[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What woul make you buy an NX?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: image.jpg (377 KB, 1439x2043) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377 KB, 1439x2043
Is there anything nnintendo could do to win you over? Have you lost all trust/hope? Or do you still support the big N and their unique games?
>>
>>336220774
Fuck no. Nintendo has shat on their consumers for too long.
>>
>>336220774
Wii U games being re-released on NX uncensored. Free if you already own them on Wii U
>>
After all of this nothing for two years, there better be five games worth buying at launch.
>>
>>336220774
if I had small children that needed to be entertained with shitty rehashed platformers, maybe
>>
>>336220987
Well there will be one for sure. What do you want the rest 4 to be? FFXV?
>>
>>336220774
>What woul make you buy an NX?
It being backwards compatible with all WiiU games. Also about 3-4 years to build a good library of exclusives, at which point I will buy everything that's not still full retail price and directly downloadable.
>>
>>336220774
>he does it every single day
I hope someone is paying you for this.
>>
>>336220774

>what would make you buy an nx

A release.
>>
Nothing. Wasn't interested in Nintendo games and they basically told everyone who doesn't like them to go fuck themself. Releasing another console mid generation basically means that they'll try to get third party support again which will fail horribly because like 70-80 million people already own platforms that play exactly those games.
>>
>>336221047
I don't even care what, just anything to justify all of this empty space going on with the Wii U. I kept hoping this was happening because they had everyone developing for NX, so if that's not the case, I can chalk it all up to incompetency and hold off on buying the NX.

For fuck's sake, Zelda had better release at launch after all these delays.
>>
File: image.png (90 KB, 297x466) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 297x466
>Xenoblade X 2
>Fire Emblem Musou
>Donkey Kong 64 2
>Wario World 2
>WarioWare NX
>F-Zero NX
>Pokemon X Story of Seasons
>Project Giant Robot
>no region lock
>Gamecube VC
>N64 VC with free downloads based on Wii U purchases
>an apology for Color Splash
That's what it would take for me to buy an NX.
I'm honestly so fed up with Nintendo at this point that I want to watch them fail so I can take pleasure in it. Zelda U is now anti-hype when you compound the lack of info, the delays, and the bad artstyle on top of one another.
Some fucking transformation.
>>
File: IMG_3846.jpg (2 MB, 2268x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3846.jpg
2 MB, 2268x3024
They won't have to do nothing, I'm going to buy it because i'm a giant shit eating nintendo fanboy although now literally all i play is halo and pokemon (smash bros is dead to me/same with kirby and the mario rpgs since both games are too slow paced and boring now)
>>
Strong third party support on top of a solid first party lineup
Nintendo's best systems are coincidentally the ones that have a lot of developers on board.
>>
>>336221131
no info at this years E3. Please understand.
>>
>>336221309

I didn't say info, I just need it to be release day for me to buy one.
>>
>Wii U did bad because Nintendo didn't properly present what it was at E3
>now they think not presenting it at all will somehow not guarantee a flop worse than Virtual Boy
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>336221259
>Netflix
>Wii Chess
>Nicktoons MLB

Why
>>
>>336221259

Would you get your groove back if they assassinated Sakurai and Miyamoto?
>>
>>336220774
So they are marketing the NX already but they haven't showed it? Ok.
>>
>>336221382
>>336221259
I'm with these two. Not really a fanboy, but I consistently get games that I enjoy in most aspects.
>>
>>336221387
>they want NX to pull in the broader audience again
>they're skipping E3 in favor of a direct no doubt, something only the core fans will watch to begin with
>>
>>336221434
miyamoto yes, sakurai no
>>
>>336221523
>Direct
>not TGS
>not Gamescom
>not NYCC
And the sad part of this is that I know you're completely correct too. It's like they want to get out of the business by crashing it with no survivors.
>>
>>336221523

they already said zelda is gonna be at e3
>>
I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid but the Zelda/NX/E3 decision was the last straw for me. I'm not buying this company's shit unless they can massively turn things around in terms of both the quality of their games and their release schedules. I don't have one single bit of faith they can do that though, because they have demonstrated themselves to be complete shit in almost every way.

Honestly, if they had just delayed Zelda, I wouldn't mind. It's the fact they delayed it specifically to launch it on the NX, while also announcing that the NX wouldn't be at E3. So what, we're just supposed to keep sucking the Wii U's dried up titty for another year? Pretend that Sticker Star 2 makes this garbage console worthwhile? Everyone thought that the ridiculous drought of Wii U games was leading up to a big NX reveal at E3, and now they don't even have that.

Even Zelda itself will most likely be mediocre and inferior to its predecessors in every way, because that's what all Nintendo games are like now. You used to be able to count on Nintendo first party titles to make your console worthwhile. Now you have to pray they don't fuck it up somehow. Not to mention that they now only release about 3-4 titles per year. We wait 4-5 year cycles for shit that's not even as good as what we were playing two decades ago. I can't tell if they just refuse to put up the necessary money to make good, deep games, or if they're just flat-out incompetent now.

I was holding on to hope for so long, waiting for one good thing that would make it all worthwhile, but now I know it's never coming. I don't know what they are hoping to achieve with the NX, because they are probably just going to make all the same mistakes and have all the same problems and we'll be left with another failing console they can't/won't make good games for.
>>
>>336220774
>Is there anything nnintendo could do to win you over?
Blowjobs, lots of them. Also, fire your localization team.

>Have you lost all trust/hope?
Yep.

>Or do you still support the big N and their unique games?
There are a few Wii U games I have interest in and I'd be willing to buy one if they did the aforementioned localization firings and got rid of that stupid tablet controller so I could enjoy games that are as close to how the original creators intended them to be with a controller that was designed to be held by human hands.
>>
>>336220774

A true system seller (along with other games) and the console not being shit would make me buy into the NX, especially if it doesn't cost way too much.

Not enough is known about any of that shit yet though.
>>
Make the next Nintendo Direct a stream from outside Nintendo America HQ where they have the Treehouse lined up in those things that trap the head and hands, then they let the local peasantry throw rotten fruit and vegetables at them. Afterwards the Treehouse is disbanded and everyone involved blacklisted.
>>
>>336220774
Wii u trade in program and a handwritten apology letter from zombie iwata
>>
They already crossed the line for me when they released the New 3DS which has no exclusives.

I'm the hugest fucking sucker on the planet for buying one of those things. They're not getting any more of my money.
>>
File: 1425030886538.gif (663 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1425030886538.gif
663 KB, 500x446
>>336220774
region unlocking, then releasing jap version with english language as well

xenoblade x 2 with better multiplayer and skell combat

if i buy zelda on nx/wiiu, i get the other version free in digital format

the wonderful 102

shin'en x nintendo f-zero

fucking metroid

more cool new IPs (only one that's actually going to happen)

smt
>>
>>336222082
>muh skinship
>>
>>336222320

what
>>
Nothing. I have more hours on my Wii U than any other game device except PC, and I barely touch Mario games. The confected outrage on this board is amusing but not particularly convincing of anything except that most people here are underage morons.
>>
>>336220774
>What would make you buy an NX?
Games.
>>
The NX being something amazing would do it
>>
>>336220774
I love Nintendo, I love my 3DS and Wii U, I buy their games.
I don't give a fuck about the NX though. It's launching too soon, whatever it is.
>>
>>336222201

Why would you expect exclusives for a simple revised system with a little bit of extra shit thrown in and that's it. Are you seriously so fucking retarded to not see how bad of an idea that would be?

