[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh Alpha Demo: Thunder Shibe Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Raiken.jpg (91 KB, 607x588) Image search: [Google]
Raiken.jpg
91 KB, 607x588
Continued from >>336193654
>>
File: Nioh Alpha Demo_20160428000322.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Alpha Demo_20160428000322.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>>336207503
Kato is best
>>
>>336207909
Would be better with Shark Tits.
>>
I'm good at Dark Souls (beat them going in blind while barely dying) and absolutely shit at NG (I had to beat Black or Sigma, can't remember which, on Dog mode with my shitty purple scarf)

Downloading now. I wonder how much I'll suck.
>>
How do I beat the boat boss? I don't seem to be doing much damage to him and with one swing he takes out a good chunk of my health. I've tried staying close to him, but he just breaks my guard in the process.
>>
So where your suggestions anons?
>>
I gotta say i really like how Unchained Onryoki moves. Dodgeball with the prison balls is a really neat move

Shame he is actually much easier than Chained Onryoki
>>
>>336208126
>>336208135
Hit him a lot and dodge.
>>
I don't understand how to play this. I get what they want me to do: git gud

But how? How do stances work? Why doesn't the game day anything?

I'm ok with hard. I'm down. But where do I start?
>>
SPEAR
>>
>>336208424
>High Stance
STRENGHT WITH EVERYTHING

>Middle Stance
IM NOT PARTICULARLY GOOD AT ANYTHING

>Low Stance
GOTTA GO FAST

thats basically it.
Learn Ki Pulse, it allows you with regain 80% of the lost stamina. Basically press R1 after the end of a combo.

Just test a little
>>
>>336208315
The only thing that makes Unchained Oni dangerous is that fast behind the back swipe.
>>
>>336208569
Mid stance is for those that are good at parries.
>>
Who /conqueror/ here?
>>
File: 1445291924423.png (374 KB, 407x558) Image search: [Google]
1445291924423.png
374 KB, 407x558
>>336208798
What's the DLC going to be?
>>
>>336208126
For the first phase try to get in his face and make him do the single-arm ground slams. If he does those and you're in his face you can just walk slightly to the side, even if you're blocking you can walk out of the way in time. In the second phase I just found myself disregarding blocking completely and just rolling behind him.
>>
>>336208661
Parries are hardly worth the risk anyway, the pay off isn't high enough considering how much damage you take if you mistime it. Besides, you could just be attacking in the time you waste baiting out the right attacks and make the whole thing moot.
>>
>>336208798
>>336208959
Get to replay levels as an Oni.
>>
File: image.png (84 KB, 256x404) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84 KB, 256x404
Reminder to ask for Momiji in the surveys.
>>
>>336208798
Me, you, and DSP
>>
>>336208959
Probably just some special gear that'll be made redundant a few hours in, or a special Kodama or something. I hope it's something silly, like the panda suit in Onimusha.
>>
Nue? More like old and busted.
>>
>>336209191
Not really surprised. I know the whole retard thing is an act to get people to notice him, anyway.
>>
>>336208959
I honestly don't want it to be something unique. Even if I'll be able to get it, one-chance things like that annoy me because I know what it's like to be on the other side. It doesn't feel right to be locked out of something just because you didn't take part in something else, especially if you didn't know about that something else
>>
I'm kinda hoping we can grapple oni enemies too. hate the fact they can do that to me and I can't grapple them to shove my sword up their ass.
>>
>>336208126
Dodging in low stance acts as a ki pulse.
>>
>>336209165
Wait, what?
>>
>>336208959
I like the idea that we get an equippable battleflag. A literal mark of the conqueror
>>
>>336208126
did you get the weapons from the grave near the demon and in a cave. just beat the revant and you should get a weapon with 200 + atk
>>
wheres the raikiri?
>>
>>336210648
>>336210005

Thanks for all the tips. I just beat him now and received the DLC download. I honestly cannot wait until this game comes out. Really hoping for a collector's edition.
>>
File: ken-sama.jpg (233 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
ken-sama.jpg
233 KB, 576x324
>>
>>336210767
Nue or on Shibusawa's corpse
>>
>>336210767
Have to beat 2nd level
>>
>>336207503
>White man going to Japan and slaughtering non whites

This will turn into a problem with SJWs. I just know it.
>>
>>336211953
>ENTITLED WHITE MALES FORCING THEIR WHITE MALE PROTAGONIST ON US
>But it's loosely based off of history of the white English trader of the same name that came to Japan and became a Samurai
>And it's made by a Japanese company

And that's how that will end, because if they try to fight it further, they'll just look even more retarded.
>>
>>336211953
>>336212156
No it won't. SJWs hates the Japanese as much as white people. They're beyond racist when it comes to Japanese, insinuating that it is in their nature to be pedophiles, rampant sexists, and patriarchal evils.

Only the "I need this to be popular" sjws will say something, then quietly stop saying anything because they realize that they're supposed to hate Japan.

