[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox 64 >15 different locations >total of 16 missions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: 113664b.jpg (35 KB, 190x269) Image search: [Google]
113664b.jpg
35 KB, 190x269
Star Fox 64
>15 different locations
>total of 16 missions (if you count Venom as two different missions)
>training mode
>vs mode
>16 medals
>unlockable sound test and alt title screen
>came packed with a Rumble Pak

Star Fox Zero
>13 different locations (if you cont Salvadora as one)
>20 missions
>training mode
>arcade mode
>co-op mode
>70 medals to collect
>two unlockable skins
>unlockable sound test
>comes packed with Star Fox Guard
>>
Star fox 64 had 30 medals actually expert mode ones had to be earned separately to unlock the on foot combat for multiplayer. You also got landmaster for multiplayer at 15.
>>
Ok? Still think it could do with more levels.
>>
>>336150263
They're basically the same medals no? I mean the requirement is the same for the normal ones...
>>
>>336149123
Star Fox Zero is fun. Guard is great too. :)
>>
Too bad you can't emulate Starfox well
>>
>>336151054
>wing damage, leaving you with a single laser
>increased damage
>>
>>336151514
What the fuck, it eliminated:

>increased enemy accuracy (Venom 1 WILL fuck you up if you don't move AND Barrel Roll)
>>
>>336151514
I know, but that's extreme mode, just like trying to get all 70 from Zero with the red arwing... not really different medals, just a difficulty setting.
>>
>>336151261
I'm having a blast with both. I haven't played a fun game like that since Ace Combat 5.
>>
>>336149123
The missions in zero have a lot more variety.
The training mode in zero also doubles as a challenge mode.
>>
>>336152862
but people still say there's barely any content in it
>>
>>336153285
Because they are idiots. The arcade mode in zero has much more replay value than 64.
>>
>>336149123
So they barely evolved in all these years?
>>
>>336153285

Well when some of the missions are simply just either boss battles/levels without bosses and some reusing maps to get to add just a few more missions than 64 I can see why it kills people. Its honestly my only complaint the game is fucking rad, but there could definitely be more. High hopes we get some DLC, considering the WiiU has a fucking year long drought almost.
>>
>>336154147
64 had some lame missions as well:
Katina
Fortuna
Bolse
Sector Z
>>
>>336154945
I'll add onto the list
>Aqua-I don't hate the Blue Marine like a lot of people do, but I don't see why it's in the game when it only shows up for one stage
>Solar-desu there's not much to this stage, there's no variety in enemies and all you have to do is try to not to die from the heat.
>>
>>336155539
Meteo can get pretty boring with its long stretches of nothing.
>>
>>336154945
>>336155539

Hmm, I guess I forgot about those stages being essentially all range + fight rather than a full level. Though I really like Solar. I guess that just leaves the single Andross fight being disappointing, though if they want to toss more levels through DLC I will not complain at all. Paid or not
>>
>>336156502
I'm quite certain that there's only one Andross fight, so that they can bring him back in a sequel.
>>
>>336156928

That didn't really stop them from bringing him back in adventures. You think we will even get a sequel with all the shit the game is getting from reviewers/everyone in general? You know one that doesn't take ten years to get. Really hope this game sold here, it really doesn't deserve the 2/10 tier scores its been getting.
>>
Wait...is there really no online versus multiplayer in Star Fox Zero? No way. I really legitimately don't believe it. Is that seriously the case?
>>
>>336149123

Can someone explain how you get gold trophy hits when you deal no damage, I must be taking paths with minimal enemies.

Fortuna practically requires bombs to get near gold
>>
>>336158047
This is the case. I'm sorry about it too. With the way the game controls, I actually wanted multiplayer this time.
>>
>>336158258
And after what people were saying when Star Fox 64 3D had local multiplayer only? Fucking hell.
>>
>>336154116
Well, people keep saying what they want is Star Fox 64 again, so that's what they did.
>>
>>336157661
I think a sequel is likely. People hated this one for the dual-screen and motion controls, so by dropping those they would increase popularity. It's also possible that the NX won't even have a gyroscope or a controller screen.
>>
>>336158072
Are you shooting falling ships again for extra points?
>>
I'm going to buy Star Fox Zero at a later date, perhaps when a slight price drop happens.

Knowing Nintendo it might not even drop at all until 2 years later.
>>
>>336158529
I want Star Fox 64's mechanics again, not the entirety of Star Fox 64.
>>
>>336149123

I was going to buy this but the lack of versus persuaded me not to, go fuck yourself nintendo
>>
>>336153931
I disagree. The twelve main planets/missions (save for Zoness and the last half of Area 3) are all really well crafted and fun. Only about three routes in the game take you through the good levels and the other routes take you through little mini-missions that are fun, but not very replayable in my opinion. It's also shitty that all routes will converge on the exact same three missions every time.

I also don't like that the branching paths are generally opened by abandoning your current mission, to chase Pigma or teleport away from saving General Pepper, for example.
>>
>>336149123
You forgot

>Shit controls
>>
>>336160020

>Buying StarFox for versus

You weren't going to buy it regardless.
>>
>>336160512

he didn't forget that, it's just that it's a low iq criticism that isn't worth mentioning because anyone who 100%'d the game knows it's not true.
>>
I'm waiting for a price drop
>>
>>336160065
I was thinking in terms of high scores. 64 for has one optimal route that you'll repeat over and over, whereas Zero tracks scores for each individual route so you can aim for route specific high scores. Zero also keeps track of time so speedruns are possible.

