[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Master Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: masterquest.jpg (148 KB, 937x492) Image search: [Google]
masterquest.jpg
148 KB, 937x492
I've never played OoT's Master Quest and was thinking about finally getting to it on the 3DS version of the game. I know that the whole game is mirrored and that you take more damage from enemies.

I also know that it changes up the dungeons quite a bit. But does it also change things on he world map, such as heart piece locations and such? I don't know if I want to play it if doesn't change anything except for the dungeons themselves.
>>
I don't think so.

The only changes in the original Master Quest are to the dungeons. If the 3D version is mirrored, thn by definition, the heart piece locations are changed, but I'm not too positive.
>>
>>336237119
no, all the heart piece's stay the same.

Man, master quest is fucking weird. The changes they make to the dungeons are just strange.
>>
>>336237473
Ok, thanks. I might give it a try but I don't know if I won't drop it before getting to the fun parts. I wished they'd changed the world map locations up too.
>>
>>336237689
Strange in what ways?
>>
>>336237119
>But does it also change things on he world map, such as heart piece locations and such?
No.
And consider that the modified dungeons are almost always worse than the originals.
>>
>>336238490
one of the dungeons has a fucking cow for an eye button
>>
do the 3 heart broken sword challenge in master quest OP
>>
>>336237119
the sattelite games of LoZ are good too,but remember to download the edited version with no timer if you can't speedrun it
>>
>>336238490
I remember one moment when you had to light up torches to open a gate to the boss key from the other side of it by using Din's Fire. I thought it was pretty clever.
>>
>>336238934
>>336240595
cool.

i guess i'm playing through master's quest then

does majora's 3d have anything like that?
>>
>>336240595
>That fucking puzzle
Was by itself about half the time I spent in the Master Quest version of the Fire Temple
>>
>>336241114
Fair warning: It gets really fucking confusing/tedious by the Spirit Temple. At least the way I played through it. I dunno if there was a simpler way.
As for MM, I've no knowledge of a Master Quest. Maybe a Hero Mode, but I don't know for sure.

>>336241364
It's been a while, but I don't remember that in the MQ Fire Temple...I was referring to the Water Temple.
>>
>>336241114
Nah MM 3D doesn't have anything, not even hero mode. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>1 arrow left
>have to shoot an eye switch that is closed to open it
>think this is the solution but don't want to risk it so go all the way back to town and come back

Why was MQ Shadow Temple such a mindfuck
>>
> I know that the whole game is mirrored and that you take more damage from enemies.

No it doesn't. Play the original version of Master Quest.
>>
It might be a glitch rather than Master Quest specific, but when I went under the well, I beat that white guy with the long arms, and the chest spawned, but when I opened the chest, the boss respawned and I had to fight him again. Genuinely scared me there.
>>
>>336238719
Hello memeSouls fag
>>
No one has mentioned the brutal trick in the Ice Cavern of putting the fucking torch you have to light under the god damn floor? Yeah, the floor is ice and semi-transparent, but come on.
>>
>>336242279
Oh, maybe it wasn't the Fire Temple then. It's been a few years since I played it. It might have been a crystal switch that you had to hit with a charged spin attack?
>>
>>336243253
I don't remember clearly, but I wouldn't count it out to take advantage of that enhanced hit box. One unrelated thing that I do recall though is having to backflip to catch that Silver Rupee in the Fire portion of Ganon's Castle.
>>
>>336237119
The cows are switches.
>>
>>336245579
That's a cool name for a badn
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.