[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the new Hitman game as good as pic related? This could also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13
File: bm.jpg (280 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
280 KB, 1366x768
Is the new Hitman game as good as pic related?

This could also be a Hitman thread if you nice people are up for it.
>>
If every other level is good as Sapienza it'll easily be better
>>
>>336185819
guess we'll know in three years when all the chapters come out you fucking stooge
>>
>>336185958
Do you mean five months?
>>
File: dog bro.jpg (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
dog bro.jpg
114 KB, 600x600
>>336186456
I was pretty clearly talking about dog years you fucking retarded human-privileged stooge
>>
Should I buy on ps4 or PC?
>>
Paris was as good
Sapienza is an improvement on the formula.
>>
>>336186962
personal opinion incoming: if you have anything below a 770/960 in terms of power I'd opt for PS4.

I've got a 770 and while the game runs and looks great for me, it defaults to low settings and I more or less have to keep it that way to maintain 50~60 fps (and even then still dipping to 30~40 in demanding areas). In previous threads people running it on a 760 have mentioned issues.
>>
>you have to go into Options to Quit-to-Desktop

It's fucking 2016, IOI
>>
>>336186962
PC if you have the power. As >>336187329 said, performance is a problem on mid to low end rigs. I don't believe this is a optimization problem as so much as the game is absolutely gorgeous and packed with dozens (if not a hundred) NPCs at a time. On my PC (i7 3770k OC to 4.2, 980 SC, 32 GB RAM, SSD), I get 60 pretty much consistently on high settings but there are definitely dips here and there to the low 40s.

The KB&M controls are fine, but I am playing with a XBONE controller.
>>
>>336187606
>The KB&M controls are fine, but I am playing with a XBONE controller

same, although I find myself switching to KB+M to make sniper shots. Genuinely starting to consider getting a steam controller
>>
Will Francesca and Roberto meet if 47 doesn't make the call?
>>
I might just boot up the 360 as soon as I get home from work
>>
>>336187606

It's kinda funny how many people keep going on about how "poorly optimized" it is but really don't appreciate how much shit is going on under the hood.

People are so fucking use to 80% of a games resources being dedicated to visuals that when a dev actually starts to focus on mechanics and ridiculously complex systems everyone flips their shit.

Episodic release/always online is still undeniably shit, but the game itself is fucking amazing.
>>
>>336188007
The game itself is very good. However, the performance issues are a huge problem and pretty much inexcusable. If they couldn't make the complex AI routines play nice with the graphics, they should've toned down the graphics.
>>
>>336188007
it's completely ridiculous, maybe they expect scripted and dynamic AI routines to be processed on the cloud or something.

same shit happens when people talk about RTS's which is even stupider IMO
>>
>>336187789

Yeah i'm finding I play 90% of the time with a controller, drop it in my lap and grab the mouse for shooting, then switch back. The control scheme for KB+M is just complete and utter shit, but aiming accurately with a controller is fucking impossible. I really hope they re-work the overall interaction/control system for the game to something more in line with Hitman 2 or Splinter Cell Chaos Theory with scrolling interaction menus, it's quick and concise and doesn't require half a dozen different buttons for basic tasks.
>>
>>336188007
Shut the fuck up you retarded nigger

The game RUNS LIKE SHIT
It's unoptimized and it's broken

It uses the same engine as absolution, and guess what, I literally never had a drop under 60 in that game even in those huge crowds

The devs just fucked up on their end, and you're also talking out of your ass
Dumbass
>>
>>336188549
>someone makes assumptions about how the engine works and why the game runs slow
>says it's reasonable
>this means they're full of shit

>>someone makes assumptions about how the engine works and why the game runs slow
>says it's unreasonable
>we're supposed to accept this as gospel

spoilers: you are talking out of your ass just as much as he is.
>>
File: bait failed.png (7 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bait failed.png
7 KB, 500x500
>>336188525
I actually wish that mark&execute was still an option. I actually like taking the mechanical part out of killing someone with the pistol. The penalty is already there (you killed a non-target) and I think the option appeals to people like me who find the entertaining part of the hitman games to be observing a system and devising a route through it in their minds, then being able to move through it like the lethal, finely tuned machine you are to execute the task at hand.

When failure comes from me misinterpreting a reaction, or misjudging a situation, or not adequately assessing my surroundings, it's practically a joy to see the chaos unfold as I the situation escalates and I crash and burn.

On the other hand, it's less engaging to me when failure comes from needing to make a shot that's definitely possible but was whiffed due to human error, and the same thing has to be repeated knowing full well what the result I'm looking for is. I've solved the puzzle (which for me is the fun part) now I just need to redo it until it's mechanically complete.