N3DS actually does have 1 "exclusive" title by the way, but nobody cares because it's just a crappy port of a Wii U game.
>>
>>336220774
I wouldn't say that I lost hope of Nintendo, but big disappointments is. Only way for me to recover most hope I used to have for them is to improve and support titles that are not Mario related and give big amount of focus and love to all of their existing console and not just one. I'm still pissed on how they treat the 3DS more better then the WiiU

Also the following:
Good amount of quality games at launch

Doesn't (heavily) abuse what ever gimmicks or something like that present on the console. It's neat to feature something on what the console can do on your games but don't over do it.

Doesn't fuck up the localization of the games and doesn't censor things, regardless of the reason, big ones or small ones.I don't think that it's really a good thing to change something from the original.

More games
>>
>>336222509
It's not really too soon, it just seems that way because the Wii U only got about 8 good games in its entire lifespan.
>>
Already preordered
Greatness awaits!
>>
Yes. If nintendo could release a full main serie animal crossing game either on wiiu or nx that'd be awesome. The thing is each day i slowly see that dream fade away since according to recent news they might go full mobile with the serie. They can go choke on a dick if it happens
>>
>>336222509
What, five years after their last console for the third time in a row? If that makes you mad, you have only yourself to blame.
I'd be more annoyed if it's not a hybrid system. The 3ds is going to be 6 when this launches, and another platform has to be spaced out a bit so they don't cannibalize sales.
>>
>>336220774
Unless they stop censoring games, nothing. I'm an adult, so apparently I'm not a part of Nintendo's market anymore.
>>
>>336222679
>five years
More like three and a half.
>>
>>336220774
A huge power leap. the most powerful console of this gen

no gimmick trash. fuck off with it

games that arent just half assed remakes of older titles, but with gimmicks

new fucking ips. splatoon was a good start, keep it going

for them to leave dead franchises alone, or actually make games that would stand on par with their classic titles. fuck them and their star fox zero, metroid chibi edition

try something new with kirby holy shit how long can you keep rehashing the same exact fucking game and remixing the same exact fucking music?
>>
>>336222827
That would put the NX's release at right now, not 10-12 months from now like we know it is.

Unless you're just memeing that the first year of the Wii U didn't count because it didn't have any games worth owning.
>>
File: 1304317861046.png (31 KB, 176x137) Image search: [Google]
1304317861046.png
31 KB, 176x137
When their new system gets four or more exclusive games that I want to play.

Anyone who needs "winning over" from a video game company is retarded. Just play the games you find interesting.
>>
nothing, fuck amiibo

i aint a dog, i dont jump thru hoops
>>
File: MeanMotherfucker.jpg (167 KB, 1000x927) Image search: [Google]
MeanMotherfucker.jpg
167 KB, 1000x927
>>336220774
Literally nothing,

Last nintendo homeconsole I have is the gamecube and mostly because I was naive about gaming and didn't care which one I got. Prime and PSO were fun as shit though

Most nintendo IPs have gone to shit or are butchered with shitty localizations. Either way the 3DS always gets the best stuff so there is no reason to own the mainconsole with worse games. However I grew tired of the 240p screen and handcramps while playing MonHun so I've stopped buying 3DS games too, won't get MHG or EO5

I think I'm done with both nintendo homeconsoles and portable systems, there is way too much to play outside of them already.
>>
>>336222841
new Metroid looks lfine. at least we're getting something. quit being a baby.
>>
Literally no stupid irl movement gimmicks, just a classic controller like everyone else. The promise of some solid new IP. Some way to play 3DS games or something

so yeha not gona happen
>>
More Third Party options, I enjoy all the Wii U games I own, I just don't own many Wii U games is the problem.
>>
>>336220774
I'll buy an NX if it gets a good smash bros game
But it will just get a port of shitty smash 4
>>
>>336220774
Make a console with good hardware, name it something not retarded, and give it a normal fucking controller without any stupid gimmick shit. Get third party devs and don't treat them like superfluous shit, and stop ruining your first party titles.

In short, no, I don't think Nintendo can actually pull it off.
>>
>>336221434
Just keep Sakurai out of Smash. The other shit he works on is very good.
>>
>>336220774
ass n tiddies
>>
>>336223115
it would be fine if it came out after a real metroid game as a cute little side story

but its not. its been years since a "proper" metroid game, and that metroid game was the worst in the series

its like if they took your favorite dead franchise, announced a new title, and it was a chibi side story
>>
I don't even like their first party games any more. Pikmin, W101, Splatoon did nothing for me. I need to see a lot before I get an NX, especially given that I can play the new Zelda on my Wii U.
>>
>>336220774
Pretty much a huge as fuck third party library.

Exclusives, best version of the multiplats(of console only games obv), doesn't matter. Don't really care much about Nintendo's first party stuff so I haven't bought one of their consoles since the GBC.

Granted their handhelds are pretty great, hardware aside, but that's because they do have the third party stuff on them. Which their consoles don't.
>>
Nintendo's on my blacklist along with EA and Activision

Not going to buy a single product from these company
>>
>>336220774
I still support them but they need their flagship titles at launch
>>
>>336223310
does it even have a story? thought it was just some arena fps stuff.
>>
>>336223418
Um, why would you want to play third-party games on a console at all?
>>
So, what absolutely retarded name that will make all the normies get confused as fuck are they gonna use this time?

Wii U&I?
Wii N(e)X(t)?
NWii3DSXLU?
Nintendo Dodo?

Nintendo really needs to work on their name branding.
>>
>>336223642
super Nintendo ultra 64 dx
>>
>>336220774
Honestly? Nothing I already know of, maybe if they launch a new IP I find really groundbreaking. Last generation I supported Nintendo was Wii, the Wii U went to shit, fuck amibos, fuck the shitty sm4sh, fuck lazy remakes.
>>
Monster Hunter that can be played on console and then taken with you as portable. Or just Monster Hunter back on a big screen to be honest.
>>
>>336220774
Region free.
No gimick controll that they dont sell in store or a charger for.
>>
>>336223642
New Wii U
>>
>>336223602
Because I like video games?

