[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Long Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: The Long Dark.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Long Dark.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
Alright guys, i want your opinion on this game, to me It's easily one of the best survival games I've ever played, it also feels really atmospheric.
What's your opinion on this game /v/?
>>
>>336142545
It's shit
Fuck off shill
>>
I love it too
>>
>>336142605
Why is it shitty?
>>
File: 1398875405747.gif (2 MB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
1398875405747.gif
2 MB, 500x230
>early access survival FPS
How refreshing.
>>
>>336142923
I played it for a while and i like it alot, It's not really like the other survival games. None of the zombie shit or anything.
>>
>>336142923
People like you miss out on a lot of good stuff
>>
The graphic style is just alright to me, kinda cartoonish and so on, also the dynamic weather system works really well.

Suddenly a snow storm can start, the scenery and the nature looks gorgeous, alot of places to discover and things to see.

Also alot of different tools and things to use, if you have some up used clothes or clothes which you don't need you can tear them into cloth.

You can then use that cloth to repair the clothes which you wear.

I also like the animals they put in the game, there's a quite few things you can do to survive, like set up traps for the rabbits. You can go hunting for Deers, Wolves and Bears.

Fishing is also an option in the game, you can harvest plants and use them for various things.

Some of the best clothes in the game can be made out of the skins of animals you kill also.

In the current game there's 4 different regions to discover, a huge map and alot of land to cover.
>>
>>336142545
I love the game but it is a bonafide walking simulator at times. I wish there was an autowalk buttons so I wouldn't have to hold down 'w' for 10-20 minutes at a time.
>>
>>336144268
That's true, i sorta wish they added some more buildings along the way or maybe something else you could use to cover land faster.
>>
Did the first part of the story mode come out yet?
>>
>>336144548
I don't think so not yet, but here it says that there's about 3-4 hours of story gameplay on episode one, i honestly can't wait for it.

http://hinterlandgames.com/the-long-dark-story-mode-teaser/
>>
>>336144001
Holy fucking shill

If you don't want to play winter stroll mode is the most bull shit game ever. No one likes constantly having to drink water and cook food while simultaneously lighting a million fires to stay barely alive. People don't fucking freeze to death in two minutes and starve in five.
>>
>>336144697
So what you're saying is that you do not enjoy surival games, why did you come to this thread then.

The thread was about this game, not "What's your opinion on survival games" you fucking retard.
>>
>>336144936
The game is a fucking chore. You spend more of your time in the crafting menu than exploring or doing anything entertaining.
>>
>>336144451
I think the empty stretches of land are great, making buildings more common would ruin the specialness of discovering new territory.

I love the feeling of getting stranded in uncharted territory and being forced to camp in the middle of nowhere under the stars.
>>
>>336146790
Just the feel when you finally find shelter and start up the oven to make yourself some food. Also some of houses looks really cozy which is a plus.

The solar winds also look really pretty, sometimes i usually camp in one of those watch towers, really cozy desu.
>>
>>336144001
nice

reddit

formatting

sure

is

shill

in

here
>>
>>336147334
Do you seriously give a fuck about formatting? How sad.
>>
>>336142545
ITT: shills arguing vs salty kids

i enjoy the game, but cant get myself to invest more than 1h at a time into it
>>
>>336147559
when its a dead giveaway and 100% obvious then it would be funny to ignore it.
>>
>>336147334

>That formatting
>Reddit

Not him, but nigga I've been typing in that style for the 9 goddamn years I've been a part of this black hole of a site
>>
Resource management and a decent depiction of the Canadian north. But that's literally all there is. There are no story hooks last I played it and all you're getting from exploration is just more supplies or bullets to kill the infinitely spawning wolves with.

Not worth the time and money.
>>
>>336147910
>4chan
>black hole
>9years
>format like a nigger
sure thing, buddy, I totes believe you. Have an ebin upboat while you are here. ;)
>>
>>336147910

>your entire post

I've never seen someone trying this hard to fit in on here.
>>
It's a great survival game, probably second after the king, unreal world. It's worth every penny, I pirated it, played for a few days and bought it, and it's still getting better.

It has everything you're looking for in a survival game, it's you vs nature, but it still doesn't have a story which should be added sometime this year, but survival games always needed you to like this kind of game play, it requires role playing and a healthy imagination.
>>
>>336149060
Totally agree with you dude, It's one of the few survival games i can actually enjoy and play for a long time, in long sessions it can get boring. I haven't found alot of bugs in this game so far either. The devs usually hotfix bugs fast and actually listens to the community, which is a great thing.
>>
I like it. I have been playing it a lot the past several days, makes for a relaxing game to play and listen to podcasts to after work. Sandbox mode doesn't seem to give much incentive to explore, although maybe I just haven't played it that much yet.

Interested to try hard mode after I am more familiar with it
>>
>>336149597
The game can be pretty punishing at times but also rewarding on the harder difficulties. It feels really good when you finally find the one base you want to stay at and can just place all your items there. Trust me dude, there's alot of stuff to find in the game, watchout for the animals though.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.