[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Dragon's Dogma thread? Guest starring DDO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: DD Thread.jpg (68 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
DD Thread.jpg
68 KB, 670x377
Can we have a Dragon's Dogma thread?
Guest starring DDON edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Bg3R8YYIk

What are you looking forward to in a sequel? Will we ever get a sequel to the single best game of its kind?
>>
>>336236936
Seeing as how there isn't even a chance we will get Dragon's Dogma Online, I doubt we'll see a DD 2.
>>
>>336236936
I hope for either:
A: a more complete and less empty open world
B: a more interesting dungeon crawler-style map
I'd say B would be better.
Also a story that doesn't feel unfinished and more enemies.
>>
>>336237037
Can always bite the bullet and go play with them on their servers. For all intents and purposes that's probably the only bone we'll get that's DD related for a long time
>>
>>336236936
>What are you looking forward to in a sequel?
Weather and a cooking mini game.
>>
>>336236936

Sequel won't happen. It just won't. To do justice requires more time and at least an equal budget - likely more. Capcom won't pony up.
>>
It's full of super good ideas with really bad execution, and I wouldn't trust the studio with a sequel. I'd rather just have Capcom stick to Monster Hunter desu.
>>
File: Design_Works0025.jpg (319 KB, 1200x1658) Image search: [Google]
Design_Works0025.jpg
319 KB, 1200x1658
>>336237396
Exactly. This is a company that barely managed to fund SFV, an even more popular IP for a fraction of the cost. They won't ask Itsuno to spend five years doing another Dragon's Dogma when DD1 sold two million copies in its lifetime.
>>
>>336237423
>with really bad execution
It's one of the best executed ARPG's to date. It has ambition and does nail a couple of key points while having other flaws. First and foremost being the top-notch gameplay.
>>
File: coldpepe.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
coldpepe.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>What are you looking forward to in a sequel?
pets, pets would be bretty kool
>>
>>336237652
>Top notch game play
Dark souls does it better. The only thing that this game has going for it is its world and even that's half finished
>>
>>336237652
>empty world
>no enemy variety
>you fight the biggest wild creature in the tutorial level
>the hydra teases you into thinking you can actually fight shit like that
>garbage writing
>mundane main/side quests
>extremely repetetive - the only way to keep the game fresh is to constantly switch vocations

It has nice particles and the spellcasting is nice, but you're delusional if you think this is anything more than an average game.
>>
>>336239003
>>you fight the biggest wild creature in the tutorial level
You don't fight any cyclopes in the tutorial.
>>the hydra teases you into thinking you can actually fight shit like that
Anon, you can fight the hydra later in the game several times. It's almost like you didn't play the game.
>>
The only thing I want is more monsters. I got a bit sick of wolves and goblins by the end of it.
>>
>>336239168
>You don't fight any cyclopes in the tutorial.
I'd say a cyclops is a lower tier than Griffons, but whatever. The point is that you get teased into thinking you're going to find all kinds of shit, when in reality it's just Griffons, Cyclopses, and a Drake, and the Griffon is used for 2/3 of the game's boss battles, despite being a normal monster you can just encounter on the map.

>Anon, you can fight the hydra later in the game several times. It's almost like you didn't play the game.

Post-game doesn't count.
>>
>>336239462
not him but
1: you encounter it before ending the game several times
he was probably right you didn't actually play.
2: what the hell does it mean anyway that it doesn't count?
>>
>>336239462
You can actually fight a hydra after following a really hard to follow "sub-quest", but yeah nobody gets it on their first run
>>
>>336237423
>wanting more rehashes

Sequels are meant to improve upon.
>>
>>336239462
>I'd say a cyclops is a lower tier than Griffons, but whatever
What are you babbling about? The cyclops is bigger than the griffon.
>Post-game doesn't count.
Good, because you can fight against one before post-game.
>>
>>336239672
>>336239703
Ok, well then you have cyclops, griffons, a drake, and hydras that I guess I missed, wolves, and goblins. That's awful variety for a game that puts 90% of its focus on combat.
>>
>>336239973
yes. we know. we were pointing out these two points
>you fight the biggest wild creature in the tutorial level
>the hydra teases you into thinking you can actually fight shit like that
in this post >>336239003

that's exactly why people want a sequel: because the first got rushed (supposedly by capcom, not the actual devs) and a new one could have all the good without any of the bad.
>>
>>336240175
I know. That's why I said it's full of good ideas, but executed awfully. The beginning of the game is so fucking rad, but once you realize that you've already fought all of the monsters in the game in the first four hours, and that the only thing ahead is higher-level versions, it's really disheartening. Then you realize that the map isn't as big as it looks before you uncover the fog, and the depression sets in.

