[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tree of Failure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13
File: 2145215.png (455 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
2145215.png
455 KB, 500x653
Hey /v/ you told me this game will save MMO genre, what happened?
>>
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>336205913
This stupid meme /v/ has that mmo genre is bad or dying is just stupid. It only proves that majority of /v/ does not LIKE mmos. If none current ones tickle your fancy, then leave the genre be and dont look back.
>>
>>336206632
So MMOs are actually not dying? What? You're going to need to explain more.
>>
>>336205913
lag as fuck, chinese sellers as fuck, even the fanbase hate how this shit is turning, dead classes and lag as fugg

its ded m8
>>
>>336205913
People are mad they can't play yet, and people who thought it was another braindead mmo learned you actually have to plan your build out and sit on your decisions.
>>
>>336205913
>Had a friend asking me a month ago to play
>Saw it was coming free, figured if my friend is still playing and wants me to join once it goes free then maybe its worth it

>He stopped playing a week before free and doesn't care anymore
Haha, money saved
>>
>>336206746
Only mmo i possibly see dying in the near future is WoW, which /v/ considers "all the mmos". None here cant even name 10 mmos, yet they pull arguments like "mmos are dying" out of their arse without any actual facts. I mean, i've been testing many mmos lately, cause i have grown out of wow and wanted to find another timesink, many of the mmos that are considered dead are more vibrant then ever, for example wildstar, i've never seen so many players playing it then in the past weeks (i didnt play at launch) and the one im investing my time in, eso There are tons of players there and zenifags are pumping in new content all the time.
>>
File: tumblr_mgs171WwBy1rwcfrqo4_400.png (346 KB, 400x415) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgs171WwBy1rwcfrqo4_400.png
346 KB, 400x415
>>336206632
>MMOs are not dying
Maybe if you're never played them in their prime (1997-2005), but if you did you would see that everything being a copy of WOW and EVE being the only sandbox MMO is a fucking nightmare scenario that became reality
>>
Played beta for several days its fun at first but starts to feel repetitive you just go around slapping shit, it just felt like when i played torchlight and eventually just stopped playing.

Just go map to map grinding nothing different
>>
>>336207125
>im 100 years old
> i should start making a career and a family
>yet im complaining about state of mmos
You are just too old for the mmos of newer generation. If you actually could accept change you could see a whole new world. I left wow 'cause i wanted change. And i found something that is not even similar.
>>
>>336205913
They did the opposite of what the playerbase said to do
>>
>>336207101

MMO's are pretty dead creatively.
>>
>>336207101
How do you feel about "every mmo is copying WoW" though? Is it true? You've been testing mmos right? Also how long do you test? A few months to at least complete the main campaign?
>>
File: 0046076546.jpg (149 KB, 516x584) Image search: [Google]
0046076546.jpg
149 KB, 516x584
>>336207397
>You are just too old for the mmos of newer generation
Fucking millennia apologists
>>
>>336206632

I don't think that's true at all, people want there to be a good mmo so badly they are constantly disappointed and don't trust new games in the genre.

Also i believe MMOs are dying, this new trend of survival/crafting/open world games that are dominating steam are the new mmos
>>
>>336207571
The way you mention it, doesn't sound like dying. Merely a trend change. Which shouldn't be all that odd considering society changes trends all the time.
>>
>>336207496
It's more creative then ever though considering they have more workers to implement their ideas quicker.
>>
>>336207683

Well then I guess I should clarify, mmorpgs are dying. Classes, quests, typical progression systems etc.

These new games just focus on player environments and survival from what i understand
>>
>>336207531
At least i actually have TIME to play games. and im not even a fucking millenial. I respect the good old underage b&.
>>336207502
Only one that has been straight copy of wow was rift. Others have put at least some creativeness in them. Wildstar and Eso are 2 very good examples both good in their own ways. i just completed esos campaing, and im about halfway on wildstar. There are not many mmos that are worth sinking a lot of time in but you can find something enjoyable for while like tera, gets dull quick but is a blast as long as it lasts.
>>336207571
Exactly, they have their expectations too high. Everyone is only thinking "this mmo will be MY mmo" and are surprised its not.
>>
File: Lord_Tekken_Harada.jpg (64 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Tekken_Harada.jpg
64 KB, 600x400
>>336207957
>wow copy of Rift
What is Aion.
There goes your entire argument anon.
>>
>>336208097
L2 understand context. I was talking about the ones that I have tested. Not the ones that exist.
>>
>>336207813
>It's more creative then ever though

At best you can claim production values are higher.

