[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the Mass Effect series have a good story in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 460x215
Does the Mass Effect series have a good story in general?
>>
>>336151698
Its ok
>>
Most of /v/ would say no, but I would absolutely say yes.
>>
>>336151698
Definitely. Some of it is stupid, but with all of the DLC and all of the side missions and all of the main missions, the story is great. I give it a 8-9/10. The ending was pretty bad obviously, but the themes and elements present in all 3 games were pretty evident and well executed.
>>
It has Miranda, that's enough for me.
>>
>>336151698
No.

The entire plot is pretty mediocre.
>>
The plot is retarded.
Space and ayyy lore is pretty good, though.
>>
>>336151698
Yes. Diverse aliens cool scifi shit and even tried but fails (but still succeeds with geth and quarians and edi and joker) to deal with the singularity and how organic life would deal with artificial life.
>>
>>336152556
aka Michael Jackson
>>
>>336151698
The ending will make you regret playing any of it, but later on you'll realize that in its entirety it was okay. BioWare just suffered mismanagement, EA games and early SJW influence.
>>
It would have been better if they actually completed and written the story 100% through before making the games. They just winged the story as they went along after ME1.
>>
The plot will ultimately leave you unsatisfied and forced to either accept an autistic headcanon or write the entire thing off as a bad story. It's a huge shame because the lore is excellent. Andromeda won't fix anything either because they're just hitting the reset button.
>>
>>336151698
It did until it was completely ruined in the last ten minutes.
>>
>>336152556
>you live in a world with people who actually like miranda.
>>
I feel like Shepard fucks up in the Leviathan DLC, he pretty much unleashes a horror worst than the reapers
>>
>>336152902
Michael Jackson with a solid rack and 11/10 ass. Tell me you wouldn't at least feel confused over it.
>>
>>336151698
Setting is great. Actual story is the definition of squandered potential.
>>
Well written? No. Keeps you playing? Yes.
>>
>>336155262
>worst than the reapers
Howso?
>>
yes, until the last 10 minutes of the 3rd game
>>
>>336151698
ME1 had some good things going for it.
ME2 was absolutely pointless and retarded, fun game though.
ME3 went all over the place and completely shit all over itself.

You tell me.
>>
1 was pretty great

2 went fucking nowhere and is the worst one in everything except teammates

3 is just a big mess but it wasnt so disappointing since 2 already dropped the bar
>>
File: mass-effect-crew_wljyns.jpg (49 KB, 615x268) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-crew_wljyns.jpg
49 KB, 615x268
>>336151698
The main conflict ranges from game to game, but the real emphasis is on the setting and different character arcs.
>>
>>336151698
Not really, but their characters and worldbuilding is phenomenal.
Honestly, I would much rather be a C-Sec agent then a Spectre.
>>
>>336157924
Take the destroy ending for example, with the relays destroyed the Leviathans might think the lesser races would be prime servant material now.
>>
>>336159519
They're presented as relatively benign. They just want tribute payments. They don't control the other races that much, as evidenced by the fact that their other races were completely free to develop their own AIs even though it was against Leviathan's will.
>>
>>336151698
All in all yes. 3rd entry lacks a bit of the spark that made the series great, but is good in it's own right and the improvements to the gameplay make up for it.

Most people make the mistake of trying to condense the story down to A happened then B happened which caused C to happen, which is a disservice to the fantastic lore and worldbuilding. Each game tells it's own separate story, and various threads from 1 and 2 carry over. It's not meant to be a single story like LotR or Star Wars.
>>
>>336152807
>Diverse aliens
The only aliens that qualified as diverse got no screentime
>>
>>336160102
>They just want tribute payments
Yes and what's stopping them from trying to take back their place in the galaxy after the reaper threat is done with? We aren't sure exactly how many there are to begin with and how many of their indoctrination spheres there are. Indoctrinate a Turian that's high enough in the hierarchy, and you've got a lot of subjects.
>>
first mass effect game was really good tbqhwy
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.