[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what class is more fun in this game, assassin or magic archer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Dragons-Dogma-Online-Bild-11.jpg (660 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Dragons-Dogma-Online-Bild-11.jpg
660 KB, 2560x1440
what class is more fun in this game, assassin or magic archer? I'm worried that I'll mess up my stats trying both of them. I'm level 36 now playing as ranger with mage pawn. the 420noscope move is cool but I don't like how immobile it is. it looks like assassin has a similar move while being otherwise faster, but magic archer has a lot of cool looking moves too.
>>
>>336158946
Strider.
>>
>>336159238
I already maxed that class and the damage seemed too low to go back to it.
>>
>>336159941
Mystic Knight
>>
>>336159941
>damage seemed too low to go back to it
Skull splitter is one of the deadliest skills in the game.

Anyway, if you don't want to play as sorcerer for a while you will not have much fun with mc, so ass would be a better choice.
>>
>>336160302
I was going to max warrior first if I went assassin or sorcerer if I decide on magic archer. I don't want the game to be over by the time I finish so that's why I don't want to just try both.
>>
File: 1452976105075.jpg (254 KB, 581x1223) Image search: [Google]
1452976105075.jpg
254 KB, 581x1223
>>336158946
Don't worry about your stat growth too much, bitterblack island gear gives you so much stats that even if you completely gimp yourself you'll still be fine later on. Both classes are fun but try assassin, it's like strider but with more weapon variety.
>>
>>336160495
Well, then I can't really help you here. I like them both, but think strider, ranger and warrior are more fun. Both a pretty versatile and overpowered, ma especially in BBI, but you will have a harder time getting better loot there as ma. Ass relies on his counters to never get hit, ma just blasts everything with a few overpowered bow skills.
>>
>>336158946
If you're doing your first run through, and it's on normal you shouldn't worry too much about level ups. Just keep in mind that it's easier to go from a strider to a warrior than a strider to a sorcerer. Base game isn't too hard as long as you stay within level appropriate areas. And even then, you could cheese your way through if you're good. Like I fought the chimera immediately once I left cassardis. It took 2 in game days, but I did it as a strider.

>>336159941
Hundred kisses and bow skills help you deal damage against higher leveled enemies.
>>
File: 1389635049327.jpg (1 MB, 555x2563) Image search: [Google]
1389635049327.jpg
1 MB, 555x2563
>>336160569
>Arisen's favorite food is rotten apples!
I miss autistic pawns. I should replay this game at some point.
>>
>>336158946
>what class is more fun in this game, assassin or magic archer?
Both are quite fun.

>I'm worried that I'll mess up my stats trying both of them.
The only way to mess up your stats is to go pure magic for 100 levels and then try to play Assassin or something.

>it looks like assassin has a similar move while being otherwise faster, but magic archer has a lot of cool looking moves too.
Assassin has very limited bow moveset, but the dagger moveset is amazing. Something that's extremely fun and criminally underrated is Daggers + Shield.
>>
>>336158946
I thought assassin was more fun in Gransys, but MA does incredible damage especially in the enclosed areas of BBI

You can always max one and then swap over
>>
>>336162410
Do they actually comment on the stuff you eat?
>>
>>336158946
magic archer has the worst stat growth in the game. however, level up as a sorcerer for 50 levels and you'll be a god if you switch to magic archer after. it's by far the best class for endgame content
>>
>>336161116
is assassin bad if you suck at counter moves? I was already avoiding magic knight for that reason.
>>
>>336163695
Nah, you can play exactly like a strider or fighter, but the counter move is pretty dope
>>
>>336160302
I was fine playing MA after being just strider
>>
>>336163695
The counters are pretty easy to pull off if you get them to level 2.
>>
File: 1450964271893.png (67 KB, 273x287) Image search: [Google]
1450964271893.png
67 KB, 273x287
>>336158946
Anyone here playing on PS4?
I could use a guiding hand and pals to help
>>
>>336158946
Assassin is more focused on physical attacks, both in ranged and melee. It also has some god tier counter moves. Stuff like Masterful kill could outright wreck most of your opponents. This class might be the best choice for you is you want to get up close and personal from time to time. You might have trouble dealing with opponents that have resistance to physical damage though.
MA is more focused on magic attacks, but can fall back to physical damage using daggers. It has some pretty good selection of skill. But considering your impression of the Ranger, I'd avoid using some of them, since they could get you bored if you abuse them (Ricochet and Six-fold could obliterate most of your enemies with ease for example). I'd suggest mixing up stuff, like Immolation combined with some of the Strider's close combat skills, if you pick this class.
>>
is magic archer good against big monsters? it took forever to kill an ogre as ranger just shooting it in the face. looking at the skills it seems like the only big damage skill is the bomb arrow. my other concern is that since my main pawn is mage I'll have a hard time against enemies that are immune to magic.
>>
>>336165373
>is you want
if you want
I need to take a nap or something.
>>
>>336165401
Were you using tenfold?
>>
>>336158946
>magic archer
>most effective move is setting self on fire and humping monsters face