Sometimes it's not about failure at all, the end result just looks less cool when I'm made to get down into the mechanics of it. E.g. getting frisked. Sometimes—to create a scene that has that movie-spy feel—I go for the frisk while armed, KO the guard, execute his partner then finish the guy on the ground. It's easy to do, so clearly there's no element of "punishment" intended by the game's design, but the animation fluidity that came with the mark and execute system made that cool as fuck, whereas without it it's still every bit as easy to do just less visually impressive: no special animations etc.

In the end I'm completely aware that it's personal taste, and I totally know there's gratification to be had from mechanical repetition in search of perfection, that's just not what I personally need out of a hitman game and I'm a little sad that an option that used to accommodate me in that regard is gone.
>>
>>336188937
>W-well you can't prove I'm not right!
>>
>>336185958
They're releasing one a month
>>
>>336189101
The only reason I miss Mark&Execute is that I hate holding RMB to aim. I wouldn't even notice it was gone if we had Blood Money-style aiming.
>>
>>336188937
You're honestly insane
So he's right, because I can't prove that he's wrong?
Really?
Are you mental?
Kill yourself
>>
File: SilvioCaruso.png (270 KB, 488x391) Image search: [Google]
SilvioCaruso.png
270 KB, 488x391
L I T E R A L L Y
N O T H I N G
W R O N G
>>
>>336189101
MandE was very cool I loved messing around with it

I also miss TAKING A HUMAN SHIELD

WHY IS THAT NOT IN THE GAME?

WHY ARE DUAL PISTOLS NOT IN THE GAME?

WHY IS THE SNIPER CASE NOT IN THE GAME?

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
>>
>>336188549

You may as well use Call of Duty as your benchmark for performance.

Absolution had tiny levels, was linear as fuck and featured the most cut down and bare bones AI, the shallowest sandbox mechanics of any Hitman to date and had none of the interconnected systems that the new game has.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>336189632
the weirdest thing is that human shields were in the alpha
they asked about human shields in one of the post-release survey/feedback things. I'm curious about how willing they'll be to introduce (or re-introduce) mechanics like that based on feedback
>>
>>336189632
>WHY ARE DUAL PISTOLS NOT IN THE GAME?
>WHY IS THE SNIPER CASE NOT IN THE GAME?
Unlockables.
>>
>>336186962
>>336186962

I would almost always say PC but the PC version runs just as bad as the console version even on higher end rigs.

I've got a 4690k, 970, 8gb ram and this is what Nvidia specifies for me. If I let these settings roll I still run an average of 45-50 fps with major areas that drop me to 30fps.

It's a shame because the game is pretty fantastic.
>>
>>336189647
Stop talking like you're in their dev team or something you freak

You don't know ass faggot

Details aside, the game is an unoptimized piece of shit

Whatever the reason, it's entirely on the devs

Bigger and better looking games have ran better than this

No excuse
>>
File: Capture.png (20 KB, 1115x329) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20 KB, 1115x329
>>336190137

Forgot pic related.
>>
>>336189403
you just feel bad because you empathize with the autistic shut-in with mommy issues

>>336189994
unconfirmed. It'd be a welcome surprise but I'm not going to hold my breath at all.
>>
>>336189974
Why would they fucking remove them?

I also heard they removed the sniper case and some other features

Why do that?

Will they add things like this later?

I just got the game so I don't know if anything like that was ever added to it

>>336190137
I noticed that settings barely do anything for framerate
It's very odd
>>
Does giving Francesca the hair sample do anything besides making her go to the fireplace?

>>336190276
The briefcase was in the alpha and dual pistols are a signature of the series. There is absolutely no reason they won't be unlockables.
>>
>>336190665
so was human shielding and carrying shit past security guards using food crates etc, and I really don't see either of those as "unlockables"

is what you say more likely than something completely arbitrary? sure
but I'm not about to put any more stock in it than that.
>>
>>336190183

>You don't know ass faggot

Evidently, you know even less.

But by all means, keep throwing a tantrum and stamping your feet, those really do make for the most compelling arguments.
>>
>>336191014
You're conflating removed features with removed items. The briefcase goes with a specific sniper rifle; there is absolutely no reason it can't be an unlockable, and it's strong enough that it's not unreasonable to put it later than the first two levels. It's also entirely possible for them to add in removed features or items in response to feedback, and feedback is overwhelmingly in support of the briefcase and human shields.
>>
After playing both levels for a while I think it's definitely on the level of Blood Money and has the potential to be better. My few gripes with the game is that there are a lot of scripted events that require you to initiate them when having some of them activate would randomize things and make them more interesting. Some equipment like briefcases are missing. Performance is a bit of an issue still but that might improve.

