[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Uncharted is QTE cinematic shit >What? Where are the QTEs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Nathan Dwake.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nathan Dwake.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
>Uncharted is QTE cinematic shit
>What? Where are the QTEs in Uncharted? I've played all of the games and can't even remember any. In fact, during set pieces you always have full control.
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
hello?
>>
>>336250368
Are we human?
>>
>>336250235
What meme? The games are designed as you being in control as much as possible. Shit that would be cutscenes in other games is playable instead. Take the car chase in 2 where you jumped and climbed between cars while shooting.

Also if you look at how much time in these games consist of cutscenes you'll notice that it's far lower than what you'd think. In U2 it's sub 1h30m and the average time for a player to beat the game is almost 11h.
>>
Personally I've only played the first game and the only QTEs are very sparingly like when a rock is about to crush you and you have to press circle or whatever to get out of the way, I'd assume they're very rare in the other games much like that.
>>
>>336250235
Have you forgotten Uncharted 1 entirely?
>>
>>336252076
I mean it was a really long time ago
>>
>>336252076
My mom didn't let me play M rated games xDDD
>>
you act like to be a movie game, you need qtes. uncharted is still mostly walking around and dialogue. the only bits of gameplay are uninspired chest high wall wave of enemy rooms that they include for the sole purpose of padding the length of the game (and being able to sell it as a game). it's a b-movie with gameplay tacked on later, deal with it plebbo sony drony.
>>
>>336252336
Why do you comment on games you've never played?
>>
>>336251890

I don't think those kinds of QTEs were even in subsequent games. I don't blame them, honestly; most of the QTEs in Uncharted 1 were a bit cheap and out of nowhere. I would never be expecting them.
>>
>>336252405
i played through all three on my roomates ps3. they're absolutely movie-first games. they play as such, they're advertised as such, they're revered as such. denying the movie game formula just makes you look silly.
>>
>>336252746
You've never played an uncharted game in your life, junior.
>>
>>336252804
i played through all three. what you're doing now is panicking and trying to make up any excuse because your an addicted consumer who worships corporations.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.