Vanquish, Catherine, Vakyria Chronicles, Dragon's Dogma(I mean, back in the day when nobody thought they would ever get a PC release), Nier, Yakuza. Those were some of my favorite games last gen. And I'm a massive PCfaggot.
>>
>>336220774
More than just same old first party bullshit aka get those third parties.
>>
>>336223642
Wii U2.
Featuring a $50,0000,000 promotion deal with Bono.
>>
>>336223836
wii u 2
>>
>>336220774
Zelda Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask, and a brand new conclusion for the Hero of time as one big HD game, and in new game + you can explore the worlds and do quests with items and abilities from either of the games, Goron link in Hyrule field, Zora link in the water temple, adult link in Termina etc. And Paper Mario 3: 2: not shit edition.
>>
File: 1404845788410.jpg (159 KB, 600x526) Image search: [Google]
1404845788410.jpg
159 KB, 600x526
>>336223959

is it sad I can actually see this happening?

reminds me of that thing a while back where they shoved their newest album down peoples' throats.
>>
>>336223959
>>336224112
>A drop of nostalgia, a touch of gimmicks, a dash of censorship, and, deep fear that this console that we poured our money into the last few years might actually be good.
>>
Backwardsly compatible with every nintendo game to date. And has a built in graphics enhancement algorythm that works with wii and wiiu games.

'Can use any wireless nintendo peripheral.

Can use the 2DS and 3DS as controllers

The controllers are actually clamshell 3DS without the 3D gimmick and a better screen. They can also be used as digital only versions of the 3DS.
System will not be built around them they will simply enhance the gameplay of certain games.
Can use smart devices to replace the touch functionality of the wiiu tablet.

A real emphasis on local co-op and 4player.

A true 3D mario. It's a 4 player game and had plenty of mini games and fun.

A new splatoon with more customization options, local 4 player co-op and better online.

To buy Contra and Castlevania from Konami.
Make a four player adventure first person adventure shooter and create a true sequel to castlevania

Lease megaman and breath of fire and the apropriate needed members from capcom and make a new megaman and breath of fire title. It's probably not going to break records but having them there will be a boon

Call sega and get their asses over there. They're going to get every single Sega title on the NX and fill some genres.

Zelda? I guess. Just make it not suck.

Buy exclusive Rayman and just dance from ubisoft. Make it another colorful and fun 2D title and make it an exclusive, tease rayman and the viking girl being added to smash bros.

Smash
Mariokart
Metroid
Free online Fzero are all foregone conclusions.
Have it cost 200 bucks and I'd be sold .
>>
>>336224203
>Backwardsly compatible with every nintendo game to date.
I can't even imagine what this monstrosity might look like.
>>
>>336221787
They simply never knew what made their games great to begin with. Thats why they keep and keep casualizing them because they unironically believe that their games are too hard and accessible and they need to casualize them EVEN further.
>>
File: 1461098598578.jpg (225 KB, 1600x2050) Image search: [Google]
1461098598578.jpg
225 KB, 1600x2050
>>336220774

Stop pandering to SJW landwhales and faggots so we can have complete games without stupid ass censorship

That's all, really , I don't think the NX will lack games after the WiiU failure
>>
NX to launch with GTAV or RDR2 or just something that's good and isn't a Nintendo game.
>>
>>336224359
Every sony and xbox game that wasn't created to and sold with mock controversy has censorship you idiot.
No, even the ones with mock controversy do.
>>
>>336224313
It's clueless shareholders/upper management/senior developers chasing the mobile-based trend of simplistic, shallow, cheaply made games that anyone can play, but trying to sell them for 60 dollars on a 250 dollar console.
>>
>>336220774
>Zelda Maker
>some sort of Harry Potter game with a dating aspect
>Donkey Kong themed Myst-clone, an edutainment game that you about physics and primates
>Mario real-time strategy game, like Star Craft
>Stardew Valley without the black guy, with butchering added back in, and with sprites redone by Nintendo
>add podracing to Mario Kart
>Ape Escape 5
Either of the following:
>Legend of Bowser, Ocarina of Time clone but with Bowser
>FPS Bowser game, like Hexen
>>
>>336224525
I'd play most of these.
>>
make it play ps4 games
>>
>>336220774

Melee HD
>>
>>336220774
I bought a Wii U and loved it, I think Nintendo were by far the best out of the big three this generation so I guess I'm already "won over".

However, the foreshadowing is there and I'm pretty sure consoles are just gonna be going downhill rapidly from here on out, so being a poorfag I sincerely doubt anything would make me buy an NX. If I need vidya, there's still hundreds of games from past generations I never got to play that I can emulate. Plus I can buy an X360 for peanuts and play the games I didn't experience even last gen.

So yeah, I've lost all trust/hope, but in gaming as a whole, not Nintendo. Nintendo are the only company I have even the slightest bit of hope for. They better not fuck up Zelda U for me

Now to patiently await VR
>>
File: 1364694438179.jpg (37 KB, 248x238) Image search: [Google]
1364694438179.jpg
37 KB, 248x238
>>336220867

>Nintendo has the better IPs
>Waste potential every chance they have apparently
>Treat US region consumers like shit for years for no good reason
>Censorship is horrendous and unnecesary

I'm done with a company that tries too hard to maintain their family friendly face pandering SJW but it hurts to watch how lost Nintendo is right now
>>
>>336220774
A CPU that stacks up to an i5.
>>
>>336224525
Zelda Maker could have: Legend of Zelda, Oracles/awakening, ALTTP, and ALBW, styles to switch between. And would just be creating and sharing dungeons, though with a limited palette puzzles would get repetetive.
>>
>>336224510
>but trying to sell them for 60 dollars on a 250 dollar console.

This so fucking much. To me Nintendo games just does not look worth the price these days. They look more like something I could get for 10 bucks on Steam rather than a 60 dollar(or 70 in my case) game produced by one of the biggest game developers in the world. Where is that sense of pride that they used to have during the N64 era?
>>
>>336224461

Enlighten me with some examples since I don't recall such things
>>
>>336220774

New Zelda, Metroid and Mario games that change the industry like in Ocarina, Prime and 64 at launch.
>>
>>336220774
If it has
>good lineup with worthy and plentiful games to play
>decent third party support
>games that aren't like WiiU's and 3DS horrible games
>system that is portable
>Has the option to play on tv or a monitor with a special device that streams the game on the tv
>decent price
>good specs
>>
Nothing. NuNintendo is shit. Has been ever since the Wii.