Off the top of my head, the last MMO that tried to do its own thing was ESO, and that turned out to be un-fun shit.

>they have more workers to implement their ideas quicker

I don't understand what you mean by this. Who is they, and what is the correlation between shortened development times and creativity?
>>
>>336207957
How many hours you play at once man? MMOs are a time sinker aren't they?
>>
>>336207845
I have never seen as creative and good class system as ESO. Yes it is like any other elder scrolls game but i have never seen it in a mmo.
>>
>>336205913
>>336206493

I play RO and its best game ever because MMORPG VERY scarce at that time, WoW doesnt even enter the beta yet. Its fun at first few level and then the exp become 0.2% for lvl 70-lvl 80. It was tedious grind and BOT popping up everywhere.

RO is like your childhood cartoon that you like during children age and then when you rewatch at adult its actually shit.

so only idiot expecting RO 2,0 will be good.
>>
Because they fell for the modern MMO trap
>tonnes of 'choice'
>only an extremely smell cookie cutter class build is useful for every single job
>controls are god awful
>the lag is terrifying

But mostly it's the fact they give you the illusion of being able to build a character, but unless you build your character ONE SPECIFIC WAY you will never get groups, and you will struggle to kill anything
>>
>>336207101
>i have grown out of wow and wanted to find another timesink

Maybe you should get a hobby
>>
>>336205913
A good chunk of those reviews are "i downloaded the game but then found out i had to pay but it said free to play on the page????!" people who can't read.
>>
>>336208238
I have too much free time. And i've started to fall apart from friends cause of our differences and i've needed something to do. I usually play from when i wake up till i go to sleep. of course eating and buyng food and such in the mean time.
>>
Is it true that you can only trade items if you buy some other item with real money?
>>
>>336208381
I have one. I produce music.
>>
>>336208307
>I have never seen as creative and good class system as ESO

Take the worst aspects of a freeform class system and smash them together with 'standard' class system, and that's what ESO is.

SWG had a far better approach to freeform non-linear class progression.

You may have not seen anything better yourself, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist - your breadth of experience is just very shallow.
>>
>>336208331
what private server?
>>
>>336208513
links?
>>
>>336205913
>2d mmo
Who the fuck is gonna bother playing that. Also since it's 2d it sohuld've been a lot better since there's much less work to do
>>
File: nintendo_doomed.png (321 KB, 1024x785) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_doomed.png
321 KB, 1024x785
>>336207496
>/v/ claims Nintendo is dead
>They keep rehashing same titles over and over
>/v/ claims RTS are dead
>genre is in a creative coma with nothing fundamentally changing since C&C games
>/v/ claims MMOs are dead
>they're all WoW clones / formulaic korean grindans
>when /v/ claims that something is dead they only mean that it's creatively bankrupt
After all these years I can finally understand /v/'s ass-backwards language thanks to this post.
>>
>>336208530
Please get your facts straight before you start making yourself look like an idiot. Thats no where near what eso is. You CAN build what ever you want of course haveing a base class to make it easier to balance classes and add a one more roleplay element in.
>>336208646
i haven't uploaded anything yet. I've just started it recently desu getting pretty good at it but of course thats another timesink if i really wanna get good.
>>
File: 1433323794590.jpg (476 KB, 1289x1266) Image search: [Google]
1433323794590.jpg
476 KB, 1289x1266
>>336208760
>>when /v/ claims that something is dead they only mean that it's creatively bankrupt
>it took you years to realize this
>>
>>336208760
You must have really bad media reading skills. I suggest you go work on that, will help you a lot.
>>
>>336208668
>Also since it's 2d it sohuld've been a lot better since there's much less work to do
Untrue and you know it.
>>
>>336205913
Poor optimization
shit servers, lag when talking to quest NPCS.
Questlines that run out, forcing a HEAVY grind or a trip to the other side of the world (with no prompt)
Dead world with little motivation
Skills that either one-shot mobs or are completely-fucking-useless
Poor class balance, small ex: One base class can run 1.5x as fast as the others.
No charm/direction in the storyline
Gold spammers
Few breaks in the grind-wall to just chill in town
Very weak stat system allows little customization
No 2.5d although there are hidden client command/options alluding to it
>>
>Created by same devs as Ragnarok
>Grindy as fuck korean MMO
>Tree of Savior is not doubt any different
Into the >>>/trash/ it goes
>>
>>336209190
>Poor optimization
>shit servers, lag when talking to quest NPCS.
Do you live in 3rd world country or what? never experienced such and im not a richfag
>>
>>336208810
>Thats no where near what eso is

