[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LMAO LETS MAKE A BLOODBORNE BOSS IN DARK SOULS! >LETS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: maxresdefault.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
>LMAO LETS MAKE A BLOODBORNE BOSS IN DARK SOULS!
>LETS MAKE HIM NEVER STOP JUMPING AROUND IN HIS SECOND PHASE LMAO
>LETS BALANCE HIM ENTIRELY AROUND BLOODBORNE'S QUICKSTEP AND MAKE IT SO HEAVY WEAPONS CAN NEVER LAND A HIT LMAOOOO!

Is Miyazaki actually a hack? Was Dark Souls just a fluke?
>>
>>336207039
I beat him with Smough's hammer, git gud
>>
File: 1438647092520.jpg (15 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1438647092520.jpg
15 KB, 480x270
He's actually so easy
>>
>>336207039
How bad are you? If you stay under him most of his second phase attacks won't hit you. As an UGS user, he was the easiest boss for me
>>
>>336207039
lol what a cuhckhawld
>>
I used a great club and beat him in a couple tries. It's really easy since his tail sticks out so far behind him and you can hit that for full damage.
>>
I beat him easily with a Vordt's Great Hammer, git gud
>>
I literally beat him first try without getting hit. I got my ass destroyed by a lot of other bosses. 90% of his attacks don't hit while under him. Just fucking dodge.
>>
>>336207039
Beat him first try with the butchers knife get good
>>
>>336207039
Remind me: which boss was he in Bloodborne?

Just because he's Lovecraftian doesn't automatically make him Bloodborne. In fact, most of the designs are based on previous Souls games, including Demon's Souls, which therein, are loosely based off of Berserk.

tldr; most designs aren't original anymore, but I wouldn't be opposed to Bloodborne-esque bosses.
>>
>>336207401
I dont know m8, Ive killed pretty much every other boss first or second try, but this fucker gets me. his first phase is easy but then he JUST WONT STOP FUCKING JUMPING AROUND I swing and he jumps away.

and if I do connect a hit, he then starts flailing around like a retard and fucks my shit up
>>
File: OCELLLOOOOOOOOTTTEE.png (234 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
OCELLLOOOOOOOOTTTEE.png
234 KB, 800x764
OCCELLLLOTTTTTEEEEEEEE
>>
Main Nameless King's Sunspear and beat him without dying, drank 2 flasks. Why are bloodbornefags so insufferable?
>>
>>336207039
Hes probably one of the easiest bosses in the game.
[/spoiler] Holy shit the next guy is literally going to make you kill yourself if you have an issue with him.
>>
>>336207610
SNAAAAAKE
>>
>>336207530
he wasnt talking about design, he was talking about the fact that 90% of DaS3's enemies behave like bloodborne enemies, while you the player, dont function like the bloodborne protagonist, creating a balance that works great for shieldless longsword builds, but horrible for heavy builds with slow weapons or anything less than a greatshield with high stability
>>
This was one of the easiest bosses in the game

>Hide right under his front right, where most of his staff hits whiff
>Second phase stay right under his crotch, where everyone one of his dashes and lunges will go right over you
>Just block the spin and punish

As someone who's pretty bad at Souls games (Abyss Watchers killed me over a dozen times), this boss took me two tries. Not sure how you really have trouble with him
>>
>>336207039
>one of the only bosses I beat first try
stop being so shit and blaming everything but yourself for it.
>>
>>336207039
It's literally like fighting Tigrex.
>>
>>
>>336207039
But to answer your question, yeah. Dark Souls was probably a fluke.
>>
File: 1442900672345.png (560 KB, 637x515) Image search: [Google]
1442900672345.png
560 KB, 637x515
It took a long time to beat him with a great hammer.
>>
He's LITERALLY the hardest boss in the game if you level pure sorcerer.
>>
>>336207039
why does someone make a thread like this for every fucking boss? We get it you suck go bitch to vg about it
>>
File: 1461803820204.png (151 KB, 474x311) Image search: [Google]
1461803820204.png
151 KB, 474x311
>>336207039
Fun Fact; Ive beaten this game three times now.
Fun Fact; Ive never died to this boss.
Git gud
>>
File: 1438854835809.jpg (42 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
1438854835809.jpg
42 KB, 800x764
OCEL-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
Used a +10 Greataxe

The most annoying thing about the boss was running to him and the knights outside his room

He is either an unstoppable machine of rape and pain and then sometimes you'll able to just smash in 10 hits while he idles for some reason

It's possible, likely no more difficult than using a fast dex weapon

All the bosses felt much easier with a slow and heavy weapon really, since you can abuse iframes and just sneak in strong hits in between rolls as opposed to a few weak ones
>>
Holy shit is this bait? His second phase is a joke when you stick on his ass you're litterally invincible. Beat him first try with UGS
>>
None of the bosses in this game put up any challenge. Maybe you should try and get better?
>>
>>336207987

How? The only attack you even need to worry about blocking is the spin, huddling beneath him makes everything whiff. And the flying breath attack is easily rolled through and telegraphed to hell and back, and as sorcerer you're definitely not fat rolling, so
>>
>>336207706
This. For whatever reason most of the DaS3 bosses behave like BB bosses, but without the player being able to move and attack as gracefully as they can in BB.

It makes fighting using slow weapons not fun at all. For example when fighting the Twin Princes with my BKGA if I dodged their attack and then immediately attacked, his next attack would still hit me because the recovery frames for my attack are just that fucking long.

The damage is good, but a longsword user probably could have attacked twice or just attacked and then rolled back to safety. I beat the boss on my first try, but that's by estus spamming and just outtanking the boss. It's easy to see how retarded the core design is for non dex builds.

