[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games that are atleast 2x longer than the standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: lamulana_Boxshot.jpg (374 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
lamulana_Boxshot.jpg
374 KB, 480x600
What are some games that are atleast 2x longer than the standard for their genre?

Most 2D metroidvanias are like 6-9 hours long, this is about 20-30 long but most people take 70-90 to beat it.
>>
File: 1462162988619.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462162988619.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>336222368
Thanks for reminding me that La Mulana 2 is never coming out
>>
>>336222796
It'll come out, but there's definitely gonna be multiple delays.
>>
>>336222796
I just donated 170$ to it

Will it come out now?
>>
>>336222796
>>336223703
>>336223462
Are you faggots fucking joking? They keep releasing progress updates. If it doesn't come out it'll be because they've run out of money, which I doubt.
>>
>>336222796
>implying devs based as Naramura-sensei would pull a Mighty No. 9
>>
>>336224221
Who is Naramura, really?

We only know him as the always-depressed-looking curry addict who made La-mulana, but what made him become such a genius?
>>
>>336222796
It's a pain to read those progress updates. Some of the recent ones were about the logo and what waterfalls should look like.

I'm glad that they're doing something, but it's going to take a long time before they get the game ready like this.
>>
>>336224221
>Check his twitter
>See that he likes Momodora 4
I don't understand how someone who could make LM could like such garbage.

Also I donated 50$ to the playism site and I can't get access to the backer forum, what gives?
>>
>>336224395
>Focusing on polish and nuance is bad.
Kys
>>
>>336224395
I've always thought their progress updates were always really short too.

Also why are they even spending time/money working in unity? I mean I doubt anyone would have complained if they reused the first games engine.
>>
>>336224543
>Focusing on polish and nuances before even doing the basics

I mean, for all I know they could be actually making progress with the game too. But they're only reporting these little things.
>>
>>336224362
No seriously what do we know about naramura
>>
>>336224491

You have to e-mail playism. The forum accounts are manually activated for your e-mail. The forum is pretty dead, though. That said, it lets you see the kickstarter updates.

>>336224846

I think the last they mentioned about the actual game, they were finishing map data and enemy behaviors.
>>
>>336224640
They probably wanted to do things they couldn't with the previous engine. Working with unity isn't a waste of time or money compared to building a new engine or updating an old one.
>>
>>336224964
I emailed them but didn't get a single response in two days
>>
>>336224997

It was the weekend, so that might have effected it. It's also golden week in Japan, where the site is based, so they might not be running at full power. It might not be until the 4th before you get a response.
>>
>>336224640
Because they can do more stuff, like rotating platforms.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.