Look at the general response to the Ghost in the Shell movie being made. Only fans of GITS and cinemaphiles are pissed about it; sjws are fine with it because ScarJo can do no wrong and it's okay because if she's a good actress it's fine!
>>
>>336207503
this game is awesome , i think i already like it more than ds3
>>
>>336210017
You obviously can play with more characters than MC. There's no character creation so they can pop out tons of DLC characters. You know it's true, so might as well ask for Momiji.
>>
>>336209165
>>336212665
>Momiji
>not Nyotengu
Come on, she'd be perfect.
>>
>>336212665
> Momiji
> In the Sengoku Period

No. Stick to your sfm waifu faggotry instead of bringing it here.
>>
>>336209027
I actually thought the same. The final game probably needs to balance parry out a bit, perhaps make the parry-able window slightly longer so that timing it won't be as much of an issue compared to now. I still main mid-katana but more or less rely on dodging at the right time than to block when nothing is coming.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 297x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 297x294
Is there any evidence that the wind debuff could increase knock back distance on enemies? That little aura they get while debuffed has got to do something.
>>
>>336209027
I have never taken damage from not timing a parry correctly though. One on one, it's not super useful, you're right. You just need to wipe the floor with the enemy. With multiple people however it let's you bypass an opponent to take out a higher priority target in the mob. I just figured out the Ki absorption or whatever, holy fuck that's useful! Any tips for fighting regular Oni? I mainly use sloth on them, but is there any gimmick to them? I feel like my Ki depletes faster fighting them?
>>
>>336208959
If it's anything but a cosmetic I'll be upset.
This coming from someone who played through both stages on 3 different characters.
>>
I personally think that a stealth mechanic would make it a little better.
>>
>>336213379
>regular Oni?
Depends on the weapon. I tend to favor low stance for the mobility and then dancing to high to get a hit or two if they miss. Also don't be afraid to utilize kick to drain their ki.

Ninja oni are a real pain though and I tend to favor mid to high stance for guarding and then getting a swing or two in that'll take a good part of their life.
>>
PC/ Wii U port when
>>
>>336212594
Same here. The combat is in the same ballpark of being rewarding, if not more so. I also feel that huge sense of accomplishment, like I did my first run around with DaS. This game is really fresh and I'm loving the Alpha so far. It would take some dumb development choices to not further improve the game from this state.
>>
>>336213379
that aura they leave on the ground does something to ki when you stand in it , also try attacking their head or back , use kicks they take stamina , low standce lets you recover stamina with doges , when an oni doesnt have stamina you can stagger them
>>
>>336213690
Oh shit, haven't fought ninja Oni yet, can't wait. I just made it to the second area that's on fire and I'm having a tad bit of trouble with the Oni on the roof becuase of the small arena space. I basically get too nervous and fuck up. Thanks for the tips though. So I heard there are rewards for besting the Alpha, like a banner and some dlc, have you beaten it to find out?
>>
>>336214002
Banner's just a guess for what the dlc is gonna be but you get it after beating the level your on. If it's the axe oni after that ladder shortcut then low-stancing should help. If you're agile enough, you could get behind him get a high stance swipe off baiting him into his "fuck off" slap that he does to give himself some remove and if you dodge that it'll give you another opening to get a high stance swipe on him if you stayed at his back.
>>
>>336214002
you get "mark of the conqueror" for killing the first boss(you download it from psn) , no need to finish the second level , no one knows what we will get tho
>>
>>336212745
Nyo is a semen demon and no fighter despite what her shirt says.
>>
>>336213891
The aura regenerates their ki and depletes yours.
>>
Are there going humanoid spirits you can get in the main game, or something?
Or did I miss something and not get them in the demo?
>>
>>336215310
The spirits in the demo are the only ones they made available.
>>
Just a reminder that when sharing strategies if the word "Sloth" appears anywhere in your post it's pretty much invalidated. You're playing on easy mode.
>>
>be facing the oriyoki demon
>going ham with lightning spear taking no damage in high stance
>get him at a sliver of hp and I'm low too
>hesitate and die

Only after did I realize all I had to do was drop back and arrow him once. Fuck I hate my life, now I'm stuck. I feel like damage is so fucking inconsistent in this game too. Sometimes he hits me for a ton sometimes not really. I'll use an Axe that's supposed to do much more damage but doesn't seem to at all, sometimes I'll chunk him hard and sometimes it feels like I'm in normal stance.
>>
>>336215402
Not my fault this casual ass game is only balanced to be difficult when using melee.
>>
>>336215402
What are you talking about?
>>
>>336215513
The sloth magic spell you learn slows every enemy in the game down by like 100%, meaning all you have to do is cast it and then wail on them like a mindless idiot and you win.
>>
>>336213496
Yes, this. I was thinking the same, I want to be a cheap fucker as well. That has to be the trade off with these games man, if I get hit by bullshit constantly I want to dish it out too.
>>
>>336215310
Maybe, someone had the idea that we end up finding more spirits while journeying like how Zelda finds items.

