[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you improve Final Fantasy 8? Would making Zell the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: 1328510741947.jpg (126 KB, 485x447) Image search: [Google]
1328510741947.jpg
126 KB, 485x447
How would you improve Final Fantasy 8? Would making Zell the MC improve the game? Or was it actually good, just compared to FF7 far too much?
>>
Make Rinoa=Ultimecia the canon ending.
>>
Removing it from existence, same for 13.
>>
>>336260118
why are there so many hotdogs
>>
What was ultimecia's motivation? I was expecting an explanation and all I got was "Kurse all seeds. Time must Kompress." What?
>>
No Zell is a good sidekick character.
I would make it more about the schools and going on missions. That was my favorite part.
>>
>>336260118
Remove the awful love story, and focus on badass mercenaries completing missions.
>>
Make the bosses harder and removing the limit break spam
>>
>>336260118
>a blockhead and also a hothead who tries to solve problems with his fists
he's at most bro-tier. Laguna would be better.
>>
File: 19675729.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1504) Image search: [Google]
19675729.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1504
Have it make sense.
>>
File: 1460718209859.jpg (68 KB, 462x636) Image search: [Google]
1460718209859.jpg
68 KB, 462x636
More screentime for Zell.
>>
>>336261263
this. Laguna was the best character in the game
>>
File: Ultimecia.png (391 KB, 604x570) Image search: [Google]
Ultimecia.png
391 KB, 604x570
>>336260630
The game explains it very subtle.

Ultimecia is from the future. A future we don't know much about, but, if we take account what happened in the "present" of the game, it's pretty clear that the people in the future knows that, someday, a witch named Ultimecia will be born, and with her sorcerer's powers she will try to destroy the world.

Considering how the FF8 universe dislikes sorcerers (Abel in a eternal prison, and Riona almost having the same fate) it's obvious that Ultimecia was being chased and hated, and by her point of view, without any damn reason. She just born and was accused of something that she hasn't done (yet) but she will do.

How would you feel if people blame you of something so horrifying like trying to destroy the world if you even't have done that in your life? They blame you because you will do it someday, because your actions are already in the history of the humanity.

And what would you do, if you have such amazing powers? The power of control the time.

Ultimecia, with all these amazing powers, with all the unrewarded hate, the best thing she can do, is... trying to fix it.

OK, where is the proof? Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMPy8RIoQI

This is the speech that Edea does at disc 1. It doesn't have much sense when you see it for first time, after all, it's the first time you see Edea for first time.

But, now that you know the plot, you must realize that this isn't Edea speaking, but Ultimecia. These words come from a sorceress from the future, not from the present.

Ulimecia suddenly becomes the best villain of all Final Fantasies.
>>
>>336262232
So what you're saying is Ultimecia did nothing wrong?
>>
>>336262523
______________________________________________________________________________________________________yes
>>
Why would you waste your time playing FF 8 when you could play Smite?

- Fast Turn Based Combat
- Lengthy Strategy on What Items to Buy
- At Least Ten Gods, That's A Lot More GODS than FF 8 HAHA
- You Can CONTROL Your CHARACTER in ComBAT WOW

WOW lads just don't understand why this isn't a Smite thread
>>
File: 1406336874663.png (288 KB, 612x724) Image search: [Google]
1406336874663.png
288 KB, 612x724
>>336262648
I play Smite and even I hate this shitpost.
>>
>>336262232
So basically Ultimecia is retarded? She was stopped, in the past, while trying to compress time. What is her reaction? "Time must kompress"
Supid bitch
>>
>>336262648

Good friend.

I was about to say the exact same thing.

In China we have a saying, If it's Smite it's right.

We play Smite ten times a day and then sometimes 5 more times a Night just because Smite is the lead cause of high IQ in an individual.

I too do not understand why these idiots talk about an inferior game when Smite is available.

I present my question to the board, why bother with FF 8 or any FF when Smite is available?

Amen brothers.
>>
>>336262232
She seems to like fucking things up with her "fixing"
>>
File: Dissidia-Ultimecia.png (281 KB, 410x599) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia-Ultimecia.png
281 KB, 410x599
>>336261678
She is a literal semon demon
>>
The video is shit, here is Ultimecia's speech:
>How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one whom you have condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now? She stands before your very eyes to become your new ruler. HAHAHAHAHA.

