[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too much Dark Souls negativity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Dark-Souls-3-1.jpg (901 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-1.jpg
901 KB, 1920x1080
ITT we discuss the positive, best parts of the 3 souls games.

1: Atmosphere, music and enemy design.

2: Well I guess theres lots of content in the DLC I guess.

3. Online, combat mechanics, "story", pump-a-rum.
>>
Music in 3 is pretty cool.
>>
I can finally go through the game without having to worry about red phantoms hurting me or my feelings.
>>
Too much Dark Souls period.
>>
theres nothing positive to say about dark souls 2
>>
>>336222202
Uhh, it had better graphics than 1?
>>
>>336222254
it actually doesnt lol
much blurrier overall, worse textures, shitty animations, worse lighting etc
>>
Bloodborne exists, and it came before Dark Souls 3. There can never be a positive thing to say after such a drastic step backwards. It's more widely available, though, so that means that BB is complete and utter garbage.
>>
>>336222294
except bloodborne only accommodates one build while souls accommodates several
>>
File: Ziegvurd.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Ziegvurd.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>336222286
Hmm, hmm. Hmm? Oh! I believe the combat is a tad bit refined from the first in the series.
>>
>>336222503
I'd disagree there too, adaptability ruins rolling, weapons degrade way too fast, dual wielding was half assed, raising your shield is tied to your agility, etc
>>
1's connected world feels great.

2's DLC is the best in the series because it uses stage gimmicks in an interesting and fitting manner.

3 is creatively bankrupt, but having 2 estus flasks with the ability to allocate is a genius evolution of the flask from DS1. If only magic wasn't trash.
>>
>3 souls games
you mean 4? demons souls exists too fucker
>>
File: catarina.jpg (30 KB, 298x325) Image search: [Google]
catarina.jpg
30 KB, 298x325
>>336222581
Oh my. Seems like you don't favor the sequel much. No matter, but I'm sure there is at least one thing that you can find appealing about it? How about the new HUD, or the invasion system?
>>
>>336222581
um. Let me think. How about the armour sets? Lots of good fashion souls in 2
>>
>>336222581
>adaptability ruins rolling
No it doesn't.
>weapons degrade way too fast
It's a better alternative than having durability mean absolutely nothing.
>dual wielding was half assed
It could've been better but the other games didn't even try.
>raising your shield is tied to your agility
No it isn't.
>>
>>336222757
Don't bother, anon. Only you and me played it.
>>
>>336223926
Adaptability objectively ruined rolling.
>>
Demon's had great atmosphere and was a very unique experience at the time for me when it came out. The game will always hold a special spot for me with the Maiden in Black, the Nexus, the various NPCs, and figuring out questlines and tendancy.

DaS1 had cool world structure, interesting monster/enemy designs, and the covenant system introduction was appreciated. Invasions in here were fun too and less frustrating than DeS but the online was flawed.

DaS2 had cool ideas like power stancing, introducing hexes, and lots of gear options, but the level designs and shortcuts were pretty bad. In addition, it looked pretty bad itself and bosses were pretty bland mostly.

Bloodborne was nice as an action game but lacked more RPG elements. The chalice dungeons were fucking boring too. The singleplayer content overall was great though, and Old Hunters DLC was superb.

DaS3 I haven't beaten yet, but it feels like a weird mix of Bloodborne with DaS. Some enemies feel out of place, and some covenants are redundant or completely broken. The areas remind me of a more impressive DaS2 or what it should've been instead. Bosses aren't as cool as Bloodborne but most are pretty solid.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.