Literally not ONE game has come out for the Wii U where I was like "ugh I want to play that so bad." Not one.
>>
>>336224525
>Legend of Bowser: Warp Flute of Amnesia

While taking a walk, Bowser is warped to a strange land and hits his head, giving him amnesia. He dons some armor, then takes up a sword and shield to fight in the Crusades.
>>
>>336220774

Nope WiiU killed any chance of me getting another Nintendo system I'm done. Over used gimmicks need to go
>>
>>336224995
Tell us what games you play instead.
>>
File: 1189801610216.jpg (59 KB, 720x550) Image search: [Google]
1189801610216.jpg
59 KB, 720x550
>>336224929
>>
>>336221259

Niagara robotborb is actually pretty good. I know triple deluxe was meh, but trust me on this one.
>>
>>336222384
yo 'confected'
>>
File: 1457925418597.jpg (53 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
1457925418597.jpg
53 KB, 600x593
Im not sure I can ever forgive them for what they've done to the Paper Mario series
>>
File: 29000858_p0.jpg (220 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
29000858_p0.jpg
220 KB, 1000x750
Full 3D Kirby game like so

>fully controllable camera, no isometric or 3D Land shit
>no run button, all buttons use different attacks for multi-move abilities to translate to 3D. Movement is similar to Super Mario 64
>When you have powers, different buttons do different attacks.
>Open hub world, branching pathways within the hub lead to new areas. Levels are designed similarly to Banjo Kazooie+Super Mario Sunshine
>Some returning locations either in the hub world or as levels, like Castle Dedede, the Halberd, Adeleine's paint castle in the clouds, etc as well as lots of new places
>lots and lots of KDL3-tier NPCs that do daily routines like OoT or Shenmue, to make the word feel alive and to open up side-goal potential
>A good lighting engine
>Riding Rick grants quicker running, immunity to slippery surfaces, and wall-jumps, but you're a bigger target with less precise attacks
>Riding Coo grants maneuverability in the air, and you can go higher and stay in the air longer, but it's harder to master the controls and again you're a bigger target
>Kine makes swimming fast and easy, but he's slow on land
>not a huge amount of copy abilities, but the ones that are in the game can be leveled up several times as you progress
>lots of collectible trinkets

Anything less and I won't get it. I really really doubt I'll have to get it.
>>
If the NX doesn't require a successful Internet connection to complete setup, I'll be incredibly surprised.

But all I want is:
>for them to tell any developer to make their games run consistently well. 30 or 60 fps, it can't dip every two seconds.
>a wifi feature capable of getting more than 3mbps wirelessly, or an actual ethernet port and a very long cable.
The former is a terrible show from both Microsoft and Sony, and honestly the Wii U had so many other problems that they would have to outperform at multiplats to get my money now.

That or I'll buy it anyway just to sit on release firmware and wait for hax.
>>
>>336225061
Everything else, you no-taste, low brow, LCD, manchild moron.

Everybody. EVERYBODY laughs at you.
>>
>>336220774
>Is there anything nnintendo could do to win you over? Have you lost all trust/hope? Or do you still support the big N and their unique games?

There's a lot of things they could do, but I never expect them to do since they're clinically incompetent.

Either way here are a few of my "dreams" and "ambitions" for nintendo:

>Another "TRUE" continuation of the paper mario series for a sit-down console. Stop with this sticker shit. I WANT PARTNERS AND ABILITIES.
>SERIOUSLY, STOP DISRESPECTING THE PAPER MARIO SERIES.
>I mean, it's unfucking believable how they treat such a loved IP like shit.

>Another big 3d mario adventure in line with super mario sunshine or super mario galaxy. I LOVED Super Mario world 3d, but it just wasn't the same thing. I wouldn't though be disappointed though if they continued it.

>LINKED NINTENDO ACCOUNTS THAT HOLD/CARRY YOUR PURCHASED ARCADE GAMES. FOR FUCK SAKES, SO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP RE-PURCHASING THE SAME GAMES OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

>A GAMECUBE DIGITAL ARCADE ALREADY. JESUS. FUCK. SHIT- GIVE ME IT NOW.

>Another installment of the pokemon snap series. For fuck sakes nintendo: The 3ds and the wii-u both have a camera and you STILL haven't made another pokemon snap, what the fuck is the matter with you?

I dunno what else.
Nintendo pretty much just runs on continueing the IPS they've already established, so I don't know what else they could possible do? I mean, I look to them for consistancy in terms of "more of x"- I WANT more of the same; the new IPS are just a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>336223161
>smash 4
but only two smash bros games have come out.
>>
File: 1424147804690.jpg (23 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1424147804690.jpg
23 KB, 600x400
>>336223642
>3DS releases
>Nintendo claims the name was too similar to DS, consumers got confused, claim they will not make same mistake again
>Wii U releases
>Nintendo claims the name was too similar to Wii, consumers got confused, claim they will not make same mistake again

NX will be named something equally retarded and suffer for it, I'm sure.
>>
>>336224875
Name 1 AAA game that wasn't censored in some way. And no I don't mean covering up a tit.
>>
>>336220774
splatoon 2 is all it will take
>>
>>336224735
>Nintendo has the better IPs
>Waste potential every chance they have apparently
>Treat US region consumers like shit for years for no good reason
>Censorship is horrendous and unnecesary

I'm also really feeling what this Anon is saying over here ^

I mean; Nintendo received a lot of fucking momentum when they launched the AMIIBO's line and opened themselves up to DLC and so forth, but they just never fucking capitalized on it.

They made the Wii-u and when it didn't live up to their expectations instead of trying to fix it they've been trying to quietly abandon it as soon as possible while I assume they're investing everything they have left in the NX.
>>
>>336223221
Basically this. Thanks for evrything sakurai, but smash bros needs good gameplay as well. I dont care if there are 70 characters if the gameplay is simply bad.
>>
Same thing that made me buy a Wii U

$180 AUD price point and at least 5 decent exclusives
>>
>>336221309
While there will presumably be no info about NX, they probably are planning on doing a Direct about it. Question would be when, if it happens before or after E3. I doubt they'll say nothing abut it for the whole year.
>>
>>336225762
Truly aussie tier shitposting
>>
>>336220774
it would have to cost 1 euro
then maybe
>>
Name: Wii Up
timezone lock
Games become pricier with time
Nintendo pays third-party to not release on their console
Female characters can't show any skin
Zelda is the only game in console's 1 year life cycle, runs at 960x540p, unstable 60 fps
Nintendrones will defend it anyway
>>
Actually having cross ports would be a start. First party games have been the sole reason to own Nintendo systems for three whole gens now. If I still have to buy a whole other system to keep up with the majority of new releases, fuck it. Nintendo games aren't even that good anymore.
>>
>>336220774
If ninty keeps offering something different to sony

Ill keep buying both

Because they both have something to offer
>>
File: SarcMark-LG.jpg (14 KB, 201x200) Image search: [Google]
SarcMark-LG.jpg
14 KB, 201x200
Make the console powerful, even though if I cared about power, I'd better build a PC.

No gimmick whatsoever, make a plain and simple console, basically I want a PS4 or Xbone copypaste but with the Nintendo logo slapped on it.

Bring back the third parties, even though I won't buy their games in the end because I love complaining about how AAA games are shit and ports are inferior for my tastes. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games anyway.

I'm sick of rehashes. Give me new IPs, no matter Nintendo makes plenty of them each gen but, if their aren't big budget and successfull, they don't count and I don't like them anyway.

Stop experimenting new shit with Mario and Zelda, give me a good old rehash of my nostalgia defining games like Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time.

And then, finally, I'll buy your console. Not at launch. On a sale. With a game or two included. Only if it is successful and it wins Media Creates threads.
>>
>>336224995

On the same boats, thought Mario Kart 8 was gonna be Sonic Racing Transformed with some hidden skill set like in Super Mario Kart but it's just RNG kart game.