I could see it as kind of the guardian spirits final forms since there's evidence that they can gain levels in the demo.
>>
>>336215460
Use wind against him. If you really need to, just play it safe and poke 1-2 hits the whole fight.
>>
>>336215669
>Use wind against him.

What? I haven't gotten to use the awakening shit or whatever yet if that's what you mean. Literally have no idea how magic or that works.
>>
File: 1404702392015.jpg (8 KB, 178x154) Image search: [Google]
1404702392015.jpg
8 KB, 178x154
>>336213743
>Wii U
I'm so sorry, anon.
>>
>>336215829
Either switch to the green spirit thing or use a Wind Talisman if you've got one. Or equip your wind magic if you've spec'd in that direction.

Otherwise, just be careful with him. All his attacks are super telegraphed, with the exception of his 360 ball swing when you're close which is harder to see. Get in, grab a few hits and then back off. Use your firebombs if you've got them. Remember that full Ki Pulses disrupt his stamina drain fields. For his second phase just dodge everything and only attack when he's running to throw the balls.
>>
>>336216024
I have no idea what you're going on about in that first part. But yeah he is extremely easy to read, I know all his moves at this point but he will still surprise me sometimes.
>>
>>336207503
Is there a reason to play farther than the first boss? I unlocked the mark download already.
>>
So do we still get to keep the demo after the 5th?

Are we still able to get the mark after the 5th if we complete this?
>>
>>336216153
>Keep the demo
No one's sure but thoughts are no.
>get the mark after the fifth
Nope, Mark is 4/26 to 5/5
>>
>>336216132
At the shrines you can switch your guardian spirit. The red one is fire, blue is water, green is wind, yellow is lightning. They all are activated when the circle near your health/stamina are lit up/full by pressing Triangle + Circle.
>>
>>336216153
You'll get to keep the demo, but they're killing connections to the server after the 5th, so since online is always-required, you won't be able to get past the title screen.
>>
>>336216431
>you won't be able to get past the title screen.
Gay
>>
>>336216150
fun
>>
> 500k to level up
Jesus. That's 5 runs of the second level.
>>
So I haven't even gotten past the gargoyles yet in Dark Souls as I really fucking suck at action games. But I got past the Boat Oni in 4 times and am having a blast with this game. Goal is to beat the rest. Might just give Dark Souls another go after this as I am starting to feel more confident now.
>>
Friendly reminder that full heart spec mid stance katana with 10 spirit and kato is indubitably the best build.
>>
>>336215609

Where do you get this magic?
>>
I have some questions

Why does my toon glow when I dodge? Do I get bonuses if I dodge at the right time?

When j deplete my stamina bar do I go into a -9999 defenses mode? I swear I've been one shorted from full hp to 0 when out of stamina

ive only played for like 30 minutes and I like it. I love how the death recap works on other players and the fact that you can battle their characters on the spot
>>
>>336216924
You take a shiton damage period if your armour isn't good (Which I'm assuming your's isn't, since you haven't been playing very long) but always bear in mind that EVERYTHING in the game takes double damage if they're hit from behind.
>>
>>336216924
Bonuses? Like not getting hit.
>>
>>336216924
Continue playing and your question will be answered
>>
I don't really like the fact that you need to grind enemies to get your "supermove" that is basically guaranteed you need to grind before each boss try you fail but use it on
>>
>>336218249
I don't really like that if you "do it wrong" on Nue the fight takes forever but if you do it right it can be over in 2mins
>>
>>336218249
You could just not rely on super mode to deal with the bosses. You could also realize that it's based on xp gain and not enemies so you can just pop stones if you feel like you need it.
>>
>>336218329
>You could just not rely on super mode to deal with the bosses.
That's gimping yourself though
>>
How do I get more whetstones? I'm remarkably shit at the game
>>
>>336218469
Maybe, depends on how you play. I'd rather save it for if I accidentally pull a group or two ninja oni.
>>336218542
Break boxes or offer up your useless shit to the shrine and hope you get some.
>>
>>336207909
>spirit shark

you have my attention
>>
File: buty.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
buty.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
>Ki Burst
>Triangle at end of combo

>Morning Moon
>Triangle at the end of combo (high stance)