If you go dex though every boss will feel amazing and perfectly designed, but that's because only you can actually function properly to deal with their tools without having to outright cheese them.
>>
>>336208303
I should mention though that the boss OP is complaining about is stupid easy with everyone because he just whiffs constantly. You can just walk up under his tummy and attack with any weapon you want for free. I'm wondering if they even tested this boss as shit like that would never work in BB.
>>
>>336207039
>>336207156
Fuck off
>>
>>336208303
Naw, bosses just respond to attacks really quickly and there combos are delayed just long enough to make you think its over. Youll notice it a lot on champ and nameless. Prince does it on a few attacks but some of his have really long windows (like after his double swipe in p1)
>>
>>336208303

>outtanking the boss

Gee, it's almost like you're playing a tanky build or something
>>
>>336208065
git life
>>
>>336208181
He has a huge magic resist, and he will constantly charge so you basically just have to melee him with whatever you've got, with lessential survivability then other builds.

Also idk why people say being under makes everything whiff, his spin sometimes connects and his charge hits under him.
>>
Dark Souls 3 bosses, hardest to easiest

Oceiros
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Aldrich
Dancer
Abyss Watchers
Nameless King
Ancient Wyvern
Lothric, Younger Prince
Crystal Sage
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Champion Gundyr
Soul of Cinder
Vordt
Old Demon King
Iudex Gundyr
Deacons of the Deep
Dragonslayer Armor
High Lord Wolnir
Yhorm the Giant
>>
OP, you were born a child of dragons
What could you possibly suck at?
>>
>>336207039
jfc op. I beat this boss with the greatsword. Get your shit together.
>>
>>336207039
>it's another "It's not my fault I'm bad at DaS3" episode
>>
>>336208587
His spin is probably one of the most telegraphed attacks in the game other than dancers grab. He always looks to his left then spins. Tons of time to dodge it. The charge wont hit you if your behind him.
>>
This is why you niggers never git gud.
Blame yourselves, not the game.
>>
>>336207039

but he is way more easy than every other boss in the game
>>
>>336207941
What's up you meme-loving fuck?
>>
>>336207039
He's a bitch on ng+
>>
>>336208118
Dumb oceirosposter
>>
>>336207039
>was dark souls a fluke

Considering they still cannot replciate even the world design three games later, I would say yes.
>>
>>336208835
he's literally the hardest in the game.
>>
File: 1433818670896.jpg (10 KB, 238x239) Image search: [Google]
1433818670896.jpg
10 KB, 238x239
>>336208612
>Abyss Watchers
>Aldrich
>FUCKING WYVERN

Those bosses are fucking push overs.
>>
>>336207039
Kill yourself, pathetic, dickless cuck.
>>
>>336208989
Abyss watchers are tough before you realize you can exploit the third one and do backstabs.

Aldrich makes you run around a lot and can be frustrating.

Wyvern takes awhile to kill if you don't cheat and has shockwave stomps, so you have to make your estus last.
>>
>>336208951
well they are all great games even if the lightning did not strike as hard as it did with DS1
>>
>>336209097
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wyvern takes awhile to kill if you don't cheat and has shockwave stomps

Holy fucking shit your retarded
>>
Nigga, I killed him with the large club. It isn't even a "Kill it with only rolling R1 and immediately roll out". You can get really fucking aggressive if you can read where he'll jump.
>>
>>336209097
>wyvern takes a while to kill

guaranteed replies
>>
>>336207039
Literally the easiest boss
>>
File: 1460818466449.jpg (13 KB, 246x348) Image search: [Google]
1460818466449.jpg
13 KB, 246x348
>>336209158
not everyone likes to play on baby mode where you can avoid the boss by running away.
I bet you summon help too.
>>
>>336208951
For some reason Souls attacts the dumbest people.
Name any saga, any saga of games and i assure you the level design is samey or even exactly the same.
You people are dumb and are running out of arguments.
>>
>>336209097
>if you don't cheat

i thought i was supposed to do the plunging attack. i guess you can bleed him like you do with Yhorm if you want to be a masochist, but it actually would have been easier to bleed the Wyvern if i didn't have to fight all those fucking stupid as fuck snakemen

worst boss arena, but i enjoyed the idea of where they wanted that boss fight to be. but the execution sucked
>>
>>336209246
I killed him without bleeding, you have to hit his neck/head or tail in between his attacks and roll away from his stomps.
If he flies into the air you run either up or down the stairs in the opposite direction.

If you did the plunging attack you robbed yourself of a perfectly good bossfight.
>>
>>336207039
wat

I took him down on my first go at it with my Large Club +6 and fully expected to git rekt since I only had 3 flasks.

His jumping around in second phase is annoying, but he doesn't seem to actually do any damage with it.
>>
>>336207039
Beat him first try with the muh dick, git good pleb
>>
>>336209351
>perfectly good bossfight

once again, great idea, shit execution. if they wanted you to do the plunging attack to kill him, they should have re-designed the area and his AI so the encounter went in phases of him hunting you across the arena, using a batiste like they have in the smoldering lake to stagger him, then do the plunging attack for the kill
>>
He's just annoying to chase around. Beat him with a spear and no shield, but I can understand people having trouble with him. Although he'll never be anywhere as hard as Sulyvahn or the Dancer, those two are relentless and hellish.
>>
>>336209183
I had no idea about the plunging attack so I just cheesed him out on the stairs to get those regular damage hits to his head
>>
>>336208982
>>
>>336208547
>"tanky" build
>have 27 vigor
>exactly 1000 health
>in any other souls game, this would be overkill to the 11th degree even in NG+3
>be in first NG cycle
>bosses in and past irithyll hit for 2/3 of my health on most of their attacks
>are extremely aggressive
>be using UGS
>eat shit because 90% of the time you're trading blows you can't take
>eat shit because the boss whittled you down while you were waiting an hour to actually have an opening
>>
>>336207039
Beat him first playthrough by myself in one try.

