[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get this or One Way Heroics Plus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: cotn.jpg (50 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
cotn.jpg
50 KB, 460x215
Should I get this or One Way Heroics Plus?
>>
I haven't played the other game, but Crypt of the Necrodancer is great.
>>
Had more fun with Crypt of the Necrodancer. Great music, great mechanics, lots of fun.
>>
>>336185118
Don't know anything about the other game but crypt is good fun.
>>
NecroDancer is more fun
Get it

If you get OWH you MUST buy the expansion
>>
>>336185118
Get Spelunky or Enter the Gungeon if you already have spelunky
>>
>>336187684
Going to take a wild guess and say OP is looking to buy something that's currently on sale. Both those games are good too though.
>>
>>336185118
Haven't played Necrodancer, but OWH+.
>>
>>336187684
Vagante is just a better Spelunky. Gungeon is a lame roguelite that is about guns and yet is so unfun because you can't use them for too long on those spongebob enemies.
>>
>>336187684
holy jesus, I wouldn't Spelunky on anyway.
The original free version is so much better.

Necrodancer is good but I've put more time into OWH+
If you have a dance mat, get Necrodancer
>>
>>336188168
Yeah, you've clearly never played Gungeon. Or you did and you're shit.
>>
>>336188168
I've never heard of Vagante.
>>
>>336188359
Probably because it's an early access indie game.
>>
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
>>336188329
I did it. It's so lame that there is ammunition. I understand the devs wanted that the players switched weapons during the run but it doesn't work when 80% of the weapons arent good. The player ends saving the good weapons for bosses which takes a century to kill anyways.

Its not a bad game, but there are better choices. Binding of Isaac did it better.

>>336188359
Unfortunately the dev team doesn't know marketing, but they know how to make a great roguelite. It's like Spelunky with more RPG elements, and mobs that kick ass.
>>
File: 1461175358101.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
1461175358101.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>336185118
don't know about one way heroic but this game is cool
>>
>>336185118
Both are good and OWH+ isn't even three dollars so get both.
>>
Decided to get OWH+ and wait on Crypt a little while longer since I'm probably shittier at rhythm than walking right, thanks /v/. Any other roguelite suggestions are welcome, I've been getting into this style of games since I bought Nuclear Throne and found the permadeath to make me feel less like I'm sinking hours into the perfect playthrough that may or may not go right and more like I enjoy a new fresh start every once in a while and deal with whatever cards I've been dealt.

>>336187684
Own both of those, thanks anyways.

>>336188168
This one looks really good, thanks.

Other roguelites/permadeath games I own:
>NeuroVoider
>BoI: Rebirth
>NEO Scavenger
>FTL
>Rogue Legacy
>Super House of Dead Ninjas
>>
>>336190004
Is Super House any good? You should get Necro too while it's on sale based on your list.
>>
>>336190004
Wishlist Vagante
>>
>>336190004
Not necessary Roguelites but both Starbound and Terraria has procedural levels and can have permadeath.
>>
>>336185118
I just got both. For $5 basically why not. Pretty excited tbqh. Haven't felt that way in a while for a new game.
>>
>>336195109
Necrodancers pretty great. Its a fun game on its own but racing your friends on the daily dungeon and comparing the scores list is really fun and a good source of dietary shitposting
>>
>>336185118
They're both pretty fun games, but OWH is on sale for next to nothing right now.
>>
>>336195109
Fair warning, Necrodancer like Gungeon has the "cute' look going on. They're both fucking hard.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.