Don't even try that shit mate.

Classes in ESO decide what your core class abilities are. You can still use different armor and weapons with their own ability lines. So people are free to customize - but the trap is that some choices are just useless bullshit and you shouldn't even bother. That's what I meant by
>the worst aspects of a freeform class system
You CAN do anything, but you'd be a fucking idiot if you did it incorrectly.

Whereas SWG went completely freeform (while forcing one character per server, per account), and avoided that trap by making to so that you could play as a fucking moisture farmer or whatever - combat wasn't the only thing to do, so combat never had to be fine tuned.

Play more games, nigger.
>>
>>336209190
>Questlines that run out, forcing a HEAVY grind or a trip to the other side of the world (with no prompt)
Nothing wrong with that. Why would you want it to be endless? And a prompt? You can just do whatever you want.

>Dead world with little motivation
What?

>Skills that either one-shot mobs or are completely-fucking-useless
You're going to need examples.

>Poor class balance, small ex: One base class can run 1.5x as fast as the others.
That's a pretty bad example that doesn't include a multitude of factors.
>>
>>336209190
while i agree with most of the stuff you typed here, i enjoyed this games garbage story and lore.

>>336209327
have you even tried to guild vs guild? iIuse a i5 6600k, with a 960 and it gets 5fps the game isnt optimized at all.

the servers are also aws vm so they will always lag no matter what unless they switch to dedicated hardware.
>>
>>336209327
Maybe it's better now. Apparently you didn't play on launch week.
I almost guarantee the stutter/fps drops are still in the game.

>>336209370
>>Questlines that run out, forcing a HEAVY grind or a trip to the other side of the world (with no prompt)
>Nothing wrong with that. Why would you want it to be endless? And a prompt? You can just do whatever you want.
There's nothing in-game pointing you towards the other set of quests, so you have to Google it or be clueless.
>>
>>336209778
There's a thing called exploration. The new generation might not know about it.
>>
>>336209341
>Classes in ESO decide what your core class abilities are
You don't have to use any of those. You also have all the world skills. guild skills, ww/vamp skills. That makes enough variaton for me. The fun in eso is that you can build your character EXACTLY as you want it.
>You CAN do anything, but you'd be a fucking idiot if you did it incorrectly.
if you played the game you would be laughed at. If you don't paly the game you want to, YOU are the idiot
>swg swg swg
go fucking play your sw4g if it is so sw4g and

dont argument against my facts with opinions and/or read information. i've played the game enough to understand how the classes work.
>>
>>336209921
>exploration in a game thats so linear you literally will never see a map after you go through it once
what?
>>
>>336208760
>nintenbabby finally puts the pieces together

Yeah, well they don't mean that nintendo is doomed literally. They could push out LITERALLY the same game every couple of years and someone would buy it. They also have huge cash reserves.
>>
>>336209764
It doesn't matter how good your rig is, the optimization problems aren't that kind of optimization problems.

It's netcode issues. The game refuses to render when it doesn't receive certain packets, and the game is laggy as hell. Your game is running fine, just that you can't see it.
>>
>>336209921
>The new generation might not know about it.
yeah, with all those open world games and all
nobody would know what exploration is
born in le wrong generation
>>
>>336210253
How do you fix that?
>>
>>336205913
>having any hope for gookshit
The people who told you that are desperate retards
>>
>>336210304
The people who demand open world games are exactly the people who don't know what exploration is. That's why they keep asking for open world.
>>
The game has so many small problems that it's hard to sound like you're doing anything other than complaining about minuscule shit. The problem is that it's all that minor shit stacked on top of each other that makes it unbearable.