Beat him my second playthrough in 2 tries by myself.

I think your shit man.

Quick question does anyone actually play this game PVE without a LongSword?

The only time i used Yhorms Machete was against the Nameless king for his fucking dragon. And the Greatwood spores to fuck his day up and Wolonir and Deacons(its prolly the best mob killing weapon of all time)

Everything is straightsword all day everyday. Even PVP.

Why use a greatweapon against this boss or Gundyr or Sulvyn or Dancer or literally everything else.

You can put heavy gems on weapons to make them scale to strengh only for a reason retards.
>>
Who voiced this nigga? His voice made my dick diamonds.

>OCELOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTE
>>
>>336208539
>Youll notice it a lot on champ and nameless.
And with DragonSlayer Armor.

He attacks in 3 hit combos but sometimes he wont perfrom the 3rd attack unless you hit him
>>
>>336209830
Bloodborne taught me 50 Vitality and 25 (really 20 before rings add) stamina is the only way to play and play well.

And Dark Souls 3 is the same shit. 50 Vigor and nothing wrecks me. Feels amazing
>>
>>336210541
The problem is I don't have ROOM for all that vigor. If I want to play with any sort of magic, I'm forced to dump an inordinate amount of levels into my magic stats to even do comparable damage to some faggot with a longsword pressing R1 twice.
>pyromancy breakpoint is 40/40
>60 points worth of investment in the magic stats alone if you're deprived
>then another 20 points in attunement because anything less and you'll have no fucking slots to actually attune spells to
>then of course you need a few points in strength and dex, because some enemies aren't keen on standing around all day while you try to cast a basic fireball
>need endurance as well because even at 20 most spells will chew up at least half
It's fucking awful. And the worst part is that as underwhelming as pyromancy is in many cases, sorcery and miracles don't even fucking compare right now. SL 120 meta is way too low in the game's current state.
>>
File: 1450990275868.jpg (31 KB, 480x599) Image search: [Google]
1450990275868.jpg
31 KB, 480x599
>>336208612
>crystal sage
>harder than anything
>>
>>336211129
>harder than champion gundyr
>>
>>336208612
>Aldrich harder than Dancer
I will never not be amazing at how subjective boss difficulty in these games seems to be. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, someone's hardest boss is always someone else's easiest.
>>
>>336210964
this is a good thing
quality builds are actually viable for once
>>
>>336210964
Sounds like a lot of work to use basic spells that wont hit. Why use them.

Why bother.

The only time my magic attacks landed was i was hiding in some corner and waited until the host would run past the chokepoint. Then free aim the soul stream and ta da death.

But besdes that like vati said. Magic sucks and nothing will make it viable in pvp. Nothing
>>
>>336210541
Jesus christ m8.

With 30 vigor i beat most of the end game bosses in 1 try but 40 is almost necessary for maria and orphan. 50 is just overkill.
>>
Does helping others ass a phantom count as cheating?
>>
>>336207530
>Just because he's Lovecraftian
But he's not. He's just your regular every day insane mutant.
>>
>>336211426
Quality builds have always been not only viable, but optimal. The only thing magic has ever been good for in PvP is buffing and occasionally tagging shitters who can't into dodging. In PvE, quality builds have always been really strong as well, it's just that magic was stupidly powerful.

Nothing justifies turning magic into a joke build though.
>>
>>336211426
>quality builds are actually viable for once
t. das3 baby
>>
Why do spears suck so much in this game?
>>
he's literally the easiest boss in the game
>>
>>336212164
>Ancient Wyvern
>Iudex Gundyr
>Deacons
>>
>>336211994
What's wrong with them?
Haven't used spears in any of the other games, so I'm curious to know the difference. What I notice is that the hitboxes are really bad with a couple enemies and bosses, namely the King of Storms, the goddamned wolf beasts in Irithyll, and Oceiros.
>>
>>336212324
>Ancient Wyvern
Barely a "boss". And if you're not careful the snakes can fuck you up easily.

>Iudex Gundyr
2nd phase can easily confuse people. I can tell you it fucked me up after not having played a souls game in a while.

>Deacons
Well fuck you got me. At least if you take too long they will curse your slow ass
>>
Don't be a faggot. I beat him with Greatsword (the weapon) and the Dragonslayer Greataxe. I've never died to him once.
>>
>>336207039
He's no joke one of the easiest bosses, holy shit.
>>
I tanked this fucker with, about us armor, yorms shield and the zwei. If you are gonna go heavy, fucking do it properly.
>>
>>336207039
Heavy weapons build I wrecked his shit but when I went magic.
>spells only do 100 damage
>>
>>336212324
>wyvern
unless you look up how to beat him, you most likely won't think to run aroun the huge area and jump on his head. The snakes can easily kill oyu if you do
>ludex
being the first boss in the game, lots of people die to him
>deacons
you're right about this though, I'd forgotten about them. Deacons win
>>
>>336211191
>harder than MMA Champion Gundyr
>>
>>336212885
>get destroyed by SoC and Nameless
>first-try the Champ
This game works in mysterious ways
>>
>>336207039
Miyazaki tells you with this.. git gud, stop hiding behind Havels shield and learn to roll faggot.
>>
>>336212760
>Deacons win
nope, Wolnir is even easier.
>>
IGNORANT SLAVES
>>
Great Magic weapon or carthus flame arc? Which is better with minimal investment in stats?
>>
File: ocei.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ocei.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I hated him too.