I hope you've realized that the second part of area 3 doesn't require the gyrowing.
>>
>>336149123
You forgot
>Good controls

>Shit controls

Only one that matters
>>
>>336154945
>Furry Independence Day is somehow lame

Wow you're hard to please
>>
>>336160792

I usually only buy games if they have multiplayer.

I wouldn't have gotten Hyrule warriors if it wasn't co-op. I bought yoshi's wooly world, and all the nsmb's and 3d world because of the co-op.

If this had actual co-op or even a versus mode I would've bought it.

I think the only single player game I own for the wii u is bayonetta 1/2. Hell I even bought Monster hunter 3 U because one of my friends got it for the 3ds and said we could co-op it together.
>>
Star Fox was never good 2bh
>>
>>336161573
>I usually only buy games if they have multiplayer.
So you're the one killing video games
>>
>>336161656
It was always just a tech demo game of the fx chip/64/game pad.
>>
>>336161568
It's cool once, but from a gameplay perspective it's really bland.
>>
>>336161781

Single player games have 0 replay value, if I had purchased starfox wii u I would've beaten it within 2 days and never touched it again, same goes for any other single player game. Unless they look exceptional I'm not getting a single player game, so I certainly wasn't going to play a rehashed 64 game with gutted multiplayer. I appreciate the attempt at co-op but I doubt it would be fun enough to warrant replaying it.
>>
>>336162085
>Single player games have 0 replay value
I can vouch for the fact that that is false, especially with a scoring system like SF64's
>>
>>336162085

What? Like literally fucking what? Nevermind what you said about StarFox not having replay value, but every single player game? Do you play video games?
>>
>>336162430

Maybe for you but I don't care about beating my high score, I beat the game on the hardest difficulty and I'm done I don't have a desire to do better than last time if I beat it.

But I'm still playing old multiplayer games, I still play mario party, smash 64, mario kart from any entry, perfect dark, mario strikers, shootan and fightan games. I haven't replayed any single player game because there's no point, I remember mostly everything and I don't care to do it again.
>>
>>336149123

>Star Fox Zero

THREE HOURS TO 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpdhGlySwH4
>>
>>336162812

I loved all the paper mario games, but I will never play them again because I already beat them and there's no point. I have never replayed a zelda game, I have never replayed a GTA game (those are fun to fuck around in the free world though so I guess I have gone back and played it) I never replayed bayonetta or Pikmin 3 (excpet for the versus in it) Never replayed a metroid game, I don't enjoy playing the same game again twice. I don't enjoy starting over either, if I lose a save or something I usually just stop playing
>>
>>336161321
Ah, yes. That's a fair point.
>I hope you've realized that the second part of area 3 doesn't require the gyrowing.
I do, but you miss out on valuable hits by not entering the hangar. Dipping in there to clean up, only to backtrack in the Arwing isn't a lot of fun either.
>>
>>336163004

awesome job, you sure got us with that one. surely nobody will wise up to the fact that this video uses editing to only show the relevant differences between each playthrough and skips through all the failed attempts and retries for the sake of convenience.
>>
>>336163004
That's not 100%, he just plays every route once and doesn't go for any medals. It's like saying that you've completed a racing game after driving through every track once.
>>
>>336163590

Getting 100% medals doesn't unlock any new mode so it's pointless.
>>
>>336163762
>muh rewards
>>
>>336161573
>he dosesn't play starfox zero coop
It is great. If you are the one controlling the arwing it is just like playing 64. I play it with my wife doing the motion controls.
It definitely feels like we are playing together a lot more than Hyrule Warriors where we go to opposite sides of the map and only do anything coordinated for giant bosses.
>>
>>336163762
It unlocks the amiibo content. Medals also unlock challenge missions.
>>
>>336163762
You get the alternate arwings you'd otherwise need amiibo to use.
>>
File: IMG_3640.jpg (18 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3640.jpg
18 KB, 300x186
>>336150263
>Star fox 64 had 30 medals

>mfw I learned this a few years ago but have played Star Fox 64 sice '99
>>
I don't think anyone would miss gyro if they went with regular controls.

At any rate, it was mediocre even if you take the gyro controls out of the equation.
>>
File: 1387288899651.jpg (76 KB, 708x718) Image search: [Google]
1387288899651.jpg
76 KB, 708x718
>Comparing a game today, to a game that came out 20 years ago
>implying the problem is that it doesn't have multiple times the content the 20 year old game has

Seriously, with the amount of time it's been since a Star Fox game, there should have been at least double.
>>
>>336164606

I'd miss them, I think its very interesting how well the levels and bosses are designed using the two screens and how it makes gameplay pretty hectic in certain situations.
>>
>>336164789
Or the ability to remap controls. Something the SNES game had.

It's one step forward and two steps back with Nintendo.
>>
>>336164606
Gyro should become the new industry standard in console shooters.
>>
>>336149123
Star fox zero would be GOAT if the motion controls were just optional and had leaderboards. I'll just pick this up when it drops in price.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.