[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will they have to announce at E3 in order to win back your faith?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16
File: reggie-01-500x281.jpg (15 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
reggie-01-500x281.jpg
15 KB, 500x281
What will they have to announce at E3 in order to win back your faith?
>>
>>336161337

TRANFORMATION
>>
cancellation of alliance with DeNA, halt of mobile games development, NX cancelled, and going software-only
>>
No gimmicks ever again, NX will have a basic controller.
>>
NX games
Eternal Darkness
>>
>>336161337
Complete third party support and freedom. The nx can support games that don't look like cartoons rendered in 360p. Blu-ray player on the nx. Multiplats. I'll probably end up buying the ps4k anyway.
>>
>>336162153

>get what you ask for.

>still turn it down.
>>
>>336161337
Cancelling NX and going third party. I'm sick of having to buy shitty gimmick consoles to play the 2 or 3 Nintendo games I want.
>>
>>336162153
>Complete third party support
So, AAA blockbusters that no one will buy on NX? Because that's what 3rd-party support means now, AA and risky, niche games are all but dead.

>I'll probably end up buying the ps4k anyway.
And most people will just do this, they're not going to buy NX to play the same shit they can get on PS4. NX needs its own games, not multiplats that will tank and deter any future support from their publishers.

Nintendo doesn't have much support because 3rd-parties are focused on their huge AAA blockbusters and little else. It's a matter of demographics, not hardware.
>>
>Metroid Prime U
>Remastered Metroid Trilogy for 3DS
>no more kiddie advertising like nintendo directs and nintendo treehouse and reggie dancing.Stop trying to act like our friends. You're embarrassing yourselves.
>more spinoff/collaborations like hyrule warriors (hyrule dark souls would be awesome. Maybe a doom or resident evil inspired metroid or a donkey kong game inspired by god of war)
>Federation force no longer has worse graphics than Hunters.
>either NX is delayed until Microsoft and Sony come out with their next consoles or they just go third party and stop making us buy under powered shit that won't get any third party support.
>no more miis. make your UI look professional and appealing to people over 8 years old
>>
>>336161337

New 3D Mario
A Link Between Worlds sequel (since the new Zelda got delayed)
Federation Force is cancelled and there's actually been a proper 2D Metroid in development all along
Bayonetta 3
The new Zelda comes out for Wii U much earlier than the NX version, and if you buy the Wii U version you get the NX version for free.

The last ten minutes of the E3 Digital Direct are a live stream of Nintendo of America's headquarters being burned to the ground.
>>
>>336161337
moving game library to PC. Good god do I not want to buy yet another Nintendo system for 3 games.

tfw I actually bought a Wii U
>>
>>336164470
>tfw the handful of games you wanted to play on the Wii emulated fine and you ended up never getting one
I'm gonna bet the same will happen for the Wii U emulator which is making splendid progress

wish I didn't bother getting a gamecube as well, only played 5 games on it and they also all emulate fine

I don't regret my nes to n64 though
>>
Games that are coming out this year
>>
i'm slowly inching into territory where i strongly doubt nintendo will announce or release anything of merit. I get more use out of my Wii u playing virtual console games than i do Wii games
>>
File: 7ZyYO.gif (1 MB, 200x126) Image search: [Google]
7ZyYO.gif
1 MB, 200x126
>>336161337
They'll announce all kind of things for 2017 Q4 release
>>
File: Melia had a hard life.jpg (55 KB, 480x265) Image search: [Google]
Melia had a hard life.jpg
55 KB, 480x265
>>336161337
whatever Monolith Soft is currently working on.
Thats the only good thing Nintendo has left
>>
a handful of exclusive new IPs, which is never gonna happen
>>
Proper Metroid
New F-Zero
Proper SMT x FE
Fire Emblem Warriors

Either way I'll probably end up getting an NX for the inevitable Splat2n
>>
>>336161337
the NX, new IPs, good shit
>>
>believing they will announce new games that will release this year, when they are pooling all of their resources towards the NX

We aren't getting any new games. In fact, its probably going to be a 15 minute damage control speech about how nothing is wrong with Color Splash, and telling people to buy it if they care at all about Paper Mario.
>>
File: n64_j.gif (87 KB, 389x466) Image search: [Google]
n64_j.gif
87 KB, 389x466
>>336161337
>What will they have to announce at E3 in order to win back your faith?