It's like the arena wasn't designed for him so he ended up floating everywhere.
>>
>>336207039
A a a ahahahahah a a ayah get guuud scrub faggot !
>>
>>336213327
Wolnir gave me a hard time because he never gave me an opportunity to hit his left hand. I had to go in to the gas to hit it and I ended up getting boned by the skeletons.
>>
>>336213152
>first try the Champ on first playthrough
>get stuck on him om second playthrough
I was using the exact same build too
>>
>>336213571
It actually wasn't. Pre-release screenshots show Gundyr in a location that looks remarkably similar to that.
>>
>>336213760
Yeah I think mine was a fluke too
I often nearly kill bosses on the first try and then get stuck on them
>>
>>336207039
>waiting around, the boss

you literally just wait for an opening to hit him once, then wait again. 90% of the bosses are like this, just a frustrating patience test.
>>
So, who else here nearly lost their mind in Irithyll and the goddamned Pontiff? In fact, why is every enemy even vaguely linked to Irithyll except for Vordt an absolute bastard to kill?
>>
>>336214048
You could be a pussy and parry him.
>>
>>336214048
His second phase is really easy since he mirrors his shadow, if you're a distance away they'll use a shitty jumping attack and you get a free opening, rinse repeat
>>
File: 1332188749895.jpg (68 KB, 297x358) Image search: [Google]
1332188749895.jpg
68 KB, 297x358
>OP hasn't figured out how to equip a fucking shield
>>
File: 1342817793900.jpg (22 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1342817793900.jpg
22 KB, 195x195
>mfw every so called 'hard' boss in the game is just a filter for casul magic users that can't be spammed to death
>>
>>336214170
Yeah, my jaw fell when I realized there were two of them in the second phase, but after seeing that their attacks become a lot more manageable I didn't mind it so much. But the first phase I absolutely had to memorize every single combo to roll through, there was no chance for reaction since it's all so fast and just completely random.
And then there were those two goddamned dogs...
>>
File: 1436031656976.jpg (375 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1436031656976.jpg
375 KB, 560x560
>>336214256
>shields
jeez, do you pack some extra absorbent tampons in your purse too?
>>
File: 1454127762103.jpg (417 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1454127762103.jpg
417 KB, 2000x1000
>>336214386

>he's a dex/endurance babby
>>
>>336214383
Yeah, Pontiff is a lot of timed rolling or getting fucked up
What dogs?
>>
File: 1438008941388.jpg (122 KB, 1375x749) Image search: [Google]
1438008941388.jpg
122 KB, 1375x749
>>336214419
>DEX homos
>not pure STR
does your boyfriend at least appreciate how clean your boypussy is?
>>
>>336214383
those dogs just about made me want to quit. i took the advice folks gave about pulling one at a time, and do a drop attack at first, then block and attack to take one down.
>>
File: 1444540795013.jpg (60 KB, 633x475) Image search: [Google]
1444540795013.jpg
60 KB, 633x475
>>336214386
*blocks ur katana swipe*

pshhh, nothan personnel kid.
>>
>>336214461
The wolf beasts in the empty reservoir where you gain the Aldrich Faithful covenant item. They killed me more than Sulyvahn did, and they come basically right after Sulyvahn, which is basically a kick in the teeth.
It doesn't help that their hitboxes don't like spears very much.
I was cheated out of a deathblow on one of them while it was squirming on the ground, I stabbed it three times in the head and all three times missed somehow
>>
File: dc.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dc.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336214256
I can't fathom playing with shield.

I mean, how are you supposed to counter attack if blocking drained almost all your stamina?
>>
>>336213152
>first try both Boreal Valley faggots and Abyss Watchers
>get annihilated by Crystal Sage and Yorhm even though I had storm ruler
Weird indeed
>>
>>336214386
Did you know.
>If you dont have a shield on everything stun locks you.
>If you have a shield on, even if its on your back, suddenly things no longer stun lock you.
also
>Not having green grass crest shield on your back at all times while duel wielding shit.
>>
File: 1445445694049.gif (922 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1445445694049.gif
922 KB, 400x225
>>336214567
>if you aren't a shield cumdump or a magic whore you're a DEX slut
>>
>>336207039
>using anything but one handed swords and short spears
>ever using stupid looking oversized slabs of metal that are greatswords and especially ultra greatswords

You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>336214513

that's even worse. strength has been le easy mode since Demons Souls

another FKUG shitter who gets parried and fucked in the asshole
>>
>>336211191
>Curse rotted greatwood ranking higher than the champ or anything really

I get that you can just parry the champ but curse rotted is really easy.
Take out his minions and basically any weapon can take him to his second phase before more minions start really showing up and even then his own attacks will kill them.
And in his second phase he has long downtimes between attacks and his falling over attack has huge downtime but can be dodged by running to the side.
And he still has weakpoints that can be hit for huge chunks of damage during his second phase.
>>
File: 1431542313341.jpg (7 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1431542313341.jpg
7 KB, 250x236
>>336214664
>letting fucbois parry your
lmfao
>>
>>336210964
>SL 120 meta is way too low in the game's current state.
Only for magic users. The issue is that if everyone agreed it go higher, melee users will just become op as shit, and then it would need to go higher for everyone and then it's all just fucked again like in 2.
>>
>>336214601
Oh right, it's about the last thing I have to do in the game
But really, I died more to some random enemies or minibosses than some actual bosses. I know in one spot there's two big hollowed with a greataxe and a halberd, plus a crossbowdude supporting them, and I died like 7 times there or something
>>
>>336214604

drop the fucking shield when you aren't about to get hit fucklord
>>
>>336207039
Beat this delusional fuck with my claymore