Don't get me wrong, immolation is fun as fuck, but it just doesn't make sense
>>
>>336165401
>it took forever to kill an ogre as ranger just shooting it in the face
At what level were you? Because ogres wreck everyones aught early on. They are just tough in general. To answer your question, MA is pretty strong against big foes if you have some physical attack. Set yourself on fire, climb them and stab them to death. The skill immolation is based on his physical attack strength.
>>
>>336165373
my problem with ranger wasn't that it was boring, but that it does poop damage against some enemies without my mage enchanting my weapon and that it's hard to deal with enemies getting in my face. killing an entire group of goblins with comet shot from across the map is great.
>>
>>336158946
Magic archer gets one of the worst stat allocations if you're minmaxing, which it seems like you are.
>>
>Went 100 levels nothing but sorcerer
>Now i'm doing magic archer
I'm getting my shit fucked by the demon dude in BBI, nothing I do does a significant amount of damage to him and I don't have the physical damage to use immolation. What do?
>>
MA. Ricochet is fucking amazing, I love Seeker bolt, Explosive Rivets are both fun as shit and powerful, Ninefold does retard damage to bosses, and most OP buff in the game. On top of all that gloriousness, you can fucking set yourself on fire and then climb on top of enemies and wreck shit.
>>
>>336165401
Six fold and Ricochet will kill most of the enemies. Especially Ricochet when used in enclosed areas. If that doesn't work, immolation then kisses.. You might want to bring a strider or ranger pawn just in case.
>>
>>336165601
>>336165894
I think I was level 28 or something when I fought the first one in the dungeon under the pawn guild. I literally couldn't kill it and had to get it to jump off the edge. I just beat two of them in the mine area at level 35, but I still was barely doing any damage so my pawn did most of the work. I can kill a cyclops in seconds so I don't know what the deal is.
>>
>>336166096
It's been awhile, but I was under the impression that all of MA's archer skills scaled with magick so you should be doing decent damage. Are you stacking 3 uses of Magick Rebalancer before the fight? And do you have the ring for Ninefolt bolt yet? My MA can easily destroy Daimon 2.0 quickly.
>>
>>336166289
>I think I was level 28 or something when I fought the first one in the dungeon under the pawn guild
What the fuck did you do the whole time?
>>
>>336166518
>3 stacks
Apparently it's 4 stacks, my mistake. Also, I assume you have a good bow? You want at least the Dragon's Tempest before worrying about Daimon.
>>
>>336165854
Ricochet hunter is absolutely the best skill in BBI, ogres go down in seconds.
>>
>>336158946
so the mods are all shit still right?
>>
>>336165925
Daggers are great though you shouldn't have much problem up close. Spam shearing wind.
>>
>>336166642
shoot it in the head but it didn't die
>>
>>336167103
I wanted to ask how you got to level 28 so early in the game.
>>
File: Fuck.png (513 KB, 639x625) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.png
513 KB, 639x625
>>336165925
>poop damage against some enemies without my mage enchanting my weapon and that it's hard to deal with enemies getting in my face
Ah shit, I know how that feels. Your best bet would probably be enchanted weapons like Heaven's Key.
>>
>>336167345
I don't know, I just killed everything I ran into on the way to gran soren. I explored about half of the south area on the way to the witchwood too. what level are you usually by the time you beat the game?

will magic archer be weak if I max warrior and assassin now and then sorcerer and magic archer later if I haven't beaten the game by then?
>>
>>336167874
>what level are you usually by the time you beat the game?
Would say around 15 for me.

>will magic archer be weak if I max warrior and assassin now and then sorcerer and magic archer later if I haven't beaten the game by then?
If you do this, nah. Late in the game equipment makes the most differences and MA is pretty strong in general.
>>
Magick archer only really shines in BBI, with BBI equipment. For the main game it's pretty weak. Although it's still fun, I love explosive rivets.
>>
>>336167874
If you are playing sorc for the augment, you can just powerlevel it with the guard trick. There is a ring in BBI (I think it's a ring), that doubles DCP so it takes like 30 minutes to max rank any discipline if you don't feel like doing it legit.
>>
>>336168446
>>336168467
should I try to do bitterblack stuff now or ignore it until I'm futher along in the main game? the rings that upgrade skills seem useful.
>>
>>336168890
BBI is geared towards players who are close to or have defeated the dragon. It's possible to do it with the use of items like throwblasts and such but it'll be a challenge. Still, it doesn't hurt to try; you can leave for later if it's too much for you.
>>
>>336158946
honestly any ranged class is going to be pretty boring after a few hours

mystic knight is fun but download a mod that extends buff time

warrior would be amazing but only 3 skills

magic archer looks pretty at least
>>
>>336168890
Just finish the main storyline then get stuck into BBI

BBI makes everything in the mainland look like a joke
>>
>>336171324
yea i wish the mainland had bbi like mechanics
>>
>>336168890
enjoy the main game while you still can because after bbi youll never want to go back(and are unable to go back since new game+ keeps everything the same level)
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.