[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVE Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: h7lNte1.png (30 KB, 1920x720) Image search: [Google]
h7lNte1.png
30 KB, 1920x720
Curious to hear /v/'s impression of EVE Online, hopefully something more thoughtful than "spreadsheet simulator lololol", but I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
File: eve.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eve.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 1461122245155.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461122245155.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>
I've played off and on for five or six years, usually resubbing when a good trailer comes up.

The gameplay of EvE is very, very boring. But the universe they've created and the things that game model let's you do are amazing. I'd play it a hell of a lot more if the actual ship flying was more engaging.

I'm an interceptor pilot, scout and tackle. Im not ignorant to the intricacies of Eve combat, I just dont find as stimulating as playing any other space sim with a good economic model
>>
>>336191980
It doesn't do a good job of mixing grand strategy with tight combat.
Honestly, it would be really fun if in EVE, you could launch fighters which would be actual players that wait in a lobby that then just dogfight all the other fighters as well as attempt precision strikes on larger vessels.
I would totally be into that if it was a free or single-purchase side-game to EVE where you do nothing except get into random skirmishes as a teeny tiny fighter.
>>
>>336193000
Were you mostly in a corp or solo?
>>
>>336193089
I think that's what Valkyrie is eventually going to be.
>>
>>336193089
Large scale strategy is usually in the hands of corporation and alliance leadership. How could it be otherwise?
>>
File: stealbodies-860x280.png (244 KB, 860x280) Image search: [Google]
stealbodies-860x280.png
244 KB, 860x280
>>336191980
People either love or hate it, it's a matter of patience I think.
>>
>>336193458
You just have it so that players who don't care as much for grand strategy are allowed to join battles out of nowhere.
I'm working on an airship game where players can only spawn on player-built airships, so you get airships that grow over time as its player crew work on it and they'll build smaller airships onboard, and when players hop on those smaller airships they can either stay to form a fleet or just run off never to be seen again.
>>
>>336193849
Reminds me of EVE corporations. That sounds like fun though.
>>
>>336193089

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SI1CB4rcf8
>>
>>336194000
With all my asking about the concept, only my boyfriend and one of my aspie friends have actually had qualms about the idea (My boyfriend doesn't like how the game makes money and my aspie friend instantly noticed the potential for griefing), so I'm hoping that it's a success!
I'm planning on copying the same thing that made the .io games so successful and having it so that the player can hear about the game and be playing it within the same minute, I for one hate having to make accounts for every website I go to.

>>336194174
Neat, but is the battleground defined by actual player wars, and will this be a one-off purchase or packaged with an EVE subscription?
>>
>>336194582
It's a stand-alone game right now, I think it's on PS4 VR and on PC with the Ocuclus Rift. I think the idea is that it will eventually be integrated into EVE more directly than Dust514, the mechanics of carriers recently changed pretty drastically so that they are almost purely offensive, and their only offensive weapon is fighters, not drones.
>>
>>336194582
What's the incentive for a player to work on the airship their based on, and not their own ship? How do you make money? What's the point of the game?
>>
>>336195526
Incentive to work?
Dunno, whatever makes people build things in Space Engineers.

Money?
The equivalent to money would probably be various metals that you can build with, including totally made up ones that are only created when someone spends real money on the game although can also be harvested if enough ships containing it start crashing.

Point?
To be space-pirates.
Or be the captain of the biggest ship.
It'd be funner giving a point if it was 3D instead of 2D, since that allows elements of exploration I can't do in 2D with the setting I have in mind.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.