The 2nd party games are fun but the censorship is waaay to much ever since Iwata fucking died the company just took a nose dive..

In the end they are gonna be a third party company and be like fucking Sega, especially with shitty Nintendo Wii U sales and 3DS sales... They need to recongise like Disney that their are mature people on the system and should cater to them as well instead of one demographic.

Now mobile games are more complex than the shit Nintendo Shits out.
>>
Access to the entire past catalog of all Nintendo and third party games in their online shop. (not for free of course)
>>
Pikmin 3 and 4.
The last pikmin I played in as 2, I wasn't able to justify buying a wiiu.
>>
They really should just go all-inon the mobile market. They've practically been training themselves for it.

>their most notable games in recent years have been on portables with touch screens
>there's a booming market for games on even more portable devices with much better touch screens
>???
>"No Nintendo don't go mobile pls muh childhood"

Like what the fuck
>>
>>336226538
>stop rehasing
>rehash this
>>
>>336225640

If Nintendo have any sense they should cut a deal with Sega Sammy as their IPs are better than fucking Nintendo.
>>
>>336220774
Change their priorities from "creativity for the sake of creativity and their inflated egos" to "offering timeless and fun game to the buyers".
>>
>>336220774
Monster hunter.
>>
File: nintendo_nx.jpg (35 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nx.jpg
35 KB, 1424x800
>>336221187
Lets see
>Xenoblade X 2
No, last one sucked
>Fire Emblem Musou
Meh, I guess. But it wouldn't be a reason I'd buy a console. The original pitch for SMTxFE was more hype-worthy
>Donkey Kong 64 2
Hell no.
>Wario World 2
Don't care
>WarioWare NX
WiiU one sucked, no.
>F-Zero NX
Would be dope, but after SFZ, I don't trust them to not fuck it up
>Pokemon X Story of Seasons
Idk what this is. Pass
>Project Giant Robot
Just bring back Custom Robo
>no region lock
Too little too late
>Gamecube VC
Why, Dolphin is better, and I have a hacked Wii
>N64 VC with free downloads based on Wii U purchases
Meh
>an apology for Color Splash
And SFZ, and killing the WiiU early.

No, here's how you do it.

Make the NX a hype worthy VR focused console with Metroid Prime 4 as its launch to show off the capabilities.

Have FZero, Custom Robo, and a multiplayer VR revamp of SFZ on the horizon, as well as a couple new games that show off the asymetric gameplay of the concept.

Make it so that aside from the headset, you can also play traditionally, but the headset is included, and is required for some games, not all though.

Make contracts with Steam, and apply a similar system, remove region lock, have a kick ass online network, and allow streaming and mods for your games.

Plus, include WiiU remasters and GCN HD remakes to beef up your launch library, first of which is Melee HD with revamped graphics, and some new content taking after PM.

Or better yet, just make PM official and an NX exclusive.

With this, you justify a whole new console and it doesn't feel like you ripped off WiiU owners. It just means the WiiU was weak.

To ensure success, the NX needs to have kickass hardware that rivals the PS4k. And finally, you need to have Miyamoto step down, and hire lots of young blood, letting the rookies take charge.

Cont...
>>
What the fuck is Nintendo going to do with all their space on E3, just Zelda everywhere?
>>
>>336220774
If it had games I actually wanted to play. It won't, so I don't have to worry about buying one. Unfortunately that's almost the case with Playstation and Xbox.
>>
>>336226838

They'll lose that IP to Sony soon, especially with the censorship fisaco.

Sure they fucked up with PS3 and Vita but they are gaining traction again and have learnt from their mistakes.
>>
>>336226793
Anon
>>
>>336220774
Backwards compatibility on the NX.
However, I have always trusted them with handheld consoles. Those are good shit.
>>
>>336226883
Pt. 2

Also, any big flashy indie game that have potebtial, like FAST Racing Neo, you gotta back those as full games. You also gotta make your console easy to dev for, and market the fuck out of every heavy hitter to touch base on it.

Oh yes, also, all WiiU remasters are available at an 80% discount to owners of those games on WiiU. New versions do add new features.

Ah, and finally, fire the Treehouse and quit censoring your games. Get rid of your stupid kiddy image, this ain't 1996 anymore. With the removal of region lock, this is less of an issue, but it's still negative PR.

This is the only way to make the NX a success. None of this will happen though.
>>
You know what...If they made Super Mario RPG 2, I would. And don't give me this Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi are SMRPG shit. They're not.
>>
>>336226883
>VR focused

Way to dig your own grave there, champ.
>>
>>336225278
I have never once thought of a Kirby game in the format of Banjo Kazooie's gameplay (with movement like M64), but now I want it and I'm sad you put the idea into my head when Nintendo would never do this.

Oh, as for me with NX, I dunno, it'd be great to have third parties have the best versions of their games on NX. Please don't make the system overly.... Friendly? What I mean is, try to imagine stuff like Red Dead 3 or GTA on Wii U... It just doesn't feel like it fits, especially with the big goofy gamepad. Give me a great online infrastructure with well designed functionality, bring that "gamer zone" thing from Xbox live over so that you can filter out kids, casuals or hardcore from online matchmaking. (Perhaps have this in parental settings as well, so kids can't play against adults in case of voice chat or what-have-you.)

Make the interface classy and slick, ditch the Miis as much as you can, or improve the way they look drastically. Actual virtual console support with cross-buy...

I'm setting myself up for major disappointment because Nintendo wouldn't do most of this, anyway.
>>
>>336226883
>hype worthy VR focused console
>>
>>336227026
Yeah because the console would cost $900
>>
>>336226883
>>336227026

Agreed
>>
miyamoto would have a tea party with me.
>>
>>336226924
If they ever do PS4 vidya i'll just buy a ps4
Monster hunter > all
>>
>>336227074
>>336227091
>he thinks VR will flop.

See you in two years.
>>
>>336227220
Just like 3D TVs right? I mean Sony even had one at E3.
>>
File: 1455510169286.png (794 KB, 996x755) Image search: [Google]
1455510169286.png
794 KB, 996x755
>>336220774

There are two kinds of Nintendo fans

Ex-fans who realize that Nintendo hasn't made a good game in years and is slowly dropping all of their best franchises to focus on rehashed RPGs for casuals, and Nintendrones who buy Amiibos and will support anything Nintendo does unconditionally because they want desperately to cling to that fuzzy nostalgic feeling.

Let's be honest, the only people buying the NX, other than parents buying them for little kids, will be the second kind of person. Nobody else is in the mood for Nintendo's shit after the WiiU.
>>
>>336227220
In 2 years I will be $500 richer than you and won't have an empty room in my house for "VR-stuff".
>>
>>336227131
Not particularly.

You can sell it for 600$ at a loss. For having the cheapest and best VR option, that's not bad at all. Especially if you manage to divert traction from Sony and take a spot. This is why partnering with Steam is crucial.
>>
File: 52793491_p0.png (2 MB, 1176x1069) Image search: [Google]
52793491_p0.png
2 MB, 1176x1069
>>336227076
Sorry anon

Also, imagine how Dedede's standard boss fight would work in 3D? The size difference would be a lot more apparent, you'd feel more aware that you're in a boxing ring, and it would take more effort to dodge his attacks.