>A new era has just begun.

>This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. Your time will come. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination. ... Let us end this ceremony with a sacrifice.

>>336262965
>>336263126
It's a self fulfilling prophecy. It's the classic story that time can't be changed, that your actions to avoid your destiny will actually move you towards it.

That's the reason she knows about SeeD, because she knows SeeD will destroy her, and yet, she tries, because that's all she can do, trying to change her future. Pretty sad.
>>
>>336263329
Most retarded hair in video games?
>>
>>336263528
There's even more retarde shit in the very same series anon. Just look at Seymour.
>>
>>336260118
Eliminate Random rules from Triple Triad.
>>
File: CharX_Seymour.jpg (115 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
CharX_Seymour.jpg
115 KB, 1280x1024
>>336263528
Not even. There's always worse.

>>336263680
..Like what he said.
>>
>>336263513
That makes no sense. self fulfillig prophecies make sense when :
1. We can follow the story from the guy's point of view
2. Woever is fullfilling the prophecy simply doesn't have enough information
here Ultimecia by all means should know enough about the fact that she was stopped while trying to compress time (for whatever reason, because compressing time makes no sense) to make sure that whatever she does, she should NOT try to compress time. She is a badly written antagonist
>>
>>336263513
Why exactly did square deny the theory? It's the actual only thing that makes kind of sense.

>both sorceress are the absolute opposite
>ultimecia dies and gives her power to rinoa
>cycle continues
>>
>>336260558
you can make squall prioritize protecting the hotdogs during the garden battle
>>
>>336264692
oh that sounds cool I'd do it
>>
>>336263912
This isn't how the story of FF8 works. If she died to compress the time (yes, we don't know what that means) in the present, she is forced by the destiny to do it, no matter what. She has no choice, nobody can choice, actually, all our actions are the consequence of a cause.

>>336264519
Square didn't denied this theory, actually, part of it is in the Ultimania guide, a japanese book made by Square:

>"According to the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania, Ultimecia's actions are driven by a means to escape her destined defeat at the hands of the "Legendary SeeD". Ultimecia's knowledge of this fate could be the main instigation for her desire of bringing about time compression, by which Ultimecia could absorb all time, space and existence, and become "a living god" and thus escape her fate."
>>
>>336264519

because that would mean they're capable of writing in layers, and they really aren't. FF stories are entertaining and memorable, but they are not deep or complex
>>
>>336264519
>ultimecia dies and gives her power to rinoa
This is wrong, at the ending of the game, Ultimecia gives her powers to Edea
>>
>>336264876
That's lazy writing. "she came from the future and died doing that thing" is not a substitute for proper motivations. They could have made it an actual self fullfilling prophecy if they gave her any sort of development at all
>>
It would be nice if they reworked Squall and Seifer. Show that Squall's aloofness is an act more obviously by having the main party members actually get through that shell, not just Rinoa.

And have some comeuppance for Seifer. This guy was the knight Ultimecia, but eventually he just fucks off to go fishing with his friends? Where's the realization for Seifer that he's in too deep and has to act out as the knight to the sorceress knowing that it's leading to the loss of innocent lives?
>>
File: 385900-laguna_loire[1].jpg (97 KB, 730x850) Image search: [Google]
385900-laguna_loire[1].jpg
97 KB, 730x850
>>336260118
more Laguna
>>
>>336260118
Squall is dead
>>
>>336265432
>Where's the realization for Seifer that he's in too deep and has to act out as the knight to the sorceress knowing that it's leading to the loss of innocent lives?
It's still there it's just a bit subtle. Look at his clothes and how tattered they get the last time you fight him. Then when Rajin basically said she quits he starts having second thoughts about the whole "Knight" thing.

At least that's what I recall about it.
>>
>>336265803
I feel like this game was way too subtle and vague on so many things. I mean, sometimes I just want some shit spelled out.
>>
>>336265127
And edea to rinoa
>>
>>336261263
>>336262060
>>336265570
MAH NIGGAS
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.