[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOU MAY ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ONLY GO BALLS TO THE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
YOU MAY ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ONLY GO BALLS TO THE WALL IN EVERY GAME YOU PLAY.

MAGICFAGS GET OUT. RANGERS LEAVE. ONLY STRENGTH IS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Finish2.png (302 KB, 771x671) Image search: [Google]
Finish2.png
302 KB, 771x671
Anyone else participating in the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta this Summer?
>>
>>336199285
>implying entire White Mage team isn't the GOAT Balls to the Walls team
kys retard
>>
>>336199464
The what
>>
File: 1332405750271.png (74 KB, 353x358) Image search: [Google]
1332405750271.png
74 KB, 353x358
>>336199285
>not all the same level
>>
>>336199285
>can't use temper
Good luck fighting the last half of the secret bosses
>>
>>336199285
I'm so sorry about your brain damage.
>>
4 dudes? that's gay
>>
>>336199596
This bugs me to the point that I almost always reload if I kill a boss with a downed party member.
>>
>>336199464
You call that balls to the wall faggot?
>Everyone Berzerker
>No commands allowed
>Auto attacks only
>Final destination
>>
File: you used to whatever me.jpg (89 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
you used to whatever me.jpg
89 KB, 1000x668
>it's a final fantasy is still relevant thread
>>
>>336199921

Berzerker mode is too much for me man...

My run last year, I had Monk, Magic Knight, Bard and Dragoon, so it was pretty easy mode, except Dragoon and Monk suck ass.
>>
>>336199285
>Balls to the wall
>The casual PSP remake
>>
>>336199285
>BALLS TO THE WALL
>MAGICFAGS GET OUT.
>party of 4 Fighters
Why do I get the feeling that you've never played the game, and just grabbed a random screenshot or this is your first time playing?

Four Fighters is probably the easiest same-class run you could do. Come back when you've beaten the game with four Monks or four Black Mages.
>>
>>336199285
>BALLS TO THE WALL
>Not BALS TO THE WALL
Get out of my face
>>
Don't know if this counts as balls to the wall but
>4 freelancers
>Dual wield
>spellblade flare
>rapid fire
>??????
>profit

>>336199464
I might it seemed pretty awesome last year.
>>
>>336199596
>That one party member who is slightly behind on xp from dying

Seriously that drove me absolutely bonkers basically what >>336199776 said
>>
I've been playing Final Fantasy Explorers and I've been Monk the entire time. How do I get more balls-to-the-wall?
>>
>>336199464
I might but the graphics on the Steam version look like shit compared to the original
>>
>>336201025
Then just play the original.
>>
>>336199285
I actually played this game with 4 ninjas. Took a while, but it wasn't too bad.
>>
>>336200834
>not just continuing playing
>not just allowing level buffs to happen randomly
>not having the four characters, each starting identical, to develop their own sorts of personality as they level up differently throughout the game
>>
>>336201025
The overworld sprites are meh but you get used to it and the interface is kind of ugly but the battle sprites especially enemy sprites are fantastic. The music and sound quality is also excellent.

Also the gameplay is still some of the best in the series which is what should really matter right?
>>
>>336201232
I have already played the game 5 times but wanted to give the Steam version a try so I'll go buy it.
>>
>>336199464
I might just because I didn't participate in the last one.

Is it a good way to experience these games for the first time?
>>
>>
>>336201650

Yeah, if it's the kind of thing you are looking for. Usually, most people who play FFV just use all of the best classes and combine all of their abilities, but the fiesta requires you to really think about the potentially weird synergies between possibly less used classes.
>>
>>336200231
PSP just removed the retarded bugs in the other versions. But man the encounter rate is still fucking abysmal for what is basically fodder that can be rid in one turn.
>>
Hey guys,

I never played FFV. Is it fun? And what's the best version of it?
>>
>>336202501
Best FF game ever made and the GBA port is the best version of teh game.
>>
>>336202501

Best Final Fantasy game. Even better than VI.

Go for the GBA version if you can find it.
>>
>>336199285
Good team OP, just got the names of two fighters wrong.

>Gonna
>Build

Now you're ready to make the world great again.
>>
>>336202091

But it also replaced the spell level system with a standard MP system.
>>
>>336202501
I agree with these 2. Its my favorite FF. I don't agree with the GBA version though. Those new jobs are unbalanced shit.
>>
>>336202894
>>336202879
Ok,

I heard this game has a job system, and I was wondering what the best jobs are.

I've only played I, II, III, and IV.
FFI was all right, pretty fun but didn't have any story
FFII had a god awful combat system, but I liked the emperor.
Hated FFIII but finished it regardless.
IV was pretty solid.
>>
>>336199285
>thinking quadruple warrior is impressive

Beat ff1 with 4 black mages or white mages and then call me back.

you won't.
>>
File: Ani Shoop.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
Ani Shoop.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>336202091
The GBA version, FF 1+2 Dawn of souls, is the best version.
>Superior Art.
>All the bug fixes and modernization.
>the amazing bonus dungeons with memorable bosses and great equipment inside.
I replay it every once in a while.
>>
File: liste-jobs.jpg (178 KB, 988x480) Image search: [Google]
liste-jobs.jpg
178 KB, 988x480
>>336203251
>Ninja/Archer is the best combo. 4x attack and Dual weild OP.
>Make sure all your mages master Red Mage at some point for the super useful 2x spell.
Near the end of the game it gets super easy to master jobs. so you'll probably master them all for all your characters.

One of the things about this game is once you fully master a class you get that classes passive abilities automatically enabled on the initial class and mimic if i remember correctly. With the exception of berserk.
>>
>>336204314
While blue mage is a pain to get spells for. It is the funnest class in the game.
>>
Is final fantasy 2 worth the play? I've got a day to kill before the game I'm waiting for releases and always wanted to give it a shot. Any reccomended party set up or anything?
>>
>>336204605
>Is final fantasy 2 worth the play?
It's widely considered the worst non-XIII game in the series.

If you are going to play through it, just look up a guide to the shitty password system. It's completely fucking pointless, and just slows down what would otherwise be done for you in any good RPG.
>>
>>336204605
No. The worst FF game by far. I played through it just to say i did and i hated it. Complete waste of time. The leveling system is trash.
>>
>>336204781
Ah alright I'll give it a pass and just do another FF5 playthrough then. Ninja only this time.
>>
>>336203369
Not OP but I did the original (not casual PSP remake) with 4 WHM. Shit gets easy when you start abusing RUSE / INVS / INV2.
>>
>>336204824
FFIII for the DS was horseshit t b h. I hated it even more than II.
>>
File: bals.png (11 KB, 570x500) Image search: [Google]
bals.png
11 KB, 570x500
>>336199285
>remake
What's the matter, don't you have the BALS to truly go to the wall?
>>
>>336203251
Most of the jobs are good or have some sort of use, try different combinations and see what you like.
>>
>>336201652
This is literally the laziest "remake" in history. In fact, it's a lazy port of a lazy remake.

This article and the linked one about the V "remake" are really informative and go to show just how little the developers cared:
http://www.fortressofdoors.com/doing-an-hd-remake-the-right-way-ffvi-edition/

Any amateur developer could have done a better job than this. It's fucking garbage. Why couldn't they just use the same devs of FFIV PSP?
>>
>>336205040
I actually liked FF3. But I can see why people didn't like it and although I got to the final castle, I never beat it.
>The class skill leveling up thing was retarded.
>The dungeon you have to be mini to complete was bullshit.
>And that boss Hyne and his wallchange was bullshit.
The classes were interesting though. That was my favorite part.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.