Just that idea of fighting Dedede in 3D makes me want it.
>>
>>336227283

Essentially they are, Microsoft paved the way for VR with the Kinect to read the motions. So Microsoft doesn't give a fuck about their home system now cause they be making Millions in patents from Kinect technology.

You need a Kinect like Camera to read the movements along with the TV strap to your head.
>>
>>336227283
What do 3DTVs have anything to do with VR?

What did 3DTVs add tobthe experience? How did they offer new opportunities for non-gaming industries?

Are you retarded? Saying that VR will flop because you want it to flop cause you can't afford it, won't make it flop.
>>
>>336227404
Do you even think for a second before you wright stuff?

Who the fuck would want to walk around essentially blindfolded so a stupid camera can track your motions?
Don't all the current VR goggles use some sort of controller for movement?
>>
>>336227509
>Saying that VR will flop because you want it to flop cause you can't afford it, won't make it flop
Yes, it will flop because it's shit.
>>
>>336220774
Make it half price for people who bought a Wii U, plus transfer all my save data and shit onto it; I'm not doing those Smash challenges again.
>>
>>336227509
3DS flopped. they had some games that used the 3d feature for gameplay but no one wanted that.
>>
>>336227575
>Do you even think for a second before you wright stuff?
>wright
The irony.
>>
>>336220774

$250 NX home console.
#150 NX handheld.

All about the Benjamins.
>>
>>336227575
Lot's of people you fat piece of shit.

Kill yourself you stupid neckbeard.

And it's "write" not "wright" you foreign piece of shit.
>>
No gimmick shit + powerful console.
>>
>>336227509
Because 3D was the big fad years ago, just like VR is the big fad now. And it disappeared soon after because it was useless. Just like VR.
>>
>>336227575

You know you need a PSCamera for the Morpheous.
>>
Why is there so much samefagging in this thread where there should not be?
It reads like its 1 post per person
Are falseflaggers this desperate?

And to answer OP's question:

Good games
>>
File: ZcAqviT.webm (873 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ZcAqviT.webm
873 KB, 640x360
formally apologize for skyward sword, refund all skyward sword purchases, fire everyone who had any influence over the design of skyward sword

same for their other franchise killers (e.g. other m, new super mario bros, mario party 9, paper mario: sticker star, wario: master of disguise, etc)

that would be a start
>>
>>336227310
this
>>
>>336227756
>1 post per person

Anon, I...
>>
>>336227793
The fuck was wrong with squidward sword?
It had a good story and the best zelda, the fuck?
You got tired after wiggling your arms for 30 minutes?
>>
>>336227575
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_VR

LEARN TO READ and think you fucking faggot.

How do you think they track movement in a game, oh wait that's right THROUGH A FUCKING CAMERA you fucking douche, like in the fucking movies you millennia fucktard.
>>
>>336226793
I think you missed the irony of the post.
>>
>>336227893
u mad faglord?
>>
>>336227893
How old are you? You sound like an angry teenager to be honest.
>>
>>336227605
>I haven't tried VR

>>336227667
3DS didn't flop, and 3D was never interesting. That's why its launch was lackluster. Meanwhile VR preorders are still backed up and unfulfilled because they got more than expected.

And VR hasn't even hit stores yet, just wait till that happens. Moreover, VR has many ventures in industrues such as design, architecture, education, and so forth. While 3D was just a "neat" addition to traditional TV.

The fact that many industries outside of gaming are buying up VR means it's never gonna die, because the capital will keep flowing in, which will allow the tech to develop.

3D died because 3D had nowhere to grow, and nothing to add. VR is just getting started, and if anything, it's the evolution of 3D because it's relying on the progress made by that tech.
>>
>>336227974
>VR has many ventures in industrues such as design, architecture, education, and so forth.
How is this relevant in any way? If it's not used in videogames (it won't, just like kinect and the like after the first months) why should we care?
>>
I honestly think that VR is a stupid gimmick. But i wouldnt mind if i had to sit on my sofa with a fugly headset + a normal controller to play some vidya.
>>
>>336227745
>VR is a fad
>VR is useless
Except it's not.
>>
>>336228071
Holy shit you're stupid.
>>
>>336228097
Are you from the future?
>>
>>336228148
Are you?
>>
>>336228139
Thanks for proving me right.
>>
>>336221417
Netflix is a great game, fuck off.
>>
>>336228184
Yes.
>>
>>336228191
Except I literally answered your question in my previous point, but you failed to acknowledge because you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

Go back to grade school
>>
I don't get this meme of people hating the Wii U

No one hates the Wii U except console war faggots. The Wii U was fine; yes it released too early and probably wasn't the greatest in terms of technical specs, but no one with an actual life cares about those things. The Wii U didn't make us "not trust Nintendo"; it was other things - mainly the handling of the games themselves.

>Zelda in development for nearly as long as FFXV, it's not going to be exclusive to Wii U and it's probably not even going to be good
>Paper Mario got fucked
>Shitty Sonic games (not technically their fault)
>Half-assed attempts to launch new IPs like Codename STEAM
>Metroid's...well, just Metroid's treatment for the past 6 years
>Fucking up easy stuff like rosters (MK8, Smash, Pokken)
>Online stuff like Friends List and Miiverse but almost nothing you can actually do with it
>Completely fucking ruined Star Fox

Despte those problems we still got
>Bayonetta revival
>Best Mario Kart ever (I'm not big on racing but it's fun at least)
>A pretty good Smash, probably closest we'll get to Melee
>Splatoon
>Realistic-ish Pokemon game that's better than Street Fighter V
>Good Mario games (again not big on them but can't be denied)
>Attempts at continuing IPs (XCX, Kirby, Pikmin, etc)

Like honestly what is the problem? Yes it wasn't brilliant but what console ever is except the PS2? Is this just because I never played a Zelda game and so just utterly don't care about it? Is Zelda that big of a game changer? Fuck Zelda.
>>
>>336221708
Oh you're that anon.
>>
>>336228265
So VR now is good because even if it's shit for vidya now it MIGHT be good for vidya in the next 10 years? Wow makes sense.
>>
>>336228246
Copl.