>The Controls are fucked
All three control schemes have at least a few things wrong with them. Controller can't use some abilities on certain classes properly because they never coded it right. Keyboard has the least issues, but makes the game odd to play as you have to use the mouse to interact with some things on the UI. The Mouse has a shitton of issues like not being able to click certain quest items or not being able to interact with certain objects.

>The large class system, while interesting is massively flawed
When you first see all the classes available it looks like you have an absolute trove of options, but unfortunately that just isn't the case. Some classes are so fucking good they're beyond broken and some are so trash that even a good player will make them look terrible. This is a massive problem particularly with the Ranger and Mage trees. Swordsman and Cleric trees tend to have a bit more freedom. Fuck, I even messed up, it's the Archer tree, but Ranger x3 is so fucking necessary to play it right that every other class in it's tree feels underpowered. At end game there are essentially like 6 viable classes to play out of the literally thousands of combinations and most of them have you going through the game without picking up skills just to be efficient later on.

>The game feels like it last minute tried to be a themepark
RO was successful because groups were mandatory, dying held consequence, and you spent a lot of time with others. A lot of what you did in the game was up to you, like where you went, what you killed, and what skills you picked. ToS on the other hand throws this out the window by giving you like 4 skills per class, guiding you through quests, and making everything barring dungeons soloable.

2000chars
>>
>>336209948
>The fun in eso is that you can build your character EXACTLY as you want it

The argument is not whether it's possible to do so, but that it's just badly designed shit.

You're arguing for the quality of the system in place, but as you've said
>I have never seen as creative and good class system as ESO
so obviously your experience is lacking.

I'm letting you know that it's possible to design a progression system that is far better by being more rewarding and immersive.

>dont argument against my facts

Your facts are simply "You can do ANYTHING." Well so fucking what?
>>
our generations Spore
>>
>>336210525
You say that like we're in a new generation
>>
>>336210310
You fix it by having the render thread not block on reading certain data.

Reasonable games still render the game if no data has been received, they just render as if nothing has changed.
>>
>>336205913
you do realize half the ratings on steam are just troll posts, they really should remove user ratings, or at least base it on the number of hours or number of games owned and played.
>>
>>336210702
The top rated comments are largely negative with 100-500 hours played.
>>
>>336210419
>The large class system, while interesting is massively flawed
How the fuck do you solve this problem?
>>
File: 1393028095666.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1393028095666.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>336210702
>half the ratings on steam are just troll posts

>I disagree with this guys opinion - better just say it's a troll post!
>>
>>336210457
>The argument is not whether it's possible to do so, but that it's just badly designed shit.
Thats just your opinion on it. I for one like the system
>I'm letting you know that it's possible to design a progression system that is far better by being more rewarding and immersive.
Give me then an existing example of this, in a mmo. Of course it is possible to create something like that, anything you imagine is possible.
Your facts are simply "You can do ANYTHING." Well so fucking what?
Thats what you started arguing against. I'm simply countering your arguments.
I have no means of hostility. I'm giving you my view points and facts about them. But you have pulled half of the stuff out of your arse, or so it seems.
>>
>>336206924
>>Had a friend asking me a month ago to play
>>Saw it was coming free, figured if my friend is still playing and wants me to join once it goes free then maybe its worth it
>>He stopped playing a week before free and doesn't care anymore
>Haha, money saved

I mean, he didn't have his friend to play with. I would have stopped too, and be annoyed with your ass.
>>
>>336210965
But MMORPGs are all about finding people to play with in-game.
>>
>>336210965
Id be more pissed that my friend would want me to pay money for hot garbage in that case.
>>
>>336209921
Eat shit. Exploring maps, backtracking, scouting new maps, etc. is viable exploration.