Every time I try to do a Morning Moon, I do a Ki Burst instead. What the fuck am I doing wrong.
>>
The demo was great, I understand what the game is going for much better now, but I much preferred the TGS demo. The cave level looked way better than these two. I'm pretty sure the demo has the very first two levels of the game, considering Will lands on the beach without any equipment immediately in the first level of the demo.
>>
>>336218768
>Morning Moon
>Triangle at the end of combo (high stance)
>Morning Moon
>combo (high stance)
>Morning Moon
>(high stance)
>>
>>336209279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr-_xdTiaGY
that's how you make Nue your bitch.
>>
>>336218982
I'm doing it in high stance, you sperg.
>>
who /masturbates before playing nioh/ here? Really helps with concentration.
>>
>>336219049
Are you sure?
>>
>>336219026
why is his william covered in lightning?
>>
>>336219151
Excessively.
Still comes out as a Ki Burst
>>
File: 1378884391395.jpg (17 KB, 253x208) Image search: [Google]
1378884391395.jpg
17 KB, 253x208
Beat it earlier tonight.
Tons of polish is needed, and I have a good feeling it'll suffer from "hard for the sake of being hard" but I'll most likely get it day one.
>>
>>336219091
I have a sad feeling that Nioh is going to be largely known here only as "that game Phil was playingwhen he accidentally streamed himself jacking off".
>>
>>336219258
Did you get sword Ki before Morning moon? If you did it might've defaulted high stance to that. Just go under skill customization to change it to Moon.
>>
>>336209279
>Hear how hard Nue is
>Finally get to him
>Find him to be a not too difficult but rewarding fight
>Moveset is limited but fun
You can really feel when you get good at the game.

The first part wrecked my shit pretty bad before learning how important blocking is and what Ki Pulse is.

This was a really fun demo
>>
>>336215460
Counterhits and back attacks are thing anon.
>>
>>336219480
Most likely, at least until it comes out and everyone finds all the titty monsters.
That and YOOOOOOOO
>>
So has anyone solved any tactics with unarmed combat in the demo? Obviously you can parry swords, but what about axes and spears? Can you unarmed parry onis at all?
>>
>>336207503

>not using the bird
>not spamming dash like a madman and being a "nothing personnel kid" guy

Atleast it isn't the fox, shiba is good too
>>
>>336220972
Spears and axes you can unarm as well. Yokai you gotta call upon good ol' England and use your pugilist form to deal with those ruffians.
>>
>>336220972
>Axes and spears
Easily parried and you jam the entire axe through the enemy.

>Onis
Nope.
>>
>>336207909
Isn't Kato the fox?
>>
Do Oni respawn like everything else or if I put max effort into one I'll never have to fight him again?
>>
>>336221140
It depends. If they're out patrolling the level they respawn. If they come from the fog they're permanent death.
>>
>>336221038
>Easily parried

The sword is very easily parried, my timing on sword parries is perfect, but I have no idea when to parry axes or spears. Got a video of them?
>>
>>336221140
Oni will respawn if they are wandering around.

If they come from the Yokai fields then they will not respawn.
>>
>>336221140

afaik oni don't respawn
Atleast in the first level, don't know about the second one, the oni I killed on the town part didn't come back
>>
>>336221140
Enemies don't respawn if they appear out of yokai mist. The onis in the first level don't respawn because you clear the mist, but on the second level, there are wandering onis that will respawn because they don't appear out of mist.
>>
>thanks to DSP NiOh will always be remembered as "the game he was streaming when he accidentally masturbated on live"

Why must DSP ruin everything?
>>
>>336221185
>>336221205
>>336221216
Thanks just got butchered by a ninja who came out of the fog and it's good to know when I come back to the game he's fucked.
>>
>>336221324
Oni ninjas are pretty easy if you bait their jump attack, that's a free hit or two
Also just whiff punishing in general, they swing early and if you are moving back a little you can hit them on recovery
>>
>>336221305
You are the only dumb faggot that brought it up so far you useless piece of shit.
>>
File: 1449051782534.gif (2 MB, 395x313) Image search: [Google]
1449051782534.gif
2 MB, 395x313
>>336209191
>DSP
Really? Suddenly it's not that big of a deal to me.
>>
File: 1418527029044.jpg (108 KB, 400x429) Image search: [Google]
1418527029044.jpg
108 KB, 400x429
I don't know if I should play the second level
On one part, I really want to play more NiOh

On the other hand, I don't want to see more of the game before release
>>
>>336221324
Guarding helps against them unless it's they're big spin to win. You'll most like lose all your stamina on that unless you've been leveling it.
>>
File: rules of nature.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
rules of nature.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>336216924
>toon
>>
>>336221305
Only if faggots like you that watch eCeleb garbage bring it up in every thread.I had no idea that ever happened until you brought it up

You're seriously overestimating how many other people are actually stupid faggots that watch other people play videogames, especially DSP.
>>
>>336221305
Seriously?
>>
>>336222078
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPcxXNV12lw
>>
>>336221423
Second level has some good fights and a good boss, should check it out.
>>
What is this game
>>336207503
A dog character?
>>336207909
A shark character?