GitGud
>>
>>336214695
Yeah cursed is really easy if you figure out to keep your distance and bait his falling attack in the second phase
If you try to close-range his second phase he's really annoying, though
>>
File: battle_axe.png (5 KB, 95x142) Image search: [Google]
battle_axe.png
5 KB, 95x142
Whats the best 1 handed STR weapon besides dark sword? I've been using my axe since the very start, turned it heavy and haven't found anything better
>>
>>336207039
Beat him first try with a UGS.
Lrn2rollintoR2bro
>>
>>336214664
>strength has been le easy mode since Demons Souls
Oh man we're going in deep now.
>>
>>336207039
heavy weapons actually wreck him, the has poor physical defense, an although he moves around alot, there are many opportunity's to hit him with a charged attack, specially if you have someone drawing his aggro.
>>
>>336207629
Literally can't have Nameless King gear before Dancer on NG, though.
>>
>>336212730
oh god this, ive spent at least 2 hours trying to beat him, its so hard being a glassy wizard already, but the piss damage i do to him cripples me.
>>
>>336214782

magic and lolDBS were both considered easy mode in DeS, deal with it
>>
>>336214718
I don't know if I'm running out of patience for Souls games or what, but I notice myself getting frustrated a lot more in DSIII than in previous games. For example, those rafters in the Cathedral of the Deep that have cathedral knights and thralls on top of them, basically made me want to quit the game for a while. But then I go and read threads like this, and half the bosses people complain about I died very little to and enjoyed tremendously.
>>
>>336209830
you just sound like shit senpai stop thinking you're hotshot.
>>
>>336214601
You can pull them one at a time and bleed weapons with Carthus rouge let you kill them in a small amount of hits since they take 800 damage each tick and even unupgraded a scythe with Carthus Rouge can bleed them every two hits
>>
>>336208982
DSP beat him first attempt....
>>
File: 1288891643818.jpg (27 KB, 550x371) Image search: [Google]
1288891643818.jpg
27 KB, 550x371
>shitters literally can't beat anything without click to win magic spam
>>
>>336214980
DSP is a memer, don't fall for memes or else you're the memee.
>>
>>336214886
No I meant that we're getting to the point were we're gonna start claiming everything but no weapon naked SL1 runs are ez mode, and two more souls games even that will be ez mode. Shit's getting fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>336208181
Huge magic resist and the fact that any strong sorcery takes 2-3 seconds to cast, even with +speed ring.
At that point you've been able to wreck stuff without having to have a backup weapon, so you end up having to try to whittle him down with a +0 weapon dealing 50 damage a hit. It's pretty brutal, but at least he telegraphs all his attacks real nice.

First run through was as a pure sorc. Dancer was the first boss to make me reconsider and develop a backup weapon. Capped out at a +5/6 shortsword (all I had stats for).
>>
>>336214757
You barely even need to but it's easily the longest downtime.

If you know the patterns every attack exposes the hand for a few easy hits (Even if slow weaponry) and generally his weak points that can be hit for a huge burst of damage are just exposed as well.
>>
>>336212760
>Try Plunging Attack.
>Try Plunging Attack.
>Weakness: Head

how dense must you be to not figure it out?
>>
>>336207530
>are loosely based off of Berserk.
>it's another berserk inspired dark souls episode

Oh fuck off you twat. Berserk didn't invent dark fantasy.
>>
>>336207039
>play magic
>cast spell
>his dash one shots me
>>
>>336208147
>+10
>By Dancer
Follow a walkthrough much?
>>
I killed this guy first try with the Pyro hand axe. Acquire skill.
>>
Who is this Ocelotte he keeps screaming about? This kid isn't mentioned anywhere, but I assume he is the reason for the king to mutate into a dragon
>>
IGNORANT SLAVES
>>
>>336207039
I had the same problem with Dragonarmor and couldnt beat him with the murakumo. After 10 tries I used the irithyll rapier and killed him first try. Just try other weapons if it doesnt work.
>>
>>336215073
not everyone was born during the Let's Play generation where everyone wants to vicariously play the game instead of just playing it for themselves.
>>
>>336215035

look m8 farming upgrade material was an absolute nigger in DeS, that's why nobody went for exotic shit like fatal weapons
>>
>>336207530
I didn't play Bloodborde [something something never ever] but I was under the impression Oceiros is like a reverse Ludwig
>monstrous creature that fights in a humanlike manner, second phase he degenerates into a beast, linked to the Moonlight Greatsword
>>
>>336208303
>his next attack would still hit me because the recovery frames for my attack are just that fucking long.

This, I ended up having to rely on RNG to beat him.
>>
To wasnt that bad. His first form was a lot harder then his 2nd form to me.
>>
>>336215204
The king is a dragon because he likes dragons.
It's implied that he killed his child Ocelot after the transformation, not knowing his own strength and terrifying visage.
He went mad and basically reenacts the scene during your fight.
>>
>>336215214

THEY PUT THOSE MESSAGES ON THE GROUND IN FRONT OF THE BOSS YOU SHIT THUNDERER

THE DEVELOPER LITERALLY TELLS YOU HOW TO WIN
>>
>>336215204
Divine Blessing Item Description.
He's the youngest son of the Queen of Lothric, who disappeared to hell knows where after giving birth.
Other than that, nothing else is known.
>>
>>336207039
Are you stupid? There are way better bosses to complain about in this game, like the fucking Nameless King.
>>
>>336215223
Oh no I fucking know. I missed it a little bit in Dark1, at least all the options for weapons, not getting that shit for them.
>>
>>336215298
only kids who don't actually want to play the game for themselves read messages.
It's basically a wiki pasted inside the game, don't embarrass yourself any further.
>>
>>336215316

nameless is piss easy. everyone summons 15 phantoms for him and then complains that he's too hard to take down
>>
oceiros is literally unfinished content accidentally put in the game

his boss room is way too fucking small and he constantly dashes into walls like a dumbass, also his entire dialogue has literally no context at all
>>
File: 1445067454727-0.jpg (2 MB, 3564x2097) Image search: [Google]
1445067454727-0.jpg
2 MB, 3564x2097
>>336214647
It makes me happy that regardless of what minmax we pick, we're all just aids ridden faggots with blown out assholes screaming at each other for not picking OUR build
>>
>>336207039
I literally beat him with a Profaned Ultra Greatsword on my first go. He is literally one of the easiest fucking bosses git gud faggot
>>
>>336209578
You just described dragon God from demons souls. The most underwhelming fight in the game. Gimmick fights are real meh.
>>
>>336215359
>his entire dialogue has literally no context at all
it's self explanatory though, and you already know he's the king.
>>
>>336215349
>no idea what I'm talking about