Apart from that, the level design has impressed me a lot. Sapienza has a definite James Bond feel to it that feels great, it's also a bit of a better sandbox than Paris since there's a bigger separation between different areas (town, lab, church, mansion). Will try some escalation targets and see how it goes when all the targets aren't relatively close to each other.
>>
>>336191059
>You can't prove I'm wrong!
And that makes you right?
Kill yourself you absolute faggot
>>
>>336190382

>I noticed that settings barely do anything for framerate

I noticed this too, what's even weirder is before the 4gb patch that came AFTER Sapienzas release I was able to run the Sapienza level @60 most of the time. Then they released that patch and the framerate just tanked in general.
>>
>>336191296
And I could also win the jackpot
A lot of things "could" happen
>>
>>336190137
>>336190247

That's interesting, i'm running it on a an old i7-3770k, 780GTX, 16GB on much higher settings than that with pretty consistent (but absolutely not rock solid) performance.

I wonder if Hitman is taxing the CPU or GPU more.
>>
>>336191605
>I'm going to continue to assume something won't be added as an unlockable even though there's no reason it shouldn't be and we already know it's been implemented, and it's unrealistic for you to disagree with me.
Okay.
>>
>>336191451

Knowledge and experience makes me right, carrying on like a hysterical child makes you right, right?
>>
File: 1410659020439.png (116 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1410659020439.png
116 KB, 480x480
You can find another cannabis joint behind the ruins on the path right next to the escape boat.
>>
>>336191829
>Knowledge and experience makes me right
Yea right
Seek help

>>336191792
You don't get to say something WILL be added
You're not in charge of the game
Why even make such statements?
>>
File: projecting.jpg (140 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
140 KB, 600x489
>>336190276
Jesus anon I'm sorry things are that bad
>>
>>336191639

It probably is, there's probably over triple the amount of AI code running at any given time compared to other game recent games.
>>
>>336192032

The fuck are you on?
>>
>>336192095
Talking out of his ass: The post
>>
>>336187329
>>336187606
>>336190137

If the game runs on the Xbone's 7790 at 1080p and medium, there's no excuse for it to struggle on ANY graphics cards better than that. And yes, it does run at medium and 1080p on the Xbone.
>>
What level do I have to be for the new sniper rifle?

This shit is becoming a god damn chore.
>>
>>336192247

Anon, there's more interactable NPC's in this one level than entire games multiple times over. They all require scripts to be running all the time and dependent on how IO codes them they can create some serious load on the processor.
>>
>>336192032
It's obvious that it will be added, though, just like it was obvious we were going to get a poison vial to go with the sedative vial.
>>
>>336192454
>dependent on how IO codes them
Gee, it's almost like you're describing optimization.
>>
>>336192063
what's being projected, anon?
he's clearly done a lot of shit wrong
the only way to be willing to pretend like he hadn't is if you empathize with him or you're genuinely retarded.

I have no issue recognizing how fucked up he is, and what he's done wrong.
>>
>>336192614

No shit, that's what I've been talking about.

What the fuck are you even filling your vagina with sand about? You're an angry person, go outside and breathe some fresh air.
>>
>>336192828
I'm not who you were talking to, anon. I thought you were the guy saying that AI complexity excuses shit performance instead of simply explaining it. I wasn't paying attention to the conversation.
>>
File: sheeeit.jpg (15 KB, 320x290) Image search: [Google]
sheeeit.jpg
15 KB, 320x290
>>336191952
Sweet, man. Pass the bong, I'll put on big screen mode
>>
Why does Square use their shitty engine for everything? UE3 had methods for rendering crowds just fine.

I hope Mankind Divided isn't this much of a wreck.
>>
>>336192408
stop before it feels tiresome anon, there'll be plenty of time to revisit shit
no need to feel compelled to grind everything out with each release.

I got to 17 and I'm waiting until elusives before I push any further.
>>
>>336193328
Not him but I really want the sniper so I'm doing SOSA with no pacifications right now. I think it will give me enough, since I'm level 18.
>>
>>336193306

>Square

>Shitty engine for everything

What are you even talking about?

This is Hitman, developed by IO, they've been using their own engine, Glacier, since the very first Hitman.
>>
File: 1439510243794.png (221 KB, 378x374) Image search: [Google]
1439510243794.png
221 KB, 378x374
>>336193328

I'm level 17 as well. Honestly I hate the whole challenges thing just to unlock weapons.