Is this some animal game where you play as dogs and sharks and have dog shark fights?
>>
>>336222147
Holy shit, he's actually handling it really well on twitter. I figured he'd have a meltdown or go into full shut it down mode and delete everything, but he's actually joking about it.
>>
>>336222394
It's a nipponese action game where you play as a westerner shipwrecked on Japan who must quickly fold his skills or perish against samurai and yokai. The dog and shark are some of your guardian spirits, you pick one and they watch over you giving you extra stats and you can summon them to power up your weapon.
>>
>>336222147
Fuck off with your eceleb faggotry.
>>
>>336219534
>>336219258
>>336219151
>>336219049
>>336218982
>>336218768
CUSTOMIZE SKILLS
>>
>>336223004

I beat the demo already, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to customize the skills. It would always say NONE no matter what I picked.
>>
>>336223363
Did you ever level up and get new skills?

you can do things like make square square triangle execute a whirlwind attack with the spear if you don't want to do half circle triangle.
>>
>>336223363
Learn Skills is literally the option right beside it. It even gets a ! on the icon when you have points to spend.
>>
>>336222837
Sounds cool too,
>>
>>336223429
>>336223442

Yeah I technically learned the skills through the scrolls, right? But what about moves like 'roar', grapple, etc;? Are those automatic or must they be equipped to the combos? Every time I tried to equip a skill to the "none" option it never applied. Was I doing something wrong or do they not need to be equipped?
>>
>>336223563
When you highlight a skill in the Learn Skill menu it tells you the input, a description of what it does, and you can press Triangle to see a short movie of what it looks like.
>>
how do i get the demo anyway?
>>
File: 1423175856317.jpg (114 KB, 688x666) Image search: [Google]
1423175856317.jpg
114 KB, 688x666
>>336223728
Download it in PSN store?
>>
>>336223668

I guess I overlooked that. In all honesty, I plowed through the demo with a 206 atk axe and only used midstance with square, square, square, dash; rinse and repeat. Seemed to work in my favour.
>>
>>336223849
oh ok thx
>>
File: isonade.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
isonade.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
water sword best sword
>>
File: Ashigaru_Inf_Yari_Ashigaru.jpg (6 KB, 128x236) Image search: [Google]
Ashigaru_Inf_Yari_Ashigaru.jpg
6 KB, 128x236
>>336223980
Yari Ashigaru gosaimasu!
>>
File: 1334203794714.jpg (165 KB, 777x709) Image search: [Google]
1334203794714.jpg
165 KB, 777x709
>>336209165
>Reminder to ask for Momiji in the surveys.

I'd rather see original characters that actually fit.

Momiji isn't even a good design or interesting character.
>>
>>336223980

Fuck does water do? You gonna drench a nip to death?
>>
>>336224303
Fire = causes burning
Water = more range for attacks
Lightning = faster attacks I think?
Earth = no idea
>>
Where's the survey anyway? I never got it.
>>
>>336224451
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_us
>>
>>336224434
>Water = more range for attacks
You sure that isn't wind?
>>
>>336221458
fucking thank you
>>
File: survey 1.png (968 KB, 773x971) Image search: [Google]
survey 1.png
968 KB, 773x971
post your survey answers
>>
File: survey 2.png (719 KB, 695x941) Image search: [Google]
survey 2.png
719 KB, 695x941
>>336225364
>>
>>336224905
is it wrong to ask for a challenge arena or something like that?
>>
Is there a reward for beating the second level? I kind of don't want to do it because I'd like to keep my run of the full game as blind as possible.
>>
>>336225476
No, second level's just for kicks.

It's only quite short and there's literally no plot or anything to it, so give it a go.
>>
>>336225476
i got a sweet katana
>>
File: 1439842346654.jpg (134 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1439842346654.jpg
134 KB, 640x480
>>336225423
>I hope there's some kabuki YOOOOOO music
>>
>>336209165
I'd rather just have a character creator, at least for NG+ if they have a fixed character based story and have to have William in it.
>>
I wonder how the actual william adams would feel about him being used in a video game where monsters commonly disembowel and devour him. I would think that's pretty awesome people thought my life was that badass.
>>
>>336225547
>there's literally no plot or anything to it
Yeah there is. You get sent there because it's been overrun by outlaws and all the freaky shit that's going on. It's kind of stated that his arrival coincidences with the Nue's arrival. It's a very basic plot but there is something.
>>
>>336225952
You're right, rather I should've said "there's practically no plot beyond an extremely loose one that doesn't give way to any major spoilers or anything".
>>
File: Nioh Alpha Demo_20160502122824.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nioh Alpha Demo_20160502122824.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
The game fucking sucks. And before anyone said that I haven't beaten it here.
>>
>yfw halfway through the game it turns out nioh takes place in the ninja gaiden / dead or alive universe and you're not actually in feudal Japan but a village outside the city Ryu Hayabusa lives in.
>>
>>336225547
Oh, guess it can't hurt to play through it then.
>>
>>336225728
A character creator almost always adds nothing to a game unless the purpose is roleplaying, which games like this and Dark Souls aren't.
>>
>>336226107
No one cares. Go fish for attention elsewhere.
>>
>>336226091
True enough, it feels very much like something the Shogun would send you out on to test your capabilities near the start of the game before anything pick sup.
>>
>>336226414
Yeah, I do like it how they haven't put any of the cinematics or anything you'd assume would be in the final version into the demo, so we don't really know much about the plot overall, beyond some basic stuff from the brief level descriptions and NPC voice logs.

