[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /v/ your place to go for videogames? For me it is because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1461494620049.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461494620049.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
Why is /v/ your place to go for videogames?

For me it is because the threshold is such that for a real good game to be on the market it would have to be talked about with positiveness and eagerness on here otherwise it is fodder.
>>
File: leo.gif (997 KB, 286x225) Image search: [Google]
leo.gif
997 KB, 286x225
>>336244441

For the shitposting
>>
>>336244583
Haha nice pic and comment.
>>
>>336244441
>Why is /v/ your place to go for videogames?

It's not but there's nowhere else to go
>>
>>336244441
There's no "commonly accepted" opinion here, unlike anywhere else. That's pretty much it.

It's not much, but at least your opinions are challenged, and you're not subjected to confirmation bias 24/7.
>>
>>336244692
forums.digitalspy. co. uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5

digital spy forum.
>>
>>336244736
Yes yes, it is all challenged opinions. I like seeing hype like dark souls 2 get defeated hardcore, its nice.
>>
File: 1433489493915.png (63 KB, 271x272) Image search: [Google]
1433489493915.png
63 KB, 271x272
50% Habit
50% To see trailers as soon as they come out.

I do not take this place even remotely seriously.
>>
>>336244870
Nice i need that sort of filter.
>>
I can shit talk you faggots and nobody will know that it was me. Being anonymous brings people to be more honest
>>
>>336244864
See ? If you have any opinion, you can be sure that someone is going to explain why you're wrong in minutes.
>>
>>336244441
I really only come here to look at video game collection and have an occasional laugh. I don't take many of the opinions shared here seriously.
>>
>>336245067
Fuck yea, none of that , "oh hai gordonM6 you been of for a few days, how was Bioshock?" And then you talk shit about his asslicky he is and get banned. On here they can't exist.
>>
I do not take anything on the internet or social media seriously. It's gotten easier than ever to shill, troll, and false flag shit, and people seem even less aware of it.
>>
>>336245160
I love that yeah. Especially when being the observer.
>>336245163
Yeah me too. I take opinions seriously only cuz some peeps on here to games well, i like to assume.
>>
>>336244441
The mirror threads are the only reason i come here.
>>
>>336245375
No don't take it seriously. Otherwise you stupid shit like buy a $50 game and it is geared towards 12 year old kids.
>>
>>336245524
Mirror threads? Referrals to websites? Same here if so. I cba surfing the web for sheet.
>>
>nearly no moderation
>no registration and name bullshitting
>less shilling than on other sites
>threads for games I really like
>funposting
>>
Don't have friends to talk about good vidi games with in real life.
>>
>>336244441
It's not, /vr/ is. I just come here when the board is particularly slow.
>>
Biggest reason is that I've been here for like seven years. Moving on to a different site would require me to learn a new culture, site history, posting methods, what is allowed, and more. That's way too much effort just to talk about vidya.

Another reason is that I always prefer cautious pessimism to outright optimism. When /v/ shits on a game 24/7 it keeps me expectations low. So then, if the game turns out to actually be good, /v/ actually enjoying it makes for a fantastic atmosphere and can often times ensure that the product is quality. See the whole Deus Ex HR time. But if a game is just shit, /v/ doesn't hide it. There is no sugarcoating it, no babying people who had fun, just outright hatred and criticism for what is bad. And most of the time, if you really look at threads, there's at least a few people putting the time in to explain in detail exactly what went wrong. That kind of dedication and effort is fantastic because blindly criticizing a game is often times just as bad as blindly praising it. Final reason would be because there's very little censorship of opinions here. If you want to call someone a goddamn retard for enjoying something you don't like you won't get banned or downvoted until your opinion simply vanishes. I appreciate being able to call someone out without worrying about people thinking I'm not politically correct or appropriate in my tone. Also, if I say stupid shit and get called out then realize what I did, there is no reputation. I fucked up, but who cares, you're anonymous. Just learn from whatever stupid shit you said and move on. Your opinion is still valid since you're just like everyone else.

/v/ is just the best place to go at the current moment if you just want to discuss vidya. At least until it all burns down.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.