Spaceworld 2016
>>
Super Metroid 2
>>
>>336161337
amiibo card booster packs included with all 3DS/WiiU/NX physical purchases
My Nintendo account tracking your games for redownloading in current and future consoles
WiiU's swan song is Zelda U as expected but NX's lineup is ports (free download if you have their WiiU version) + 10 new games (Bayo 3, MH5, New F-Zero, New Metroid, New DKC, New 3D Mario, etc)
Third party AAA support is back
All Treehouse employees are rellocated to other jobs
Reggie dogezas in the stream with Bill Trinen
Miyamoto and Sakamoto retire
Aonuma passes the baton to Yoshiaki Koizumi
>>
File: Are you squidding me.png (132 KB, 612x496) Image search: [Google]
Are you squidding me.png
132 KB, 612x496
>>336161337
>monolith soft goes 3rd party
>exit the home console business entirely

The only games I consider worthwhile in my wii u collection are bayo 2, w101 and xenoblade x, none of which are made by nintendo. For the record I own pikmin 3, tropical dong, sm3dw, wwhd, hyrule warriors, kart 8, sm4sh, splatoon, Kirby rainbow curse, nsmbu and others. None of them are really worth playing besides maybe splatoon. Just a big heaping pile of meh.
>>
>>336161775
MARIO ON PS5
GONNA HAPPEN BROS! XD
>>
>>336168258
1/10
>>
>Yuuka Laylee
>Bayo 3
>Zelda NX
>A new Metroid
>A new Mario
>A Console Kirby
>Some Console Pokemon game like Snap, Stadium or Park
>Smash NX
>F-Zero
>new DK
>New IP entirely.
>Revival of an old IP like Takamaru

And /v/ will still demand Nintendo goes third party and that they're doomed since 1882.
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 256x366) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 256x366
Another Gotcha force
>>
F-Zero or Bayonetta 3

There is nothing else they can do. People say "oh a proper metroid will fix it all!" but these people gave you Other M before they gave you Fed Force.
>>
Melee HD
>>
>>336163207
This.

I'm preciesly going to stop buying Nintendo shit until this happens.
>>
>>336161337
Advanced Wars for 3ds
Localization of the Majin Tensei games
Basicly they cant
>>
>>336171265
You're going to be missing a lot of games then, anon.
>>
>>336170729
Except they are doomed and are experiencing an all new low in customer satisfaction

Nintendo cant live off its kazillion dollar money they have put away for ever when investors and customers are dropping like fucking flys.
>>
>>336171585
>They make advanced wars for the NX
And what then, anon?
>>
>>336171587
Thats fine .CIAs will launch and I'll buy the console used from now on. Fuck nintendo.
>>
>>336171619
You don't give them fucking credit. Holy shit. Everyone thought they'd die after the gamecube, then the wii. If they have money, they're going to do something with said money, to win a good chunk of fans back.
>>
>>336161337
They saw the Color Splash backlash and are heavily reworking the game. Miyamoto personally apologizes for making the wrong call with the series.
Federation Force was literally a joke this whole time, and a brand new 2D Metroid is coming out for 3DS immediately
A new 3D Mario is being developed for the NX, inspired by 64 rather than NSMB
Sakurai died in a car accident
Reggie fights and kills a bear, unarmed, on-screen
>>
File: 1444004872414.jpg (31 KB, 256x358) Image search: [Google]
1444004872414.jpg
31 KB, 256x358
No more amiibos
Gamecube games coming to the WiiU for that stupid fucking adapter
Snes games coming to the 3ds e-shop
>buying roms
Digital versions of harder to find games like mad world, last story and xenoblade chronicles
>buying wii and gamecube games when dolphin exists
>>
>>336171887
>not two bears.
>>
I think it's very likely we'll see the new Mario game for NX, Animal Crossing NX and Pikmin 4.

We might see Mario Kart NX and Retro's new IP.

I'm positive there'll be a port of Smash Bros. with a couple new characters to launch with NX, possibly enhanced ports of Splatoon and Mario Maker as well, but I'm not sure if this will be announced at E3 or later in the year.

Actually this is all assuming Nintendo decides to show anything at all, since they don't really give a shit about E3 anymore because Nintendo Directs allow them to communicate directly with the customers instead of a bunch of retard game journos.