I'll be curious to read this tie-in manga that's coming out in June.
>>
>Get my ass kicked by Rue with a sword
>Actually hold myself pretty well but can't seem to do well enough
>After a few tries, go in with a spear since they're easily my favorite weapon type
>Attacks are so long that I'm hitting his belly through his face and canceling his lightning stance and staggering him like a bitch
>Every time he powers back up I'm knocking him right back out of it

Holy shit this is amazing
>>
>>336226646
>tie-in manga that's coming out in June.
You think they might be a way for them to potential characters we might play as? If they go in that direction for the final game.
>>
>>336226973
Maybe some other patsiches of IRL gaijin samurai? If the protagonist is a stylised William Adams, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that Jan Joosten or the Schnell brothers or whoever else might pop up in some capacity.
>>
>>336208315
Chained Onryoki is fucking bullshit in that tiny enclosed space. Thank FUCK that's not the entirety of the boss battle.
>>
>>336227184
For sure. I'd like to see a weapon load out for a samurai that leans a bit more on skill and dex. Willy boy feels like an rather even slate with his beginning 5s and how most the armor stats are within three points of it.
>>
>>336221392
Ninja Oni are by no means "easy".
>>
>>336227826
DSP beat them first try. You must suck at videogames.
>>
>>336207503
LOL literally Sif and a bonfire what a complete ripoff
>>
Up to second boss finally. I'm sad that the demo goes down on Thursday, can't wait for the final game. It's been really fun.

Also can we agree on how based KT are? This is how you do a demo. I've had 10+ hours easy and haven't even touched a whole weapon type yet. Meanwhile other demos aren't even one hour at best.

If you somehow haven't played yet and want to see raw gameplay without a faggot spouting memes all over the place: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkNdu0OhiqopKjgsrJWPyxuR3UjUIbNRD
>>
>>336227429
Well, admittedly there's still plenty of time for that to be changed, so you never know.

I'm just hoping they don't attempt to shoehorn in any DoA stuff just for the sake of it.
>>
>>336227943
Lemme guess, bombs/fire shuriken? It only takes two of either and spend time running away waiting for the fire damage to run its course.
>>
So which weapon is the good one?
>>
>Team Ninja
>0 semen demons in the demo
It's going to fail.
>>
>>336228303
Kat, axe, and spear are the good ones.
>>
>>336228614
Bullshit, there's always one weapon type that's better than all the others.
>>
>>336228303
They're all good.
>>
>>336228706
see
>>336228652
>>
File: roeselien_zen_fox9.jpg (243 KB, 721x480) Image search: [Google]
roeselien_zen_fox9.jpg
243 KB, 721x480
>mfw i just stood and listened to the music and rain at the start of the second stage for like 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kORT6xLIpTM
>>
>>336228754
Not really, there's once stance for the spear that's a bit OP in certain contexts, but apart from that, they're all pretty good.

Bare-hands are great too, if not just for the parries.
>>
I only just got past the residence and defeated the oni mook to open up the village area
Do I have a reasonable shot at getting the Mark before the demo period ends?
>>
>>336228940
You have 3 days. Demo usually takes people 4-6 hours, depending on how good they are and how thoroughly they explore.
>>
>Host expects me to fucking solo Onryoki for him
>Stop attackng at 1/4th of his HP
>Run by the host and bait the dude into throwing the cannonballs at us
>watch the host flail around until he gets the picture and starts attacking

I'm here to help, not do the whole fucking thing for you
>>
Is anyone else having a lot of trouble with the first boss? I had no issue getting to it, died a few times but once I got the hang of it I was fine. I've been trying to kill this fucker for an hour and a half but can't seem to come close.

How do you even dodge his Boulder throwing attack?
>>
>>336228998
Well, the first day or two I played were basically just entirely figuring out the mechanics, and learning how to play. I got through the first area fairly easily after that.
Oh, also, I've been putting all my levels into health and ki (so only using katanas and spears) and kinda neglecting the ninja/onmyo abilities, I assume I'm doing it wrong?
>>
>>336229048
>How do you even dodge his Boulder throwing attack?

Its the easiest attack to dodge? Just dodge slightly before he throws it. You can also tell when he's gonna pick one up and throw it since he walks directly towards the balls instead of you.
>>
>>336229159
Katanas scale with Heart, so you'll be fine.

I didn't bother with magic or ninjitsu at all on my first run through the demo.
>>
>>336229196
Well obviously it's easy to see when he's going to throw one, it's the only attack with the boulders he does between 3/4-1/2 health.

I e dodged it before but I can't do it anymore. It's probably been an hour since the last time I did it successfully.