Is Donald Trump elected? When do we get waifubots? Do EVs change the world as promised? Will we be around to live on Mars? How badly does AI fuck up humanity? Do the mudslides conquer Yurop?
>>
File: 1461539645608.png (209 KB, 698x515) Image search: [Google]
1461539645608.png
209 KB, 698x515
>>336220774
a more story focused Xenoblade.
Extra points if it isn't connected to the shit that was X
>>
Pokemon MMO

It will never ever happen because Nintendo can't learn for shit.
>>
>>336228297
It's basically NX paranoia. The sudden news of the NX coming out next year made people go nuts and forget all Wii Uand 3DS' past years. Don't bother.
>>
>>336227859
the motion controls were fine (for me at least) but the rest of the game?
- plot is simply a series of anime cliches woven into a badly-paced narrative
- mostly ambient soundtrack
- very little variety in enemies
- most enemies are defeated in the exact same fashion and the combat in general is quite shallow
- stamina mechanics add nothing and simply make traversing the world a chore
- annoying helper character who won't shut up and treats you like an idiot, probably wastes over an hour of the game's already-short runtime yammering about shit, often shit you've already been told
- annoying races (KWEEE!)
- 2 good dungeons in the entire game
- several dungeons re-use the exact same dungeon gimmick
- most of the bosses are re-used 2 or 3 times throughout the game, often with few\zero changes
- several escort missions
- basically nothing to do outside the main quest other than grinding for items you don't need
- you re-visit each area 2-3 times and the only thing that changes is which pointless doodads you're running around and collecting, and whether you're doing it it normally, in a stealth segment, or in a timed stealth segment
- spotty and uneven pacing
>>
>>336227392
I can definitely visualize this game in my head, and I want it badly, yet it doesn't exist.

Oh, and since I didn't even touch on software in my last post,

-Have your usual Nintendo stuff, Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, make em good.
-Fan favorites like Splatoon, F-Zero and Metroid should get a new entry, as well as that Anon's Kirby game.
-Get Square on board, Final Fantasy XV and 7R should be available. Slap those Kingdom Hearts collections on there and put KH3 on NX.
-Fund Capcom to bring back Mega Man, and why not also bring Street Fighter V and Dead Rising back over to Nintendo's side. Obviously Monster Hunter should be kept for as long as they can hold on to it.
-Let's get SEGA to bring it's back catalog to NX like they did with Wii, but more in the style of what M2's been doing, and don't forget Saturn and Dreamcast titles like from their heritage series. Toss in JSRF, Skies of Arcadia and both Shenmue games for good measure. Of course have Yakuza, Sanic, etc too.
-Have Dark Souls series on NX, also perhaps bring forward other From games like 3DDGH?
-Love your indies, definitely things like Minecraft, Undertale, Rocket League, Rock Band, Freedom Planet, Hyper Light Drifter, Stardew Valley, etc.

Pipe dreams.
>>
>>336220774
Backwards compatibility, pro controller is primary input device, third party support, and five good exclusives. (One of which needs to be Spla2n.)
Star Fox Zero was a real eye-opener for me. I'm a massive Nintendo fanboy, but lately it's been staggering how out of touch they are with the core audience.
>>
>>336228341
VR is fine for Vidya already. You'd know this if you'd tried one.

The only issue they have is the low resolution, a problem which will be solved in not 10 years, but 2. You're underestimating the rapid growth of tech.

VR needs 4k mobile screens, Samsung is set to release 11k in 2018, that's more than enough for VR, and with LiFi and 22nm chips a couple of years away, all tge problems holding VR back now, will be a complete non-issue in just two.

Everyone is telling you. First gen VR is gonna have issues, but with the tech standardized and polished, expect it to go tge way of the smartphone, as it's walking a similar path.

And bitch and whine all you want, but preorder numbers, sales, and hype for PSVR are proving you wrong.
>>
>>336228297
> lists more bad things than good
> wonders why it's shit

I bought a wiiu and 32nx will be the first Nintendo I won't buy. It's shit and the first party is trash
>>
>>336226883
>>Xenoblade X 2
>No, last one sucked
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>336228297
>>Completely fucking ruined Star Fox
Is thread actually just all NeoGA/v/ posters?
>>
Depends on games. Bought Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X and had a good time. If they make a game that excites me for the NX then i'll but that too.
>>
People acting like SFZ is at the same level of Other M need to be shot in sight. The game is better than Advantures, Assault and Command combined otgether and yet people find the guts to shit on it.
>>
>>336229024
It did.
>>
>>336220774
I've given up on Nintendo. I've been memed by them too many times now. After this gen of consoles I'm sticking to PC only.
>>
>>336220774
I'll buy an NX if it can run Splatoon in 1080p.
>>
>>336228410
Isn't it ironic that people are disdainful of Nintendo's "shitty marketing strategies" and then immediately knee-jerk react to a potential new console?

>>336228939
It's not about numbers. It's not about "Oh well I can count eight bad things I don't like and seven I do like, so it's shit!". I could easily write up a list of why I don't want a PS4; I could only put Bloodborne and DS3 on the "pros" list. But I'm not going to do that because that's not my point. In fact, as I said, Zelda has no effect on my enjoyment of the console; I bought a Wii U purely to play Smash and ended up pleasantly surprised by some other stuff like Bayonetta and MK8 - I could easily just strike Zelda from that list and magically have more pros than cons. My point is that yes the Wii U era had some severe flaws but we still received a lot of good, solid games moving the industry forward which the PS4 and XBone by comparison are still only catching up with.

>>336229102
>>336229240
Okay, my bad. I don't think Star Fox Zero is shit, it's just that I have Star Fox 64 3D on the 3DS and I think that game has about as much content without any controversial controls and retaining more of the spirit of Star Fox (branching paths, Andross' second form, etc etc).
>>
>>336220774
I would be forced to buy an NX if Square suddenly decided to not release anything on any other platform from today on.
>>
a non-shit smash bros

I have zero hope of this happening
>>
A Dedede game.
New, not-shit Paper Mario.
Otherwise decent Mario RPG game.
A Bowser game.
New Rhythm Heaven.
If a commercial uses a good ELO song I'll probably buy it just because I have a massive fucking boner for ELO music and can get suckered into anything that uses it.
>>
>>336229678
Why is our culture this extreme?

>If it's not exactly what I want, it's shit!
>If it's good but not perfect, it's shit!
>If it's popular but easy to play, it's shit!
>>
Smash 5 that plays like Melee.
>>
File: The Hell.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
The Hell.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>336229496
>Square
>2016
>>

Console exclusive Monster Hunter game with actual new assets, not just slightly reworked PS2 assets.
>>
Five exclusive games I really want to play. Same as any other platform.
>>
More amiboos
>>
>>336220774
Good games. That's really it. I don't care about graphical power or gimmicks or processing speeds so long as they can handle the games on the system. I still respect what Nintendo stands for in relation to the greater status of the industry, but they've definitely slid downward.

I don't have some big personal beef with them. If they put out good stuff I'll consider it. There's nothing in particular I'd need to see.
>>
>every single post here is just claiming they'll all buy the NX even if it's a disappointment and a waste of matter
This really is /Nintendo/ and not /v/
>>
No gimmicks, make it a box that plays vidya gaems.

Zelda's a heavy hitter but not even Nintendo gets a pass from the five game rule so they'll need a fairly strong launch line up.

I have low criteria for it because I love video games and have money to blow. Still having a hearty kek at people saying they haven't made a good game in years and predicting them going third party though
>>
>>336230153
Where?
And even if it was like you say, you can leave if you don't like it.
>>
>>336220774
Give me a proper Metroid Prime game. Updated graphics, Better controls, Interesting setting, and have Samus as the protagonist. If I could recapture the joy of playing Metroid Prime then all would be forgiven
>>
>>336229791
It's called hyperbole. Why? Because we're on fucking 4chan. I have no idea why you're taking what you're reading at face value.

