[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever dropped a game because it was too hard, boring,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: Hold_on_wait_a_minute.jpg (159 KB, 636x720) Image search: [Google]
Hold_on_wait_a_minute.jpg
159 KB, 636x720
Have you ever dropped a game because it was too hard, boring, easy, or just plain fed up with it?
>>
No, I usually drop games because I am a clumsy faggot.
>>
I could never bring myself to finish Resonance of Fate. The combat was pretty unique but after the novelty wore off it felt tedious.
>>
>>336216850
I had the exact same experience I put in about 5-6 hours and I just had enough.
>>
Odin Sphere on Ps2 desu.
>>
FFXIV was too easy so I didn't continue after the free month. When I had second thoughts I could no longer log in for the life of me, and I guess that was the only hard part.
>>
>>336216336

I give myself a break and try later or restart to become better, or play similar games to become better.
>>
>>336216336
I couldn't put up with Last of Us by the time I got to the Winter chapter.

I didn't like the pacing or the characters.
Just made me depressed playing it since nothing would ever end well.
>>
I've tried playing Dark Souls 3 twice now and I just don't have the motivation to do it again. It's like the same bullshit I did the last 4 times again.
>>
>>336216336
I like Yui-nyan. Pumped for more GlDeMo with LiSA.
>>
>>336216336
out of all the games I've played I've dropped Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dark Souls 2.

I even completed Ace Combat Assault Horizon and Aliens vs Predator 2010
>>
>>336216336
>XIV
Too easy and "artificial difficulty" is a fucking joke, I don't know how many can't really follow the fucking patterns. WoWfugee scapegoat meme is hilarious until you realize its not ironic shitposting.
>PSO2
Fed up. Gameplay kept going downhill with no actual content to keep my NEET ass busy for periods longer than 2 hours. Not to mention terrible community. I fucking hate PSO nostalgiafags, they are truly some of the of the most butthurt and hypocrite players I have seen.
>OSU!
They made it harder to be top tier. Many paranoid niggers and top100 players were hackers. Recording yourself playing was mandatory otherwise no one would believe you. Community went down the fucking dragin by 2009 or 2011, can't recall the date.
>>
>>336216336
I dropped Xenogears in the middle (I think) of disc 2 because it got boring and couldn't follow the story any longer, which I'm kind of ashamed of.
>>
>>336221881
>WoWfugee scapegoat meme is hilarious until you realize its not ironic shitposting.
People legitimately believe that garbage and not what Square Enix said. Otherwise they would pander FR/DE localization with meme translations as well.
>>
>>336216336
I stopped playing Persona 4 when I was at some heaven dungeon. I couldn't stand these fucking dungeons any more. How this can be fun is beyond me.
The micromanagement of your stats and social links was entertaining, but I couldn't look past the boring repetitive dungeons.
Years later I tried Persona 3. Same deal.
>>
File: bad development.jpg (42 KB, 337x498) Image search: [Google]
bad development.jpg
42 KB, 337x498
After getting a plat for Yakuza 4, I dropped Yakuza 5 at Haruka's chapter. I just feel the biggest "meh" when I think about getting back.

Lately, I dropped MGSV shortly after beating Volgin. The repetitivness finally got somehow so bad, Asscreeds seems now varied and fresh. And I actually beat those.

I really wish I could go back to Yakuza 5. But I can't. It's the worst feeling
>>
>>336222117
You stopped at Heaven? You're practically at the end of the game. I'll admit that the dungeon design is fucking awful but you should've just finished it. Plus it had the best dungeon music ever

If you've seen P5 footage, they took the design into consideration for once
>>
File: DragonsDogma[1].jpg (43 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
DragonsDogma[1].jpg
43 KB, 250x310
i actually haven't finished it past the main dragon

its really fun but being stuck with only a couple skills most of the time it can only stay fun for so long
>>
File: 1461319696296.jpg (308 KB, 612x700) Image search: [Google]
1461319696296.jpg
308 KB, 612x700
>>336216336
Sometimes I simply lose interest in a game.
Happened to me recently with Mad Max (Played like 4 hours in one sitting, stopped never played again).
Dark Souls 3, got to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley and have completely lost desire to continue.
Happened in Red Faction Guerrilla, lost interest after a couple of hours.

In fact, any "story" driven game I will most surely drop after some playtime and the novelty of the gameplay wears off.

They're just, boring?
>>
>>336216336
Yeah, Fallout: New Vegas
>>
FF14 made me quit because the "post story" content was utterly tedious and actually made me feel like I was wasting precious time
>>
I don't really drop games I just take breaks.
>>
File: you are in casing mode.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
you are in casing mode.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336216336
>hard
Legend of Grimrock 2. God damn the difficulty ramped up fast compared to the first one. Bought the first on sale and fell in love with it. Second one was disappointing and I was getting my ass kicked to boot. Haven't tried it since.

>boring
Borderlands games. The novelty wears on me extremely fast. I think I put 5 hours into the first and 15 into the second.

>easy
Kingdoms of Amalur. I fucking love R.A Salvatore and ate up all of that shit, but wew that remains the easiest RPG I've ever fucking played. Quit after deciding the big battle sequence before you get to the second continent was a good stopping point.
>>
File: 1447284942146.png (517 KB, 750x656) Image search: [Google]
1447284942146.png
517 KB, 750x656
>>336223892
>Kingdoms of Amalur
>Oh boy, I should really do every side quest I come across

One of the worst mistakes of my life.
>>
Couldn't finish Rayman 3. It just felt weird playing it, like it shouldn't exist or something
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.