Buy a teleport scroll from the one NPC who sells it and dash through low-level maps to get to an area that's relevant (all with no prompt) is another.
I didn't even mention that you're literally fucked if you started in the other city, since you'll have to do all the low-level quests to get to relevant content (they're one long chain quest)

You probably already knew this because you're a ToS cumguzzling fuckboy, but the masses have no idea.
>>
>>336210829
My opinion? You don't. It was too ambitious to begin with. It sounds good on paper, but in execution everyone just built up to what they could do best within the tree. There's too many places to fuck up when making decisions so people were too frightened to experiment. Going Sword x2 Barb x2 instead of Sword x3 Barb x1 could cause you to do like half the damage you could have been doing and that's not something you can chug a potion and fix, you have to completely reroll. This isn't a problem in similar games like Diablo 2 or Ragnarok Online because there were fewer classes and mistakes weren't as massive. A few points here and there being misplaced on your Diablo 2 necromancer could make you less than perfect, but you could still get the job done. A bad class choice in Tree of Savior can literally ruin a character.

Because the game wants you to have all these classes and choices that means they have to make them have some form of viability or overlap with each other. This is impossible and it shows. Almost none of the classes have any overlap so it feels weird going from Pyromancer to Linker to Chronomancer. In RO this wasn't a problem because it was a vertical progression between classes. Assassins and Rogues were designed with Thief skills in mind so they could build off of it. It was entirely commonplace for a Monk or Crusader to use their first class skills with great effect because the classes had a more cohesive design.
>>
>>336208358
Did you play a swordsman? They are the only class that got no choice and even their best build is shit except for one skill used for mobbing in groups.

The Wizard and Cleric class got lots of viable builds, and Archer got a couple too.

I do agree the game got tons of balance problems, which they have been fixing in Korea, still they are not even the main problems of the game. Bots are everywhere and it's not f2p yet and the game is a laggy mess with lots of attacks that desynch the game
>>
>>336210963
>Thats just your opinion on it

This is so useless you might as well have not even responded.

>Give me then an existing example of this, in a mmo

I've mentioned SWG before. For an example of one that exists, Champions Online is a good example - even if the freeform creation was only open to subscribers, it's still worth a mention.

For an example of a good amount of customization while still adhering to a standard class system, City of Heroes/Villains was great. It also affected the types of enemies you fought, which was cool.

The ESO progression system is bad because it's not fun - to be honest, the game isn't challenging enough at any point to demand optimization of skill picks and mutations. So if you're just as effective at doing the same thing with a greatsword as that guy with a bow, why the fuck are you even trying? It's a shit design. There's no depth or skill ceiling.
>>
>>336211660
Your choices as Swordsman is Templar support/tank or Hoplite-Dragoon DPS which still pales in comparison to any decently built mage or archer. Fencer, Doppelsoeldner, and Shinobi builds are memes and get blown up by any decently built class.
>>
Try reading the negative reviews. It's a joke that steam doesn't have a standard on how you can submit reviews.
>>
>>336211346
You do all the quest anyway to get cards. Takes like 15 minutes more if you started in orsha.
>>
>>336211801
Not the anon you're currently arguing with, but don't bring up Champions Online skill system as being good. It's open ended, but it's nowhere near any good. In fact barring character creation and RP that entire game is trash.

In order for a skill system to be good it can't just be freeform. It's gotta have consequences and rewards for every choice. You have to feel unique AND powerful. If you just feel unique, but that guy next to you with the power armor, chain whips, fire breath, and forcefields is tanking, dpsing, and healing better than you you'll feel like shit. The problem with Champions is there's like 20 skills that all do the exact same thing, but look a little different.

My problem with Champions is that is has the weird problem of being too open ended.
>>
>>336210419
I know you are low rank but at 200+ it's no longer a solo game.

You have to party up to get real XP and there are multiple maps in which to party up for XP and when you die you lose silver which depending on the map is anywhere from not noticeable to a decent chunk.
>>
>>336206839
You're part of the reason SEAmonkey.

Honestly all third worlders should be banned from MMOs
>>
>>336211836
Swordsmen are shit right now, but they have been fixing them in Korea, so there is still hope for improvement. I don't think they will ever get as good as the build of kings anyways because they are bad just by being mostly melee in a game where everything dangerous is ranged.
>>
>>336212209
>You have to feel unique

I completely disagree.