I'm pretty sure you didn't play the game.
>>
>>336208612
>wyvern not the absolute easiest boss
>Yhorm rated as the easiest boss even though he takes 1 damage from everything but Onion Knight
>Deacons of the Deep higher than anything but Wyvern even though he's just a shit ton of regular enemies mashed together that any AoE attack rapes
>Solomon Grundy in the bottom half
>Sulyvahn near the top even though rolling to behind him to the left beats him every time
>Nameless King lower than Dancer
>Oceiros at the top even though you just have to stick on his feet

This list is so bad it makes me want to vomit.
>>
>>336209097
Did you fight Yhorm without cheating too?
>>
>>336215450
I think he's trying to be ironic, but just coming off as retarded instead.
>>
>>336215359
His boss room is what gets him killed. Runs into wall giving you 10 years to shove your sword up his ass
>>
>>336208612
>iudex gundyr - please parry me: the boss
>harder than dragonslayer armor
>vordt
>harder than dragonslayer armor
>crystal sage
>harder than champion gundyr

wooooo this is some good bait
>>
>>336215019
>>336214980
>>336208982
DSP may be a 'memer', but he's also a terrible fucking player, and any boss he beats in one attempt should be considered for the 'easiest boss in the game' title.
>>
>>336215478
>Yhorm rated as the easiest boss even though he takes 1 damage from everything but Onion Knight

m8...
>>
>>336207039
You sound particularly perturbed tbqh.
>>
>>336215349
>using a game feature makes you a child
>not playing the game how I say it should be played makes you a child
You fucking double nigger
>>
>>336215486
Not him, but I wish having Siegmeyer around didn't break that fight in half. I actually wanted the stress of keeping him alive even though ultimately it didn't matter.

Like, I appreciate having the option to break that fight but I didn't want him to be the means to that. It would have been better if the Storm Ruler had been sitting at the base of the throne and if we wanted to pull that lever we could.
>>
>>336215710
Yhorm is easy even without Siegward. The only hard part is figuring out that you need to charge up Storm Ruler instead of Stancing it and attack.
>>
>>336212324
I am still not sure deacons of the deep were a boss, probably some unused assets glitched and got spawned
>>
>>336215116
You'd have your work cut out to outright deny that the entire souls series doesn't take inspiration from Berserk to varying degrees.
It's not only because of the dark fantasy element.

>>336215180
The game rains titanite shards and large titanite on you throughout the game up until that point.
Chunks are handed out sparingly before then but if you farm the right enemies you can get some I guess.
You get a slab from siegward if you followed his questline.

It's not that much of a stretch, especially if you do lothric castle first since he's talking about Oceiros and I'm just listing the stuff you can get up until Dancer.
>>
>>336209830
>2/3rd health in one hit

What fucking boss, m8?
First run was a tanky 2h GH/UGS build, and absolutely ruined bosses. Sure, the second run as a quality rapier run was easier ,but nothing even came CLOSE to hitting 2/3rd my health in one blow.
>>
>>336215710
>I actually wanted the stress of keeping him alive even though ultimately it didn't matter.
I'd be okay with this if it was done like Anri's questline, a summon sign where you are called to a separate plane to help with their fight. It's less immersive, yes, but ultimately tying NPCs to bosses too much is not good. It's basically the reason why I dislike the Dark Souls II NPC quests that require you to summon NPC for bosses a set number of times.
>>
>>336209241
Your argument makes no sense. FROM have not replicated the world interconnectivity of dark souls 1 in all their games, what the hell does that have to do with other game sagas you fucking retard.
>>
>>336215297
>>336215314
Thanks! I missed the diving blessing description. Though I wonder about the kid, he got a Mergo thing going with being a disembodied voice, implying he's alive in some way
>>
>>336212441
Spears were slightly longer in prior Souls games, and did slightly more damage. With the running/rolling R1, range was about 1/3rd further.
This made all the fucking difference, though. You could hit nearly everything well outside it's maximum hitbox, which allowed for dramatic amounts of cheesing.

In DaS3, the range is shortened and the damage is reduced ever so slightly, so as to allow most large enemies/bosses to hit you at maximum range. It's significant enough to merit the "why are they so shit?" question, but not significant enough to say that they are terrible.
>>
I finally beat SoC SL1
Now I can rest
>>
>>336207039
Wtf. This boss was easy as fuck. Hes extremely easy to dodge.

You're probably a greedy fuck.
In his second phase you can only safely get in 1 attack after his.
>>
>>336212730
>>336214868
Luckily, most of the strong Pyromancer wrecks him, and takes 0 stats to equip. Pop on that glove and some Chaos magic, nigga.
>>
>>336215359
His dialogue makes no sense because he is insane.
>>
>>336215956
Right now I'm going for a Ornstein build. Haven't had too much trouble with the spear range, though I did go from a long sword
>>
>Sorceries are so bad and blah blah blee blah
>Try sorcerer
>Heavy soul arrows hit fucking hard and get upgrades from scrolls
>Range gives you a massive advantage over melee players
>Literally just pump int and have a tiny bit of vigor

Are people just shit at this game? Oh no, my magic doesnt instantly one shot bosses and give me a blowjob while doing my taxes ohhhh noooooooo

Jesus fuckin christ
>>
>>336213489
Crystal Magic Weapon is +95 * Spell Buff / 100, Great Magic Weapon/Carthus Flame Arc are +50 * Spell Buff / 100.
More enemies seem weak to fire than they are to magic, so I'd say Carthus Flame Arc if you aren't planning on investing enough to use Crystal Magic Weapon.
>>
File: Iudex_Gundyr.jpg (119 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Iudex_Gundyr.jpg
119 KB, 960x540
>>336207039

Not nearly as bad as this fuck.

