[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGS:V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17
File: tmp_12830-maxresdefault-5723061.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12830-maxresdefault-5723061.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
Who the FUCK thought that was a good ending?

Jesus christ it wasn't bad enough you fluffed the second half of the game with the same missions, but you have to go and shit in everyone's mouth like this kojima?
>>
Wasnt the game incomplete? I thought konami forced the release
>>
Nobody thought it was a good ending. The game wasn't finished. This is old fucking news.

Lurk more.
>>
>>336166194
there was supposedly a chapter 3, but canceled it and im dissapointed too for the ending
>>
>>336165029
Remember when /v/ were so butt blasted by the ending people SERIOUSLY began to think it wasnt the real MGSV and TPP was just a decoy game
>>
>>336165029

B-but don't you understand OP? YOU, THE PLAYER, are Snake! This is Kojima's final gift to you! Aren't you grateful?
>>
File: T-thanks, Boss.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
T-thanks, Boss.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>All that pre-release hype
>That "Oh shit" moment when BB starts gunning down children and his own soldiers in the trailers
>Everybody speculating all sorts of crazy shit about how BB starts going off the deep end
>People suggesting that he murdered the kids because they stole his diamond dogs
>Somebody posts how you can fulton extract child soldiers and everybody thinks you can actually add them to your army
>Theories that Skullface was gonna die early on and start going all Tyler Durden on you
>Theories that you join up with Skullface and start working with him
>Wondering whether or not your soldiers are going to betray you and that's why they point the laser at you and BB guns them down later
>Either that or you just undergo a PTSD meltdown or start hallucinating
>That one guy who suggested that the soldiers figured out about you starting the wars that killed their families and you have to kill all of them to prevent them from spreading the information
>Ideas where you have to kill everybody in a mission for S-rank to cement Big Boss' step into villainy
>Somebody points out that Sahelanthropus' spikes looks like a lot like the shrapnel in your head and that you might actually be having an hallucination when you're driving away from it in the car
>That fucking idea where the game ends with you infiltrating your unique and fully customized Mother Base as Solid Snake
>mfw this game was one of the biggest fucking disappointments that I've ever experienced and I will forever search for a story that does something like the trailers depicted well
>>
I only wish they'd just release Chapter 3 as DLC, fuck it, I'd buy it, I can't handle the way it ended.
>>
>>336166392
I genuinely still believe this.
>>
>>336166392
I don't think anyone thought the whole game was a decoy. I remember everyone thinking that Chapter 3 would "unlock" once some online quota was complete or some relevant date was reached.

The hope for this died when it was revealed that the only thing of this sort that happens was some stupid cutscene unlocking when all of the online nukes get disarmed.
>>
>>336166292
I stopped coming here around release and than stopped playing for no reason. I just beat the final mission today and I imagine the people waiting to kill themselves killed themselves very violently.
>>336166392
Wish I was here for it
>>336166459
Makes my cock hurt thinking thats how this series ends.
>>
>>336166607
>That "Oh shit" moment when BB starts gunning down children
Only retards thought this was happening, you're a retard
>>
File: Cracked eyes.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Cracked eyes.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>august 31st
>before i go to bed i marathon the trailers in preparation for tomorrow
>an actual tear of joy rolls down my cheek as i finish the launch trailer and go to bed
>the wait was finally over
I should have just died in my sleep.
>>
>>336166607
Yeah this was me

It physically hurts
>>
>>336166392
It's Metal Gear Solid Venom
>>
>>336166679
Swear to god people were saying this game was a ruse between kojima and konami and the whole controversy was faked and that the true mgsv would come out later on

I was here when it came out and i remember the threads
>>
File: King Bunny.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
King Bunny.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>336166827
>a villain killing kids is too far fetched and retarded
>>
>>336166827
Still though you cant deny the anount of hype the trailers threw at us.