When I play an MMO I don't want to be unique, I want to be one of hundreds of assholes running around. That's what makes the world feel lived in.
>>
>>336212268
I ran out of characters and on my second post ran out of steam. I know it changes at 200+, but don't you think that's a little late? There's no advantage to partying before that and it sucks.
>>
>>336212328
oh stfu you cumface nobody asked you i hope you get cucked by a nigger you giant cuck
>>
>>336212380
Hmm, I should have prefaced it with certain games. Not every skill system should make you feel unique of course, but if the choice is to give them massive amounts of options like in TESO, Archeage, or Champions then that indeed should be the case. If the game your designing is more like Everquest, WoW, or BDO then your goal should be to make each player feel like they're a well designed part of the world.
>>
>>336212384
It's not late at all. It takes 1 - 3 weeks to hit 200 depending on what sort of gamer you are.

Also you should know your class by then so you can be useful in parties.

But I will say while you can solo early content it's actually much better to play the game with a full party
>>
>/v/ said Metal Gear Rising will save Hack and Slash
>/v/ said Hyperdimension Neptunia will save JRPG's
>/v/ said Splatoon would save the Wii U
>/v/ said Tree of the Savoir will save MMO's
I sometimes feel bad for this board.
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>336212967

/v/ is always looking for a hero.
>>
>>336212967
Are you telling me all of those failed?
>>
>>336213251
Are you telling me all of those succeeded?
>>
>>336212967
>he didn't like MGR
>MGR wasn't a great success
>>
>>336213534
I did like it, but it didn't save shit.
>>
File: 1438521917048.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1438521917048.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
>>336205913
>supposed to go F2P on april 28th
>wait until the 28th to post a launch delay until may 10th

Killed any feeling of me wanting to play it. Good way to kill your game before it launches tho.
>>
only reason it's dead is because of third worlders

like most other mmos

only way to stop it is to stop them from playing
>>
>>336205913
How come MMO's aren't like league where the thing you could buy are just skins?

Xp and gold drop rate + is fine too
>>
>2016
>ivory tower design where you can build a useless character and have to reroll when you realize it, throwing away hundreds of hours.
>>
>>336208331
It's not shit cause it's RO 2.0. It's shit cause it's fucking broken, plagued by awful decisions and they aren't paying attention to balance.

>Over half the classes are complete shit when the games main selling point is it's class building
>PVP is even more imbalanced
>even if it was the game can't sustain an FPS higher than 2 during GVGs or world bosses
>maintenance often breaks the game completely for days at a time
>these bugs can lose you your daily dungeon runs, limited dungeon runs being a huge negative by itself already
>trading and market restrictions
>botting, which they are dealing with unlike most of this list
>servers that can't withstand the current paid early access playerbase not to mention the hordes of BR that will soon be unleashed
>>
>Gook grinding MMO #45345

Nice art style though.
>>
>>336205913
the majority of those bad reviews are retards who thought the game was f2p when it clearly said it was early access
>>
>>336218076
Right? Like one or two of those things would be manageable and acceptable, but when you pile them on top of each other it's just unplayable. Particularly the fucking frame rate when there's a lot of people on screen. I can do a full 40 man raid in WoW with everyone casting fancy spells out in an open world against a boss using fancy spells and still manage 60+ fps, but god forbid 20 people stand still on a screen in the middle of Klaipeda. How is it possible for the game to run like such shit and look like it does?
>>
>>336218719
Yeah, I really want to love it too. Been waiting since ICBT and just not really seen the progress I was hoping for.
>>
>>336218987
I'm with you. I've had high hopes for it since it was called Project R1. Just like I had high hopes for Ragnarok Online 2 when it was announced. I'm starting to think I'm never gonna get a good sequel to RO unless I do it myself.
>>
>Can't trade without penalty
>Can't set up player shops early on
>Can't give money to other characters
>Can only sell 5 items a day / 10 with premium
The devs are so afraid of gold sellers they are paralyzing their playerbase.
>>
>>336213385
Some of them is succeeded tho, you're the one who thought all of them is failed products
>>
>>336205913
haven't even gotten to play it yet, games still cucks only right now