Also, the game just doesn't have enough weapons, they keep giving us that compact SMG with variant models... and that's it.
>>
>>336193625
Eidos Montreal (another subsidiary of Square Enix) is using a modified version of the same engine for the next Deus Ex. God help us.
>>
>>336193861
my main issue with the weapons is I really don't like any of them

why would I ever want an SMG or shotgun in this game, what advantages does it afford me? Maybe if they took the splintercell style mark and execute where each weapon has various ranges at which you can execute targets, as well as different maximum number of M&E-able targets, it might make some kind of sense, but as it is I haven't come across a single situation where I would opt for any other weapon than a sniper or a silenced pistol.

also why the hell are they all that weird shade of third-party-controller blue (or in the case of that deagle, HIDEOUS FUCKING CAMO)

super confusing to me considering IO clearly knows how to make shit look stylish
>>
>>336192391
>implying the coding for consoles and PC are equal
Come on---we know that consoles get better mileage out of their hardware due to uniform construction and drivers. And the video chips in the consoles are only equivalent to 7790s--they are not off the shelf PC components. Different architecture.

I'm also fairly certain a PC with a mid range i5 and a 760 could run it at 30 fps Medium as well.
>>
>>336185514
Not as good as Blood Money, but it has the potential to be depending on how many of the problems they fix. None of the issues dragging it down are something that couldn't be fixed with an update.

>>336193861
>>336194635
>I don't see a reason to have 30 different SMGs when in game they all end up being very similar from gameplay perspective. The reason why Blood Money's customization worked is because you only needed one of each weapon type (pistol, shotgun, sniper...) and could adjust them to your needs. I'd rather see new weapons that work noticeably differently from what's already in. Perhaps a sawn-off shotgun or a pistol that is generally crap but isn't detected when frisked.
I agree about the challenge unlocks though. At the very least I don't feel it should be locked in a specific progression, they should let the player pick what to get.
>>
File: 20160501231308_1.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160501231308_1.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
>Get SOSA with no pacifications
>but no score bonuses for Never Spotted or No Recordings
I guess I have to do it again.
Much more fun than doing it on Paris, though, especially now I've got the whole route worked out.
>>
Did they fix the scripted events in the new HITMAN or is it still "get close to get the guy to drink poison"?
>>
>>336186962
Neither. The game fucking sucks.
>>
>>336197201
They apparently fixed some of them, but definitely not all of them. I haven't felt like actually running around and figuring out which ones are different, but for reference, I know the main targets in the Showstopper start moving along their normal route immediately instead of waiting for the player to be able to see their dramatic entrances. Not sure what else/if anything else has been changed, and I'm not sure if the "poison only affects a target when you're near them" thing has been fixed.
>>
GOTTA CHECK YA WHITE BREAD
>>
>>336197535
>the main targets in the Showstopper start moving along their normal route immediately instead of waiting for the player to be able to see their dramatic entrances.
Seriously? When was this? I honestly didn't expect the scripting in Showstopper to change.
>>
>>336185514
It's easily better and the episodic release is actually ideal for levels this size. I invite the fellas over and we have an old fashioned video game sleepover when they come out and see how many ways we can beat them rather than just moving to the next level.
>>
>>336197676
Either when Sapienza dropped, or within a day or two of that. If you go on the official forums, you can find some posts from people bitching about how it makes it hard to get to the auction on time for the "see the auction start" challenge unless you use a spawn that starts you near it and asking for it to be changed back.
>>
>>336197927
>asking for it to be changed back.
That is absolutely the wrong way to fix that problem.
The right way to fix it is change their starting positions so there's a longer delay before their entrances.

Alternatively, suck it up and use the auction start.
>>
There's only going to be 6 maps, right? Or is there going to be more?
>>
>>336198227
We know of 6 maps. There's also a mysterious seventh update that may or may not be an additional map.
We also might get a Season 2 next year depending on sales. Despite what shitposters say, IO claims to be satisfied with sales so far, so it's not impossible.
>>
The only things BM is beating it in ATM is soundtrack, story (none in the new one now, not that I care) and blood.
The game has currently really dropped the ball on blood, there's no trails, it isn't noticed, and it's not even red most of the time.
The rest of the game is superior to BM.
>>
>>336198505
Failing a frisk in BM usually just meant you got told to fuck off, right?
That's preferable to the current system where you immediately have to reload your save and guess again about which items are allowed.
>>
>>336198456
>season 2
Holy shit what
I thought the 6 maps would end in 47 killing the big bad in the trailers, I didn't know there was going to be a second season
>>
>>336198505
Don't forget BM didn't have AI stand around until the player got near them, and then started doing things just because the player got within earshot. Also you can still use custom weapons in Blood Money today, ten years after it was made, whereas I can't imagine the servers that you need to use unlockables in this one will still be up ten years from now. I could add on the lack of end-of-mission statistics/ratings (which I feel has a pretty major impact on how playing a mission feels) and being unable to throw guns, but those are pretty minor in comparison though.
>>
>>336198505
>scoring Hitman for the story
Huh?
>>
>>336198864
>tfw newspaper return never ever
>>
>>336198686
Each season will have its own storyline, and presumably a different antagonist.
They've also talked about each episode having a storyline concerning the targets, which is probably why they've all been much more fleshed out than the targets in any previous game.
>>
File: sdf.jpg (60 KB, 456x737) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
60 KB, 456x737
>>336185514
>Is the new Hitman game as good as pic related?
No. New HITMAN is better than BM.
>>
>>336199305
Oh wow