>>336163613
Third parties will be on board with NX if it sells well. They'll start with ports of multiplats from the last couple years just in case it's a flop, but with NX launching with Zelda it'll absolutely have better sales than Wii U so it'll probably get ports of every other multiplat that releases. Publishers WANT their games on as many platforms as possible most of the time, it's just Wii U sold badly at launch so they abandoned ship immediately.

And it doesn't even need to sell THAT well to justify getting multiplats, just look at Xbox One.
>>
>>336171887

But the bear injures him to such a degree that he has to step down as head of NoA. He later consults on a Nintendo game dedicated to him where the final boss is a bear.
>>
>>336164335
>I only play mature rated games for mature gamers such as myself
>>
>>336171894
SNES games are already on the eshop for New 3DS, and Xenoblade was just put on Wii U's eshop last week.
>>
>>336164335
you're so boring
>>
File: image.jpg (476 KB, 3000x1700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
476 KB, 3000x1700
I don't care about E3

They need to prove NX is worth it

I don't mind the delay to March

Just make it good

Give good games, Zelda U/NX is already good but I want actual NX games not ports

Also what's really fucking crucial is third party support

They are the flag of whether you go gold like SNES or another shit like the N64 and GC regardless of how good your games are
>>
>>336172236
The bear later becomes the CEO of NoA.
All games are translated into bear.
>>
>>336161337
NX delayed until 2019
>>
>>336161337
A reverse Sticker Star situation with Color Splash. What I mean is in the early screenshots for Sticker Star it looked like we were getting TTYD gameplay and partners but then it changed dramatically. I'm hoping it's the reverse with Color Splash since early footage looked more like SS, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>336165343
Good luck playing Splatoon online on an emulator.
>>
>>336161337
I don't understand the hatred that Nintendrones have for 3rd party support. Nintendo is dying without it. Just let other people make games for you system why is that such bad thing?
>>
>>336161337
Going third party
Every Wii U game ported to the PS4 and Vita
>>
>>336173250
YOU TELL EM BRO! LOL
>>
>>336161337
Sometimes I wonder just how Reggie manages to hang on. He can't seriously have much faith in the Nintendo brand with the way things have gone recently. I wonder how long until he jumps ship.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 610x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 610x336
Please get rid of the generic toads in Color Splash

I like the gameplay style and looking forward to what the cards do

The graphics looks gorgous

The map and setting looks a lot better than sticker star

But please for the love of fuck get rid of the generic toads
>>
golden sun 4, a console FE (spinoff or main), new IPs made by a new generation of younger devs that actually know what people like these days, a gritty jrpg or just more M rated games in general would be cool
>>
>>336173116
nobody hates third party games u fucknig fagget

SNES/N64/GC had gr8 third party libraries, some of which were defining games of the consoles

Wii and Wii U are lacking because they're more annoying to dev for

NX needs to drop the gimmicks and just be an affordable video game console
>>
Games
>>
File: tmp_13976-146189400442995931773.jpg (753 KB, 1089x1634) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13976-146189400442995931773.jpg
753 KB, 1089x1634
>>336163207
Second this. Give me Zelda on PC, Playstation and Xbox please.
>>
Nothing.

I'm done with them.
>>
>>336173673
XD!!! WELL SAID BROTHER
>>
>>336173520
>I like the gameplay style and looking forward to what the cards do
>>
>>336173585
this
it's not difficult, people.
>>
>>336173882
the gameplay isn't completely item based like sticker star

I still have no hope for it though, paper mario was good because of the simple gameplay and unique environments/enemies
going full on generic mario was the worst thing for the series
>>
NX is a dedicated VR machine. It WILL have games.
>>
>>336173882
I really hope the card system is like Megaman battle network with actual deck building and strategy. Not pick shit up off the ground simulator like sticker star
>>
Actually listen to fans and not the market. We all know how listening to the market turned out sales wise.
>>
File: 14149.png (102 KB, 319x322) Image search: [Google]
14149.png
102 KB, 319x322
>>336161337
kid icarus U
advance wars days of boon
gamecube virtual console
paper mario colour splash cancelled

I think those would tide me over
>>
I can't believe I am saying this, but I want Nintendo to go third party. Just imagine if they had to optimize their games for powerful consoles for a change? It would be great, and better then making consoles specifically to give their games gimmicks.