>1 month exclusive access
literally who the fuck could have ever possibly thought this was a good idea
>>
>>336213385
>>336221284
Means for
>>336212967
>>
>>336221361
It's being managed by a group of retards. I'm not surprised by any of the dumb shit they do and they do a lot of it.
>>
>>336205913
Kikery happening.
>>
>>336207957
>Wildstar and Eso are 2 very good examples both good in their own ways
Those are both atrocious MMOs. FF XIV is decent enough if you really need your fix.
>>
>>336208389
Can you blame them?
>>
Anything /v/ hypes is just a flavor of the month title.
>>
>>336222436
Not really.
>see that game is FREE
>download game
>try to play it
>it's not free
How does that even work. Funny how they even discounted all the founder access items by 50% before the supposed launch. Then they moved the launch and items are back to normal price too.
>>
>>336206632
>This stupid meme /v/ has that mmo genre is bad or dying is just stupid.
Could not give less a fuck about dying but MMOs are inherently grindy linear trash.
>>
>>336207957
>MMOs AREN'T DYING
>THESE ARE TWO MMOS I SAY ARE GOOD
>aren't actually good
>are also actually fucking dead
>>
I heard this game is unoptimized as fuck. I just want a fun mmo to sink my life into.
>>
File: db11_alchemist.jpg (274 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
db11_alchemist.jpg
274 KB, 530x530
the game has its issues, and i wouldn't be exaggerating if i said a good portion of its playerbase is riding on nostalgia factor. that said, though, the game can be redeemed if IMC stopped trying to go jewmode and actually spent resources and time into developing/balancing/fixing it.

that said,
>taking anything /v/ says seriously
you really only have yourself to blame
>>
Classic MMOs are dead, it's all about F2P arena shooters with a theme now.

World of Tanks set the precedent, now everyone's jumping on it.
>>
Post decent chink mmos that people still play
>>
>>336225964
Fucking none, they're either all singleplayer RPG's with tacked on multiplayer or flat out shit.

I pray every day for a time machine so I could stab the person who decided to casualize mabinogi further in the throat, yet I know it will never happen.
>>
File: 1304388812741.jpg (47 KB, 672x479) Image search: [Google]
1304388812741.jpg
47 KB, 672x479
>>336205913

I TOLD YOU BACK THEN AND I'LL TELL YOU NOW FAGGOT.

READY....?

NEXON
>>
>>336226098
Post decent chink singleplayer RPGs with tacked on multiplayer
>>
>>336226176
surprisingly, game launch would have been better if it was with Nexon since they wouldn't do all this stupid shit against botsellers and I certainly can't see them doing the early release bullshit either (they'd just do the standard starter packs that no one would be mad about) right after announcing open beta is coming soon.
>>
>>336226242
there are none
>>
>>336205913

i enjoy it

beats playing vanilla wow on private servers
>>
>>336229608
I haven't taken a look at the gameplay vids yet, feel like describing what the combat is like real quick?
>>
>>336229650
You literally mash the z button occasionally tapping the skill keys
>>
>>336231832
So the same braindead mash attack, mash heal or move kind of thing?
>>
>>336207101
>Wildstar
Game is reduced to 1 server on EU and 1 server on US
90% of the staff working on wildstar got fired 2 months ago and the abandoned the chinese realse of the game.

Wildstar is a good candidate for be shut down m8 ,look at the forums people are literallyscared of it being shut down.
>>
>>336232082
Like every MMO barring maybe EVE and possibly WoW dungeons really
>>
File: ToS.gif (742 KB, 595x462) Image search: [Google]
ToS.gif
742 KB, 595x462
>>
>>336205913
it's NOT Ragnarok Online
>>
>>336207101
But I hate wow you dumb cunt. I don't care if it dies.
>>
File: welp.png (299 KB, 464x644) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
299 KB, 464x644
DOA
>>
>>336221284
>Some of them is succeeded tho,
Which ones?

Hack and Slash were never dead, and didn't need to be saved
No one seriously thought Compile Heart's kusoge would save anything
Wii U is dead. Nintendo plans to only ship 800,000 units this entire fiscal year
Tree of Shit is already forgotten by people
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.