[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>slowly grind away everything that made the world feel real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: wall2-1440x900.jpg (348 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
wall2-1440x900.jpg
348 KB, 1440x900
>slowly grind away everything that made the world feel real and immersive.

How did they not see what they were doing...
>>
>>336253401

They changed the game from being an immersive world to being just another "watch your numbers go up really fast" simulator
>>
>>336253401
Gotta get that wider audience anon. What Blizzard failed to realize was A) MMORPG audience is not infinite and B) they would giving the cold shoulder to their old players.
>>
They had video game heroin and they lost it.
I just want to be addicted again and give actiblizz my money, is that so wrong?
>>
>>336253620
It feels like come WOTLK Activision had fully taken over and the game was changed to cater to what the marketers wanted. The marketer's decided the game needed to be more accessible and playable by ANYONE with 4 buttons on their keyboards.
All the while telling the gaming fan base that grew up with blizzard to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>336253401
I tried playing modern WoW and I just couldn't handle how easy it was. I know it's a starting area, but even at level 1 I was an unstoppable god in PvE. How is it even a "game" if there isn't any challenge?
>>
>>336253620
>>336253825
But anons, WoW was ALWAYS casual. It's just that nowadays everyone can see it as opposed to back at launch when only EQ1 players called it out for casual nature. It DID grasp the attention of wider audience straight from, the get-go.
>>
>>336254104

It reached the magic sweet spot only to sprint right past it.
>>
File: 1386240659582.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1386240659582.gif
580 KB, 480x360
>>336254104
>But anons, WoW was ALWAYS casual.

Sure explains why everyone beat AQ 40 and Naxx 40, eh?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDwIo5_AMo
>>
>>336253969
Because "game" and "challenge" have nothing to do with each other? Games are played because they are fun, and challenges are not fun.
>>
>>336253401
Total incompetency and chunks of the team leaving following each release or being designated to other projects (such as Titan). And then there's the rare cases of utter stupidity, like when they fired the man behind the Warlock quest in MoP because he made mean comments about how stupid the people are that he worked with.

I'm pretty sure there's nobody left from the team that made classic besides story people, and the good talent they get that has a clue is ignored by the moron team leaders like Chilton, Stockton, Jay, and Brack.
>>
>>336254973

>my personal opinion is an objective fact.
>>
>>336253401

https://youtu.be/SMCVe5TnC94
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.