Problem is we fell for the hype.
>>
>>336166979
watch the trailer, the way it was presented, it was obvious he wasn't gunning down kids. People were just hyping themselves and would tune anyone else out.
>>
>>336166827
>story about big boss becoming the villain
>titlecard says men become demons
>text says punished snake, a fallen legend as he shoots at a bunch of children
>we have yet to learn why a legendary hero has sunk to evil, the series greatest mystery will finally be revealed
>why would you think big boss was shooting those children?
Kill yourself retard.
>>
Anyone remember that guy who died waiting this game

Anons were supposed to all decorate bases with parrots or some shit
>>
Holy shit! Shut the fuck up, you goddamn nerds!!
>>
File: Nazi rage.png (209 KB, 264x299) Image search: [Google]
Nazi rage.png
209 KB, 264x299
>that elega trailer that tricked you into thinking zero would in the game
>throughout the entire game i cant fucking wait for him to finally show up
>turns out his voice is just in some fucking cassette tapes at the end
>>
>>336166607

>BB is literally the antagonistic bad man by portable ops already
>people still expecting him to go antagonistic bad man in the final chapter before the link to MG1 is made

fucking seriously? you've played ALL these kojima games, you've sludged through the absurdly meta MGS2 and you still haven't realized that you don't "see" him going demonic ever because you are exactly PLAYING as him, socipaths, criminals, all of them, they ALL do what they do thinking they are doing the right thing, playing the games around BB, the actions you do in them are actually demonic but they are played with an almost comedic tone because you are playing as the insane deranged warmonger, I bet all of you laughed when he recruited cico, yet that was fucking child recruitment for fucking WAR, same goes as paz (since BB never knew her true age and assumed she was a kid), they are both listed as part of your crew, you go for 3 fucking games literally kidnapping soldiers and brainwashing them to work for you, and in the final game you discover the real BB was totally ok with ruining the life of his most trusted soldier in exchange for being an expendable body double, seriously, if by this point you haven't realized who the fuck you are playing, or who the fuck you are SUPPOSEDLY playing as, you are the ones that should be put in a cell because you are clearly mad.
>>
>>336167368
I swear, if they had at least turned the yellow marked cassette recordings into genuine cutscenes, people wouldn't have complained about the story at all.
>>
>>336167138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM
>8:08
It was fucking obvious he wasn't shooting the kids. Yet your dumbass believed it, and now you're calling the person who was CORRECT in saying he wasn't retarded.

I'm sorry your a gullible idiot who fell too hard for the hype.
>>
>>336167138
I cant think of anything you actually do thats bad.

Killing all your men in the base was necessary plus what you do to Emmerich is super PG.
>>336167296
>mfw went on gamefaq and its just a bunch of kids yelling about entitlement
>>
this game was utter garbage
>>
>>336166392
I will never not be mad about mgsv
>>
>>336167476
>shows kids behind bars
>shows them cowering away
>cuts to venom doing a mag dump

I'm not even the guy you're replying to, I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to argue right now. You just showed proof as to why people were reasonable in thinking that he kills kids during the game.
>>
>>336167493
The gameplay was good.
It lacked variety that's all.
>>
>>336167438
Absolutely right. Big Boss has been an anti-hero since he shot The Boss.
>>
>>336167492
We have this exact thread every fucking day!
>>
>>336167476
How are you in such denial

I doubt you were even on /v/ when the threads were going round
>>
File: 1451740319625.png (584 KB, 825x700) Image search: [Google]
1451740319625.png
584 KB, 825x700
>there are people who honestly think the Ocelot end wasn't great

It's like you didn't like MGS3 or something.
>>
File: 02b.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
02b.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>336167446
>no one would've complained about zero being a good guy for some reason who makes a double of big boss out of a medic snake while his super smart patriot ai spent the whole of mgs2 trying to figure out how to replicate solid snake
You cant make this shit up.
>>
>>336167438
Most people didnt play PW though and thats easily the most important game story wise for big boss

Fuck knows why kojima didnt just make thst MGS5 as was intended
>>
>>336167767
look at the perspective, the kids are cowering while he is obviously shooting at an angle up, not downward.

>>336167941
>o-oh no, I was wrong, I better call him new
I was here and said the same thing then. I mean seriously, what denial would I be in? I was 100% correct, you can tell by the perspective he wasn't shooting the kids, but everyone howled that he obviously was and this is him going demon.
>>
>>336168251
So this is the face of autism.
>>
>>336168251
>shooting at an angle up, not downward

He literally shoots DOWNWARDS at a bucket
>>
>>336168472
the perspective is screwed up, watch the full scene, the bucked is in the back, he would have to be aiming down to hit them. That's why he hit it and not them.

