[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any unit in Starcraft 1 that is completely useless in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
Is there any unit in Starcraft 1 that is completely useless in multiplayer?

The firebat comes to mind, but can someone with experience clarify this?
>>
Firebats are used against Z.

The only unit I can think of would be the scout
>>
There are no totally useless units in SC. Still, the Scout was almost never made at pro level.
>>
Civs and Critters are considered units.
>>
>>336259697
>>336259762
Isn't the scout the best anti air unit in the game?
>>
>>336259327
Firebats good against zerg.
Dark archons, scouts, and devourers are never used.
Ghosts and valkaries are barely used.
>>
>>336260006
Ehhhh I'd say Wraiths are better just because they can cloak and are cheaper/quicker to mass up
>>
Dark archons, valkyrie
>>
>>336260015
Ghosts really are useless without nukes, and even then they need the vision and cloak upgrades in order to not totally suck ass
>>
>>336260015
>>336260173
>Dark archons
Really? I would have thought that maelstrom would be extremely useful.
>>
>>336260006
Goliaths have longer range, are cheaper and actually have a fairly good ground attack, science vessels can irradiate mutas and protoss have corsairs.

>>336260312
You have to give up two dts to get the archon, then make the archon and wait for the energy. Yod' be better off throwing the dts at the other players workers.
>>
>>336260243
Lockdown would be useful if it wasn't 100 energy. Ghosts are just too expensive gas wise.
>>
>>336260312
Not really, I mean, stasis can do basically the same thing with all the benefits of having an arbiter

DAs are just too vulnerable, not worth sacrificing two DTs
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.