[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled and the honeymoon phase is over,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: ds3.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
ds3.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Now that the dust has settled and the honeymoon phase is over, can we now agree that this has by far been the weakest Souls title yet? Forgettable npcs with bugged quests triggers, broken covenants, worthless variety of weapons that arent straight swords, hyperarmor is useless against bosses that can stagger you anyway, incoherent lore that is nothing but cashing in on DS1 nostalgia, weak endings that dont really serve to wrap up the franchise, and worst of all, manages to be even less innovative than Dark Souls 2 despite being helmed by Miyazaki.

I now know why Miyazaki felt unsure of himself and lacked confidence with the game, especially after he apologized to testers if DS3 felt incomplete in an interview last November. He was running out of ideas and is nothing but a glorified, one trick pony. Makes sense why they are dropping the series altogether.
>>
No we can't go fuck your mother
>>
>honeymoon phase

Barret poster everyone, ignore him
>>
>>336232269
No, it's already been decided it's the best Souls game yet.
>>
>>336232269
agreed its so weak even BB looks better.
>>
>>336232269
mechanically it hangs together better than Dark Souls 1, which as much as I love it went completely off the rails after anal rodeo and fell to pieces.

Dark Souls 2 had a lot of systemic problems with poise, hexes, soul memory and adaptability, but the level structure was actually really good and it had a good variety of areas. It was held back by a poor variety of enemies (oh hey dudes in armor) As much shit as DS2 gets they did a great job with covenants having interesting differences and allowing hollows to get invaded so that it happens a lot more than in DS1

Bloodborne threw out the pretty much perfect estus system for fucking blood vials, which by itself was a huge systemic problem for the game. Any time you actually start struggling you have to stop progressing for a bit so you can go farm up more goddamn blood vials which ruins the flow of practicing hard areas. As much as Bloodborne likes victorian dystopia land it kind of sucks that literally 90% of the game takes place in areas that all look the same (BUT ALSO SNAKES, HEY LOOK A SNAKE AREA SUDDENLY SNAKES EVERYWHERE) Bloodborne did a good job with weapon variety by paring down the total number but making each one fun to use and interesting.

I'm honestly not sure how I rate each game, there are pieces of each that I like and pieces that I don't like. I enjoy all of the soulsborne games on their own merits and I think DS3 is good and enjoyable. I don't have any desire to go back, but that's partially because multiplayer dies once the new game comes out.
>>
>>336234796
>adp is bad
Can we stop this meme?
>>
>>336235126
It's not a meme, what sense is there having a stat you need to waste souls on just to not feel like you're walking around in mud?
>>
>>336232269
are you a retard? you better be
>>
>>336232269
DaS3 is a repetitive, easy, short, copy-paste cash-grab IMO. How many levels are castles/cathedrals? I count 3, Cathedral of the Deep, Anor Londo, Lothric Castle. How many levels from DaS1 are re-used? I count 5, Lower Blighttown (Farron Keep), Catacombs (Catacombs of Carthus), Lost Izalith (Smouldering Lake), Duke's Archives (Grand Archives), and Anor Londo, they didn't bother to change the level layout with this one. How many times did you fight the same enemies in different levels? I don't mean thematic variations of the same enemy, I mean the exact same enemy. FFS you start the game in High Wall of Lothric, and near the end you fight the EXACT same enemies in Lothric Castle.
>>
>>336235318
it balance melee you cuck caster also need to waste points in attunement.
>>
>>336235493
And the cherry on top, the second phase of the final boss is literally Gwyn, again.

I regret buying DaS3 at full price, and fuck sequels in general.
>>
>>336235695
But adp significantly affects melee and casters. Anyone who requires moving.
>>
>>336235493
>>336235883
I'm going to take the lack of replies to mean this is the consensus opinion on /v/
>>
File: 1433318831003.jpg (213 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
1433318831003.jpg
213 KB, 1600x1584
>>336232269
Heres your (You)
>>
>>336235883
You didn't learn from das2?

>Miyazaki is here this time! B team won't fuck it up!
>>
>>336237840
>fuck sequels in general
>>
Which of you fuckers did this

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Deep+Gem
>>
>>336237312
Or maybe no one wants to argue with a contrarion faggot
>>
>>336238123
I presume you have a counter argument which you don't want to bother exposing. Go on, I won't fight you.
>>
>>336232269
Is it worth buying yet or should I wait for the complete version like Dark Souls II? Luckly last time I didn't get buy all the DLC but did get suckered in to buying the game twice to get the DLC. Is that going to happen again?
>>
>>336238245
Wait for the full version or buy on sale.
>>
>>336232269
Dark Souls 3 is weak in terms of story, NPCs and lore, but Miyazaki is not a one trick pony.

I'm starting to think he just doesn't give a shit about Dark Souls anymore, and hopefully the new IP will truly be something completely different
>>
>>336239936
This! He's fed up with Dark Souls and just wants to take the meta-series in a different direction.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.