>>336168410
this is the face of someone who is correct. I'm sorry you got so anal pained after being wrong.
>>
File: 18j3z5x00t6nzjpg.jpg (37 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
18j3z5x00t6nzjpg.jpg
37 KB, 500x281
>>336168197
PW originally was intended to be 5, but they didn't want a main title on a portable system, even though it's essential to the story
>>
As someone who only played these games leading up to this, you need to be insane to think mgsv is a good metal gear game
>>
I said I was out after mgs4.

I loved watching everyone get hyped then utterly btfo by mgs5.

4 was the end of the series and it was obvious that Kojima was washed up.

What did you people really expect you were going to get?
>>
>>336166827
The reason he didn't shoot the kids is retarded, even more that he didn't just leave them there because the first Africa mission it was obvious that there is some plague shit going down
>>
>>336167967
what ocelot end?

That red beret style is so fucking dank though
>>
That's the point, though; it leaves you with your own phantom pain.
>>
>>336168909
Watch Big Boss go nuclear and good gameplay

We got gameplay atleast
>>
>>336169000
As in Kaz got kicked to the curb and Big Boss follows Ocelot's plans?
>>
>>336165029
it ended in chapter 1, im just waiting chapter 2
>>
>>336168909
It was supposed to bridge the gap, like Star Wars Episode lll (lol)

Albeit it wasn't a gap that needed to be filled seeing as how you can already observe Boss's moral downfall in Peace Walker, but everybody still wanted a more concrete display of how he ended up being the literal monster he was in MG2
>>
>>336165029
What I hated most was people defending this game one month after the release date
>muh missions
>muh tight controls

which amounted to very little given the shitty ai
>>
File: whatafeel.png (546 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
whatafeel.png
546 KB, 1000x1000
Really don't get why everyone was so disappointed. V is a great game, much better than 4. It was a bit odd having the story be on the back burner for a MGS game but I really liked that they focused on the gameplay. It was just pure fun, for like 80 or so hours as well. I got what I wanted out of it, just in a different way than I anticipated.
>>
>>336169570
My nigga
>>
>>336169570
Africa just wasn't fun to be in at all
>>
>>336169570
it was fun until I found out the game discouraged me from using any fire missions or fire support since it would lock me out of a potentially higher rank, and that the game pretty much punished you whenever it could for being lethal while also having mostly garbage NL options, which ground your options down to the NL-Not-FAL, the NL-Not-UZI, or a tranq gun which unless heavily invested into couldn't do anything against most armor.

Granted the game was already piss easy but the gear system didn't make much sense for me.
>>
>>336169570
The gameplay was good, but I don't think the maps were varied enough. It was literally just a bunch of empty area in between copy and pasted outposts, with only two or three particularly interesting bases on each map.

In comparison, Camp Omega in Ground Zeroes gave off more of an impression of complexity than anything found in TPP, except maybe OKB Zero in Afghanistan, but even that one felt like it was too linear of an approach.
>>
>>336167438
It's very interesting how bad people want/wanted to play as a war mongering child soldiering, murderous, bastard. As you say, we were already doing that, but people actively wanted and STILL want to play Big Boss at his absolute lowest. I mean jesus christ what happened to wanting to play as the hero.
>>
File: 1452550131386.jpg (50 KB, 540x406) Image search: [Google]
1452550131386.jpg
50 KB, 540x406
>>336171031
playing the hero is overdone as fuck if you haven't noticed
>>
File: vGqISRq.png (347 KB, 610x462) Image search: [Google]
vGqISRq.png
347 KB, 610x462
小島: ラストシーンといえば、海外のゲーム業界では一番いらん、て言われてます。ゲームを100人がプレイしたとすると、最後までたどり着く人って1人か2人。そこにお金をかける日本のクリエイターはおかしいってことで、向こうでは間に合わなかったら最後はカット。海外のクリエイターもそれで怒らないんですよ。「最初のシーンは100人やるから、一番お金かけるんや! 一番こだわるんや!」って。日本のクリエイターだけですよ、最初と最後のシーンちゃんと作るの。

クリエイターは怒らないかもしれないですけど、プレイしたゲーマーは怒らないんですか?