If you want a more coherent expression of the same opinion (there's a reason this doesn't happen more on /v/ but here we go):
I would like a smash that appeals more to the "hardcore" crowd while not eschewing casual appeal (the two are not mutually exclusive). Note that hardcore != tourneyfags, but rather people who are decent at video games. The series has been gimped by having the focus be on catering to fad-chasing casuals who ultimately don't give a shit about the vidya.

And Brawl and Sm4sh are great games, just not what excites me.
>>
>>336229379
>Isn't it ironic that people are disdainful of Nintendo's "shitty marketing strategies" and then immediately knee-jerk react to a potential new console

Except people's negative reaction to the NX is because the WiiU was alive for only 4 years, three of which it remained mostly dormant. Giving it a console lifespan of roughly 1 year. Most people bought a WiiU 2 years after launch, when it finally had games, only to learn a year later that all support was basically dropped during E3 2015. I don't blame people for being pissed, people were expecting at least 3 more solid years of WiiU support, instead we got 1 year of basically nothing.

And before you blame fans for not being early adopters, blame Nintendo for shooting themselves with the Wii, which most people bought on launch, only to have nothing to play for 3 years. They ruined people's good faith on delivery with the Wii, and didn't show anything promising for the WiiU for its first two years.

Stop blaming the fans. People are reacting to the NX negatively because of how Nintendo has treated its fans for the last 12 years.

>>336229791
Isn't the idea of sequels to improve and build upon what was established, not throw it away, and add a new gimmick to appeal to a broader audience. People want more Melee because Melee was a well-designed and addicting fun game. Smash WiiU is mostly frustrating to play due to the low skill floor and ceiling. And I'm not even a tourneyfag.

Rather than fix and polish what Melee had, and improve the parts people loved. Sakurai just gives fans the big middle finger and does what he wants.
>>
Homebrew and piracy

The only reason to buy any Nintendo hardware
>>
>>336230597
it did make the Wii MUCH better
>>
A good Metroid game. I would also say Zelda but it's also on the Wii U.
>>
>>336220867
This.

Zelda U is my last Nintendo purchase, then I'm done with Nintendo. And if 5.5.1 cfw is out by then, then I'm pirating it.
>>
>>336228629
It always astounds me how retarded Nintendo fans are when they shit on the PS4 and then turn around and ask for XV and 7R on the system. Like you're literally proving to everyone around you that you're actually indoctrinated by the company
>>
>>336232446
Just like how Sony fans wish Nintendo went 3rd party so they could get Mario no their PS4?
>>
>>336232446
Tell that to the dozen daily goldface threads, 90% of /v/ are some sort of platform warrior retard. It's not limited to one group or another
>>
>>336232535
We don't want their games you dork, that's PC users saying the same thing for every game they can't have. Don't get it twisted.
>>
>>336232695
Right sure.
>>
>>336232695
Sure you don't.
>>
>>336232446
I don't want that garbage. I want an actual FFVII remake.
>>
I'll but the NX.
Sony and Nintendo always give me 5+ games on their consoles, making them worth it to me. Nothing else matters.
>>
>>336230238
People claiming they'll go 3rd party probably had a stroke 30 years ago and just haven't been the same since.
>>
I don't care about Nintendo IPs and I don't want butchered, region locked 3rd party games, so literally nothing they can do to get me to buy one.
>>
>>336220774
Six or seven exclusive JRPGs to the system. Face it: JRPGs are all consoles have going for them as of now and even that's going away.
>>
>>336220774
Porting their games to pc
>>
>>336224203
Also whats left of bomberman and team hudson for marioparty from konami
>>
>>336232535
I don't want Nintendo to go 3rd party. They will become a publisher and then censor even more shit.
>>
>>336227575
>Don't all the current VR goggles use some sort of controller for movement?
The Vive has a couple of Wiimote-esque controllers, and the whole package tracks your movement around the room
>>
>>336220774
Nintendo offering a plan to buy back your console if they release less than 5 games for it in a year. That's what it would take.
>>
>>336220928
>free
Could you BE any more entitled?
>>
>>336220774
Only if they release A LOT of quality games, I might consider buying it. But I'll be waiting, not going to waste my money on the console until a miracle like that happens.
>>
Since a Wii Sports/Nintendo Land-like is basically guaranteed at this point to show off the NX's gimmick, the quality of this game will probably be a big factor. One of the reasons the Wii did so well was because of Wii Sports, a perfectly satisfactory game that is pretty fun for casual and hardcore audiences alike. Nintendo Land on the other hand was fucking awful, I've never met someone who actually liked that game.
>>
File: sin_and_punishment.jpg (835 KB, 831x1000) Image search: [Google]
sin_and_punishment.jpg
835 KB, 831x1000
>>336220774
WHERE'S THE 3RD FUCKING GAME
>>
>>336225542
It'll be called the New Wii U or Wii 2.
>>
>>336221708
I want to cum on that.
>>
>>336225691
But all the Smash games play the same
>>
>>336220774
No more DLC, no more Amiibo.
>>
>>336221053
This, if it's backwards compatible I will sell my wifu before it loses all its worth
>>
>>336225542
3DS wasn't that confusing.

It had two meanings: the 3rdDS and a 3D Screen.
>>
I'll see what Kimishima does.

I trust him more than Iwata. Kimishima wasn't afraid to admit the Wii u was a flop the moment it was revealed. He also flat out said they delayed the NX so it can have actual games at launch. Iwata would've tried to sugar coat it, like always
>>
>>336220774
one worthwhile launch title is one more than sony had. stop shitposting this meme ab nintendo shitting on their fans when they are still creating the most worthwhile content. if their biggest problem is a 3 month delay for quality assurance then they arent really dropping the ball.
>>
>>336236557
>3DS wasn't that confusing.
>It had two meanings: the 3rdDS and a 3D Screen.
So the 2DS was the 2nd DS?
>>
>>336220774
An actual Animal Crossing game, not more of this Amiibo shit

Preferrably without the log rolling world, but if it's a mainline game Ill still buy it
>>
>>336236774
>everyone wants a new Paper Mario that takes cues from the first two games
>they make a new one based off the one everyone complained about
>everyone wants either a new 2D Metroid or a console Prime
>they make a 4-player co-op mission-based graphically unimpressive spin-off
>everyone wants games to stop involving Amiibo features or mandatory controls that just bring down the game quality
>lolno
It's been going on for a while and you're blind with ignorance if you can't see it.
>>
>>336237141
>Paper Mario
Game isn't realeased yet, could be good

>Metroid
Game isn't released yet, could be good

>Stop involving amiibo
Amiibo are printing money. Consumers WANT them, so it makes sense to create in-game benefits as well

Woah, a shitposter failing to provide good arguments. Well colour me surprised!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.