>Blocks have the screen
>Literally impossible to evade his attacks and do damage
>One-shots you from full health
>All of his attacks track you

Fucking dropped this game and just watched the rest on a let's play.
>>
>>336216056
>Range gives you a massive advantage over melee players

lel
>>
>>336216151
In PvE. I'm not arguing the merits of spells in PvP.
>>
I guess I know how you feel. The hardest boss for me in all the souls games was the Four Kings, but everyone says theyre easy as fuck.

I died like 50+ times fighting him.
>>
>>336216137
Are you memeing or did you mean to post champion gundyr?

Either way you suck
>>
>>336216056
they simply removed the utility of spells for most builds. meaning you really have to build specifically for it to get anything out of it. but if you do its mostly good, except miracles.
>>
>>336214048
>Pontiff
>roll behind to the left
>evade every single attack he can use

>every enemy leading to Pontiff
>roll into them and R1 with any weapon, follow with regular attack combo

Was a pretty easy zone, desu. Given the amount of butthurt related to Pontiff, I imagine I figured out/fluked out understanding his attacks, but he's really a pushover. If you're a bitch, there are like three available NPC summons for it, too, including Sirris.
>>
Are miracles even viable? In ng+ with 45 fth and ring of the first born, sunlight spear does fuck all damage to regular schmuks
>>
>>336216202
Not the case with certain bosses, notorious examples are Champ Gundry, Twin *teleport behind u* homo, and Pontiff, and Nameless King

These bosses rarely give you big enough opening of spell casting.
>>
>>336216214
>but everyone says theyre easy as fuck.
Most of em probably had trouble the first time.
>>
>>336212760
Wyvern takes no damage. When a boss takes that little damage, it means theres a weakness somewhere.

If you actually tried to fight it head on, you're a retard.
I just ran past and eventually came to the obvious end where your standing right above its fucking head.
>>
>>336214604
Stamina regen is insane in DaS3. captcha related, pick all tricycles.
>>
>>336216274
Not him, but the C H A M P was the hardest boss in the game for me. He's just so fucking aggressive. I only just heard that you can parry him, but that would have made no difference because shields are for fags.

He just never gave me time to heal, and he'd kill you in two, sometimes even one hit.
>>
>>336216304
>roll into them and r1 with any weapon
>roll into the irithyll knights and R1 with a UGS
>roll into the flame sorcerers with and R1 with a greataxe

i bet you used a straightsword
>>
>>336207181
LITERALLY THIS
Fuck off OP
>>
>>336216459
the CHAMPION is my favourite boss. He is definitely one of the harder bosses, and his second phase is fucking crazy, pretty much infinite stamina.
>>
>>336216459
Depends on RNG really. Sometime he gives you full 3 seconds to heal up, some other times he just did Naruto running and don't ever let you get away. The other things that I hate about DaS3 bosses.

Not to mention all his attacks have fuckhuge range.
>>
>>336214709
Melee users basically cap out at 120. 27 HP, 40 str/dex, rest in equip load/sta.
There really isn't anywhere else to go for melee.
Casters can improve until 60/60, plus still get more resistant armor.

After 120, it's a caster's game, man.
>>
>>336216351
I literally, LITERALLY killed champion gundyr in 8 casts of Great Heavy Soul arrow. He has genuinely shit magic resist. You have to dodge all of 4 times before he's dead.

Do people not upgrade their staves and wear the rings?

Feels like i'm taking crazy pills.
>>
>>336207039
Stand on his ballsack. Hit him in the ballsack.
>Hurrdurr heavy weapons have no chance
If I beat him with a raw broadsword +2 to get MLGS early, you can do it with whatever too. Doesn't have to be your main weapon.
>>
>>336216541
>>336216541
He has three. There's a clear jump in aggression and a shift in music for his final 30%.

Champ is a three phase fight.
>>
>>336215867
I totally agree with you on the issues with Dark Souls 2 - namely Lucatiel. I don't know for sure but apparently you have to summon some guys in Dark Souls 3 in order to get some gear. The Pyromancer for the Demon King must be summoned for example to find some gear where you find the Pyromancer teacher for example. I could be wrong. But I know for certain you have to summon Black Hand to get his gesture but thankfully you can dismiss him by dying.

I know I should have had the strength to not buy shit before I knew what was in it, but at this point I don't care about throwing money at something even if it's going to be mediocre. In my mind, I wanted Dark Souls 3 gameplay to be some compilation of misdirection that subverted all our expectations and lessons learned from the previous games. I wanted not only chest Mimics but Mimics, for example, scripted to be attacked by enemies and charged at you from across the room. I wanted the entire game designed with the idea that some masochist was going to never summon and never have notes and even go as far as to not go beyond level 1.

The ghosts in the jars was a good step in that direction, but were quickly neutered by anybody with patience and a brain - same with every other trap set for us. Every trap was just a gangbang that anybody who had played Dark Souls 2 would know to avoid.

I was tired of finding treasure buried in a corner; I've done that for four games. I wanted my treasure buried in the heart of a Pursuer that chased you through the Road of Sacrifices that no player, experienced or not, could kill with ease. I didn't want the Giant Crystal Lizards to be optional.

