[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a game that, upon release, got trashed by both critics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Weezer_Pinkerton.jpg (297 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Weezer_Pinkerton.jpg
297 KB, 1024x1024
What is a game that, upon release, got trashed by both critics and audiences, but many years later, people started to realize it was brilliant and is now praised as a masterpiece?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 240x300
>>336157832
>>
the film equivalent would be Vertigo
>>
>>336157981
Unleashed is slightly better than I remember it being, but it's not as great as other Sonic games in my opinion.

Will give it credit for being the best looking game released around that time period. Everything released then was just gritty realistic textures that made the games look like PS2 titles. Sonic Unleashed looked next gen.
>>
>>336157832
This gem.
>>
>>336157832
AND I DON'T WANNA BE AN OLD MAN ANYMORE
>>
God Hand?
Dark Messiah?
>>
>>336157832
Blue > Pinkerton
Prove me wrong
>>
>>336157981
Unleashed had the best speed sections in the series to date, the beat em up sections were just okay, people would have complained about them less if they weren't 75% of the game
>>
Deadly Premonition
Though calling it a masterpiece may make some mad
>>
>>336158392
That's not even a controversial opinion. If it was the other way around you would get some (You)s.
>>
>>336158392
Weezer is shit in general.
>>
Metal Gear Solid 2. Which I never really got. Raiden was good, and his differences from Snake were an important part of the game. And Snake was hell of a lot more interesting from the outside in MGS2 than he was on the inside in MGS1.
>>
NieR, most definitely. One of those games that just spread via word of mouth over time and pretty much revived the franchise.
>>
File: Illbleedbox.jpg (55 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
Illbleedbox.jpg
55 KB, 640x625
A masterpiece.
>>
>>336158392
YOU REMAINED TURNED AWAY
TURNING FURTHER EVERY DAY
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.