I like it a lot, and I hope there's a sequel, don't get me wrong.
>>
>>336240457
Yep, we agree on that. It was the same for me.
We can only wait and hope though.
>>
Dragon's Dogma threads are the most depression place on the planet
>>
>>336239462
You fight a Griffin in the tutorial? I don't remember that at all.
>>
>>336240827
Funny, I thought they were the best on this board after DeS threads. Only now it became a bit lame, but the game is out for a long time now.
>>
>>336239462
Are you the autist that derailed a previous DD thread with this shit? You can stop. Really. Just stop.
>>
>>336238421
>dark souls does it better.

Go fuck yourself with that bullshit please.
>>
>>336237303
How does the story feel unfinished? Things are pretty clear by the end. Especially with
Bitterblack;s story expanding on the possibilities for arisen.
I want to say you played bitterblack because its exactly what you listed in item B, But with your opinion on the story im not sure.
>>
>>336239168
A cyclopes is literally the first big creature you fight.
I'd say up to the camp is tutorial.
>>
File: dragonsdogma.jpg (18 KB, 358x110) Image search: [Google]
dragonsdogma.jpg
18 KB, 358x110
>>336239973
>>336239003
>>336240457
>what is cockatrice
>what is succubus
>what is garm
>what is strigoi
>what is siren
>what is firedrake
>what is thunderwyvern
>what is frostwyrm
>what is undead dragon
>what is corrupted pawn
>what is ogre/elder ogre (apparently they turn gay when they get old)
every thread people complain about lack of variety and story being shit, it's like they never play post-dragon and BBI. the game is awesome for what it is, sure it has a lot flaws but storyline, mob variety and game world being empty are just comments of someone who's played the game for only 10-15 hours max, every region in the game has almost exclusive mobs, treasures, materials and it's packed with them and no mobs are not just reskins, they come with a whole different set of abilities that require you to change your strategy.
>>
>>336241331
This. The combat isn't similar in the slightest.
>>
I would totally play DD online if it was in english, but you know.

>capcom
>>
>>336241495
It feels rushed by the end. It's really slow paced at first, then suddenly in under 3 hours of gameplay everything happens. Grigori, the hole in gran-soren leading to the everfall, Seneschal... it all happens so fast it feels like something was in between al that stuf but it got discarded.
>>
>>336241843
How do I make a cool character and a good pawn I want to stick with through the whole thing?

And also just how do I get gud at this game?
Are there any guides similar to the DkS1 image macro thing?
>>
>>336236936
The Alch class in Online looks rad
Should definitely be in the sequel
>>
>>336238421
>Go onto your average DaS forum.
>Oh yeah I played DD, it's different but I really liked it.
>Go onto your average DD forum.
>DARK SOULS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

What are you even doing, man.
>>
>>336242417
It's always the same autist doing posts like that. Could also be someone wanting to bait a flame war. He's spewing shit post after post.
>>
>>336242280
Well yeah, the game is notorious for having loads of cut content but the story is still coherent and excellent as far as world building goes. Info is revealed at a high speed near the end but all the shit you are told is foreshadowed besides the Senechal itself.
I'd like more general world lore too, but you're framing this as if we are missing vital information but we really aren't.
>>
File: 1459878563607.jpg (191 KB, 565x530) Image search: [Google]
1459878563607.jpg
191 KB, 565x530
>>336242320
for character, you can go with whatever the fuck you want until BBI, in BBI shit gets real, thousand kisses, tenfold flurry, dire gouge, ninefold bolt, ricochet hunter perform way better than other skills so yellow hybrid and pure vocations have the edge, you can disagree all you like i've tried every class with BIS gear, weapon and skill rings, blue and red vocations don't come anywhere near the yellows in terms of survival, flexibility and damage output.
for pawn there are several choices, if you want the pawn for your needs, your best choice is either a mage if you're yellow/red or a sorcerer if you're playing a sorcerer aswell for the spell sync. if you want to whore your pawn,people take either mages, sorcerers for sync, rangers for physical range dps and fighters for being useless meat shield, almost all of them are in need except mages are in more of a high demand compared to other 2. there are lots of guides out there but if you stick to the wiki before you do quests you'll have absolutely no problem, the pages are very detailed. don't fall for the mix/max meme, it doesn't matter. always carry mushrooms/large mushrooms depending on your stamina pool(i buy about 150-200 everytime i go to shop), spam the shit out of them.
>>
>>336243493
mostly agree w/ this but: (1) FWIW i think fighter is easily the funnest class, even if it is underpowered in BBI, and (2) sorcerer can easily handle BBI. If you can pull off a big spell, you can 1-shot most things, for everything else there's focused bolt.
>>
>>336243741
>Sorcerer can easily handle BBI
all classes can *handle* BBI, they just underperform compared to arrow(especially with blast arrows) and climbing attacks with any BBI weapon that's enchanted with the right pact skill.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.