[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've never played a Witcher game before and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: TheWitcher3BoxArt.png (2 MB, 1070x1500) Image search: [Google]
TheWitcher3BoxArt.png
2 MB, 1070x1500
So I've never played a Witcher game before and I'm thinking of picking this up on Steam.

How much will I miss out on having not played the previous two games?
>>
you'll miss a considerable amount of fan service

rush through the main quest line in Witcher 2 to get the gist of it. Shouldn't take you more than 15 hours on the easiest difficulty.
>>
>>336266182

I am in the same boat, but apparently it's literally the best RPG ever so it's unmissable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvkjMYcryI
>>
>>336266182
>rush through the main quest line in Witcher 2 to get the gist of it.
>rus through

Fuck off. Also, he could get the same effect from the wikipedia article and the above video

>>336266725
>>
>>336266182
you will miss out on a lot
>>
>>336266182
always play the first game of a series idiot
>>
>>336266182
If you really can't play the first two ones (or even just the 2nd one, which is a superb RPG on its own IMO apart from the bad combat) then start W3 and get acquainted with the wiki, cause you should be using that A LOT.
>>
Read the books. It'll all make sense afterwards
>>
>>336266858
Relax junior
>>
>>336266858
No just no.
It very much depends on the series.

If it's heavily story based yes play the first first but a lot of the time the first game is a lot less refined then later ones and you might as well play the later ones first.
>>
Witcher 3 is not an RPG.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.