[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this, haven't touched it yet, nor played any games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ds3.jpg (8 KB, 187x186) Image search: [Google]
ds3.jpg
8 KB, 187x186
Just got this, haven't touched it yet, nor played any games from the series previously.

Any tips, hints or specific builds that would be good that could help me out?

General discussion otherwise
>>
>>336241603
Go in blind, souls games are easy if you know what's coming and miserable if you don't.

the fun lies in those brief moments of respite surrounded by misery
>>
Tip: play Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne instead
>>
Quality build as Knight is a very good option for people to learn and experiment. Basically means you get your STR and DEX to 40 and the rest of the stats, depending on what you want out of your build, are personal preference but for your first go it's probably a good idea to get your vigor to the softcap, 27, and vit and endurance as much as you want. Unless you're doing PvP I would avoid magic of any kind.
>>
>>336241927
I don't plan on doing much pvp, I chose Herald though since I enjoy using spears, though knight would of been my second pick.

I'm only in the starting/tutorial area so far though, should I restart so I get my build right?
>>
>>336241603
Knight
VIG/VIT/END/STR/DEX
Dark sword
Havel set
cloranthy ring/ring of favor/havel ring/ring of steel protection

anyone who doesn't do this is a cuck faggot who likes to get rammed by 10 invaders
>>
>>336241603
If you feel overwhelmed, take a step back, stay calm and try a new approach, the Souls games often design the items and treasures in an area to be helpful in getting through that area, or sometimes depending on the order, the area coming up.

They do a good job of always giving you a solution nearby to find if nothing else is working for you.

Don't be in a rush to upgrade everything, most starting gear is totally fine for the first couple of areas of the game and in some cases you can go through the whole game like that just fine, but it doesn't hurt to experiment with different weapons.

If you don't meet the requirements to use a weapon, you can still try it out and basically test it's moveset, it just won't do much damage until your stats meet the requirement.
>>
Dark Souls is like a metaphor for life.

You get kicked in the nuts multiple times just so you can relish in the eventual release of endorphin that somehow makes all that pain feel good.

It's why I think real life is just a simulation; a relatively hardcore video game. I sometimes ask, if that were true, why would I subject myself to this bullshit? Life sucks, it's got like a 80:20 pain:pleasure ratio.

Then I realize I willingly play Dark Souls and subject myself to the same types of frustrations as real life.
>>
>>336242139
Knight might be more practical as a first time player, longsword is really good, and the shield is a good safety net.

It's just a really solid class all around, but classes eventually won't matter as you level whatever you feel like up.
>>
>>336242470
So far I'm enjoying Herald, is it possible to go only spear and no shield? ( I know that's dumb as I'll lose out on defence and block, but I'm just wondering if you can )
>>
>>336242601
Oh you definitely don't *have* to have a shield, in that case you'll just have to learn to roll well.
>>
>>336241603
Start with Dark Souls 1 and 2 instead? I just did and it's fun as hell, bought 3 and DLC immediately.
>>
>>336242601
Rolling has invincibility during it's animation (how much so can vary I believe), so in most cases you can roll around an enemy and roll straight through their attack if you time it right and not take damage.

But always make sure you keep your equipment weight below 70%, you'll see it as you equip/unequip stuff, if you equip too much and go beyond 70% you'll have a slow "fat" roll that won't be very useful and will leave you vulnerable

Sometimes just taking off a helmet for example can make a major difference in how you move.
>>
Investigate everything, if you see some sort of badass creature blocking the way to a place and it kills you in like 2 seconds, you can probably find a way to get past it or cheese it and kill it anyway and find some treasure.

The only real "Hard Blocks" in Dark Souls are cliffs that lead into the abyss or doors you can't open yet.
>>
>>336242148
>spam sword
>doesn't wear right or left eye of the pontiff
It's like you don't want to win.
>>
going through all the other games before getting 3, just started Demon's Souls. So far the hardest part is finding the fucking monumental

at the underground level now after the game told me to fuck off elsewhere after Tower Knight, using halberd but I have no idea what stats are important. Vitality was important in BB but is it the same case here?
>>
>>336241603
i recommend starting out with dark souls 2. to me 2 felt like a easier game to get into and get started. its still a challenging souls game but it a bit less complex in level designs, and items are just peppered everywhere that are quite helpful like life gems for example.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.