[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I can't get a straight answer on this. Is Mother 2 a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: starman.jpg (46 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
starman.jpg
46 KB, 540x960
So I can't get a straight answer on this. Is Mother 2 a remake of Mother 1?
>>
No it's not.
>>
>>336251884
No, there's some elements that are present in both but Mother 2 is a sequel. That being said, Mother 1 isn't really important to understanding Mother 2 or Mother 3.
>>
A sequel and a remake at the same time.
>>
File: ma190[1].gif (15 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
ma190[1].gif
15 KB, 256x224
No, it's a clear sequel.
>>
It's a very similar game, but no. It's not a remake.
In both games you play as a american-type boy with a baseball cap on a journey to collect all eight melodies and defeat giygas.
>>
It's sort of like the Metal Gear Solid to Mother's Metal Gear 2.
>>
>>336251884
Mother 2 is to Mother 1 what Super Metroid was the Metroid.
>>
https://yomuka.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/famitsu-06191992/

>The player names the main character of MOTHER 2, so it’s entirely up to the player to decide if he’s the same person as MOTHER 1’s main character. If you want them to be the same, then they’re the same. If you don’t want them to be the same, they don’t have to. His suggestion seems to be to think of them as the same, though.
>>
>>336254071
Reboot remake?
>>
>>336254071
The third installment?
>>
Yes.
>>
Earthbound is to Mother what The Force Awakens is to a New Hope.
It carries on from the story of the former, while at the same time retreading a lot of the same plot elements.
>>
>>336254834
If they're the same what happen to his other sister?
>>
>>336256217
only difference is that EB is superior to M1
>>
>>336256965
So exactly like Force Awakens?
>>
>>336258634
No.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.