[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Call of Duty: Ghosts had a great campaign.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: call-of-duty-dog-680x380.jpg (52 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
call-of-duty-dog-680x380.jpg
52 KB, 680x380
Which just goes to show that if the multiplayer isn't good, the butthurt fanboys will shit all over a perfectly good game. CoD's fanbase is shit.
>>
>>336198583
>Playing any Call of Duty after black ops.
Get real nigga.
>>
>>336198583
The campaign was so unorganized, not really that good. Also, CoD games these days are visited for the fun arcade Multiplayer experience, because they're timeless and they don't simply end like a singleplayer campaign does.
>>
>>336199041
>Ghosts
>Penned by Academy/Golden Globe/Emmy winner Stephen Gaghan.
>Black Ops/Black Ops II.
>Penned by David "Batman v Superman" Goyer.

Goyer did a fantastic job writing Black Ops. I'll defend Ghosts until I can't draw breath, though.
>>
File: FPS_GENRE.png (8 KB, 236x273) Image search: [Google]
FPS_GENRE.png
8 KB, 236x273
>>336199253
>The campaign was so unorganized, not really that good.
It was no more disorganised than Metal Gear Solid V. The game is a series of missions in a larger war. The missions are connected by the fact Rorke is behind the scenes, one step ahead. His LUST FOR REVENGE ties him, and he wants to use the CHAINS OF RETALIATION to bind you to him.
>Also, CoD games these days are visited for the fun arcade Multiplayer experience, because they're timeless and they don't simply end like a singleplayer campaign does.
You could make the same argument about every single FPS game ever. You could argue that Half Life 2 didn't actually matter because more people played Counter Strike: Source.
>>
>Bad guys are literally who's
>They do t even have a motivation other than "lol death 2 America!"
>Big bad is just a brainwashed dude the real leader isn't even in the game
>The super special ghosts squad are just people who get captured really easily
>Good campaign
The MP was actually okay since it had infection.
>>
>>336199572
what is this image supposed to mean
>>
You have to give it to them it was noble to try to do away with markers and make the player find things naturally. Too bad they went back to markers for BLOPS 3.
>>
>>336198583
It was trash with one highlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R_rzICCNbM
>>
>>336199572
>It was no more disorganised than Metal Gear Solid
You say that like MGSV's story is praised around here.
>The game is a series of missions in a larger war
That's a problem, I want to be in the larger war and its not like Ghosts are covert they take on armies just like every other COD
>>
There is a reason the devs forgot about Ghost's cliff hanger and went on to infinite warfare.
>>
File: RorkeIsLove.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
RorkeIsLove.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>336200091
>>Bad guys are literally who's
Federation of nations.
>>They do t even have a motivation other than "lol death 2 America!"
Their motivation is explained in mission 2. The middle east got fucked up, and the oil stopped flowing, causing a global energy crisis. (The opening cutscene depicts the proto-Ghosts fighting to defend a hospital in Israel.)
>>Big bad is just a brainwashed dude the real leader isn't even in the game
The game is about the relationship between Logan and the Ghost Killer. The war is just a backdrop. He spends the entire game flip-flopping between murdering Ghosts and trying to recruit you. Even killing your father was calculated toward that end, I think.
>>336200196
Completion rates. So 42.4% of players on PC finished Metro: Last Light, while 40% finished Advanced Warfare and Ghosts. For a serious where supposedly "nobody cares about the campaigns" they have campaign completion rates on par with singleplayer-only FPS games.
>>
>>336200308
>You have to give it to them it was noble to try to do away with markers and make the player find things naturally.
The game very clearly tries to avoid markers, but I wish the devs had just a bit more ambitious and done away with them altogether. You might have three objective markers in a mission, compared to 10/20/30 from the other CoD games. I really did appreciate that they tried to reduce them as much as possible, but there's this sense that at the end of the day, CoD's audience really can't handle getting lost. So anytime there was a decent chance of players not being able to figure out what to do, they slipped an objective marker in there.
>Too bad they went back to markers for BLOPS 3.
BOIII has autistic numbers of objective markers on some missions. Walking down some stairs, crossing a room, and opening a door might have 4-5 objective markers. There might even be separate objective markers for walking up to the door and pressing the button.

You know how in Ghosts your team mate chalks a mark on the door to show you where to drill? BOIII is the sort of game that would display a massive onscreen icon with a drill symbol just in case you got confused.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 297x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 297x321
>>336200837
To be fair, if this is all PC numbers, CoD isn't a hard hitter on pc than on consoles, compared to metro, and Wolf.

But I do understand what you're getting at.
>>
>>336200773
>There is a reason the devs forgot about Ghost's cliff hanger and went on to infinite warfare.
To be honest, I don't think Ghosts is a very sequel friendly game. To be honest, maybe it's for the best. The ending can be seen as a bleak "fuck you" to the players, and that's just fine and dandy by me.
>>The super special ghosts squad are just people who get captured really easily
The Ghosts aren't that great. They're really good soldiers, but Rorke was the one who won them their victories. Without Rorke, they're a shell. With Rorke working against them, they're completely fucked.
>>
>>336201276
>To be fair, if this is all PC numbers, CoD isn't a hard hitter on pc than on consoles, compared to metro, and Wolf.
CoD used to, and in cases still does, sell really decent numbers on PC. Black Ops II sold 2.7M on PC. Ghosts sold 1.3M. AW sold 970K. Wolfenstein: TNO sold 1.1M copies on PC.
>>
>>336199572
When talking about multiplayer, it can be argued that the main part is mostly multiplayer.

There is quarterly DLC for it, and as for the other games, they are mostly a single player experience, as bioshock and Metro definitely do not have a multiplayer option, although I am unsure about wolfenstein.

People are buying those games for the single player only, unlike people who buy call of duty, where there is now an option to only purchase the multiplayer portion of the game.
>>
>>336201689
>When talking about multiplayer, it can be argued that the main part is mostly multiplayer.
Most of the development budget and resources go into the campaigns.
>There is quarterly DLC for it
Which have long been heavily outsourced cash grabs. The main development teams for CoD games are busy working on the campaign for the next game, due in 3 years.
>People are buying those games for the single player only, unlike people who buy call of duty, where there is now an option to only purchase the multiplayer portion of the game.
It's really difficult to establish why people buy Call of Duty games. A high percentage play the campaigns. A remarkable percentage finish the campaigns, basically with similar numbers to leading singleplayer-only FPS titles.

The internet is a useless litmus test, because look at the historical revisionist bullshit like "People bought GoldenEye for the MP. Nobody cared about the singleplayer."
>>
Hey guys, remember when Treyarch refused to compromise Black Ops II's campaign by making it co-op?

How far they have fallen.
>>
Rorke shouldn't have fucking survived let alone beat the shit out off and drag off MC.
>>
>>336203280
Rorke is a demon, though. He could walk through hell and not get burned. He's like a character from my Japanese animes, and that's a good thing.
>>
>>336203280
He's a big guy. >>336200837
>>
On Xbox One, 60% of players tracked completed the CoD: Ghosts campaign. http://www.trueachievements.com/Call-of-Duty-Ghosts/achievements.htm

A whopping 92% completed the first mission.

The simple fact of the matter is those "I NEVER TOUCH THE CAMPAIGN" die-hards are a tiny minority. A tiny, loud, vocal minority.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.