小島: 怒らない。

>Kojima: I've been told that in the overseas game industry "the final scene" is considered the most useless thing.
>Of 100 people playing a game, maybe 1 or 2 will reach it. They think Japanese creators who spend a lot of time and money on the ending are strange, over there if there isn't enough time they just cut it.
>Overseas creators don't get upset if the ending is cut "the first scene will be seen by all 100 so you should spend a lot of time and money on it!".
>Only Japanese creators spend equal time on the beginning and the end.

>Interviewer: Maybe creators don't get upset but surely the players do?

>Kojima: They don't.

http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/seifuku_robinson/page/4

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>336171210
Yeah I guess. It is only fiction after all.
>>
I went from ps2 to ps4 so I missed some titles, but this game felt nothing like MG. I'm always down for an open world but shit the world was boring as hell.

>driving a jeep
>so fast down the road
>really clunky weird crash
>wtf is this Conflict Desert Storm for ps2
>>
>>336167967
>New Ocelot unit doesn't even do anything
Of all the things they had to fuck up, why Ocelot?
>>
>>336171242
What the fuck Kojima.
>>
I could've forgiven it, all of it, if there had just been some really good boss fights.

Instead we got two, literally TWO actual boss fights in the entire game. Disgraceful.
>>
File: 1447030070917.gif (856 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1447030070917.gif
856 KB, 320x240
>>336171242
>People don't finish games lol

who the fuck gave this shitty advice
>>
>>336169570
I didn't think the gameplay was amazing or bad. Good, but nothing incredible. As far as controls and some mechanics go, it was as refined and smooth as it gets which made the first 40 hours really entertaining. Playing around, experimenting with guard interactions and fucking around with the tools they put at your disposal was really fun. Problem is once you get past that 40 hours you start seeing cracks like the horribly repetitive use of certain places, derivative gameplay that could just as easily been made procedurally, lifeless open world and a lack of bosses, which is astounding in MGS of all franchises. Ultimately most of the flaws come down to the open world. Open world was one of the worst steps they could have ended the series with.
>>
>>336171242
wtf?????
>>
>>336169570
It really wasn't that fun. The core mechanics were great, but the empty world and boring objectives didn't take advantage of those mechanics. Side Ops were unimaginative shit, the majority of main ops were just save the guy, destroy the thing, here were barely any boss fights or anything to have fun with. It was just boring.
>>
>>336167438
I honestly thought that BB never really went hardcore le bad man mode. It was just that he broke off from the Patriots, the Patriots didnt like it, he gets a Metal Gear/Nuke for deterrence, Patriots use this to justify sending in an operative (Snake/Fox) to kill his ass before he gets to too big.

That made more sense to be than a legit bad guy, anyways.
>>
File: 1455663249050.png (19 KB, 330x383) Image search: [Google]
1455663249050.png
19 KB, 330x383
>>336166629
D-don't worry man, it's all part of the ruse cruise, right guys?
>>
>>336167138
>Kojima explicitely saying it's important to mischieve fans when he's interviewed after the trailer
>BUT IT FITS HIS VILLAIN COURSE
Have you not learned anything about MGS and Kojima?
>>
>>336171504
It's true however. You can see this easily via the steam achievement stats across players, trophies for PS3/PS4. For MGSV on Steam, 7% of all players finished all the main story missions.

Another example in Dark Souls, only 9.2% of players Linked The Fire, and 5.8% became the Dark Lord. We live in an age of Let's Plays, where if you don't like the game or are too lazy to play it yourself you can watch it on youtube.
>>
File: Seething.png (164 KB, 353x369) Image search: [Google]
Seething.png
164 KB, 353x369
>>336172139
>>336171504

I mean hell, remember our daily backlog threads? People have upwards of 150+ games on Steam and have maybe played 25, MAYBE beaten 5 of them.
>>
>>336172139
Dark Souls first released on Games of Windows Live, so maybe people just didn't replay it ?
>>
>>336172325
Alright, Dark Souls II. 37.8% finished the game. You have a fair point with GFWL, but the numbers are out there for tons of games in that the number of players that start a game DROPS when it comes to how many finish it.
>>
>>336172032
Hi /r/NeverBeGameOver
>>
File: 1446625802347.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1446625802347.gif
2 MB, 300x300
God dammit I just wanted to play the Camp omega mission I was promised for buying GZ!
I don't even care anymore I'd even buy it as dlc for 5-10$ just give it back!
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.