So basically every new Hitman season is like a new Hitman game in its own right but distributed in this one game?

Sauce or I'll assume you're shill memeing real hard
>>
>>336199685
http://gamingbolt.com/io-interactive-confirms-that-they-are-already-planning-for-hitman-season-2
>“Absolutely, I mean, what we know is, we have a Season One, where we have the locations and the storyline for Season One, and we are sort of slowly starting to figure out exactly what portion of the next overarching story we’ll take for Season Two. So obviously, yeah, there will be more seasons, and I think that’s the future- this universe we’ve created, with this version of 47…
>“We actually have quite a few ideas for where we want to take the story. And I think it will be quite exciting for people to see that whole universe of the game. So yeah, the future holds many seasons of Hitman!,” he said to GamingBolt.
>>
>>336198641
I don't really agree, it only takes one or two fails before you realize you can't take mines or knives and every frisk yet has been avoidable.

>>336198864
These are also very good points. The big issue with player detection is with the sound mine, it's completely fucked atm for me, it's literally useless. I also prefer BM's customization, but at this point I don't think they can fix it as the unlocks have been pre-customed guns. They could have done it where the unlocks were customizations but then it would be very complex and require resource management, i.e. maybe I should save my silencer til I get a better pistol. I'd like that, but this is a game in the current year marketplace after all.

>>336198686
They just do that lame thing were it's like:
>congratulations you beat the big boss
>little did you know he was working for this bigger boss
>cue obscure cutscene with dramatic music with bigger boss saying something sinister

>>336198880
I put that disclaimer there for that reason. I like the story as it is, quick cut scenes in between massive levels. Just hasn't caught my interest yet.

also BM had the newspaper articles
>>
>>336200283
>you can't take mines or knives
But you can't take wrenches or screwdrivers or scissors, either, and that's not sure not obvious.

>every frisk yet has been avoidable.
True, but in the case of the one under the shed to get into the lab it's a bit of a pain in the ass to go around, so the best way to get past is to set off an explosive in another room and let the guards run off.
>>
Fucking hell I was just doing the bomb escalation for the new level and the gate guard manged to pick up my live proximity mine. His last words were:
>who keeps leaving these weapons behind
Then he went soaring into the sky only to end up suspended on the gate.
>>
Is the AI still shit and not notice kills and panic well
>>
>>336200147
literally what site and who
>>
>>336200657
What? That's the easiest to get around. There's an entrance on the cliff next to the pool, one guard who doesn't frisk and fucks off most the time. The only time I've actually used it was once through there and the Paris auction.
>>
>Watch the IOI staff streaming their PR guy playing escalations
>He's terrible at it
>>
when will ioi focus on making freedom fighters 2 ;_;
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GnEFC-CnY
>>
>>336198505
there is a story. bearded british dude is apparently setting his own string of events up, and either using you as a pawn or simply having you fill in the oppurtunities he's created while he pursues his own goal. what that is, we don't know, though my immediate impulse upon seeing beard dude was 'this is the boss of the agency and he's mad 47 passed with handler lady's help so he's doing...something'
>>
>>336185514
>the hat hovers above his head

Come on! What the hell? This wasn't a fucking ps2 game, this shit shouldn't exist last gen.
>>
>>336203091
Why would he wait 20 years to do anything about it?
Why would his accent change?
That theory has always been dumb.
>>
File: 1461872913030.png (381 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
1461872913030.png
381 KB, 800x569
>>336201880
Never Ever.
>>
>>336203149
>This wasn't a fucking ps2 game
It was, though.
>>
File: 1461976795834.png (167 KB, 280x382) Image search: [Google]
1461976795834.png
167 KB, 280x382
>>336203314
Leave the underage alone
>>
>>336195786
And not having to multitask to the degree that PC's do.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.