His easiest attack to dodge is obviously his swinging attack at the start.
>>
>>336229348
Are you over or under 70% weight? It's probably the easiest attack to dodge under 70% weight, but the hardest when over.
>>
File: 1423256594836.jpg (9 KB, 228x210) Image search: [Google]
1423256594836.jpg
9 KB, 228x210
>>336229017
>get to bossfight
>use the slow down spell and then hang back and chill
>host gets rekt by slowed down boss
>>
>>336229393
I'll check again later. The last time I checked I was like 55%. I tried lowering it to like 35% but I still had 'B' agility (or whatever) so I didn't see a point in lowering it from 55%.
>>
>>336227943
DSP is a fag that used fire bombs.

Fighting them melee is hard as fuck because they always have frame advantage.
>>
is there any way to play this without ps+?
>>
>>336229539
You get A agility at 30% or lower.
>>
>>336229635
Don't be in Germany?
>>
>>336207503
>Nioh is an upcoming historical action role-playing video game being developed by Team Ninja, to be published by Koei Tecmo for the PlayStation 4.
how the fuck is this bullshit "historical"?
>>
File: 1462116416547.jpg (105 KB, 465x630) Image search: [Google]
1462116416547.jpg
105 KB, 465x630
>>336229635
Mach ein Profil und gib Österreich als Wohnort an Bernd.

Fucking Ps+ jews/german vidya laws.
>>
>>336229689
oh, so it's only locked to ps+ in germany? glad if got a uk and us account
>>
>>336229635
>is there any way to play this without ps+?

I don't have ps+ and i can play it.

That said, just create a foreign psn account if it's some regional thing.
>>
>>336229659
Is it with worth it for the boss? 30% seems quite low if you can have armour above 55% without going down to C.
>>
>start game up
>immediately die in 2 hits to the first enemy
Everything hits like a truck in this game. I must be doing something wrong because there's no way this game should be this hard.
>>
>>336219243
because right before he died he was getting back his electricity and i got hit by it. adding extra swag to the kill
>>
>>336229881
Stop getting hit.
>>
>>336229750
>how the fuck is this bullshit "historical"?

It's based on actual history.
It's a fictional tale set in 1600 japan featuring a character based on a real person, William Adams, fighting against japanese spirits.
>>
>>336229881
The game wants you to have armor. Just practice on the first two enemies until you can reliably dodge around them, armor should start dropping. Not letting you at least have a shitty piece of armor in each set at the start was a bit of a mistake.

Bigger, tougher enemies are more likely to drop better/higher level weapons and armor.
>>
>>336229881
You die like shit with no armor on, enemies drop armor so just play safe and wait for the drops.
>>
>>336229847
Imo, yes because you can simply block to avoid almost all damage.
>>
>>336229961
>Not letting you at least have a shitty piece of armor in each set at the start was a bit of a mistake.
Fucking loot the corpses. The body the first guy checks gives armor and he has a tendency to drop some as well. Don't go up to the two guys, go around some rocks and find the axe man in the water with another body for more armor.
>>
>>336230140
Yeah but until you get a decent piece in every slot the basic enemies will two-shot you, let alone the first samurai you run into.

It's a weird system; I kind of can't figure out if Team Ninja is going for a soulslike or if they're going for a slower paced character action with leveling.
>>
>>336229550
>>336228285
https://youtu.be/_SdesFAaeyg?t=45s

0:45

How does it feel to suck?
>>
>Good weather yesterday
>Take the bike out for a spin because it's relatively new (to me) and I want to get better connected to it
>Hit US 26th since it starts in town
>Fly out for several miles
>On the way back become assaulted with bees/wasps

I had like 30 of the fuckers jammed into my fairings and several on my helmet.
Somehow none got stuck to my jacket.

It's nice getting the bike up to 70. Although it's 85 on the freeways, its not as nice to drive through.
>>
>>336230237
Probably the latter. They give you everything you need in the start to pull things 1 1 and it seems like there's increased armor drop rate in the beginning.
>>
>>336230680
Bees are the unexpected killer bruv.
>>
>>336230680
You'll bee fine.
>>
I'm stuck on the first boss. Where the hell are you guys finding 200+ attack weapons to fight him??
>>
>>336230680
>>336230763
>>336230812
>that special needs teacher for the autistic, on YouTube, called Hey I'm Bee.
>>
>>336223980
water spear is best, looks like a trident
>>
>>336230960
On the beach, at the far end (Away from the shrine), there'll be a cave containing a ninja Oni and a revenant of the game's producer, Kou Shibusawa. He always drops a good katana.
>>
>>336229635
I don't have PS+ and I played this just fine. However I bet in the final game we'll need PS+ to do coop or anything of the sort.
>>
>>336229847
I roll with 58% to 65% armor and do just fine. My agility is still B and I can take hits.

