[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come /v/ thinks mods ruin the gaming experience? When I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: whymodsareshit.png (2 MB, 1159x1482) Image search: [Google]
whymodsareshit.png
2 MB, 1159x1482
How come /v/ thinks mods ruin the gaming experience?

When I see stuff like that one guy soft banning everyone with his mod I start thinking mods ruin video games as well.
>>
People wouldn't use such outrageous mods. Of course, there's a lot of crap (most of everything is crap so this is nothing unexpected) but I haven't ever seen or even heard of anyone using a mod anything close to what your describing.

If we're thinking of traditional Western Chess as the base game, Chess mods actually in use are something like Fischer's Chess960, Shogi or a set of pieces made from ebony and ivory.
>>
>>336142889
Only mods that just make the game easier. For example there are some really fun Minecraft mods that make the game 10x better, but mods where it is just giving you a weapon that does 100000000000000 damage is pretty dumb.
>>336143554
>but I haven't ever seen or even heard of anyone using a mod anything close to what your describing.

Then you never played borderlands, people would just mod in guns that did crazy damage that would one shot anything or just mod in infinite money.
>>
>>336143769
>confusing mods with cheats
You're console kiddie, right?
>>
File: assburger.jpg (6 KB, 196x223) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
6 KB, 196x223
>>336143769

>some mods are cheats
>therefore, all mods are cheats
>>
>>336142889
this bait image is still being posted?
>>
>>336143769
>a very small amount of mods are both cheats and can be used for multiplayer
>SO ALL MODS ARE CHEATING, REEEEEE

Fuck off m8
>>
what if I download a mod to make all the chess-pieces living loli statues?
is that unfair?
>>
Its your choice if you want to ruin your experience in a single player game, because its all subjective. It only becomes an issue with online gaming where modding is typically limited and monitored.
>>
mods can make a good game great, and a shit game passable. I can't even imagine playing garbage like Skyrim without modding the ever-loving hell out of it.
>>
>>336142889
>How come /v/ thinks mods ruin the gaming experience?

mad as fuck consolefags or lazy asses who can't be bothered to install a mod

I can the problem with playing modded games and total conversions before the vanilla but some games like KOTOR 2 and VTMB require it
>>
>/v/ hates that people mod in their SINGLEPLAYER game

STOP HAVING FUN
STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>336144945
>/v/ hates

Oh fuck off. We're not all one person. Not yet
>>
>>336145002
when referring to /v/, it usually means a large majority, obviously not all of it. why does /v/ take it so literally?
>>
>>336144393
but its true
>>
>>336145138
>large majority

citation needed, you huge faggot

When has the "majority" of us given a shit how you mod single player games?
>>
>>336142889
The greatest chess player disagrees.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess960
>>
>>336145543
when have they not
>>
File: artists vision.jpg (53 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
artists vision.jpg
53 KB, 500x417
>mods are cheats
haha what

This is much more accurate image
>>
>>336142889
because of people who only own a console. they have to rationalize their decision by deciding that mods can only be a bad thing because they're jealous.

generally they won't even be open to trying a modded game because they don't want to realize that their purchase was a mistake.
>>
>>336142889
>When I see stuff like that one guy soft banning everyone with his mod I start thinking mods ruin video games as well
Hex editors are not mods.
>>
File: 14445672190113.png (31 KB, 485x139) Image search: [Google]
14445672190113.png
31 KB, 485x139
>>336142889
Reminder about mods.
>>
>>336145614
Or you could think of highly popular Shogi (Japanese Chess), Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) or Janggi (Korean Chess) popular in East Asia (not as popular as Go I think but popular nevertheless). Indeed, if I understand the history of Chess correctly, they and International/European Chess all could be viewed as a mod for the Indian original.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.