. I just love co-oping. I'm not an invader type, it's just not for me, but I love the thrill of helping others and protecting a host from invaders.
>>
>>336268130
Shields are useless in this game anyways
>>
>>336268783
>that girl in the back
Who is that?
>>
>beating the game without gouging your own eyes out
>beating the game with anything other than your mind
>needing to buy the game to beat it
>turning on the TV/monitor to beat it
>turning on the console/PC to beat it
>having to play the game to beat it

Fuck all of you little pussy faggot ass pieces of shit I'm fucking sick of this board and it's pathetic casual garbage, all of you can go fuck yourselves and stay fucked you little pussy shits, I'll unfuck you when you discover a new species and smother your own shit all fucking over it
>>
>>336269041
Isn't it the firekeeper from DaS1?
>>
>inb4 some cuck says that summoning makes it harder because "the boss has more health and attacks more often"
>>
>>336269008
No poise is. Shields still have use because they run off stability instead
>>
File: southbound.gif (2 MB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
southbound.gif
2 MB, 500x213
>>336269101
this. if you aren't actually hollowed irl you didn't really beat the game.
>>
>>336269127
You're right, as soon as I posted it I remembered her.
>>
>>336269101

mad summonbaby here
>>
>>336267669
If you used a controller not included in the list below, you didn't really beat the game.
>Bongos
>Dance Dance Revoultion pad
>any guitar hero/rockband controller
>voice commands
>keyboard (no mouse)
>mouse (no keyboard)
>playstation move in rectum
>>
>>336269691
i don't summon cuz I'm not a scrub and dark souls 3 bosses were all piss easy
>>
>>336269936
>not an N64 controller with the Hey You Pikachu addon
>>
>>336269691
He's not wrong.

The hardcore gamer meme is so stale.
>>
If you use anything but starting gear and SL you didnt really beat the game. Upgrading shield/sword = cheating.
>>
Today I found out that you can get two blue phantoms to show up for one invader /salt
>>
>>336267669
If you had to post on /v/ about it, you didn't beat the game
>>
I just started NG+ and then noticed that I was still in the fingers covenant. Did I already fuck up Sirris's quest?
>>
>>336267669
Damn, I had no hype for DS3, but now that I see this Demon's Souls armour I kinda want to play it and use this armour.
>>
File: 1447807989513.jpg (11 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1447807989513.jpg
11 KB, 250x243
>>336269691
>he didn't co-op with a friend
>>
Only time I summoned were NG+ and beyond for gestures. I didn't even realize you had to summon for all the gestures until I started reading the wiki upon game completion.

Oh, and I summoned Sword Master for the Champ on NG++. It was my last run on the character, and I wanted to see just how broken the summon was since people clamored about him. He exceeded my expectations - I'm pretty sure he could have soloed the guy.
>>
I like to summon npc's
Theyre retarded enough not to really help and they give the boss more hp
>>
>>336271246
look at this denial.
most npc's can kill bosses by themself baka.
>>
>>336270986
it shouldn't, as long as in that NG you don't give a pale tongue to Rosaria at the Cathedral when you first get there.

Covenant allegiance carries over, so i imagine you still are part of them, but still have to do the quests to "unlock" them in ng?
>>
>>336271370

I sure hope so. Would suck to have fucked up her quest already.
>>
Reminder that if straight but have never made it with a girl, you're gay
>>
>>336267669
Lel. Do people really care so much? I'll stop summoning for bosses when From releases a non broken game.
>>
>>336271513
What if the girl had a feminine penis?
Am I still gay?
>>
>get frustrated on Nameless faggot
>summon some faggot for the first time in DS3
>fag dies 2 seconds after the second phase starts
>still beat Nameless faggot

Felt pretty good, I probably would have felt like a faggot if I had won with a phantom.
>>
>>336271497
It was fucking retarded to have joining a covenant trigger a failed questline. In the last two games there have been zero consequences to joining every covenant you find and from how simple they made switching them around in 3 it's stupid to suddenly introduce consequences now.
>>
>>336271497
yeah i think they thought of that of course, since all your covenants carry over. just as long as you dont repeat the quest steps that break hers in this new game, you should be fine.

Still, the paranoid part of me thinks it might be safe NOT to have it equipped when yo get to talk to her.
>>
>>336271721
Did the penis touch you?
>>
>>336268783
This is how I have always played these games. Co-op is always the most fun.

If I want to do some pvp I always use a red sign. And guess what, I almost never get ganked or cheesed because I pvp with people that actually want to duel.
>>
>>336272110
Yeah, I mean I don't complain about being invaded, it's part of the game and I welcome it. But for me personally, if I want to duel, I'll summon for a duel or be summoned.
>>
>Try to solo Dancer
>Get her down to 20% health
>She does a super fast instant two hit combo attack that takes 4/5s of my health bar
>Die
>Repeat this two or three more times

Yeah, fuck that. So many bosses feel cheap with the spin2win high damage attack bullshit.
>>
>>336267669
kek I always play hollow
lel I only go human to always summon
Lol only a lonely oxygen waste will do things your way.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.