At 30% you're fucking dead from a hit.
>>
>>336231434
The demo's a PS+ exclusive in Germany, which I believe is what he's referring to.
>>
>>336230638
>in a fucking corner

Fuck off, faggot. Posting the most conditional bullshit I've ever seen.

That's worse than the fag boasting he's good at the game for beating Onryoki while he was glitched in co-op.
>>
>>336231606
All I could make out of your post is

>I'm bad
>>
Does Japan have any legendary axes or hammers one could expect to see in game?
>>
File: doge.jpg (16 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
16 KB, 264x264
>figure out ki pulse, enemy ki management for beating yokai, arrow headshots, map paths, best ninjitsu and magic, etc.
>start matchmaking on stage 1 to help people learn the game and get Mark of the Conquerer
>mfw the next 8 hours of pain
Maybe 5 people made it to Onryoki including the 2 that had already opened the shortcut to him. 2 beat him.

A vast majority of players:
-refused to ki pulse even after I demonstrate to them that I can seemingly strike forever
-summoned every single phantom they saw and eventually got one-shot by one
-refused to open shortcuts, refused to take back paths to avoid ambushes
-got fucked by a slowed yokai I was soloing because they were too afraid to attack

I just...I don't...

How can people be so... not bad, but stupid
>>
>>336229881
Everyone is telling you sort of the right answer: wear armor

What they're forgetting, which is way more important, is that this game's equipment is Diablo-style and not DaS-style.

Every enemy will drop armor and weapons of varying quality constantly
>>
File: harapepe.png (611 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
harapepe.png
611 KB, 540x540
>>336236214
>summoned every single phantom they saw and eventually got one-shot by one

This. I always get summoned to gank these spirits. That's not honobaru man.
>>
>>336212156
dark souls is ultray popular and in that series you kill 2 traps. Many women are damsels in distress and show to be weak physically and mentally... but sjw dont complain about them because they cant even play them or because the difficulty memes consume people's perception about them.
Nintendo babbiegames and the most marketed AAA however...
>>
>>336236636
but why

they give almost no amrita and terrible equipment, only the tough NPC phantoms drop anything worthwhile
>>
>>336237009
I know it seems a little obvious, but the NPC phantoms are the ones with names like "Dickface the Huge" right?

I don't often get drops from them that are worth it. I remember fighting one that had a sword that did fire damage, but I didn't get it on a win.
>>
File: 1445883938575.jpg (23 KB, 244x249) Image search: [Google]
1445883938575.jpg
23 KB, 244x249
>>336237009
>noobs get killed by spirits
>summon help
>fuck up the super hard spirits
>wew I'm so good
>>
>>336237131
If the name is white and the sword is red it's a player phantom

If there's a yellow name and a gold glow it's an NPC
>>
>>336237131
The NPC ones have red names.
>>
>>336237230
>>336237237
>Yellow name is NPC
>NPC ones have red names

Bruhs.
>>
>>336237292
Just look to see if the sword is glowing red or gold, just red means it's a player
>>
>>336237292
Some but not all of the NPC ones have a yellow glow but they always have red names. They also don't have a time of death shown. Trust me I work for Japan.
>>
>>336237401
>Trust me I work for Japan.
Hey cool, my dad works for Japan too. Maybe you know him?
>>
>>336237441
Did your dad even unite the land?
>>
How the fuck do I change weapons mid combo? I am pressing left on the d-pad but it does nothing.
>>
>>336238079
You can't change weapons mid-combo, you're supposed to change stances with R1+button
>>
File: Ask-a-Question.jpg (23 KB, 450x357) Image search: [Google]
Ask-a-Question.jpg
23 KB, 450x357
>>336207503

>SERIOUS QUESTION

Would you guys prefer a Dark Souls target lock camera or let Nioh's lock camera as it is?
>>
>>336236214

>Summon every phantom they see

Kek this happened to me many times. Every host does the same shit and I dont know why.
>>
>>336238079
Do a Ki Pulse, then sheathe your weapon, and during the weapon sheathe animation you change weapon. Doing a Ki Pulse makes you do a quicker sheathe so you can swap fast.
>>336238337
I like Nioh's camera just fine the way it is, but I'd like to have more leniency for changing targets. It feels like you can only change your lockon to the people you're looking at, which gets in the way of doing cool shit like parrying one guy in a crowd then attacking the rest in front of you.
>>
Does anybody else dislike the loot system so far? I don't like every enemy dropping 3 items that I have to pick up and just end up selling. Plus I'm not really a fan of the borderlands "this purple spear has 3 more damage than my yellow spear" shit.

Other than that though I think this game does have potential. I hope they make more drastic changes to it, because right now it really does just feel like a complete rip-off of the souls games.
>>
it begins already
speedrun of the demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSV5NYk0wsY

"stylish" video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8

Games not even out and its a blast. Especially the stylish video
>>
Do the spirit animals have any use outside of that power up?

Like having a passive that is active even when the weapon is not activated.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.