[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>poise doesn't exist in dark souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 KB, 64x100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 KB, 64x100
>poise doesn't exist in dark souls 3
>>
It doesn't. The stat is turned off. It's a 0 / 1 flag.

Super armor is not the same thing as poise.
>>
Probably for the best. It should instead make hyperarmor more effective and have an overmatch mechanic, so wearing armor with things like 1h axes and maces would make them more viable.
>>
>>336148351
It does when you use the weapon skill present in that weapon you posted, as well as in a couple of other weapons.
But you already knew that, didn't you.
>>
>fight some fags near the klin
>they all use BKGA
>2 hits chain me im dead

what the fuck
>>
Sometimes I wish it did when I'm at 69% equip load on my 25 vit Havel's ring character and those little thief assholes on cathedral of the deep roof are team stunlocking me to death
>>
>>336148553
super armor is poise but only turned on during certain attacks and arts
>>
>>336148751
at the end of that chain you are pretty much guaranteed they're shit out of stamina
>>
>>336149019
at the end of that chain im already dead
>>
>>336149187
Damage and health scaling is garbage in 3. While Vig hits a big downhill at 28, walking around with only 1,000 health is a problem. Especially when every hit from most weapons deals ~500 damage.
>>
>>336149187
Who's fault is it for walkin into a swing of one of the strongest weapons in the game

its not like the attacks are anywhere close to instant
>>
is there any way to play this game as a tank?

seems like no matter the armor/shield the bosses still take a 3rd of your life with any attack
>>
>>336148919
No, it's not. It's an entirely different mechanic that is not tied to the poise mechanic in any way, shape or form. The poise stat is literally, factually turned off.
>>
>>336150287
Not really. Even with a greatshield, most enemies will plow through your stamina with ease.
>>
File: 1461690220363.jpg (13 KB, 497x477) Image search: [Google]
1461690220363.jpg
13 KB, 497x477
>>336148751
>https://youtu.be/ZwzK_TZZgUE
Try this an enjoy butthurt just like in the comments.
>>
>>336150682
I'm not talking names here I'm talking functionality

I'm perfectly aware that poise values have been turned off in some config
>>
>>336150959
No amount of winning would be worth turning into such a massive faggot.
>>
>>336149439
this, we need a small health bonus every level again. starting health is really shit.
>>
>>336151454
Doing that in DS2 made VIG a worthless stat.
>>
>>336151013
>I'm not talking names here I'm talking functionality
They function differently, super armor has been present since DeS, alongside poise.
>>
>>336151573
>20 HP per point of vigor
>1 HP per point of anything else
Yeah OK.
>>
>>336150959
based enisle

>>336151230
>anal hurt someone doesn't play by your retarded fedora duel honor codes
kill yourself idiot.
>>
>>336150959
What happened to guard breaks?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.