"Nintendo: Nintendo will never stop innovating, regardless if the innovation catches on or not."

Until Nintendo can drop this shit and grow up, the industry will never take them seriously. The day Miyamoto dies will be the day Nintendo finally changes for the better.
>>
At this point the only Nintendo games I'd buy are either a good Paper Mario, or an Elite Beat Agents sequel or spiritual successor

I won't settle for anything less, and I probably won't even get the NX
>>
>>336163207
This. Let it be.
>>
>4 results for F-Zero

I love F-Zero but it's better off dead.

>GX will never be topped
>If a new one made it would unquestionably have some gimmick shoved into it
>>
remove amiibo from the premises
>>
>>336174873
>you move forward with the left analogue stick and turn with the Wii U gyroscope
Thanks Miyamoto
>>
>>336174873
>but it's better off dead.
This. I don't trust neo-nintendo within 50 miles from f-zero and the handful of other ips they havent raped yet.
>>
>>336174873
>>336175109
>>336175169
What if Retro did it
>>
>>336175234
Criterion almost did it.

And after they raped Need for Speed I'm glad they didn't.
>>
Zelda better be the second coming of christ.
GameCube games on the Eshop with online capabilities.
Star Fox Zero DLC (or extra content. love the game, hate the lack of content).
More Amiibo. Star Fox Zero Amiibo would be excellent.
Fucking Custom Robo. DS one was 10/10, want 3DS one.
>>
>>336170907
I would wet myself with excitement then shit myself thinking how bad it would probably be
>>
They are going to stop holding Monster Hunter hostage.

Or at least partner with Capcom to make a game on an actual platform instead of fucking handhelds.
>>
>>336175540
The MH team is there willingly.

They had a falling out with Sony.

Also, MH is a handheld series, it's always sold more on handhelds and the japs love playing co-op together.
>>
honestly it would have to be better than anything I can imagine
>>
File: 1442871023348.jpg (55 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
1442871023348.jpg
55 KB, 525x700
>>336161337
Iwata isn't dead
>>
>>336175951
>wanting iwata back to poison nintendo again

neo-nintendrones should really kill themselves.
>>
A solid launch lineup for the NX. I mean I want to see five good-looking games after this two year drought of games.

But honestly I expect them to announce some shit for the NX and then delay it all into later 2017. Even Zelda's gonna have this happen to it no doubt.
>>
>>336161337
Zelda U with beautiful design and minimal "innovation"
Federation Force with sweeping changes to fit better with the Prime universe
Fast Racing Neo expanded into a new F-Zero game
An apology for Lost Reavers being absolute shit after all the hype
A teaser for a new Metroid project
A new Mario game for Shiggy to shit all his "innovation" all over
Pokemon Sun and Moon with exp share reverted and more than 2 Pokemon per trainer confirmed
A look at the upcoming Animal Crossing mobile game

If they could do all of that then 2016 won't be Nintendo's worst year.
>>
>>336176059
>implying Shigeru "if there's no gimmick you can suck my dick" Miyamoto isn't worse for Nintendo than Iwata ever was
>>
>>336161337
Metroid: Dread
>>
>>336161337
Trick question, they're not showing anything but Zelda.
>>
>>336164335
>Metroid Trilogy for 3DS
Which one?
>>
>>336161337
I have eternal faith in Nintendo. They'll announce some good stuff
>>
>>336161775

>Implying any development team is wasting their resources making mobile games

That's the entire of DeNa, so they don't, DeNa is making the mobile games

>software only

Reminder that you are legally bound to publishers and console makers when your making a game

Reminder that Bayonetta 2 was rejected by everybody except Nintendo

Your basically asking Nintendo to go ask people to be allowed to make a game

Also you can kiss secondary IP's goodbye since they will never be accepted or relevant enough as a third party
>>
>>336164335

>Being a cunt

>Hating Nintendo directs when we get better announcements

You really want websites to fight over who gets to reveal shit first with their own snotty opinions?

Nintendo directs are fucking great
>>
>>336166117

Reminder that the majority of new IP's are ignored

Codename STEAM was fantastic but hated by morons who wanted Fire Emblem
>>
>>336177265

Playable

Zelda is the only PLAYABLE game

They are still having a presentation with announcements
>>
>>336177378
Man, I love Nintendo but I wish I could be this optimistic.

