[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's criminal that Sonic Team's legacy is going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: saturn-cover.jpg (127 KB, 640x1066) Image search: [Google]
saturn-cover.jpg
127 KB, 640x1066
It's criminal that Sonic Team's legacy is going to be shoveling out endless terrible Sonic games when they made masterpieces like this.
>>
>>336265892
Not going to lie, only reason I know of this is because of the mingame of pinball in Sonic Adventure.
>>
File: index-screenshot.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
index-screenshot.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
>>336265892
I think Nights was a beautiful game, but the gameplay mechanics don't hold up that well. They showed off analog control mostly.

I'd much rather see a new Billy Hatcher game, had so much potential and really fun gameplay.
>>
>>336265892
What was the last time Sonic team actually made a sonic game, Generations?
>>
>>336266383

Sonic Runners
>>
>>336266030

I played the shit out of that as a kid just to hear the bgm.
>>
>>336266429
>""""game""""
>>
Preaching to the choir, man.
>>
>>336266493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQsxclTIHz8
>>
>>336265892
The fact that it was on the Saturn didn't help.

The Saturn had several gems that all fell by the wayside due to how poorly the console itself sold.
>>
>>336266649

Between that, PSO, Code: Verionica and Toy Commander - Dreamcast had few games but goddamn most of them were gems.
>>
>>336266383
Sonic Lost World. It could have been a 8/10 game had there been some talkback between the level designers and the players. The controls are too busy for a Sonic game in my opinion and they could have made more levels so the themes in each stage could flourish more.

Other people gave Lost World shit for not having a big story like Unleashed, but I think that's completely stupid. Unleashed has design flaws too
>>
>>336266897
I forgot Sonic Team made lost world, it felt so much like a Mario game.
>The controls are too busy for a Sonic game in my opinion
Speaking of feeling like a Mario game, I don't know what possessed them to make sonic use a run button as opposed to having him build momentum.
we will never have another Sonic game with good physics again
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.