I... didn't learn anything this game. I didn't feel any sense of achievement of overcoming the challenges placed before me because they were the same challenges I've already seen and experienced.
>>
>>336214763
Any fast, long weapon. Estoc, rapier, spear, longsword, etc. Your 1h Axe won't do much more damage (<50), and the higher speed and lower stamina drain make the faster straight swords preferable.
As far as Str weapons go, Axe/Mace/Club are probably the best 1h.
>>
>start up new game plus
>fuck the damn sell-swords
>i want a big ass weapon
>make a +10 heavy astora great sword
>breeze through the game until prince lothric
>some reason cant manage to get two hits in with out taking a hit.
>second phase becomes more annoying dealing with the prince casting miracles.
>can't get enough hits in when the older brother is down.

God damn this fight was fucking annoying when using a ultra greatsword.
>>
File: 20160502013939_1.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160502013939_1.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
Just finished Anri's questline.
My heart...it hurts
>>
>>336216582
More VIT for armor, more vig for little shit asss amount of health. Fuck if the returns are so bad just pump faith and attunement a bit and get GMB as a counter to all the magic users. The higher the SL the more shit everything gets.
>>
>>336214889
Just pop an arrow/bolt at them and drag them onto a path. Every enemy except the Lothric Knights with greatbows can be pulled in that fashion, and enemies around the dude you hit don't pull with them.
>>
>>336214817
So? Oceiros is an optional fight. You can save him for the very end
>>
>>336216056
>>Heavy soul arrows hit fucking hard and get upgrades from scrolls
>upgrades from scrolls
Do you mean unlocking Great Heavy SA and the soul spears later?
>>
>>336214763
warpick or butcher knife
>>
>>336216605
I think you have to assume everyone is meleeing these bosses.

The game, the entire series, is not balanced for ranged combat. Well, it is because they give us limited "ammunition" but it certainly does not apply to bosses.

Soul Geyser isn't a good spell. But it melted lifebars.
>>
>>336216802
Yes. Heavy turns into great heavy, which is strong as fuck.

Are people trying to Farron Dart everything to death or something?
>>
>>336209830
>In any other souls game, this would be overkill to the 11th degree even in NG+3

Dude, like every build in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 involved 50 points in the Health Stat (it was vitality then, before they split up stamina and equip burden into two stats in Dark Souls 2.)
>>
>>336215781
>1 possible slab
>if you follow a questline which requires you to go back to the Shrine, IF you've found Patches, and buy an ENTIRE SPECIFIC armor set and then return it
>only way to find Patches at that point is the do the Tower Key at a VERY SPECIFIC POINT
Sure man. Sure.
>>
>>336216749
>the prism stone
;_;

don't care what people say, he/she loved horace
>>
>>336207039
>Is Miyazaki actually a hack? Was Dark Souls just a fluke?

Yes and yes, but Oceiros is actually really easy.
>>
>>336216749
She fights you with a broken straight sword. Because she gave you her only good one.
>>
>>336211261
>Everyone I know swears that Twin Princes, Nameless King, and Aldrich are retarded.
>One shot all 3
>Struggle with Old Demon King because he takes fucking piddly damage from me and keeps lighting me up with that fire kiss blowing shit

It really is subjective as fuck.
>>
>>336216056
Crystal soul arrow is the only one worth using for the cast time and the stamina/FP consumption on soul arrows is hilarious.

Plus, you dump int and have 3 good spells /at most/ while gimping every other aspect of yourself. It's not worth it at all.
>>
No, Dark Souls was a game that was half finished but you decided it was perfect even though the entire back half of the game was shit. The best parts of Dark Souls were almost a carbon copy of Demons Souls, then it just falls apart.
>>
>>336216801
You need to beat Oceiros before NK on NG.
>>
>>336215450
just finished NG+ on my second character.
reading notes just robs you of half the game, I'm sorry you're shit.
>>
>>336216928
I can't imagine anybody used Farron Dart when a flagrantly superior option in Soul Arrow is available immediately and accessible to all casters and the Deprived. If Knight characters are trying to fucking use Sorcery and they picked Knight I don't know what they're thinking.
>>
>>336216041
Don't let me put you off spears, though. Dragonslayer Spear is all kinds of awesome with it's weapon art. That Charge absolutely DESTROYS mobs.
>>
>>336215478
Does that mean you haven't found the Storm sword? Christ...
>>
>>336217125
Farron Dart is obviously troll spell created to trick shitters.
>>
>>336216961
Why would people say otherwise? seemed pretty clear that was the case through the dialogue.

when you help her beat aldrich she says something along the lines of
>Horace, we did it!
i felt a feel
>>
>>336216959
What?

No.
You can find Patches normally in the Cathedral on the opposite side from where he lowers a bridge on you, which takes some circuitous fuckery and exploring the stupid cathedral for more loot. It took me some time to find since I assumed there was a fucking lever to raise the bridge somewhere that wasn't on the other side though since Patches lowers the bridge on the side you're on. I'm assuming that was an oversight because I wasted so much time with that assumption.
You do have to know where the sad onion is but since you keep coming back to that location because shortcuts keep opening up that lead back there it's not too difficult.
>>
>>336217112
just finished creaming ur mom
I'm sorry but she's shit
>>
>>336216460
2h UGS or GH every time. Once you roll under their first spell, they're dead.
With a rapier you can literally just run at them and stunlock them to death, no rolling required.
>>
>>336217328
maybe she'd be less shit if you didn't do it her butt you fucking poopy pumper
>>
>>336216306
cheated to have 99 fth/int, still don't do shit damage to most enemies
>>
dude what if everyboss was like really really resistant to magic lmao -Miyazaki

FUCK MIYAZAKI
>>
>>336216801
caught lying you stupid faggot.
>>
>>336217449
add me hanko69
>>
>>336217449
HAHA EAT SHIT HARRY POTTER FAGS
>m-muh qiditch and flipendis
KEKED
HARD
FAGGOTS
>>
>>336217170
I love it myself, I try to finish every boss with the charge. It's so satisfying
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.