They'd have to announce a new 2D Metroid and show an overhauled Color Splash with RPG combat to make me happy.

An FE game for mobile like Awakening or Fates would be great too.
>>
>>336177895
Fans who wanted Fire Emblem already had Fates to look forward to. It was the Advance Wars fagots who ran a hate campaign against the game.
>>
>>336178002
Says who
>>
nintendo is dead boys
>>
>>336177895
>Codename STEAM was fantastic

Wew
>>
>>336178352
Well. technically no one, since OFFICIAL PLANS HAVE NOT BEEN MADE
>>
File: 1432081647213.jpg (337 KB, 867x848) Image search: [Google]
1432081647213.jpg
337 KB, 867x848
Nothing, they never lost it.
People bitching like Nintendo "betrayed" them are complete fucking idiots and act like Nintendo is part of their family. They're a company who want your money. They want to make more money, so they're delaying Zelda to a system where it might sell more than one million units. And to be totally honest, you guys should be thanking Nintendo for even bothering to finish the Wii U version and releasing it. You should also be thanking them for porting it to the NX, because on there there'll be a SLIGHT chance of the game not looking like total shit like in the previews.
>>
Lots of third party games.
The NX has all the standard features of a current gen console.
Some sort of Metroid that focuses on exploration.
Sun and Moon won't be a repeat of Gen 6.
A Mario similar to 64.
>>
>>336170729
Nintendo has to get the third party or they will never compete against the other two.
>>
Some good Zelda footage
New Splatoon
More Color Splash details
Probably a new #FE trailer
Some new 3ds game
An NX teaser
Probably a Smash goty version
Pokemon GO shit
Dragon Quest stuff
Monster Hunter stuff
Pokemon Sun and Moon stuff
>>
File: tmp_13976-112aogo1769554349.jpg (42 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13976-112aogo1769554349.jpg
42 KB, 500x381
>>336175508
>more amiibo

Anon you are the cancer
>>
>>336161337

Drop the gimmicks and make some fucking games.

It's so annoying, they turn a good idea in to a great peripheral then fuck everything up with no real applications for it. The WiiU remote goes against Nintendos design philosophy, make the controller simple enough to anyone can play it. The WiiU remote could be used to add a near unlimited functions to a control scheme, fuck you could potentially make a full flight sim with every single function that a planes cockpit has... It will never reach it's full potential under a Nintendo design.

So just keep it fucking simple, standard controls, standard fucking games, add multiplayer because you kinda should.

I mean, nintendo could potentially make a console based entirely on it's legacy. A huge library of games and all of them available. Not the pathetic VC but an actual market place for ALL Nintendo games. It's won't ever happen though, to busy wasting money on a fucking gimmick.
>>
>>336170907
>implying Capcom will be making games for Nintendo
A new Gotcha Force would be on every single platform BUT a Nintendo console
>>
The NX would have to be the most powerful home console ever released.
>>
>>336178925
>add multiplayer because you kinda should.

Fuck off
>>
>>336161337
They're bringing one game to e3. One
>>
>>336179323

>I'm a retard who can't read
>>
>>336177895

I want a new Codename STEAM that adds things from Advance Wars like full units
>>
Bayo 2 and W101 being ported to non-Nintendo consoles
>>
File: 2015.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1800
Nintendogs but with their property's shota
>>
>>336177895

Codename steam has it's own problems

But I did enjoy it

It was painful reading Gamespot's review because all his complaints was because it's a not a fire emblem game
>>
File: 1429140286803.jpg (129 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1429140286803.jpg
129 KB, 500x469
>>336161337
Bare minimum for hope and faith restoration would be a new 2D and 3D metroid, a new F-Zero even if its just a port of GX with online, and an announcement that they will keep their online service free from paid subscriptions.

Some real hard points would be if they are actually going to compete in terms of hardware specs this time around, and an actual look at a controller to put a stop to all speculation.

And if they want some real fantasy points, a port of Dragons Crown to NX with a bunch of new characters, dungeons, and quests. A new Little Kings story that isnt an abortion and stays true to the original. Ridley gets into Smash.
>>
>>336161337
New 2D Metroid for 3DS would be it imo
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.